Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Beginner Game 2-3 Fairytale Mafia DP 4

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:50:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Active Players:
1. Logic_on_rails
2. timbeech
3.Mattrodstrom
4. M.Torres
5. bluesteel
6. tvellalott
7. m93samman
8. Grape
9. InsertNameHere

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graveyard:
1. Cosmic Alfonzo - townie puss in boots - killed by the mafia on NP 1
2. Atheism - mafia ogre - lynched by the town on DP 2
3. OreEle - mafia witch - lynched by the town on DP 3
4. Freedo - townie flavored cop/physic - killed by the mafia on NP 3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are puss in boots. If you and your master survive until Day Phase 4, you will destroy the wealthy ogre and establish your master as king. Beware, the terrifying ogre has learned of your plot and will attempt to kill you should he find out who you are.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are the wealthy ogre, beware, an intelligent cat is about to make things very bad for you. If you don't kill either the cat or his master by Night Phase 3, you will surely die. You may also choose to turn into a different animal every night.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were once a man and a woman who had long in vain wished for a child. At length the woman hoped that God was about to grant her desire.

These people had a little window at the back of their house from which a splendid garden could be seen, which was full of the most beautiful flowers and herbs. It was, however, surrounded by a high wall, and no one dared to go into it because it belonged to an enchantress, who had great power and was dreaded by all the world.

One day the woman was standing by this window and looking down into the garden, when she saw a bed which was planted with the most beautiful rampion - rapunzel, and it looked so fresh and green that she longed for it, and had the greatest desire to eat some. This desire increased every day, and as she knew that she could not get any of it, she quite pined away, and began to look pale and miserable. Then her husband was alarmed, and asked, what ails you, dear wife. Ah, she replied, if I can't eat some of the rampion, which is in the garden behind our house, I shall die.

The man, who loved her, thought, sooner than let your wife die, bring her some of the rampion yourself, let it cost what it will. At twilight, he clambered down over the wall into the garden of the enchantress, hastily clutched a handful of rampion, and took it to his wife. She at once made herself a salad of it, and ate it greedily. It tasted so good to her - so very good, that the next day she longed for it three times as much as before. If he was to have any rest, her husband must once more descend into the garden. In the gloom of evening, therefore, he let himself down again. But when he had clambered down the wall he was terribly afraid, for he saw the enchantress standing before him.

How can you dare, said she with angry look, descend into my garden and steal my rampion like a thief. You shall suffer for it. Ah, answered he, let mercy take the place of justice, I only made up my mind to do it out of necessity. My wife saw your rampion from the window, and felt such a longing for it that she would have died if she had not got some to eat. Then the enchantress allowed her anger to be softened, and said to him, if the case be as you say, I will allow you to take away with you as much rampion as you will, only I make one condition, you must give me the child which your wife will bring into the world. It shall be well treated, and I will care for it like a mother.

The man in his terror consented to everything, and when the woman was brought to bed, the enchantress appeared at once, gave the child the name of rapunzel, and took it away with her. Rapunzel grew into the most beautiful child under the sun. When she was twelve years old, the enchantress shut her into a tower, which lay in a forest, and had neither stairs nor door, but quite at the top was a little window. When the enchantress wanted to go in, she placed herself beneath it and cried, "rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair to me."

Rapunzel had magnificent long hair, fine as spun gold, and when she heard the voice of the enchantress she unfastened her braided tresses, wound them round one of the hooks of the window above, and then the hair fell twenty ells down, and the enchantress climbed up by it.

Once rapunzel said to her, tell me, dame gothel, how it happens that you are so much heavier for me to draw up than the young king's son - he is with me in a moment. Ah. You wicked child, cried the enchantress. What do I hear you say. I thought I had separated you from all the world, and yet you have deceived me.

By some weird turn of events you find yourself in the middle of the forest. You cannot find Rapunzels tower. Every night you get a guess and if you find it you can climb up into her tower and kill her. You cannot get in if you cannot climb up her hair. Once you have killed her you can wait in her tower and kill her prince when he attempts to climb up. A two for one special! Also know that if the prince does not reach repunzel, they will both die of heartbreak by Night Phase 4.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Grandmother, what big arms you have!"

"All the better to hug you with, my dear."

"Grandmother, what big legs you have!"

"All the better to run with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big ears you have!"

"All the better to hear with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big eyes you have!"

"All the better to see with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"

"All the better to eat you up with."

As you can see you clearly have a knack for noticing the obvious about fairytale characters. On odd numbered night Phases (NP1, NP3, NP5) you can investigate characters and will be told "Grandmother, what big ____ you have" You will have to discern based upon this whether they are guilty or innocent and possibly even what character they are depending on how well you ascertain their character. The results will be purposely vague but not too vague. You are aligned with the townies
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Story of Grandmother

When she laid herself down in the bed, the little girl said:
"Oh granny, how hairy you are!"
"The better to keep myself warm, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big nails you have!"
"The better to scratch me with, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big shoulders you have!"
"The better to carry the firewood, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big ears you have!"
"The better to hear you with, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big nostrils you have!"
"The better to snuff my tobacco with, my child!"
"Oh granny, what a big mouth you have!"
"The better to eat you with, my child!"
And with these words the werewolf proceeded to rape and kill the child.
The end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile in a dark tower a princess looked out of a window and heard voices but ignored the calls.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fairy did not discover what was happening until one day Rapunzel said to her, "Frau Gothel, tell me why it is that my clothes are all too tight. They no longer fit me."

"You godless child," said the fairy. "What am I hearing from you?" She immediately saw how she had been deceived and was terribly angry.

She took Rapunzel's beautiful hair, wrapped it a few times around her left hand, grasped a pair of scissors with her right hand, and snip snip, cut it off.

Then she sent Rapunzel into a wilderness where sh
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:52:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The prince was startled to find the old with instead of his beloved Rapunzel.

"Do you know what, evil one?" cried the angry fairy. "You have lost Rapunzel forever."

The prince, in his despair, threw himself and the witch from the tower.

The witch being a frail old woman died immediately.

The Prince escaped with his life, but he lost his eyesight in the fall.

Sorrowfully he wandered about in the forest weeping and, eating nothing but grass and roots.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:53:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
witch* not with
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:59:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Meanwhile in a dark tower a princess looked out of a window and heard voices but ignored the calls."

dude, logic, you didn't let your hair down, wtf dude...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:17:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unless I'm mistaken about what that line means, you could have just cost us the win, logic. That was obviously the best time to do it b/c mafia had to decide between trying to kill one of you, with doc on you, so 50% chance of fail, vs. killing freedo, who would have confirmed a pig as town or found the last mafia... We could have had two bulletproofs and one mafia left - autowin for town...

anyway, 9 players left, likely only 1 mafia. Here's how it would go down, if we lynched koopin (formerly rogue) as planned.

Koopin dies, if wrong, 8 players left
NP 4 - logic and Torres try to find each other, last chance before they both die
doc protects one of them
mafia HAS to try to kill one of them, or mafia loses
50% shot of town win

assuming worst case, mafia kills the correct one, we lose two townies that NP (actually, worse case is logic leaves his hair down, mafia targets someone us, but that's illogical on both sides)

DP 5 - 6 players left, one mafia
lynch INH
if wrong, 5 players left
NP 5 - worst case, someone dies, unless TV protects the right person

DP 6 - 4 players left, one mafia
lynch timbeech, let's say. If wrong, 3 players left
NP 6 - again, worst case, someone dies again.

DP7 - mafia win

So we can essentially, in the VERY WORST CASE SCENARIOS, lynch 3 out of 4 pigs. Without an investigation, we should choose wisely. Honestly, INH might be a better choice. I'm surprised mafia would target freedo over the potential bulletproofs. I told freedo to investigate INH b/c we were going to kill rogue anyway. Maybe INH got scared. I don't really know, but we DEFINITELY get two lynches, I think we should lynch one of koopin or INH. For some reason, I doubt timbeech would be SO dumb as to pull all his "I'm mafia" antics if he were really mafia, although who knows. He's pretty dumb. I also doubt OreEle would have fingered grape as having used his fake role on and confirming as innocent because assuming we bought OreEle's role, although unlikely, if Grape got lynched and was the Big Bad Wolf, that would have unconfirmed OreEle's role. So top two, INH and koopin.

I'm not sure why Freedo got targeted. Unfortunately, there's two possible explanations. I told him to investigate INH - she could have gotten scared. But koopin just replaced rogue, who if she was mafia, conveniently voted against OreEle after we started pressuring her. Maybe OreEle urged her to VTL him to look less suspicious. I dunno why she finally jumped in. If koopin was mafia, he prob killed Freedo b/c he didn't really know what was going on in the game, so he just killed the cop, the most obvious role, without thinking through what would happen if town got two bulletproofs.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:18:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
correction: "actually worse case logic leaves his hair UP AGAIN" and mafia targets someone else, both illogical
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:22:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL INH

I told freedo to go on her last DP. It was illogical not to target the potential bulletproofs, UNLESS Freedo's investigation ALSO would have meant an auto-loss to mafia. She was also the last to post in the pig PM (if I remember what tim said correctly), which makes sense since mafia would be afraid of saying the wrong thing.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:32:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Otherwise, killing freedo makes zero sense, if he was investigating the wrong person, because his power only works every other NP, so mafia would definitely have wanted to wait on him. They could have killed him NP4 or NP5 to prevent his next investigation from coming out, after INH.

Also remember, if we get two bulletproofs, with only one mafia left, those two bulletproofs can always survive until the end to VTL the last mafia. We obviously wouldn't VTL either of them, since the roles are confirmed by other people (mine confirms M.Torres, which confirms logic_on_rails), so mafia would be screwed. It's such an obvious win, I thought askbob would have ended the game if we'd achieved two bulletproofs, which we likely didn't.

stupid logic.... You know when it said GUILTY on OreEle last DP, that meant he was the witch, right????
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:34:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 11:22:00 AM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL INH

I told freedo to go on her last DP. It was illogical not to target the potential bulletproofs, UNLESS Freedo's investigation ALSO would have meant an auto-loss to mafia. She was also the last to post in the pig PM (if I remember what tim said correctly), which makes sense since mafia would be afraid of saying the wrong thing.

Also, remember Freedo specifically asked ME who to investigate, so the mafia would have reason to think that Freedo trusted me and would actually do what I said.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:41:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anyways, without an investigative power, we basically have to guess now.

So here is the plan of action:
DP4 - VTL INH, best possible guess
NP4 - logic_on_rails => LET YOUR HAIR DOWN
M.Torres => target logic_on_rails
tvellalot => choose arbitrarily (or flip a coin) between protecting M.Torres and logic_on_rails

if logic_on_rails and M.Torres are successful, game over. If not:
DP5 - VTL koopin

SO EVERYONE VTL INSERTNAMEHERE AND THEN GET THE CORRECT NIGHT ACTIONS IN THIS TIME.

Let's get this game going. No more discussion will be useful in finding the correct pig, imo.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 12:10:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, just remembered, matt went to a TON of trouble to defend m93samman in the beginning, which would have been dumb if he was mafia. He should have, at most, weakly defended him and let us potentially lynch samman, saving the ogre from the puss in boots auto-kill power and freeing up their NK for someone else. Another reason to VTL INH over koopin (replacing matt).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 12:58:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 12:10:17 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Also, just remembered, matt went to a TON of trouble to defend m93samman in the beginning, which would have been dumb if he was mafia. He should have, at most, weakly defended him and let us potentially lynch samman, saving the ogre from the puss in boots auto-kill power and freeing up their NK for someone else. Another reason to VTL INH over koopin (replacing matt).

I don't know what I have to do with this, I've been really inactive since Cosmic was out

But because bluesteel seems to have the game under his belt, VTL InsertNameHere
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 1:32:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
bluesteel, you're Snow White, right?
Are you the beloved princess?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 1:47:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tron:

InsertNameHere - (2/5) - Bluesteel - m93samman
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:07:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 1:32:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:

bluesteel, you're Snow White, right?
Are you the beloved princess?

1) Don't forget your speech filter.
2) Yes, thanks for outing my role... Guess I won't get NK now, though ;)
3) This is kind of old news: my role confirms you and M.Torres; M.Torres confirms me and logic_on_rails

4) VTL insert so we can get this game over with
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:09:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 11:18:46 AM, bluesteel wrote:
correction: "actually worse case logic leaves his hair UP AGAIN" and mafia targets someone else, both illogical

Naturally I'm letting my hair down tonight. I was sure that the Mafia would target one of us, but I was rushed at the time I had to say my night action, and decided to keep it up. The main reason I kept it up was to make sure OreEle was definitely the witch. Clearly I'll let it down tonight, Torres will climb and it's 50-50. Still I did stuff up I guess. At least you've got more support for a lynch though that are confirmed town.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:09:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I had to clarify something.

VOTE InsertNameHere
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:12:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL InsertNameHere

Let's just hope I can atone for my mistake. We've still got this in the bag here. INH is definitely suspicious - good work Bluesteel.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:48:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
InsertNameHere has been lynched

Result: Guilty

Endgame to come soon
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:53:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 2:23:30 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Fine, you got me. VTL InsertNameHere.

LMAO
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:54:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 2:23:30 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Fine, you got me. VTL InsertNameHere.

lol, it is okay. You still got to rape little red riding hood... an apparently an uncouncious princess (technically she never said "no" so it isn't rape).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"