Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Holiday Mafia - GAME OVER

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:43:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Holiday Mafia ~ MAFIA VICTORY!!!

1st Place - Mafia

* m93samman
* bluesteel (voted mod VIP)
* Vi_Veri
* timbeech
* annhasle

2nd Place - Town

* Alex
* xxdarkxx
* Thaddeus
* innomen
* mattrodstrom
* koopin
* Chrysippus
* OreEle/tvellalott

3rd Place - Jester

* askbob

-- ROLES --

Here are the ones you haven't seen yet...

xxDarkxx ---> You are Memorial Day, the day of celebrating the dead. You have an investigative ability where you can target a deceased player, and find out who killed them. Use this strategically since it's a one-shot ability. You win with the town.

Innomen ---> You are Veteran's Day, the day to celebrate those who have fought to protect this country. Though I have iffy feelings about war and soldiers in general, we should be thankful for the brave heroes with good intentions. Plus we should be nice to old people :) Everybody loves you, and as such, it will take one more vote than necessary to lynch you. You win with the town.

Tvellalott ---> You are Fat Tuesday (a.k.a. Mardi Gras!) - a final night of drinking, fun and debauchery before the solemn season of Lent. You're so awesome that for some reason girls just start flashing everybody on you! Every year there's a bomb parade in New Orleans on Mardi Gras that people follow, and as such, you are the tracker. However you're trashed 1/2 the time and thus can track on every other night phase only. You win with the town.

Alex ---> You are Saint Patrick's Day, the drunk as sh!t holiday. Regardless of your nationality, everybody gets lucky on Saint Patty's Day! You have the luck o' the Irish in ye and as such can survive any night kill attempts. You are Bulletproof and win with the town.

MAFIA...

Bluesteel ---> You are Mischief Night, the night of trouble making and debauchery. Only annoying a$s teenage brat fvcks hang out and think they're cool on you! Ugh. Each night phase you may select one player to either role block or frame. You win with the mafia.

Annhasle ---> You are Columbus Day, the reject holiday. Most people acknowledge that it's a complete joke that you're even a holiday to begin with. You serve no purpose. You're based on filth. You make me embarrassed that this is an "Italian-American" holiday. The fact that most people don't even have off on this holiday makes you pretty lame. You're the hated mafioso; it takes 1 less vote to lynch you. You win with the mafia.

Vi ---> You are Halloween, the day of the witch! You are the mafia witch. Each night phase you may place a curse on another player, and whomever targets that player during the night will die. It can only work on one player per night, so if more than one person visits your target, you don't know which visitor will be more susceptible to the curse. You win with the mafia.

GAME HISTORY

Day Phase 1

Askbob played aggressively and was almost lynched before claiming to be the vigilante. Mattrodstrom strategically chose not to CC. Additionally m93samman role claimed tracker, but OreEle the original tracker wasn't online to CC. The day phase ultimately ended in a NL.

Night Phase 1

- Vi cursed herself; nobody died
- bluesteel role blocked innomen; innomen didn't have a role to block
- timbeech stole koopin's vote
- m93samman killed mattrodstrom
- Chrysippus investigated askbob; he showed up 3P
- mattrodstrom killed timbeech (he was originally gonna kill bluesteel)
- Thaddeus recruited innomen to the masons
- xxdarkxx couldn't use his role yet
- tvellalott replaced OreEle and chose not to use his role on np1

Had tvellalott tracked m93 who CC'd his role in the day phase, the town woulda caught the GF carrying out the mafia kill. I insisted tvellalott read the day phase (not to give the town a hint, but because it's kinda not fair to the town to have inactive players not call shenanigans due to inactivity that could impact the game pretty big like this).

Day Phase 2

With mattrodstrom revealed as the real vigilante, askbob was lynched. He revealed his true win conditions to no avail.

Night Phase 2

- Chrysippus investigated m93samman but was incidentally killed by him
- tvellalott tracked xxdarkxx indicating he did not read dp 1 :P
- Vi cursed bluesteel; nobody targeted him
- bluesteel framed Alex; nobody investigated him
- Thaddeus chose not to recruit
- xxdarkxx chose not to use his power

Had it been noticed that m93 CC'd tvellalott's role, the GF would have been caught killing. Instead...

Day Phase 3

Tvellalott finally realized that m93 had CC'd tracker. It was a toss up between who'd be lynched. The mafia realized that they could potentially win the game by getting TV lynched. I genuinely think they could have done it, but oh well. Samman was lynched.

Night Phase 3

- xxdarkxx targeted Chrysippus which was useless after m93's death
- Thaddeus died trying to recruit bluesteel
- bluesteel role blocked innomen which was useless
- Vi cursed Thaddeus which was useless

Day Phase 4

Bluesteel claimed lie detector, BS'd the town, the town hammered innomen and the mafia won the game :-O I'm shocked!

MOD REVIEW

First, I want to say that askbob actually did a good job in this game. Claiming vigilante was smart because there's usually not a vig in my small games. His character claim was also decent and made sense. He convinced the mafia that he was the vig, and they wanted to kill him (which was his goal). He acted like the jester on dp1 which was also kinda smart, and made more sense as him playing aggressive after claiming a power role. All in all I thought he did a good job and could have easily won had there been no real vig.

Matt also did a good job not CC'ing, and correctly nabbing a mafioso on np1 (timbeech)! He actually correctly targeted bluesteel the same night who had an even more important mafia role. Then he changed it. Still successful, so matt wins MVP #2 in my opinion.

MVP #1 is bluesteel for his overall game play. He got the mason recruiter killed trying to kill him, and did the best job coaching in the mafia thread regarding roles and whatnot. He also kept himself alive and BS'd that winning claim at the end.

Now before you say the mafia was over-powered...

I started the mafia with 5/14 people for several reasons. First, that's within the 1/3 - 1/6 ratio which is acceptable. Second, the mafia usually never win small games (or have a very hard time doing so). Third, they had a few n00bs and some were obviously mafia (no offense). But going back to the mafia not usually winning, I thought the townies had several major holiday claims which would have helped them avoid lynching - i.e. Christmas, 4th of July, etc.

Having a m. recruiter in a small game is also helpful, because it can be used as an investigative role (as evidenced in the end had people waited to talk to innomen). The town had a forensic investigator. Had xxDarkxx used his role on np2 (he passed until the following night when his role became useless), the GF would have been caught. Koopin's role was interesting in that he could be lynched but come back to life. This would mean he could be a confirmed townie. Innomen's role also allowed him to be confirmed. For instance, if you VTL him he would not die, so I figured that would help the town as well. Alex was Bulletproof so the mafia could have failed trying to kill him.

Meh. I hope I didn't subconsciously overpower the mafia. If I did, it's prolly cuz I feel bad the mafia usually has such a hard time winning. However I think townie mistakes were largely to blame. For instance had people waited for innomen, bluesteel woulda died, innomen woulda been confirmed (along with tv) and I think the mafia would have lost for sure.
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:46:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Stupid stupid town. You lynch without hearing any sort of a defense. Was gone all day, but you couldn't wait??????????????
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:47:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:46:01 PM, innomen wrote:
Stupid stupid town. You lynch without hearing any sort of a defense. Was gone all day, but you couldn't wait??????????????

Tee-hee.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:47:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That was pretty retarded of the town not to wait for inno to have a comment back. But, alas, we win :p
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:50:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:47:47 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
That was pretty retarded of the town not to wait for inno to have a comment back. But, alas, we win :p

Agreed, whenever someone claims "lie detector" with a guilty, town should always ask "what post did you do the detect on" and also ask what they used for other NPs to get confirmations so that people can use their other NP actions better.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:52:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:49:12 PM, innomen wrote:
Danielle, i have one question, i was to need an additional lynch to be lynched, where there 5?

very true.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:54:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:53:42 PM, innomen wrote:
"Everybody loves you, and as such, it will take one more vote than necessary to lynch you."

Ha ha.
kfc
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:57:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:54:34 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 3/18/2011 4:53:42 PM, innomen wrote:
"Everybody loves you, and as such, it will take one more vote than necessary to lynch you."

Ha ha.

Well, i don't get how that was a lynch with 4 votes, and 5 are needed for me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:57:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:49:12 PM, innomen wrote:
Danielle, i have one question, i was to need an additional lynch to be lynched, where there 5?

You're right -- Vi was saying that she was going to vote for you, so I assumed she did and ended the dp. It wasn't until afterward I realized that she chose not to at the last second because she thought you had enough to lynch. My mistake in not waiting, though I'm sure if I posted 4/4 and you didn't die she would have realized your role and hammered (she was online at the time and posting). Still, it would have given the townies a last second to unvote :/ My mistake. I usually never screw up like that. I doubt it would have helped but it's no excuse. I feel bad... I really think the mafia would have lost had you just gotten to post. Then again I think the mafia could have won yesterday by voting tvellalott instead of Samman. Two of the 4 mafioso were voting Samman so it could have been done. Oh well.
President of DDO
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 4:58:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:53:42 PM, innomen wrote:
"Everybody loves you, and as such, it will take one more vote than necessary to lynch you."

=O
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:00:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:57:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/18/2011 4:49:12 PM, innomen wrote:
Danielle, i have one question, i was to need an additional lynch to be lynched, where there 5?

You're right -- Vi was saying that she was going to vote for you, so I assumed she did and ended the dp. It wasn't until afterward I realized that she chose not to at the last second because she thought you had enough to lynch. My mistake in not waiting, though I'm sure if I posted 4/4 and you didn't die she would have realized your role and hammered (she was online at the time and posting). Still, it would have given the townies a last second to unvote :/ My mistake. I usually never screw up like that. I doubt it would have helped but it's no excuse. I feel bad... I really think the mafia would have lost had you just gotten to post. Then again I think the mafia could have won yesterday by voting tvellalott instead of Samman. Two of the 4 mafioso were voting Samman so it could have been done. Oh well.

Don't feel badly, i'm glad i'm not the only one who makes mistakes. Had i a moment to speak i could have encouraged an unvote.

It's okay. The one time i go away from my computer for the day, and i get killed.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:02:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, everyone jump over to Koopin's sign up sheet and grab a spot, only two left.

/shameless promotion
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 5:05:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 5:02:40 PM, OreEle wrote:
Okay, everyone jump over to Koopin's sign up sheet and grab a spot, only two left.

/shameless promotion

You've convinced me to sign up!
kfc
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 6:00:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
haha i knew vi was mafia, that was an interesting twist on the jester role
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 6:19:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 6:00:38 PM, askbob wrote:
haha i knew vi was mafia, that was an interesting twist on the jester role

yeah.. I had a feeling she was.. especially when she pushed for innomen to "CC"
though I was fairly sure you were... so that counterbalanced suspecting her quite a bit.

And.. I had a pretty good feeling BS was (what with not offering anything at all useful.. and lurking)
but Timbeech was 100% clear when he made that ridiculous post regarding Your being strung up... Town doesn't ever sound so dumb as they suspect everyone automatically.

Also.. I figured if I killed BS right from the beginning that might be a tell that I was Vig.. being that I hate him, lol,
And that I was the one that called out his lurking..
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 6:56:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I knew the innomen lynch was suspicious.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 7:27:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think saying that I was obviously mafia (being the newest player and in response to Danielle's posts) was in some ways out of my control because I came in the game with several votes on me.

Now besides me I think if Matt wasn't killed by us the same night he killed me the town would have easily won. Vig killing bluesteel the next NP would have deflated the mafia completely. Ann, Vi and bluesteel worked excellently together but bluesteel did a great job leading the way.

I actually think my death may have prevented me making a retarded mistake that would have lead to outing bluesteel or Vi or ann.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 7:57:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tim to be perfectly honest I wasn't keeping up too much with what you said in the day phase. I just remember Vi complaining in the mafia thread that you were being obvious, and then mattrodstrom apparently caught on and shot you night phase 1 (even over shooting askbob which was weird since he fake CC'd his role). Nevertheless I didn't mean to insult you specifically. I actually thought ann was obviously mafia :/
President of DDO
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 8:18:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Good game, everyone.

M93samman, I KNEW you were mafia; I had alreay submitted my action to Danielle wen you posted in the (closed) DP asking for me to investigate you, and all these warning bells went off... not that it would have done any good for me to have changed my action at the last minute.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 8:58:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
He was also the Godfather, so he would have come up innocent :P

Had that happened, the mafia probably would have won DP3 due to lynching tvellalott.
President of DDO
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:14:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I thought this was a very well designed game. It was so frustratingly hard to guess roles from holidays.

I can't believe I missed that Vi and I could have hammered TV DP3 and won.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:43:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 9:14:22 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I can't believe I missed that Vi and I could have hammered TV DP3 and won.

Yes, tvellalott had 5/6 votes for quite sometime while both you and Vi were online and voting m93.

I was secretly glad that it didn't happen because I wanted the game to continue :P
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:48:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 9:43:24 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/18/2011 9:14:22 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I can't believe I missed that Vi and I could have hammered TV DP3 and won.

Yes, tvellalott had 5/6 votes for quite sometime while both you and Vi were online and voting m93.

I was secretly glad that it didn't happen because I wanted the game to continue :P

um I had unvoted and wasn't voting sam......
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:51:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 9:48:47 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
um I had unvoted and wasn't voting sam......

A) At one point you were, and it was 5/6 on tvellalott

B) Regardless, you still weren't voting tv and you coulda hammered. So the point stands.

C) It doesn't matter :)
President of DDO
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 9:38:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 4:43:16 PM, Danielle wrote:
Innomen's role also allowed him to be confirmed. For instance, if you VTL him he would not die, so I figured that would help the town as well.

DOESN'T THAT MEAN THE GAME ISN'T OVER?!??!
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 9:39:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 9:38:21 AM, m93samman wrote:
At 3/18/2011 4:43:16 PM, Danielle wrote:
Innomen's role also allowed him to be confirmed. For instance, if you VTL him he would not die, so I figured that would help the town as well.

DOESN'T THAT MEAN THE GAME ISN'T OVER?!??!

nm, just read everything
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 9:40:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 9:38:21 AM, m93samman wrote:
At 3/18/2011 4:43:16 PM, Danielle wrote:
Innomen's role also allowed him to be confirmed. For instance, if you VTL him he would not die, so I figured that would help the town as well.

DOESN'T THAT MEAN THE GAME ISN'T OVER?!??!

Game over is game over, but she messed up. I was gone all day, and had the info on Blue steel waiting but by the time i got on line i had 4 votes, i kept talking, but it was overlooked that 5 were required.