Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Assassination, Game 1, Sign-Up

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 1:25:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is a game I made up. 8 people will play. There are no teams, everyone for themself. There can be more than one winner and there may also be no winners within one game.

1. Your missions:
Keep yourself alive.
Keep another specific individual alive, they are your "subject", you are their "guardian".
Assassinate one specific person, they are your "target", you are their "assassin".

2. Who you know/Who knows you:
The only people who you will initially be aware of who they are, which I will tell you in a PM, is your subject and your assassin. I will not tell you who your guardian or your target is.
Your guardian and your target will be told who you are.
Your subject, target, assassin, and guardian will all be different people, they will never change and they will never be the same of someone else(e.g. two people with the same target).

3. Who may assassinate who:
You can assassinate anyone except your assassin.
Anyone can assassinate you except your target.

4. Winning/Losing:
If you die you lose and may no longer participate in this game or the next but you can play in the one after that.
If your subject dies you lose but may continue playing this game(for whatever reason) and the one after the next but not in the next.
If you successfully assassinate your target while your subject is still alive you win and enter the winners circle where more may join you.
Winners may continue to play to protect their subject if they wish and dieing after winning will not result in a loss.

5. Follow-up games:
New games will be established(all with the same rules) for all the winners as well as people who haven't play before or losers who have waited. This is to discover our champion(s). Games will continue to be set-up until the insistent winners have been narrowed down to one person, this will be the champion, the king/queen of assassins and guardians, and will receive over 9,000 internet points.

Sign-up:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 1:44:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I forgot one tiny essential thing:

To assassinate someone say "assassinate so-and-so" in bold.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 1:49:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you have any confusions, feel free to ask me a question and will probably make that confusion greater.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 2:40:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
A few points. 1, wouldn't it be a bit circumspect when you say 'assassinate x!' and x doesn't die. He's your assassin. Also 2, how long would these games last? Ie. Do we need to be online all the time or what?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 2:49:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 2:40:43 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
A few points. 1, wouldn't it be a bit circumspect when you say 'assassinate x!' and x doesn't die. He's your assassin.
That's correct. This is one way to discover your assassin.
Also 2, how long would these games last? Ie. Do we need to be online all the time or what?
It will probably be very short but missing a few pages could be suicide due to how quickly information about everyone can discerned after a few things have been revealed. This is just my theory though, I haven't seen it in action.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 2:52:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 2:49:08 AM, FREEDO wrote:
That's correct. This is one way to discover your assassin.

Re-phrase: That is one way for your assassin to discover who his target is.

So randomly shooting at people is risky.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 2:53:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 2:52:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2011 2:49:08 AM, FREEDO wrote:
That's correct. This is one way to discover your assassin.

Re-phrase: That is one way for your assassin to discover who his target is.

So randomly shooting at people is risky.

You might also hit your guardian.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 2:58:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/19/2011 1:25:58 AM, FREEDO wrote:
This is to discover our champion(s).

I meant to erase the "(s)" after that. There will only be one champion.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2011 5:39:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3.
4.
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6.
7.
8.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
AznWords
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 7:28:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'll play. I'm still a little confused about how the game starts. Do we just try to get to the post first and assasinate our target before we're assasinated? and when is this happening?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 9:37:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 7:28:57 PM, AznWords wrote:
I'll play. I'm still a little confused about how the game starts. Do we just try to get to the post first and assasinate our target before we're assasinated? and when is this happening?

You don't initially know who your target is. You have to figure it out.

I see this is your first post. Are you sure you will be active?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 9:38:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 7:40:32 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3. AznWords
4.
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6. ccstate4peat
7.
8.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2011 9:56:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/20/2011 9:38:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/20/2011 7:40:32 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3. AznWords
4. timbeech
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6. ccstate4peat
7.
8.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 4:05:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3. AznWords
4. timbeech
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6. ccstate4peat
7. lovelife
8. wonderwoman

Assassinate Logic, TV, Azn, Tim, Cosmic, CCstate, Lovelife, Wonder

Sure win ;) lawl
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 5:42:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 12:32:53 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
I shall take 7 and I promise to be active

How long has it been since you last got on? Welcome back.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 9:22:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 4:05:22 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3. AznWords
4. timbeech
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6. ccstate4peat
7. lovelife
8. wonderwoman

Assassinate Logic, TV, Azn, Tim, Cosmic, CCstate, Lovelife, Wonder

Sure win ;) lawl

No, you'll end up leaving your assassin as the only one alive. That will grant your assassin a free win;

btw, take off aznwords or whatever, they haven't been online in a day and they signed up a day ago.

But I don't wanna play; I was just giving you a heads up
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 12:29:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 9:22:08 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 3/21/2011 4:05:22 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3. AznWords
4. timbeech
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6. ccstate4peat
7. lovelife
8. wonderwoman

Assassinate Logic, TV, Azn, Tim, Cosmic, CCstate, Lovelife, Wonder

Sure win ;) lawl

No, you'll end up leaving your assassin as the only one alive. That will grant your assassin a free win;

btw, take off aznwords or whatever, they haven't been online in a day and they signed up a day ago.

But I don't wanna play; I was just giving you a heads up

Not necessarily. Depends on the order of your kills.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 3:12:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 9:22:08 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 3/21/2011 4:05:22 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3. AznWords
4. timbeech
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6. ccstate4peat
7. lovelife
8. wonderwoman

Assassinate Logic, TV, Azn, Tim, Cosmic, CCstate, Lovelife, Wonder

Sure win ;) lawl

No, you'll end up leaving your assassin as the only one alive. That will grant your assassin a free win;

btw, take off aznwords or whatever, they haven't been online in a day and they signed up a day ago.

But I don't wanna play; I was just giving you a heads up

You're right.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 3:13:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Logic_on_rails
2. Tvellalott
3.
4. timbeech
5. CosmicAlfonzo
6. ccstate4peat
7. lovelife
8. wonderwoman

WE HAVE ONE MORE SPACE
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord