Jump to topic:

Concept mafia~ish game

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 1:43:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So I'm going to try a game that uses the same format as mafia (there are DP and NP and someone is lynched during the DP, and actions are preformed in the NP).

However, there is no actual mafia.

There is going to be a town of 10 people. In that town, there are 4 roles.

Winning Jester - If this player is lynched, they win and the game ends. So they want to get lynched.
Losing Jester - If this player is lynched, they lose and the game ends. So they don't want to get lynched.
Pro-jesters - If the W Jester is lynched, they win with that jester. If the L Jester is lynched, they lose with that jester, they also know who the W Jester is, but not who the L Jester is.
Townies - They win if the L Jester is lynched, and lose if the W Jester is lynched.

During the NP, every player will select a player to steal a role from (so the W Jester, L jester, and pro-jesters will be changing every NP). If a player has no role to steal, they default to Townie.

What does everyone think? If you want, this concept game has 10 opening.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 2:19:29 PM
I don't like the role switching concept. It's like a brand new game each time; one part of the mafia experience is building your reputation in that particular game based on continuity. Otherwise, it's a bunch of one-shot games strung together.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 2:46:23 PM
At 3/15/2011 2:19:29 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I don't like the role switching concept. It's like a brand new game each time; one part of the mafia experience is building your reputation in that particular game based on continuity. Otherwise, it's a bunch of one-shot games strung together.

Yikes, I didn't even notice that part.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 3:25:03 PM
At 3/15/2011 2:19:29 PM, bluesteel wrote:

It is suppose to focus more on how people change their styles as their win conditions change. I.E. one day you may want to get lynched yourself, the next you are trying to lynch the W Jester, or the L Jester.

I'm also changing it a bit.

The pro-jesters will not know who the W Jester is.
And, only townies can steal roles during the NP. This gives the advantage, that if you are a townie, and you steal someone's role, you know that they are a town this round (as they would not be stealing another person's role to replace their lost one).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 8:57:27 PM
2. Askbob
3. InsertNameHere
7. nonentity
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos