Total Posts:487|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Harry Potter DP1

Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 9:10:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Harry Potter Mafia, DP 1

You all probably know the rules of mafia by now. If you don't, feel free to ask me an unlimited number of questions via your role PM.

As for mod punishments, this is a magically themed game, after all. Go ahead; c/p your role PM, talk in the DP after a lynch, or go into a coma leaving your night action unused. Make my day. I'd enjoy the challenge of making the punishment fit the crime... heh heh heh. Seriously, though, don't. You and your team will be happier.

To be counted, votes must be bolded.

No need to unvote when changing your vote from one to another.

THERE IS NO LIE DETECTOR. DON"T BOTHER POSTING "I WIN WITH TOWN."

Day Periods will last as soon as a lynch occurs or at the time specified in the first post of the DP. Exempli gratia: this first DP will end at 11 pm Wednesday the 23rd.

Story:

It is a fairly quiet day at Hogwarts; which is to say, there are no dragons attacking, no undead armies in the immediate area, and the Dementors are all taking naps in another dimension. Suddenly, the castle alarms go off: someone inside the castle is preparing Dark Magic for use! It seems magical enemies are hidden within the halls and corridors of Hogwarts, and they are about to attack; the staff will need all of their ingenuity if they are to survive.

Good luck, all.

LIVING PLAYERS:
1. badger
2. M.Torres
3. Koopin
4. innomen
5. Logic_on_rails
6. bluesteel
7. nonentity
8. Nags
9. Vi
10. Danielle
11. OreEle
12. xxdarkxx
13. Thaddeus the Courageous
14. lovelife
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 9:14:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 9:10:32 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
ask me an unlimited number of questions via your role PM.

Someone should do this.

PS I'm not playing in this game, in case you guys think I'm participating.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 9:53:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 9:36:54 PM, nonentity wrote:
Few people are online... VTL Nags for pressure.

VTL nonentity since Nags is not online.
kfc
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 9:56:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 9:53:44 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 3/21/2011 9:36:54 PM, nonentity wrote:
Few people are online... VTL Nags for pressure.

VTL nonentity since Nags is not online.

He was online when I posted that. At the time, it was just him and bluesteel, and Nags had posted in the forums more recently than bluesteel.

Unvote Nags.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:01:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:00:48 PM, nonentity wrote:
I will reveal if there's pressure, but it looks like nobody is online. I'm going to bed soon.

Scum of the earth!
kfc
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:35:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just to note on inactivity, I'm at school (I live in Australia, so timing is different) . I'll be able to talk more when at home (2 hours or so) . What time is it in the US (generally) now?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:37:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:35:42 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Just to note on inactivity, I'm at school (I live in Australia, so timing is different) . I'll be able to talk more when at home (2 hours or so) . What time is it in the US (generally) now?

midnight on the east coast just was perusing thought i'd answer
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:39:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 9:56:56 PM, nonentity wrote:
He was online when I posted that.

Interesting that he signed offline right when the game started...

Anyway, I say we limit the number of people we pressure today to about 2, 3 tops.

Vote LogicOnRails -- dunno who the heck that is, and teh n00berz is online now anyway.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 10:59:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/21/2011 10:57:19 PM, nonentity wrote:
It looks like logic on rails thought the group thread was the mafia thread. Vote to lynch logic for pressure.

That's what I was thinking. Not only is he online, but he's clearly paying attention to the game and yet has not posted in this thread. Huge FOS.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2011 11:29:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah, that wasn't the brightest thing, Logic. I think that you may want get on tomorrow, since you are going to be the prime suspect this first DP, though there probably isn't much, other than a character claim, that can be done to help this.

I'll vote tomorrow after more people have posted.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 12:27:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The reason I posted in that thread was simple - I thought he was referring to the day phase thread. As for signing off, I was in the middle of a science lesson at school. Also, although no one may have noticed, I posted in this thread before posting in the message. I then asked in the other thread, since I was confused. I also said that I wouldn't be available for 2 hours (school) .

I agree I made a mistake, but nothing crucial. I'm going to pressure Koopin, he didn't give a reason for voting me.

VTL Koopin
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 2:50:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 12:27:22 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
The reason I posted in that thread was simple - I thought he was referring to the day phase thread. As for signing off, I was in the middle of a science lesson at school. Also, although no one may have noticed, I posted in this thread before posting in the message. I then asked in the other thread, since I was confused. I also said that I wouldn't be available for 2 hours (school) .

I agree I made a mistake, but nothing crucial. I'm going to pressure Koopin, he didn't give a reason for voting me.

VTL Koopin

I don't buy it. "I hope i didn't do anything fatal". maybe too obvious in that you are a jester, but if you're a noob, i don't know you'd do something that creative.

VTL Logic
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 4:19:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, obviously my mistake is causing major suspicion on me, although I gave reasons in my previous post. To clear things up somewhat I have a testable role - an investigative one. Here's what I propose - the town picks 3 suspects for me to choose from for my investigation - this way the Mafia only has a 1/3 of fooling me if they have a framer. I pick one and reveal my results the next DP. Obviously, I don't want to reveal what type of cop I am just yet.

Also, FYI, being in a different time zone means that it might be some time before I seem to react to pressure, so don't lynch immediately if this isn't 100% convincing. Finally, my role is extremely easy to discern from my character, so I won't character claim just yet.

I made a small mistake, but I can prove my role easily enough.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 8:33:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 4:19:02 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Okay, obviously my mistake is causing major suspicion on me, although I gave reasons in my previous post. To clear things up somewhat I have a testable role - an investigative one. Here's what I propose - the town picks 3 suspects for me to choose from for my investigation - this way the Mafia only has a 1/3 of fooling me if they have a framer. I pick one and reveal my results the next DP. Obviously, I don't want to reveal what type of cop I am just yet.

Also, FYI, being in a different time zone means that it might be some time before I seem to react to pressure, so don't lynch immediately if this isn't 100% convincing. Finally, my role is extremely easy to discern from my character, so I won't character claim just yet.

I made a small mistake, but I can prove my role easily enough.

OK, but why did you say what you said? It seems to imply you have killing powers.
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 8:50:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tastic:

Koopin: 1/7 (Logic_On_Rails)

Logic_On_Rails: 4/7(Danielle, nonentity, Koopin, Innomen)
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 9:00:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Interesting. Unvote. Logic, to test your claim let's just go with the first 3 people on the list; that seems random enough:

1. badger
2. M.Torres
3. Koopin

We have 2 choices. We can either pressure people for character claims or we can vote NL and let the night actions go to work. In this game, there are going to be several obvious townies (Harry, Hermione, Ron, Dumbledore, etc.). By character claiming we can know who NOT to pressure/lynch, and who the best characters to use night actions on would be, but at the same time it lets the mafia know who have the main roles. So I dunno.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 9:00:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 4:19:02 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Okay, obviously my mistake is causing major suspicion on me, although I gave reasons in my previous post. To clear things up somewhat I have a testable role - an investigative one. Here's what I propose - the town picks 3 suspects for me to choose from for my investigation - this way the Mafia only has a 1/3 of fooling me if they have a framer. I pick one and reveal my results the next DP. Obviously, I don't want to reveal what type of cop I am just yet.

Also, FYI, being in a different time zone means that it might be some time before I seem to react to pressure, so don't lynch immediately if this isn't 100% convincing. Finally, my role is extremely easy to discern from my character, so I won't character claim just yet.

I made a small mistake, but I can prove my role easily enough.

Where have you played mafia and how long have you been playing mafia?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 10:06:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 4:19:02 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Okay, obviously my mistake is causing major suspicion on me, although I gave reasons in my previous post. To clear things up somewhat I have a testable role - an investigative one. Here's what I propose - the town picks 3 suspects for me to choose from for my investigation - this way the Mafia only has a 1/3 of fooling me if they have a framer. I pick one and reveal my results the next DP. Obviously, I don't want to reveal what type of cop I am just yet.

Also, FYI, being in a different time zone means that it might be some time before I seem to react to pressure, so don't lynch immediately if this isn't 100% convincing. Finally, my role is extremely easy to discern from my character, so I won't character claim just yet.

I made a small mistake, but I can prove my role easily enough.

You're more likely to be role blocked or flat out killed. Not to mention, it seem highly probably that you could be mafia, and know that the odds are in favor that at least 1 of the 3 people randomly choosen would be a mafia brother who can back your claim, or at least try to convince the town that one of them are mafia so that you could take a townie down with you.

Like Innomen said, you could be jester, but I don't think that is likely. I think that unless something comes up, we should either lynch Logic, or go with a no lynch. I don't really trust his plan, but it is something to get the game moving in DP2.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 10:12:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 10:06:25 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/22/2011 4:19:02 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Okay, obviously my mistake is causing major suspicion on me, although I gave reasons in my previous post. To clear things up somewhat I have a testable role - an investigative one. Here's what I propose - the town picks 3 suspects for me to choose from for my investigation - this way the Mafia only has a 1/3 of fooling me if they have a framer. I pick one and reveal my results the next DP. Obviously, I don't want to reveal what type of cop I am just yet.

Also, FYI, being in a different time zone means that it might be some time before I seem to react to pressure, so don't lynch immediately if this isn't 100% convincing. Finally, my role is extremely easy to discern from my character, so I won't character claim just yet.

I made a small mistake, but I can prove my role easily enough.

You're more likely to be role blocked or flat out killed. Not to mention, it seem highly probably that you could be mafia, and know that the odds are in favor that at least 1 of the 3 people randomly choosen would be a mafia brother who can back your claim, or at least try to convince the town that one of them are mafia so that you could take a townie down with you.

Like Innomen said, you could be jester, but I don't think that is likely. I think that unless something comes up, we should either lynch Logic, or go with a no lynch. I don't really trust his plan, but it is something to get the game moving in DP2.

He doesn't sound as noob as i thought. I'm not sure of a lynch if it's investigator, but my feeling that he's guilty from that statement weighs more than if he's a jester. I just don't know what that statement could mean - "i hope i didn't do anything fatal". - I know that feeling of posting in the wrong PM.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 10:17:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 10:12:10 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/22/2011 10:06:25 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/22/2011 4:19:02 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Okay, obviously my mistake is causing major suspicion on me, although I gave reasons in my previous post. To clear things up somewhat I have a testable role - an investigative one. Here's what I propose - the town picks 3 suspects for me to choose from for my investigation - this way the Mafia only has a 1/3 of fooling me if they have a framer. I pick one and reveal my results the next DP. Obviously, I don't want to reveal what type of cop I am just yet.

Also, FYI, being in a different time zone means that it might be some time before I seem to react to pressure, so don't lynch immediately if this isn't 100% convincing. Finally, my role is extremely easy to discern from my character, so I won't character claim just yet.

I made a small mistake, but I can prove my role easily enough.

You're more likely to be role blocked or flat out killed. Not to mention, it seem highly probably that you could be mafia, and know that the odds are in favor that at least 1 of the 3 people randomly choosen would be a mafia brother who can back your claim, or at least try to convince the town that one of them are mafia so that you could take a townie down with you.

Like Innomen said, you could be jester, but I don't think that is likely. I think that unless something comes up, we should either lynch Logic, or go with a no lynch. I don't really trust his plan, but it is something to get the game moving in DP2.

He doesn't sound as noob as i thought. I'm not sure of a lynch if it's investigator, but my feeling that he's guilty from that statement weighs more than if he's a jester. I just don't know what that statement could mean - "i hope i didn't do anything fatal". - I know that feeling of posting in the wrong PM.

Well, it also seems weird that his plan would involve working around a framer, but a roleblocker is not being considered (I believe a roleblocker is a far more common mafia role).

It is also worth pointing out that usually the framer only effects the guilty/not guilty investigations (I could be wrong though), and so, unless Logic is cop, a framer is not really going to matter (while a role blocker will).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 10:17:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 10:17:03 AM, Danielle wrote:
Logic should character claim now, considering he nearly role claimed anyway.

True.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 10:51:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 10:45:25 AM, Koopin wrote:
Why does everyone think DDO is the only place to play mafia?

No idea. The game is certainly older than the internet.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 11:12:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 10:45:25 AM, Koopin wrote:
Why does everyone think DDO is the only place to play mafia?

because it is the only "fun" place to play, lol.

Anyway, I prefer to play with the people from DDO.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 11:18:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/22/2011 10:17:13 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/22/2011 10:12:10 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/22/2011 10:06:25 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/22/2011 4:19:02 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Okay, obviously my mistake is causing major suspicion on me, although I gave reasons in my previous post. To clear things up somewhat I have a testable role - an investigative one. Here's what I propose - the town picks 3 suspects for me to choose from for my investigation - this way the Mafia only has a 1/3 of fooling me if they have a framer. I pick one and reveal my results the next DP. Obviously, I don't want to reveal what type of cop I am just yet.

Also, FYI, being in a different time zone means that it might be some time before I seem to react to pressure, so don't lynch immediately if this isn't 100% convincing. Finally, my role is extremely easy to discern from my character, so I won't character claim just yet.

I made a small mistake, but I can prove my role easily enough.

You're more likely to be role blocked or flat out killed. Not to mention, it seem highly probably that you could be mafia, and know that the odds are in favor that at least 1 of the 3 people randomly choosen would be a mafia brother who can back your claim, or at least try to convince the town that one of them are mafia so that you could take a townie down with you.

Like Innomen said, you could be jester, but I don't think that is likely. I think that unless something comes up, we should either lynch Logic, or go with a no lynch. I don't really trust his plan, but it is something to get the game moving in DP2.

He doesn't sound as noob as i thought. I'm not sure of a lynch if it's investigator, but my feeling that he's guilty from that statement weighs more than if he's a jester. I just don't know what that statement could mean - "i hope i didn't do anything fatal". - I know that feeling of posting in the wrong PM.

Well, it also seems weird that his plan would involve working around a framer, but a roleblocker is not being considered (I believe a roleblocker is a far more common mafia role).

It is also worth pointing out that usually the framer only effects the guilty/not guilty investigations (I could be wrong though), and so, unless Logic is cop, a framer is not really going to matter (while a role blocker will).

noobs aren't so up on framers. How often is the framer role used? He might be exposed to a framer if he is mafia. I'm keeping my vote on him.