Jump to topic:

Beginner Game 2-3 Fairytale Mafia Endgame

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:57:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Logic_on_rails - Repunzel - Then he heard a song, which was so charming that he stood still and listened. This was rapunzel, who in her solitude passed her time in letting her sweet voice resound. The king's son wanted to climb up to her, and looked for the door of the tower, but none was to be found. He rode home, but the singing had so deeply touched his heart, that every day he went out into the forest and listened to it.

Once when he was thus standing behind a tree, he saw that an enchantress came there, and he heard how she cried, rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair. Then rapunzel let down the braids of her hair, and the enchantress climbed up to her. If that is the ladder by which one mounts, I too will try my fortune, said he, and the next day when it began to grow dark, he went to the tower and cried, rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair. Immediately the hair fell down and the king's son climbed up.

At first rapunzel was terribly frightened when a man, such as her eyes had never yet beheld, came to her. But the king's son began to talk to her quite like a friend, and told her that his heart had been so stirred that it had let him have no rest, and he had been forced to see her. Then rapunzel lost her fear, and when he asked her if she would take him for her husband, and she saw that he was young and handsome, she thought, he will love me more than old dame gothel does. And she said yes, and laid her hand in his. She said, I will willingly go away with you, but I do not know how to get down.

Bring with you a skein of silk every time that you come, and I will weave a ladder with it, and when that is ready I will descend, and you will take me on your horse....

You are Repunzel. The ladder of silk is ready but first you must let down your hair for the prince to climb up and secure the ladder to the tower. Your prince has lost his way and is searching for your tower. You cannot see the prince because it is dark and the witch can easily mimic his voice. Be careful

Every night you can choose to let down your hair. If you choose to keep your hair up, you remain bulletproof. If the prince climbs up you both will become bulletproof. Beware! If the witch finds you and climbs up your hair she will kill you and will kill your prince upon his attempt to climb up your hair. If you are not rescued by your prince by NP4 you will both die of heartbreak. If you die he will die of sheer heartbreak. If he dies you will die of heartbreak.

You are aligned with the townies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. timbeech - You are one of the three pigs and are aligned with the townies
3.Mattrodstrom - You are one of the three pigs and are aligned with the townies
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. M.Torres - Prince - After a year or two, it came to pass that the king's son rode through the forest and passed by the tower.

Then he heard a song, which was so charming that he stood still and listened. This was rapunzel, who in her solitude passed her time in letting her sweet voice resound. The king's son wanted to climb up to her, and looked for the door of the tower, but none was to be found. He rode home, but the singing had so deeply touched his heart, that every day he went out into the forest and listened to it.

Once when he was thus standing behind a tree, he saw that an enchantress came there, and he heard how she cried, rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair. Then rapunzel let down the braids of her hair, and the enchantress climbed up to her. If that is the ladder by which one mounts, I too will try my fortune, said he, and the next day when it began to grow dark, he went to the tower and cried, rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair. Immediately the hair fell down and the king's son climbed up.

At first rapunzel was terribly frightened when a man, such as her eyes had never yet beheld, came to her. But the king's son began to talk to her quite like a friend, and told her that his heart had been so stirred that it had let him have no rest, and he had been forced to see her. Then rapunzel lost her fear, and when he asked her if she would take him for her husband, and she saw that he was young and handsome, she thought, he will love me more than old dame gothel does. And she said yes, and laid her hand in his. She said, I will willingly go away with you, but I do not know how to get down.

Bring with you a skein of silk every time that you come, and I will weave a ladder with it, and when that is ready I will descend, and you will take me on your horse....

The dwarfs, when they came home in the evening, found snow-white lying upon the ground, she breathed no longer and was dead. They lifted her up, looked to see whether they could find anything poisonous, unlaced her, combed her hair, washed her with water and wine, but it was all of no use, the poor child was dead, and remained dead. They laid her upon a bier, and all seven of them sat round it and wept for her, and wept three days long.

And now the king's son had it carried away by his servants on their shoulders. And it happened that they stumbled over a tree-stump, and with the shock the poisonous piece of apple which snow-white had bitten off came out of her throat. And before long she opened her eyes, lifted up the lid of the coffin, sat up, and was once more alive. Oh, heavens, where am I, she cried. The king's son, full of joy, said, you are with me. And told her what had happened, and said, I love you more than everything in the world, come with me to my father's palace, you shall be my wife.

You are the prince. The ladder of silk is ready but first you must find your repunsel and climb up her hair to help her secure the ladder to the tower. Beware! If the witch is at the top of the tower you will surely die. If you reach the top of the tower you will become bulletproof and live happily ever after. If you do not rescue by NP4 you both will die of heartbreak. If you die she will die of sheer heartbreak. If she dies you will die of heartbreak. You get to guess who repunzel is every night phase.

Furthermore you have the ability to revive snow white 3 days after she dies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. FREEDO - Red Riding Hood -
"Grandmother, what big arms you have!"

"All the better to hug you with, my dear."

"Grandmother, what big legs you have!"

"All the better to run with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big ears you have!"

"All the better to hear with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big eyes you have!"

"All the better to see with, my child."

"Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"

"All the better to eat you up with."

As you can see you clearly have a knack for noticing the obvious about fairytale characters. On odd numbered night Phases (NP1, NP3, NP5) you can investigate characters and will be told "Grandmother, what big ____ you have" You will have to discern based upon this whether they are guilty or innocent and possibly even what character they are depending on how well you ascertain their character. The results will be purposely vague but not too vague.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:57:48 PM
6. OreEle - Witch - There were once a man and a woman who had long in vain wished for a child. At length the woman hoped that God was about to grant her desire. These people had a little window at the back of their house from which a splendid garden could be seen, which was full of the most beautiful flowers and herbs. It was, however, surrounded by a high wall, and no one dared to go into it because it belonged to an enchantress, who had great power and was dreaded by all the world.

One day the woman was standing by this window and looking down into the garden, when she saw a bed which was planted with the most beautiful rampion - rapunzel, and it looked so fresh and green that she longed for it, and had the greatest desire to eat some. This desire increased every day, and as she knew that she could not get any of it, she quite pined away, and began to look pale and miserable. Then her husband was alarmed, and asked, what ails you, dear wife. Ah, she replied, if I can't eat some of the rampion, which is in the garden behind our house, I shall die.

The man, who loved her, thought, sooner than let your wife die, bring her some of the rampion yourself, let it cost what it will. At twilight, he clambered down over the wall into the garden of the enchantress, hastily clutched a handful of rampion, and took it to his wife. She at once made herself a salad of it, and ate it greedily. It tasted so good to her - so very good, that the next day she longed for it three times as much as before. If he was to have any rest, her husband must once more descend into the garden. In the gloom of evening, therefore, he let himself down again. But when he had clambered down the wall he was terribly afraid, for he saw the enchantress standing before him.

How can you dare, said she with angry look, descend into my garden and steal my rampion like a thief. You shall suffer for it. Ah, answered he, let mercy take the place of justice, I only made up my mind to do it out of necessity. My wife saw your rampion from the window, and felt such a longing for it that she would have died if she had not got some to eat. Then the enchantress allowed her anger to be softened, and said to him, if the case be as you say, I will allow you to take away with you as much rampion as you will, only I make one condition, you must give me the child which your wife will bring into the world. It shall be well treated, and I will care for it like a mother.

The man in his terror consented to everything, and when the woman was brought to bed, the enchantress appeared at once, gave the child the name of rapunzel, and took it away with her. Rapunzel grew into the most beautiful child under the sun. When she was twelve years old, the enchantress shut her into a tower, which lay in a forest, and had neither stairs nor door, but quite at the top was a little window. When the enchantress wanted to go in, she placed herself beneath it and cried, rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair to me.

Rapunzel had magnificent long hair, fine as spun gold, and when she heard the voice of the enchantress she unfastened her braided tresses, wound them round one of the hooks of the window above, and then the hair fell twenty ells down, and the enchantress climbed up by it.

Once rapunzel said to her, tell me, dame gothel, how it happens that you are so much heavier for me to draw up than the young king's son - he is with me in a moment. Ah.

You wicked child, cried the enchantress. What do I hear you say. I thought I had separated you from all the world, and yet you have deceived me.

By some weird turn of events you find yourself in the middle of the forest. You cannot find Rapunzels tower. Every night you get a guess and if you find it you can climb up into her tower and kill her. You cannot get in if you cannot climb up her hair. Once you have killed her you can wait in her tower and kill her prince when he attempts to climb up. A two for one special! Also know that if the prince does not reach repunzel, they will both die of heartbreak by Night Phase 4, they will both die of heartbreak.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. bluesteel - Snow White - When the apple was ready she painted her face, and dressed herself up as a farmer's wife, and so she went over the seven mountains to the seven dwarfs. She knocked at the door. Snow-white put her head out of the window and said, I cannot let anyone in, the seven dwarfs have forbidden me. It is all the same to me, answered the woman, I shall soon get rid of my apples. There, I will give you one.

No, said snow-white, I dare not take anything. Are you afraid of poison, said the old woman, look, I will cut the apple in two pieces, you eat the red cheek, and I will eat the white. The apple was so cunningly made that only the red cheek was poisoned. Snow-white longed for the fine apple, and when she saw that the woman ate part of it she could resist no longer, and stretched out her hand and took the poisonous half. But hardly had she a bit of it in her mouth than she fell down dead. Then the queen looked at her with a dreadful look, and laughed aloud and said, white as snow, red as blood, black as ebony-wood, this time the dwarfs cannot wake you up again.

And when she asked of the looking-glass at home, looking-glass, looking-glass, on the wall, who in this land is the fairest of all.

And it answered at last, oh, queen, in this land thou art fairest of all. Then her envious heart had rest, so far as an envious heart can have rest.

The dwarfs, when they came home in the evening, found snow-white lying upon the ground, she breathed no longer and was dead. They lifted her up, looked to see whether they could find anything poisonous, unlaced her, combed her hair, washed her with water and wine, but it was all of no use, the poor child was dead, and remained dead. They laid her upon a bier, and all seven of them sat round it and wept for her, and wept three days long.

And now the king's son had it carried away by his servants on their shoulders. And it happened that they stumbled over a tree-stump, and with the shock the poisonous piece of apple which snow-white had bitten off came out of her throat. And before long she opened her eyes, lifted up the lid of the coffin, sat up, and was once more alive. Oh, heavens, where am I, she cried. The king's son, full of joy, said, you are with me. And told her what had happened, and said, I love you more than everything in the world, come with me to my father's palace, you shall be my wife.

You are the beloved Princess, if you are killed one of the seven dwarves will be unable to use his role until you are revived as he will be crying. You may be revived three day phases after you are killed, by the prince. You will remain dead if the prince is dead.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. tvellalott - You are doc, the seventh dwarf. As per your name, you are a doctor and will be representing the seven dwarves in this game. You need to keep an eye on sleeping beauty. If she is killed by the witch you will be unable to use your role power until three days of morning has gone by. You must also use the Elmer Fudd Dialectizer for everything you say in the forums. http://www.rinkworks.com...

9. Atheism - You are the wealthy ogre, beware, an intelligent cat is about to make things very bad for you. If you don't kill either the cat or his master by Night Phase 3, you will surely die. You may also choose to turn into a different animal every night.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:58:10 PM
10. m93samman - You are the poor miller and have nothing except for a cat. As a miller you will show up guilty to investigation. Beware! A terrifying ogre has learned of your pets plot to dethrone him and will doubtlessly try to kill you if you give him a chance.

11. CosmicAlfonzo -

There was once a miller who had three sons, and when he died his estate was divided among them. The older sons fared very well, but the youngest received nothing but the cat, and he often complained bitterly of his lot.

"My brothers may get their living easily enough," he said, "but as for me, I may soon die of hunger and want."

The cat, who had heard this, came out of the cupboard where he had been listening."

"Do not worry, my good master," he said. "You have only to give me a bag and have a pair of boots made for me, and you shall see that your portion is not so bad as you imagine it to be."

The cat's master obtained both bag and boots, and watched the cat pull on the boots and throw the bag over his shoulder. Then Puss in Boots sallied forth.

You are puss in boots. If you survive until Day Phase 4, you will destroy the wealthy ogre and establish your master as king. Beware, the terrifying ogre has learned of your plot and will attempt to kill you should he find out who you are.

12. Grape - You are one of the three pigs and are aligned with the townies
13. InsertNameHere - You are the wolf. You are a whore and also a deceiver. You will be put in a mason pm. Let's see if the masons can discover the wolf in sheeps clothes! The masons will be given the following phrase in their pm's "You are one of the three pigs and are aligned with the townies" You may role block a character each night but beware, your roleblock will not work on repunsel or her prince that is the witches job. Whores can't stop true love.

The Story of Grandmother
There was a woman who had made some bread. She said
to her daughter:
"Go carry this hot loaf and bottle of milk to your granny."
So the little girl departed. At the crossway she met bzou,
the werewolf, who said to her:
"Where are you going?"
"I'm taking this hot loaf and bottle of milk to my granny."
"What path are you taking." said the werewolf, "the path
of needles or the path of pins?"
"The path of needles," the little girl said.
"All right, then I'll take the path of pins."
The little girl entertained herself by gathering needles.
Meanwhile the werewolf arrived at the grandmother's house,
killed her, and put some of her meat in the cupboard and a bottle of her blood on the shelf. The little girl arrived and knocked at the door.
"Push the door," said the werewolf, "It's barred by a piece of wet straw."
"Good day, granny. I've brought you a hot loaf of bread and a bottle of milk."
"Put it in the cupboard, my child. Take some of the meat
which is inside and the bottle of wine on the shelf."
After she had eaten, there was a little cat which said:
"Phooey!... A slut is she who eats the flesh and drinks the
blood of her granny."
"Undress yourself, my child," the werewolf said, "And come
lie down beside me."
"Where should I put my apron?"
"Throw it into the fire, my child, you won't be needing it
any more."
And each time she asked where she should put all her other
Clothes, the bodice, the dress, the petticoat, the long stockings,
the wolf responded:
"Throw them into the fire, my child, you won't be needing
them anymore."
When she laid herself down in the bed, the little girl said:
"Oh granny, how hairy you are!"
"The better to keep myself warm, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big nails you have!"
"The better to scratch me with, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big shoulders you have!"
"The better to carry the firewood, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big ears you have!"
"The better to hear you with, my child!"
"Oh granny, what big nostrils you have!"
"The better to snuff my tobacco with, my child!"
"Oh granny, what a big mouth you have!"
"The better to eat you with, my child!"
"Oh granny, I have to go badly. Let me go outside."
"Do it in the bed, my child!"
"Oh no, granny, I want to go outside."
"All right, but make it quick."
The werewolf attached a woolen rope to her foot and let her
go outside.
When the little girl was outside, she tied the end of the rope
to a plum tree in the courtyard. The werewolf became impatient and said: "Are you making a load out there? Are you making a load?"
When he realized that nobody was answering him, he jumped out of bed and saw that the little girl had escaped. He followed her but arrived at her house just at the moment she entered (348).
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 3:04:55 PM
cooking dinner

After Dinner:

Ranking of players
role pms visable
mason pms visable
mafia pms visable
critique on the game design
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 4:26:34 PM
Can you also let us know what the point of the Ogre being able to change into different animals was for?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 5:39:49 PM
At 3/8/2011 4:16:34 PM, timbeech wrote:
The Pig PM will be a good read for everyone.

Even after all my mafia-like behavior, INH was the first pig to go, ROFL.

Hey, at least I was the last surviving mafia. :P
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 5:45:56 PM
At 3/8/2011 4:26:34 PM, OreEle wrote:
Can you also let us know what the point of the Ogre being able to change into different animals was for?

read the fairy tale

also Freedo's role
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 7:45:38 PM
R O L E -- -- P R I V A T E -- -- M E S S A G E S

Mafia Thread 1 - http://www4.picturepush.com...
Mafia Thread 2 - http://www5.picturepush.com...
Mafia Thread 3 - http://www1.picturepush.com...

Mason Thread 1 - http://www2.picturepush.com...
Mason Thread 2 - http://www3.picturepush.com...
Mason Thread 3 - http://www4.picturepush.com...

Bluesteel - http://www5.picturepush.com...
Cosmic - http://www1.picturepush.com...
Freedo - http://www2.picturepush.com...
Logic_on_rails - http://www3.picturepush.com...
M.Torres - http://www4.picturepush.com...
m93samman - http://www1.picturepush.com...
tvellalott - http://www2.picturepush.com...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:19:55 PM
N I G H T -- -- A C T I O N -- -- L I S T

DP 1 - no lynch
NP 1
Atheism transforms into dragon (affected Freedo's investigation)
Mafia kills cosmicalfonzo (pussinboots flavored vanilla with survivor killing ability)
InsertNameHere blocks bluesteel (beloved princess, snow white)
Freedo investigates bluesteel - returns "what fairest complexion you have" and successfully connects dots successfully with Snow White
Logic keeps hair up and becomes bulletproof
tvellalott protects himself
OreEle visits M.Torres (Prince - Townie)
M.Torres visits OreEle (witch-mafia)
DP 2 - Atheism (mafia ogre) lynched
NP 2 -
OreEle visits bluesteel (beloved princess snow white)
Logic_on_rails keeps hair up and becomes bulletproof
M.Torres(prince) visits Logic_on_rails but hair is up
Mafia kill Logic_on_rails but are blocked due to LOR being bulletproof (decided to keep hair up)
tvellalott protects himself
Freedo has no action
DP 3 - OreEle (mafia witch) is lynched
NP 3 -
M.Torres visits logic_on_rails but her hair is up
Logic_on_rails keeps hair up
tvellalott protects bluesteel but is blocked by InsertNameHere
Mafia kills Freedo
Freedo investigates timbeech but is killed
InsertNameHere blocks tvellalott
DP 4 - InsertNameHere (bigbadwolf) is lynched
Townie victory
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 8:54:21 PM
correction: NP 2 Insert blocked Freedo
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:03:15 PM
At 3/8/2011 7:45:38 PM, askbob wrote:
R O L E -- -- P R I V A T E -- -- M E S S A G E S

Mafia Thread 1 - http://www4.picturepush.com...
lol - OreEle: "wow, bluesteel is going to learn the hard way not to adopt Danielle's playing style this game"
"I'd like to leave bluesteel alive, since he seems really off this game. He is usually very good but something has gotten to him and he is being overly aggressive and cocky and making bad mistakes" - lol, my aggressive playing style saved me from a NK and got INH to block me NP1 (a role with no night action), maybe I'll adopt Danielle's playing style more often
Mafia Thread 2 - http://www5.picturepush.com...
aw, I kind of expected you guys to freak out about Atheism's claim.
Mafia Thread 3 - http://www1.picturepush.com...

Mason Thread 1 - http://www2.picturepush.com...
Mason Thread 2 - http://www3.picturepush.com...
Mason Thread 3 - http://www4.picturepush.com...

Bluesteel - http://www5.picturepush.com...
Cosmic - http://www1.picturepush.com...
Freedo - http://www2.picturepush.com...
Logic_on_rails - http://www3.picturepush.com...
M.Torres - http://www4.picturepush.com...
m93samman - http://www1.picturepush.com...
tvellalott - http://www2.picturepush.com...
"remind me to punish you when I'm modding a game your'e in" - for the dialectizer - lol

This is an awesome feature askbob.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:07:21 PM
At 2/28/2011 6:49:28 PM, bluesteel wrote:
timbeech, TV, atheism, cosmic, and insert

do your roles imply the existence of other characters?

I'm assuming at least some of the VTNL's are a desperate effort for the mafia to not have to reveal any more information.

unvote - VTL insertnamehere for info

At 2/28/2011 7:27:31 PM, askbob wrote:
Lynch-O-Tron:

m93samman - (3/7) - timbeech, tvellalot

bluesteel - (1/7) - mattrodstrom

No Lynch - (7/7) - InsertNameHere, CosmicAlfonzo, Grape, m93samman, Atheism, OreEle, Freedo

Freedo - (1/7) - bluesteel

No Lynch Night Actions in Now

how awesome was this prediction btw. And the generic "my role predicts other characters" claims.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:19:57 PM
lol, the raping of Little Red by the wolf makes a bit more sense now.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:27:48 PM
P L A Y E R -- -- R A N K I N G S

1. bluesteel - His first day phase was majorly off and at first I was disapointed as his suspicions were completely off and he was pushing pretty heavily for the townies to reveal which would have sucked. However he came through by being active, obviously townie, and taking control of the town. He single-handedly determined the lynching of the mafia by pushing for it and making well reasonsed posts why the mafia had to be mafia. The biggest catch was OreEle and after he pushed for it the townies responded and destroyed the evil which. He kept his role on the down-low which was pretty helpful to the town. If he was killed, it would have been simple for the mafia to destroy repunzel and the prince. Another great performance from bluesteel who is in my mind a pretty formidable player.

2. timbeech - So how is it that someone who says they are mafia, had a vanilla role, and made a bunch of crazy-asss posts 2nd place? Simple. Timbeech outed the pigs and took a major risk that paid off. Grape and Insert weren't going to do it and rogue/matt/koopin were inactive/in the process of being replaced. This put the townies ahead. Not only did he do this but his suicidal techniques of claiming mafia and then claiming town somehow convinced bluesteel of his townieness? He was majorly suspicious of Insert right off the bat and picked her out as mafia before she even posted in the mason pm. He held this suspicion the whole game and was a strong advocate of lynching her. An excellent job as he was one of the first to really push the suspicion of Insert in the forums. He has come a long way and unwittingly built a Cosmic-like player style which makes it difficult to lynch him. He's come a long way in terms of suspecting mafia from the first game he was in.

3. logiconrails - Laid low at first which was good for the role, kept the hair up which turned out to be a good choice as it blocked a mafia kill later on which was huge. Had the hair been down, logic and M.Torres would have died which would have been a large blow to the townies. From there victory would have been in sight. Overall a pretty dang good job. Saw the reason in bluesteels posts and made good deductions.

4. mattrodstrom - even though you didn't play much and had to be replaced you deduced that having four pigs was ridiculous and tied it together with the fairytale. Even connected the dots with the wolf in sheeps clothing.

5. M.Torres - Some dang good deductions in pulling out the fact that OreEle was related to the story regarding his initial statements. Unfortunately you were really obvious about your role so that OreEle (mafia) knew you were one of the people he had to kill. Why they chose to kill logic instead of you who knows? OreEle had the crosshairs set on you which would have killed you and Repunzel. Not a bad job of getting others to role reveal towards the end which narrowed down the possible mafia players. Due to the nature of this game you really could have made it easier for a mafia victory if they had high amounts of activity and good claims. Unfortunately they didn't. This really could have sucked because only two of them needed to claim as Insert had the pig claim guaranteed. It only really helped to eliminate OreEle who had the starts of a great claim anyway. Was really risky and you are lucky it worked.

6. Freedo - Good deduction with first investigation of bluesteel, not a bad choice of investigation either for how aggressive he was initially playing. explained claim decently but was pretty inactive and didn't call out many players.

7. Grape - pretty inactive in general only had a few posts both in the forum and the pm, didn't have any brilliant deductions to help the town. Next time post more and have more insight/guesses. Only real guess was timbeech which wasn't a bad first guess without knowing timbeech more. Unfortunately he was wrong and even if he was right he didn't push for it hard enough or have enough reasons for why timbeech was mafia.

8. tvellalott - protected himself when he had low activity and didn't claim, should have attempted protecting others who he saw as more valuable. After wasting his action twice he made a decent protect with bluesteel although to no affect. He should have been protecting either M.Torres of Logiconrails on the last night phase but for some reason he chose bluesteel. Was largely inactive in the beginning but did a decent job of playing the game. Ranked lower due to role actions

9. OreEle - Had he stayed alive or killed the prince and witch he would have been higher. He had a decent claim as axeman but didn't develop it enough or defend it. This wasn't really his fault due to being inactive on the weekends but it hurt him alot. He was the true leader of the mafia and had a alot of decent advice for his teammates. For some reason he claimed third party and had he claimed town plus added more to his roleclaim he could have survived an extra day phase, possibly fulfilled his role and put the mafia in a winnable position after atheism. Overall not the best performance but he had a bunch of good points. He just was too inactive and the role claim was weak.

10. InsertNameHere - little activity in the mason pm initially which caused the FOS, lurked, for some reason was thinking of claiming a role other than pig in the public pm, luckily OreEle disuaded her from this course of action. In terms of role blocking, none of her actions had a significant affect on the game. Did nothing to sway the masons in the pm or vindicate any other masons. In the game thread she just didn't have crediblility. She voted correctly and on her teammates to throw off the townies however she never posted enough to establish large credibility. Her inactivity and other actions appeared suspicious and she didn't even attempt to defend herself the last day phase despite having a decent chance to win the game. Grape or timbeech were much easier targets. Timbeech for announcing he was mafia, grape for being pretty inactive and accusing tim. Also she voted for herself and announced she was mafia instead of defending.

11. m93samman - announced his role when all he had to do was lay low. The role pm essentially told him not to release his role. Despite this important advice he released his role. This could have been even worse if atheism didn't claim third party then announce he was mafia and lynch himself.

12. Atheism - for some reason claimed a third party role, announced he was mafia and voted for himself

Unranked due to little activity

Cosmic_Alfonzo - for some reason announced his role in response to m93samman's role though the mafia didn't pick up on this (upon rereading) still really stupid regardless as there was no reason to do this.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:35:24 PM
Mod perspective and regrets

I felt as though the mafia was a little underpowered in this one and for that I'm sorry. I I had to do it again I would maybe give them an extra mafia player or give atheism and OreEle claims because it was pretty rough for them with the linked roles as tightly integrated as they were. Ahh who knows. It was a really intricate game and one of the best designed that I have ever done. The roles aligned perfectly with the fairy tale characters.

I don't just pick the roles and then find characters.

I pick the theme
find popular characters
then build roles based upon those characters.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:44:38 PM
Graduates of Third Round:

Timbeech - 1st Round Game 2, 2nd Round Game 1, 2nd Round Game 3
logic_on_rails - 2nd Round Game 1, 2nd Round Game 2, 2nd Round Game 3

Past Graduates of the first set of noob games

http://www.debate.org...

xxdarkxx
Kahvan
Marauder
Freedo
Koopin
oceanix
Belle
OreEle
comoncents
Korashk
Hurstman

Past Graduates on the second round of noob games

Graduates of the Beginner Mafia Round 2:

M.Torres - 1st, 2nd and Third

bluesteel - 1st, 2nd and Third

nonentity - 2nd and 3rd

Superboy777 - 2nd and 3rd

rogue - 2nd and 3rd

annhasle - 1st and 3rd

Charr - 1st and 2nd
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:55:44 PM
At 3/8/2011 9:35:24 PM, askbob wrote:
Mod perspective and regrets

I felt as though the mafia was a little underpowered in this one and for that I'm sorry. I I had to do it again I would maybe give them an extra mafia player or give atheism and OreEle claims because it was pretty rough for them with the linked roles as tightly integrated as they were. Ahh who knows. It was a really intricate game and one of the best designed that I have ever done. The roles aligned perfectly with the fairy tale characters.

I don't just pick the roles and then find characters.

I pick the theme
find popular characters
then build roles based upon those characters.

Yeah, it looks like it would have been pretty hard to fake claim this game, especially since the townies seemed to agree that the tales had to be Brother's Grimm (even if that wasn't your specific intent, askbob). I guess someone could have claimed Tom Thumb, but OreEle claimed to be linked (yay for that idea). If Atheism wasn't already dead, he could have claimed Hansel and Atheism - Grethel (and had some power involving finding the witch or something bad happening if a witch found them). Or if Atheism had claimed third party SURVIVOR, Rumpelstiltskin I might have advocated not lynching him yet that DP, or worried more that he could be jester.

I figured mafia would all try to claim dwarves, since I thought there were at least two real dwarves. But after TV claimed, OreEle couldn't have claimed that successfully since I was going to make him say how he was linked to me, since TV had said vaguely that he knew what would happen if I died ("something bad"), so I knew that the dwarves would have to know this info and OreEle seemed most likely mafia - worth potentially outing my role for, if it confirmed Freedo mafia.

This was a tough one for mafia. If we'd waited to claim until much later and they'd gotten a few mislynches or more NK's, it could have been impossible to pick out the wolf from the pigs though. But yeah, all the roles confirmed each other, except freedo's, so character claiming in this game became really advantageous. Thanks for pushing that M.Torres, even though it was based on suspicion of me.

This was a really well designed game askbob, but yeah, I agree, a bit unbalanced based on the way things went down.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:40:49 PM
Well, well, I got the Mafia to target me and block a kill! Then though I stuffed up on NP 3. I also have to agree that the Mafia was a bit underpowered. If there was some powers for the witch then maybe things would've equalled out. Still though, I think Atheism didn't do a smart thing - third party and voting for himself? That could have been done a lot better. It probably didn't help that the only very active players were town in most cases. Good work fellow townies.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:58:54 PM
By the way, for some reason I'm getting a problem trying to look at the second Mafia thread. Is anyone else having this problem? It says something about '502 Bad Gateway' , but besides it being a port number (I guess) I don't know what it means. I don't mean to be difficult, but is there any way to fix this? Much appreciated.

Also, thanks to Askbob for moderating all the games.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:07:38 AM
I'm very sorry for my lack of activity and my poor protection choices. I was in four games simultaneously at one point and it made it difficult to give them all the attention neccessary.

Also, having to use the speech filter was very annoying and made me reluctant to post superfluously.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:31:49 AM
At 3/8/2011 11:58:54 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
It says something about '502 Bad Gateway' ,

http://www4.picturepush.com...

Somehow i must have posted the wrong link This should work for Mafia Thread 2
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 1:50:01 AM
At 3/9/2011 12:31:49 AM, askbob wrote:
At 3/8/2011 11:58:54 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
It says something about '502 Bad Gateway' ,

http://www4.picturepush.com...

Somehow i must have posted the wrong link This should work for Mafia Thread 2

Yep, it works.