Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 5:44:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mafia Victory!!! - 3/6

Initial Mafia
Askbob - /b/
darkkermit - /r9k/

Before NP1 I gave the Askbob(Godfather) a choice to randomly recruit a board. Askbob initially said /g/ but settled for /k/, the gun board. Unlucky for him /g/ was the vigilante board. He recruited /k/, Korashk, the gun holding vanilla making the mafia 3/14.

I gave /b/ the ability to infect. Between DP1 to NP3 /b/ could chose to infect a player of his choice. The recruit would join the mafia just before DP5. Askbob choose xxdarkxx, /sci/, the cop. I did this to a) balance the game and b)to stop the confirmation based gameplay that is used in most of the more recent Mafia games. I wanted to make confirmation something that shouldn't be relied with such certainty. In the respects the town dun goofed.

Balancing
Mafia with free recruiting, 4 people, unfair. To balance askbob's roles and abilities I gave the town a mason, cop, doctor and 2 shot vigilante. If used correctly you could have pwned the mafia easily. Truth be told Cody and mongoose were ultra inactive and probably cost the town the win with their early deaths.

Atheism
He got himself lynched, I said mongoose was mongeese, twice which confused a lot of people. I gave him the answer for Mongoose NP1, then for M.Torres NP2.

In NP2 I wrote:
Mongoose is:

Vannilla Townie/Goon/Cultist

Then corrected it with:

M.Torres is:

Vannilla Townie/Goon/Cultist

He should have asked before telling the town if he was concerned.

Questions and Thoughts
Why didn't you guys mass character claim. You had a few people who knew a bit about 4chan - encyclopedia dramatica(pages for most important boards) and Wikipedia which also has a list of major boards. Made sense no?

Commendations to Askbob and tvellalot. If it wasn't for askbob's attention to detail and methodical reading of the threads I doubt the mafia would have won so easily. Tvellalot was probably the best townie and one of the only ones to not bandwagon.

Sangers got a such a god role and wasted it.

Other than that y'all did good.

Night Actions
They're on my laptop, not this pc. I may get tomorrow mourning if I get the time.

Roles
1. Atheism
/x/ - Paranormal. Aliens, magik, demons and creepy pasta. Many minions of /x/ love coming together to pretend they're psychic, hosting thread devoted to discord and magik, much to the annoyance of others.

/x/ - psychic(role cop) - town
Action: Watch
Win conditions: Eliminate Mafia.

2. OreEle
/fa/ - You're /fa/, the home of fashionable metrosexuals and attention whores. As a fashion queen you have a keen eye of what's hot and what's not.

/fa/ – lie detector – Town
Action: Test "[clause here]"

3. M.Torres
/adv/ - "the advice board" during the summer its just the place underaged kids b&ed from /b/ hang out... for the rest of the year it home to sociopaths and troll posts. /adv/ is a dying board. Any roles used on you will prove ineffective and you fill appear guilty in any investigative verdict.

/adv/ - vanilla(s*) - Town
Actions: None

4. InsertNameHere/lovelife
/mu/ - Music, hipsters and teenagers; nuff said, no?

/mu/ - vanilla - town
Action: None

5. Cody/????
/soc/ - The social board. /soc/ is were anons find fellow sick bastards to chat to. Although having a 9 to 1 guy to girl ratio it is somewhat successful.

/soc/ - Mason - Town
Action: recruit [50% chance of success]

6. Askbob
/b/ - The home of the pedophiles, trolls, ronery virgins and the underaged. Welcome the /b/ the RANDOM board, were any sh*t goes(for the exception of CP, ads and Justin Bieber). Being the 9th Circle of hell you're the root of the cancer and therefore in charge of the maia. As well as just being in charge of who the mafia kill and who kills them you have the power to infect. On any Night Phase before the 3rd Night Phases you can chose a character to infect, the infected player will become mafia on the 5th Day Phase regardless of your mortality.

/b/ - Godfather - Mafia
Actions: Nightly Kill Orders. One infection before DP 3 that takes effect NP 5.
Win Conditions: Make Mafia become a 50% majority.

7. mongoose
/a/ - animu. Where anons talk about how they wish they were wapanese cartoon characters.
Your vote is voteless until DP 4.

/a/ - vanilla(s) – town
Actions: None

8. tvellalott
/g/ - /g/ is the [strikethrough]technology[/strikethrough] HAXX, board. When anonymous needs hackers and leaders to guide DDoS attacks they come to /g/. Your skill however comes with a price great power comes great infamy(?), your enemies are many so your attacks must be spaced out and done only in great numbers.

/g/ - Vigilante(two shot) - town.
Action: Kill

9. timbeech
/fit/ - The home of sexual narcissists, anorexic cam wh0res and fat people. The fitness board is generally anything but fit and actually composed of people seeking to be. You do however help the occasional few. Every night phase you can select a player to workout. That player gets a random one shot non killing action the next Night Phase.

/fit/ - custom role - town
Action: Help "[player name here]"

10.Sangers
m00t – You are the Lord, God, emperor, creator, providing, prince of anon; the ruler, guide, father, most omnibenevolent, the one and only m00t lulzae defensor(defender of the lulz). You are as loved as you are hated. In this war you take no sides and watch from above. Your only care is to keep your precious site alive.

Moot – JOAT – Third Party
Actions: Kill(one shot), Investigate(one shot), Protect(one shot), Track(one shot), Watch(one shot)
Win conditions: Survive until the end of the game.

11. darkkermit
/r9k/ - On the 17 of January M00t, the mod, closed r9k for being sh*t. Since then /r9k/s robots have wrecked havoc on the other boards. /r9k/'s armies of misogynist beta males search for a new home, and as they do so bring their ronery-ness and burning hate wherever they're malice treads.

B1tches and wh0res!

/r9k/ - Roleblocker - Mafia
Actions: Block
Win Conditions: Make Mafia become a 50% majority.

12. Korashk
/k/ - Guns, swords, guns, nukes, guns, h0t military chicks, guns, war stories; did I mention guns? You hold a gun and hence appear guilty when investigated.

/k/ - vannillia(s) - town
Action: None

13. xxdarkxx
/sci/ - the home of mathematics and science AKA the home of conceited militant atheists. Being as witty as you are you can see through facades and IGNORENCE. (affiliation)

/sci/ - cop - town
Action: Investigate

14. mongeese
/v/ - vidya games. Vidya brings anonymous together... togetherness beings love... and love brings... healing?

Yeah, I ran out of themed boards deal with it.

/v/ - doctor - town
Action: Protect
'sup DDO -- july 2013
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 5:59:14 PM
Korashk was vanilla
darkermitt was the roleblocker

Mafia Thread 1: http://www1.picturepush.com...
Mafia Thread 2: http://www3.picturepush.com...

I pwned.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 1:29:28 AM
Thanks for the recognition Zets. I was given a protection power, but decided to save it. Had NFI who the mafia were. I killed Atheism.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 11:58:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 11:48:14 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 2/6/2012 11:40:49 PM, Atheism wrote:
I hate all of you.

u just brought back an old thread

What of it?
Leave it and it will be buried again.