Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

hip hop elements mafia - the end

feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 8:04:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Said it would be a fast and bloody game didn't I.

For those who haven't realised yet, ths was a multi-mafia game with no town at all.

Teams:


Microphone mafia:


Vi_Veri - You are Spoonie Gee, self-styled Godfather of Rap and therefore mafia godfather. http://en.wikipedia.org... You will appear innocent to investigations. You are an MC and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck. Killed by Aerosol mafia on NP3

badger - You are Grandmaster Caz, the legendary Cold Crush Brothers MC who's lyrics were stolen for the first hip hop record Rapper's Delight. http://en.wikipedia.org... http://en.wikipedia.org... Known for setting the record straight, in this game this works as a janitor ability. You will have the option of having lynchees appear innocent or guilty as you see fit. You are an MC and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck. Killed by turntable mafia NP3.

Danielle - You are Grandmaster Melle Mel, the pioneering MC who performed (and penned some of) the powerful lyrics in The Message. http://en.wikipedia.org... You have a one-shot bulletproof ability that applies to night kills only. You are an MC and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck. Recruited to b-boy cult NP3

Turntable mafia:

Alex - You are Kool DJ Herc, the legendary godfather of hip hop and therefore mafia godfather. http://en.wikipedia.org... This Jamaican born immigrant of Herculean stature brought the soundsystem culture of JA straight to the streets of New York and his cut-up style of deejaying set the template for hip hop music. You will appear innocent to investigations and also have a one-shot bulletproof ability that applies to night kills only. You are a turntablist and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck.

Tvellalot - You are Grandmaster Flash, the pioneering technical and technological innovator of DJing. http://en.wikipedia.org... You have an inventor ability. On NP1 you can choose one of the following aspects of DJing to focus on, subsequently you will gain a one-shot ability based on your selection. Choose: 1.Pre-fade level monitoring, 2.Backspin/beat juggle, or 3.Doubles. You are a turntablist and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck. Recruited to b-boy cult on NP2, killed by microphone mafia NP3.

darkkermit - You are Grand Wizzard Theodore, the pioneering DJ often credited with inventing scratching. http://en.wikipedia.org... You have an inventor ability. On NP1 you can choose one of the following aspects of DJing to focus on, subsequently you will gain a one-shot ability based on your selection. Choose: 1.Stab scratch, 2.Scribble scratch or 3.Transform scratch. You are a turntablist and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck.

bluesteel - You are Afrika Bambaataa, the pioneering DJ and ex gang leader who founded the Zulu Nation. http://en.wikipedia.org... You are a mafia JOAT with the following one-shot abilities based around your organisational skills and underworld connections: 1.Track (follow a player and see who they visit) 2.Watch (watch a player and see who they visit) 3.Politician (steal a player's vote) 4.Benefactor (give a player not in your mafia an extra vote). You are a turntablist and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck. Killed by microphone mafia and aerosol mafia NP1.

Aerosol mafia:

M.Torres - You are Seen, the pioneering aerosol artist. Often referred to as the godfather of graffiti, you are therefore mafia godfather. http://en.wikipedia.org... You will appear innocent to investigations. You are a graf writer and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck. Killed by turntable mafia NP1

Necrophiliator - You are Dondi (RIP), the pioneering aerosol artist. http://en.wikipedia.org... You are a graf writer and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Since you are sadly deceased in real life, you contribute in spirit form only and your lynch votes in the DP will not count towards an actual lynch. Good luck. Lynched on DP3

Atheism - You are Lady Pink, the pioneering female aerosol artist http://en.wikipedia.org... In true sexist style, as the only female in the mafia, you are the roleblocker and may target one person to block each night. You are a graf writer and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck. Killed by turntable mafia NP2

wonderwoman, replaced by Thaddeus - You are IZ the Wiz (RIP), the pioneering aerosol artist http://en.wikipedia.org... You are a graf writer and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Since you are sadly deceased in real life, you contribute in spirit form only and your lynch votes in the DP will not count towards an actual lynch. Good luck.

rogue, replaced by Zetsubou - You are Fab 5 Freddy, pioneering aerosol artist and hip hop historian. http://en.wikipedia.org... Your connections give you a politician type ability where you can steal one persons vote each DP. You are a graf writer and therefore mafia, you win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. Good luck.

Third Party:


m93samman - You are Crazy Legs, the legendary b-boy and president of the Rocksteady crew. http://en.wikipedia.org... Famed for travelling across NY, battling a host of other breakers and recruiting them to the crew, in this game you are the cult leader and recruiter. Initially the cult is just you, but upon succesfully recruiting another player, you will be able to communicate with them in a private thread. You are third party and win with the cult. Good luck. Killed by Aerosol mafia NP2

Nags - You are Rammelzee (RIP), the pioneering graffiti artist and MC. http://en.wikipedia.org... http://en.wikipedia.org... As both a writer and a rapper, you have a unique role in this multi mafia game of a double agent/survivor. You will be included in both mafia threads and can win with either mafia so long as you survive. Mafia threads coming soon. Since you are sadly deceased in real life, you contribute in spirit form only and your lynch votes in the DP will not count towards an actual lynch. Good luck. Killed by microphone mafia NP2

Winners:


The turntable mafia have won the game. Only three votes are now required to lynch, turntable mafia has two living members and darkkermit's one-shot politician ability from his transform scratch, so yeah, they can't lose.

Well done turntable mafia.

Thanks to everyone for playing.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 8:20:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wanted to do a game that was different and experimental and I had a lot of fun with this.

I tried out the non-voting roles because I thought it would create an interesting dynamic, it would be hard to get votes to lynch members of the aerosol mafia, but it would also mean they needed a greater majority to win the game, I envisioned the possibility of them sacrificing non-voting players in attempts to confirm their ones who could vote.

I thought the double agent role would be cool as well, unluckily for him, Nags claimed Afrika Bambaataa in the microphone mafia thread, so when bluesteel died, he was rumbled by the MCs who eventually killed him after an epic flame war in the mafia thread.

Synopsis:

DP1 - No lynch. m93samman claimed his true character people picked up on the recruitment aspect and assumed he was mason, Necro gave a very inventive fake claim of Lady B.

NP1 - After darkkermit accidentally posted in the wrong thread, Atheism role-blocked him and rogue stole his vote. Both the MCs and graf writers targetted bluesteel and the DJs killed M.Torres. m93samman tried to recruit bluesteel, but he had died of course.

DP2 - No lynch. Necro the troll somehow survived. The microphone mafia clocked that Nags had lied about his character/role and mayhem ensued in their thread which was funny to watch.

NP2 - Microphone mafia killed Nags, Aerosol mafia killed samman but not before he had recruited TV, TV inherited the recruit ability. Turntable mafia killed Atheism. Aerosol mafia neglected to use their roleblock or politician powers.

DP3 - Necro finally lynched in very short DP.

NP3 - TV recruited Danielle and was then killed by her mafia. Aerosol mafia took out Vi, turntable mafia took out badger. Game over.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 9:15:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 8:20:34 AM, feverish wrote:
Turntable mafia killed Atheism. Aerosol mafia neglected to use their roleblock or politician powers.

The rest of my mafia was quite inactive =/
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 9:23:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
wow, wtf. Guess I'm the new danielle. Targeted for TWO NK NP1. lol. Yay for me potentially saving a teammate.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 9:55:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What's up with the unfairness of numbers? Our mafia had a clear disadvantage there, especially with Nags working against us :/
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 9:58:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The voting roles bothered me a bit.

For instance, during one day phase we couldn't get a lynch because 2 players votes didn't count and then the other mafia decided just not to vote. People could have won the game just by manipulating votes and never voting so that there were never any day lynches.

Then, our mafia had 3 people while another mafia had 4 people plus a vote manipulation. That means at the start of the game they had 5/8 votes you'd need to lynch and then going forward a kind of super majority. But all in all a very interesting game. Very interesting concept. And it finished before Zets' game!
President of DDO
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 10:07:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Couldn't it have been a tie? or even ended in someone else winning? not that I'm complaining.

Alive players:
turntable mafia
Alex - godfather
darkkermit - one shot politician

cult
danielle - one shot BP

aerosol
rogue - nonvote
wonderwoman - nonvote

Takes 3 votes to lynch. Let's say wonderwoman gets lynched by Alex, darkkermit, and danielle.

NP
aerosol kills darkkermit, he doesn't use his power
turntable kills danielle, but she's one shot BP

DP
living players:
Alex
danielle
rogue

Takes two votes to lynch. If danielle refused to vote and let the DP end, and then the two mafias killed each other, she could have won for cult, in theory, no?

I figured in a multi-mafia game, the game wouldn't be over when the DP results in one mafia being un-lynch-able because there are still NK's and powers that could win it for the other mafia, right?

I just want to know for future reference.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 1:01:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
nvm, Alex was a one shot BP too...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 2:53:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Haha Danielle, I didn't win and you didn't either ^_^;

@Turntable Mafia:
I was totally going to betray you guys after I was recruited into the cult.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 2:56:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 2:53:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Haha Danielle, I didn't win and you didn't either ^_^;

@Turntable Mafia:
I was totally going to betray you guys after I was recruited into the cult.

yeah I was gonna say - the whole: "darkkermit, I have a plan; it just requires you to die, you cool with that?" darkkermit: "yeah sure"

lol - that makes a lot more sense now; seems like it was a good plan
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 2:57:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 2:56:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/10/2011 2:53:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Haha Danielle, I didn't win and you didn't either ^_^;

@Turntable Mafia:
I was totally going to betray you guys after I was recruited into the cult.

yeah I was gonna say - the whole: "darkkermit, I have a plan; it just requires you to die, you cool with that?" darkkermit: "yeah sure"

lol - that makes a lot more sense now; seems like it was a good plan

Actually, that was when I was still mafia; LOL!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:00:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
that three mafia thing kinda threw me.. though it didn't really.. but it did at the same time lol.. that kinda way..
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:01:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:01:05 PM, Nags wrote:
Lol @ microphone mafia killing their own mafioso and being surprised they lost.

who's surprised?
signature
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:02:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:01:41 PM, badger wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:01:05 PM, Nags wrote:
Lol @ microphone mafia killing their own mafioso and being surprised they lost.

who's surprised?

At 3/10/2011 9:55:25 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
What's up with the unfairness of numbers? Our mafia had a clear disadvantage there, especially with Nags working against us :/

I never lied to you guys once besides my original role and you decided killing me was the best option. Good one.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:03:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:02:47 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:01:41 PM, badger wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:01:05 PM, Nags wrote:
Lol @ microphone mafia killing their own mafioso and being surprised they lost.

who's surprised?

At 3/10/2011 9:55:25 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
What's up with the unfairness of numbers? Our mafia had a clear disadvantage there, especially with Nags working against us :/

I never lied to you guys once besides my original role and you decided killing me was the best option. Good one.

Did you claim survivor and offer to spy on the other mafia for them?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:06:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:03:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:02:47 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:01:41 PM, badger wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:01:05 PM, Nags wrote:
Lol @ microphone mafia killing their own mafioso and being surprised they lost.

who's surprised?

At 3/10/2011 9:55:25 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
What's up with the unfairness of numbers? Our mafia had a clear disadvantage there, especially with Nags working against us :/

I never lied to you guys once besides my original role and you decided killing me was the best option. Good one.

Did you claim survivor and offer to spy on the other mafia for them?

I originally claimed Afrika Bambaataa, mafia lawyer. Unluckily, someone actually was Afrika Bambaataa and that person was killed on the first night phase -- so my gig was up.

Everything after that was the truth and I spied on the other mafia for them. They killed me anyway.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:08:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 10:07:26 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Couldn't it have been a tie? or even ended in someone else winning? not that I'm complaining.

Possibly, and I did consider carrying on, but I specified at the start that a non-town team with a voting majority would win and didn't think it would be fair to change that.

At 3/10/2011 9:55:25 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
What's up with the unfairness of numbers? Our mafia had a clear disadvantage there, especially with Nags working against us :/

Yeah, I thought badger's ability would end up being far more useful than it was, and it's possible that I did unconciously give the turntable mafia a slight advantage, it is my first discipline after all.

Thing with Nags was, he wasn't really working against you. Things kicked off pretty quick in the mafia thread and he probably didn't handle it too diplomatically at first, but he ended up naming all the other mafia and their roles to you guys and manipulating them into lynching m93 instead of you, Vi, the same night you guys killed him.

I don't think it was that unfair really, you could easily have won if the other teams had made slightly different choices on NP3.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:10:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:06:07 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:03:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:02:47 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:01:41 PM, badger wrote:
At 3/10/2011 3:01:05 PM, Nags wrote:
Lol @ microphone mafia killing their own mafioso and being surprised they lost.

who's surprised?

At 3/10/2011 9:55:25 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
What's up with the unfairness of numbers? Our mafia had a clear disadvantage there, especially with Nags working against us :/

I never lied to you guys once besides my original role and you decided killing me was the best option. Good one.

Did you claim survivor and offer to spy on the other mafia for them?

I originally claimed Afrika Bambaataa, mafia lawyer. Unluckily, someone actually was Afrika Bambaataa and that person was killed on the first night phase -- so my gig was up.

Everything after that was the truth and I spied on the other mafia for them. They killed me anyway.

my bad nags.. i was still thinking two mafia and one town until i saw the last dp.. though 3 mafia was playing on me.. but yeah i didn't believe you.. and just kinda wanted you dead anyway for being such a cheeky little prick :)

should've been fairly obvious there was gonna be three mafia really..
signature
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:27:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:03:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Did you claim survivor and offer to spy on the other mafia for them?

Nope, he didn't. But this ^

Nags, had you done this, we would have kept you alive. The fact that you weren't willing to work with us showed that you were acting completely alone and to your own advantage. You didn't care whether any of us lived or died. For instance you didn't tell us that the other mafia had a role blocker when we decided to have Vi lie and say she was role blocked (because we thought kermit was lying, considering our mafia didn't have a RB). Had you sided with us originally, we both woulda won. We realized that killing you would make us lose, but at that point making you lose became more important. That's why being a prick isn't the best way to go about things all the time, I guess.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:27:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I picked up on the 3 mafia bit right away, but got confused and thought there might be a town as well somehow.
President of DDO
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:31:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:27:06 PM, Danielle wrote:
Nags, had you done this, we would have kept you alive.

Lol, except I did. Read what feverish said.

You didn't care whether any of us lived or died.

Yes I did, I needed you guys to live if I were to win.

For instance you didn't tell us that the other mafia had a role blocker when we decided to have Vi lie and say she was role blocked (because we thought kermit was lying, considering our mafia didn't have a RB).

I don't even know what you're talking about here. This never crossed my mind. The other mafia didn't pick up on it anyway.

I told you who their role-blocker was anyway.

Had you sided with us originally, we both woulda won.

This isn't necessarily true.

We realized that killing you would make us lose, but at that point making you lose became more important. That's why being a prick isn't the best way to go about things all the time, I guess.

hahahahahhah

At least you admit your ego is the size of Charlie Sheen's drug addiction.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 3:32:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 3:27:55 PM, Danielle wrote:
I picked up on the 3 mafia bit right away

Lol, you decided to keep it to yourself though? Hindsight bias ftw.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 9:59:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I should have recruited Alex, damn it. I was really considering it.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 10:03:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 9:59:08 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I should have recruited Alex, damn it. I was really considering it.

You had recruitment powers even though m93 died?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 1:06:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 10:03:41 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/10/2011 9:59:08 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I should have recruited Alex, damn it. I was really considering it.

You had recruitment powers even though m93 died?

Yeah, this was another thing I wasn't too sure about, but since m93 started off on his own, I thought it would be fairer if they could still recruit after his death.