Jump to topic:

hip hop elements mafia DP2

feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 10:31:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
As the culture takes shape and the music starts to be heard around the world, people begin to speak about the elements, avenues or pillars of hip hop, but there is some disagreement about how many elements there actually are.

Could only find censored version of this video.

Deceased:

bluesteel
- Afrika Bambaataa, the pioneering DJ and ex gang leader who founded the Zulu Nation http://en.wikipedia.org... died last night, in extremely suspicious circumstances. A microphone was found embedded in the shattered remains of his skull and his windpipe and throat were clogged with a substance thought to be aerosol spray paint.
Alignment: Unknown.

M.Torres - Seen, the pioneering aerosol artist often referred to as the godfather of graffiti http://en.wikipedia.org... was also found dead in the early hours of the morning. Reports indicate that his body was crushed beneath a massive stack of speakers, the kind employed by block party hip hop deejays on the streets of the city. Foul play has not been ruled out.

Replacements:

Thaddeus has replaced wonderwoman.

Living players:

1. Danielle
2. Vi
3. m93samman
4. Atheism
5. Necrophiliator
6. darkkermit
7. Alex
8. Thaddeus
9. Nags
10. badger
11. tvellalott
12. rogue

Vote count:

darkkermit
- 1/7 (darkkermit)
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 11:28:41 AM
VTL DarkKermit

It's a mafia ploy to make it seem like his vote was stolen.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 11:53:11 AM
At 3/5/2011 11:28:41 AM, m93samman wrote:
VTL DarkKermit

It's a mafia ploy to make it seem like his vote was stolen.

Seems possible. VTL DarkKermit for pressure. Only character claim Kermit, don't role claim unless you feel it is necessary.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 11:56:51 AM
bluesteel - Afrika Bambaataa, the pioneering DJ and ex gang leader who founded the Zulu Nation http://en.wikipedia.org... died last night, in extremely suspicious circumstances. A microphone was found embedded in the shattered remains of his skull and his windpipe and throat were clogged with a substance thought to be aerosol spray paint.

M.Torres - Seen, the pioneering aerosol artist often referred to as the godfather of graffiti http://en.wikipedia.org... was also found dead in the early hours of the morning. Reports indicate that his body was crushed beneath a massive stack of speakers, the kind employed by block party hip hop deejays on the streets of the city. Foul play has not been ruled out.

They both sound mafia-ish. We might have a JOAT as well as a Vig
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 12:00:28 PM
At 3/5/2011 11:56:51 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
bluesteel - Afrika Bambaataa, the pioneering DJ and ex gang leader who founded the Zulu Nation http://en.wikipedia.org... died last night, in extremely suspicious circumstances. A microphone was found embedded in the shattered remains of his skull and his windpipe and throat were clogged with a substance thought to be aerosol spray paint.

I doubt that the town was able to get two kills on the mafia and the mafia not get a kill. Besides, JOAT usually protects himself in NP1
:
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 12:00:30 PM

Though that would mean the doctor protected someone.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 12:12:35 PM
At 3/5/2011 12:00:30 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Though that would mean the doctor protected someone.

which is unlikely. That, or mafia hit the bulletproof. Both of which are unlikely.
:
:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 12:40:32 PM
At 3/5/2011 10:31:53 AM, feverish wrote:
M.Torres - Seen, the pioneering aerosol artist often referred to as the godfather of graffiti

I think bluesteel was town and M.Torres definitely mafia... Yes! We nabbed the Godfather :D

I'm okay with voting darkkermit for pessure just because of his massive lurking yesterday. However FOS on m93 for suggesting his vote was a "mafia ploy" instead of the more probable obvious townie politician role.

Also, there's a very strong chance I will role claim in this day phase to help prove my role. Lessee.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 12:42:09 PM
Oh wait... I just remembered darkkermit was the person who accidentally said sh!t in the main mafia thread yesterday. If I remember correctly, it seemed to be a mistake and his night action implied town. I'll keep my vote to know his full claim (since we already half know it), but he's likely town.
President of DDO
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 1:03:47 PM
At 3/5/2011 12:42:09 PM, Danielle wrote:
Oh wait... I just remembered darkkermit was the person who accidentally said sh!t in the main mafia thread yesterday. If I remember correctly, it seemed to be a mistake and his night action implied town. I'll keep my vote to know his full claim (since we already half know it), but he's likely town.

I only just joined. What was said? (paraphrased ofc)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 1:17:51 PM
At 3/5/2011 1:03:47 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

In the main mafia thread (the one where feverish says "day phase 1 is up" and stuff), darkkermit replied to it with, "transform scratch." I pointed out that it might have confirmed himself as townie. However, I just realized (after seeing M.Torres' role) that the mafia are just going to be regular other MCs like my character -- so it's very possible darkkermit meant to post in the mafia thread and posted in the main thread instead. However based on what he said it seemed like he was posting a night action meaning he could have mistaken the main thread for his role pm. I'm really not sure - that's why I'm keeping my vote to find out.
President of DDO
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 1:22:53 PM
At 3/5/2011 1:17:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/5/2011 1:03:47 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

In the main mafia thread (the one where feverish says "day phase 1 is up" and stuff), darkkermit replied to it with, "transform scratch." I pointed out that it might have confirmed himself as townie. However, I just realized (after seeing M.Torres' role) that the mafia are just going to be regular other MCs like my character -- so it's very possible darkkermit meant to post in the mafia thread and posted in the main thread instead. However based on what he said it seemed like he was posting a night action meaning he could have mistaken the main thread for his role pm. I'm really not sure - that's why I'm keeping my vote to find out.

Fair enough.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 2:12:26 PM
I am Grand Wizzard Theodore. I was blocked by a prostitute.

Oh and theLwerd how was I lurking yesterday. Day phase wasn't even up.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 2:18:38 PM
At 3/5/2011 2:12:26 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I am Grand Wizzard Theodore. I was blocked by a prostitute.

This is a lie. I was blocked by the prostitute! Unless there is a townie role blocker (which is very rare) then there is no way we could have both been role blocked. If there's a townie role blocker, or joat that can role block, come forward. If note vote to lynch kermit. because I was definitely role blocked.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 2:24:03 PM
Okay...

If there is a townie role blocker, COME FORWARD. If there is a JOAT or someone else with a role blocking role, and you targeted darkkermit last night, come forward. If not, we can assume that darkkermit is lying. Otherwise, why would Vi randomly counter? Especially after his slip-up in the pm yesterday? If we lynch darkkermit and see that he's innocent, FOS on Vi tomorrow. If he's guilty, it's pretty much confirmation that Vi is innocent. If a townie targeted darkkermit and blocked him, it's also confirmation that the mafia has a RB and targeted Vi.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 2:33:23 PM
Also, I just noticed this:

bluesteel - found embedded in the shattered remains of his skull and his windpipe and throat were clogged with a substance thought to be aerosol spray paint.

M.Torres - Seen, the pioneering aerosol artist often referred to as the godfather of graffiti...

We now know that (a) the mafia Godfather is dead, so all cop investigations here on out are gong to be legit, and (b) that the mafia (Godfather) killed bluesteel last night. This means (c) we have a vigilante (who took out Torres), which is definitely a good thing.

The cop should remain quiet UNLESS a townie they investigated is very close to being lynched, or until he/she investigates a mafioso. At that point they should come forward since we still presumably have a doctor and/or JOAT that can protect them.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 2:42:57 PM
By the way - I just realized that the mafia role blocker is going to be the "Prostitute." The prostitute is going to be a female rapper. Necrophiliator claimed Lady B, and that his role meant he "couldn't vote." Since when is giving someone a non-vote a townie role? It seems more than fairly possible that Necro is the prostitute. FOS.

Also, don't forget that Atheism refused to claim yesterday.

Also, badger was online and has not posted in the thread. FOS.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 2:45:13 PM

Huh? Yes it was... did you post in it?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 3:19:03 PM
At 3/5/2011 3:14:49 PM, Nags wrote:
Has Alex or tvellalott even posted yet?

No, and Alex hasn't been online in 2 days yet hasn't been replaced. What does this mean? Oh, I dunno... that he's probably ON A TEAM.

My biggest suspicions at the moment are Necro (who I'm almost positive is the mafia prostitute), darkkermit (unless there's a townie role blocker) and Alex for the fact that he hasn't been online for days and yet he wasn't replaced. Meanwhile, wonderwoman was replaced? The only way it wouldn't have mattered is if Alex was on a team.

Therefore, I am almost certain he is mafia.
President of DDO
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 4:24:37 PM
At 3/5/2011 2:45:13 PM, Danielle wrote:

Huh? Yes it was... did you post in it?

Yea, I posted.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Necrophiliator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 4:56:43 PM
At 3/5/2011 3:19:03 PM, Danielle wrote:
By the way - I just realized that the mafia role blocker is going to be the "Prostitute." The prostitute is going to be a female rapper. Necrophiliator claimed Lady B, and that his role meant he "couldn't vote."

Okay babe. Why rapper?
That's non-sequitur obviously, you didn't justify why the prostitute has to be a rapper, I think.
Danielle is shifting the facts to fit the circumstances, because she is paranoid of people making accounts just to annoy her.
I fück corpses.
Do you?
Necrophiliator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 4:58:47 PM
My biggest suspicions at the moment are Necro (who I'm almost positive is the mafia prostitute)

And why mafia prostitute? Why not town RB?
I fück corpses.
Do you?
Necrophiliator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 5:03:31 PM
Babes.
I don't think that Darkkermit is lying.
Why would the mafia propose to claim blocked and then go and block someone else?
Isn't that, like, setting yourself up for failure.

There is most likely a townie RB.
I think?

OK?
OK.
I fück corpses.
Do you?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2011 5:06:05 PM
At 3/5/2011 4:58:47 PM, Necrophiliator wrote:
My biggest suspicions at the moment are Necro (who I'm almost positive is the mafia prostitute)

And why mafia prostitute? Why not town RB?

Because the mafia role blocker is called the prostitute. The town role blocker is called the role blocker. The fact that you're a female MC (and the only female claim at that) indicates that you're probably the prostitute.

Also, darkkermit should role claim. At this point he was already caught posting in the wrong thread (a VERY obvious mafia slip-up), and somebody else countered his accusation of being role blocked, with absolutely zero incentive to do so.

Main suspects: darkkermit, Necrophiliator, Alex, tvellalott

Tvellalott, rogue and badger have been lurking like crazy, but at least badger posted a lot in dp1. Tvellalott has been MIA this entire time (not even posting in dp1) yet has not been replaced. Also, keep in mind my point about Alex not being online for TWO days and not being replaced. Obvious team player is obvious.Thaddeus, why did you unvote darkkermit? I say we continue pressure until we get at LEAST get a role claim.
President of DDO