6. nonentity
7. Nags
8. Vi
9. Danielle
10. OreEle
11. Mongeese (replaced xxdarkxx)
12. lovelife

DEAD PLAYERS:

Koopin: Resurrection Stone: You are a tiny rock with the power to communicate with the dead. You may choose one (and only one) player that has died to ask who killed them, and your answer will be correct. It is extremely dangerous to use your power, though, as you run a 25% chance of dying the next NP. You win with the town.

Thaddeus
: Argus Filch: Hated Townie
You are the foul Filch, hated by everyone. It takes one less vote to lynch you. You win with the town.

7 votes needed to lynch. DP ends at 10 pm CST Saturday.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 10:06:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, let's start this day phase off. OreEle is town.

Reason for choosing OreEle - I liked the idea of potentially having a few confirmed players nearer towards the end of the game. Also, Mafia are unlikely to kill powerless players. Also, I was very suspicious of Lovelife, but I thought she might be vig killed or something and didn't want to double up 2 of the most powerful roles on 1 person.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 10:14:49 PM
I'm going to be a terrible moderator and ignore you all for at least two hours; Mel and the crew of the Serenity are adrift without life-support, and I'm going to finish this episode and the next before checking back in to see how you are doing. If the pages begin to pile up, could someone keep a running votecount for me, please?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 10:30:00 PM
At 3/24/2011 10:22:05 PM, nonentity wrote:
Hopefully the inactives chime in this time, especially if you're town. Mafia love inactives, and it only helps us >.<

Agreed. In-actives, (or those who replaced them), let's hear your analysis, opinions etc.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 10:59:23 PM
i read every single post and was pretty pissed off due to random talking that i had to read through.

In terms of analysis I'm pretty positive that lovelife is townie as she didn't really keep her cool when danielle was pressing her. Seems like a townie reaction. I thought oreele was jester by some chance but he's town so good job on that investigation because i was pretty suspicious of him.

I'm thinking we have a serial killer and not a vig because thaddeus and koopin didn't seem that suspicious because they didn't really post a lot. So we either have a noob vig or a serial killer

That's about all for my analysis. Also Vi was pretty inactive, is her claim of being busy legit Lwerd?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:03:02 PM
At 3/24/2011 10:59:23 PM, askbob wrote:
i read every single post and was pretty pissed off due to random talking that i had to read through.

In terms of analysis I'm pretty positive that lovelife is townie as she didn't really keep her cool when danielle was pressing her. Seems like a townie reaction. I thought oreele was jester by some chance but he's town so good job on that investigation because i was pretty suspicious of him.

I'm thinking we have a serial killer and not a vig because thaddeus and koopin didn't seem that suspicious because they didn't really post a lot. So we either have a noob vig or a serial killer

That's about all for my analysis. Also Vi was pretty inactive, is her claim of being busy legit Lwerd?

I don't get what happened to the vig killing lovelife. Especially if it was a serial killer, that player would want to pretend to be vig and would be even more likely to follow town's recommendation.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:10:58 PM
At 3/24/2011 11:03:02 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I don't get what happened to the vig killing lovelife. Especially if it was a serial killer, that player would want to pretend to be vig and would be even more likely to follow town's recommendation.

Definitely strange. Neither Thad or Koopin seemed like the sort of players that would have been my first choice to kill. If we have a vig I really have to question their actions. As for a serial killer, Bluesteel raises a good point. My only guess is that the killer wanted to hit Mafia people. Still, since I've never played in a game with a serial killer, I'm not one to talk.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:43:48 PM
It's impossible for me to believe that there are three vanillas and a hated townie. If the vig won't take care of it, VTL lovelife
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2011 11:55:39 PM
3 vanillas + hated townie? No chance is such a small game of only 14 players. Even 2 vanillas and a hated townie seems unlikely, short of a powerful town line up with the remaining members. Since I got town on OreEle, I'm wondering about Lovelife and Badger, given Thad's role. Plus, I've still got suspicions from yesterday.

VTL Lovelife
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 12:15:49 AM
I do think it was odd that Lovelife used a character claim that can lean on Badger's. Also, as I stated last DP, I think I know a way to confirm further Townie claims. I'll explain when necessary (for anyone suspicious of me, just remember the Fairytale Mafia game - this is the same sorta thing).

Before I make any votes, did anyone else get any info?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 12:16:52 AM
At 3/24/2011 11:10:58 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 3/24/2011 11:03:02 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Definitely strange. Neither Thad or Koopin seemed like the sort of players that would have been my first choice to kill. If we have a vig I really have to question their actions. As for a serial killer, Bluesteel raises a good point. My only guess is that the killer wanted to hit Mafia people. Still, since I've never played in a game with a serial killer, I'm not one to talk.

Same with not playing with a serial killer. Would make this doubly tough for town though. This is a question for the veterans: How do we go about handling serial killers?

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 12:18:31 AM
@ above

Adding to my last post, would Serial Killers kill every night or be like Vig's and kill every other night (like I see often in these games)?

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 4:29:32 AM
I don't get this either, silly choices for both the vig and mafia. Does every game have a vig? Maybe Chrys opted out the vig for a serial killer so there wouldn't be too many night kills. vig + serial killer + mafia = three kills per night, and maybe that's too much. Or we have a retarded vig and stupid mafia.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:14:55 AM
In terms of analysis I'm pretty positive that lovelife is townie as she didn't really keep her cool when danielle was pressing her.

This is what happened. Out of nowhere, Lovelife said she wanted to kill me because I posted that I didn't know anything about Harry Potter. Seeing as that's obviously a dumb a$s reason to vtl me (especially on dp1), I just voted her right back as sort of an lol. I didn't think anything would come of it. However her retarded excuse made OTHER people pressure her, and I suggested that the vig just kill her. Otherwise I wasn't "pressuring" her at all.

Also, gut hunch says badger is mafia. Vote Badger.

Also Vi was pretty inactive, is her claim of being busy legit Lwerd?

Yes, but she was inactive a lot in the past 2 games and she was mafia. So I dunno if being inactive when she's mafia is just her new thing or not. But yeah she IS pretty busy, so I dunno.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:16:20 AM
I have no idea why everyone is believing badger the most with his vanilla claim. We think based on lovelife's actions/behavior that she's town, and we now know that OreEle is town. I think badger completely played off his "Oh yeah I'm vanilla too" thing. Plus lovelife tested him yesterday by asking about his role PM and he got it wrong in comparison to hers. I dunno... huge gut hunch. I'd much rather vtl badger than lovelife.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 9:59:28 AM
At 3/25/2011 6:40:35 AM, mongeese wrote:
Could someone post the past role-claims, please?

Vote to lynch lovelife

OreEle - Cedric - Vanilla (confirmed as townie by un-CC'd cop)
Logic - Sorting Hat - Cop (believed cop due to no CC)
Badger - Duddley - Vanilla
Lovelife - Vern - Vanilla
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:00:43 AM
Mongoose, have you not read through the last DP (understandable, given the number of posts and how many were about the movies/book, rather than the mafia game)?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:06:13 AM
Reason I didn't think badger was is because he was the first one to believe OreEle and say his pm matched oreeles that it didn't specifically state he was a townie.

I didn't read closely enough to see that she wanted to lynch you because you didn't read the book. I at least want an explanation from lovelife why she would just VTL ou just for that.

vote to lynch lovelife
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:13:21 AM
At 3/25/2011 10:06:13 AM, askbob wrote:
Reason I didn't think badger was is because he was the first one to believe OreEle and say his pm matched oreeles that it didn't specifically state he was a townie.

I didn't read closely enough to see that she wanted to lynch you because you didn't read the book. I at least want an explanation from lovelife why she would just VTL ou just for that.

vote to lynch lovelife

she also said that her role stated that she had "no unique abilities" (or something like that, but I pointed out that mine says that I have "no special powers," Badger also mentioned "powers" (though I don't think he said "special").

VTL Lovelife
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:33:44 AM

Oh yeah, because it's so hard for the mafia to say "No way! Mine says that too!"

I have a gut hunch about badger, but I'll probably vote lovelife since I highly doubt I'll be able to convince anybody otherwise. Just note askbob's hypocrisy in saying he believed lovelife was townie yesterday, and then once I voted badger only THEN did he suddenly believe badger's claim over lovelife's.

If lovelife is innocent, there's no reason not to lynch badger tomorrow. If badger is guilty, huge FOS on askbob.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:35:46 AM
At 3/25/2011 10:33:44 AM, Danielle wrote:

Oh yeah, because it's so hard for the mafia to say "No way! Mine says that too!"

I have a gut hunch about badger, but I'll probably vote lovelife since I highly doubt I'll be able to convince anybody otherwise. Just note askbob's hypocrisy in saying he believed lovelife was townie yesterday, and then once I voted badger only THEN did he suddenly believe badger's claim over lovelife's.

If lovelife is innocent, there's no reason not to lynch badger tomorrow. If badger is guilty, huge FOS on askbob.

If Badger is guilty, why would he have CC'd a vanilla claim? I can understand claiming doctor to try to out the real one for the benefit of the mafia, but vanilla?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:42:14 AM
At 3/25/2011 10:35:46 AM, OreEle wrote:
If Badger is guilty, why would he have CC'd a vanilla claim? I can understand claiming doctor to try to out the real one for the benefit of the mafia, but vanilla?

Exactly. You wouldn't suspect the mafia to CC vanilla would you.

Suppose badger IS mafia. Right now you don't want to vote for him, right? So I'd say the plan worked. Another possible scenario is that you would have been lynched yesterday based on his CC. By agreeing to have the same PM as you, it seems he's really vanilla like you. That way even upon your death, his vanilla-ness would be "confirmed." That's probably why he kept saying he believed you.

I dunno. As I said, this is a gut hunch. My gut hunch is dope but I don't expect that to be evidence enough for anyone else.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:44:15 AM
At 3/25/2011 10:42:14 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/25/2011 10:35:46 AM, OreEle wrote:

Exactly. You wouldn't suspect the mafia to CC vanilla would you.

Suppose badger IS mafia. Right now you don't want to vote for him, right? So I'd say the plan worked. Another possible scenario is that you would have been lynched yesterday based on his CC. By agreeing to have the same PM as you, it seems he's really vanilla like you. That way even upon your death, his vanilla-ness would be "confirmed." That's probably why he kept saying he believed you.

I dunno. As I said, this is a gut hunch. My gut hunch is dope but I don't expect that to be evidence enough for anyone else.

Except that he was the first one to point out the use of the word "powers," which seemed to indicate that he knew the role and likely had the same role (I will go back and double check that).
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2011 10:44:35 AM
At 3/25/2011 10:36:59 AM, OreEle wrote:
Right now, LL is 5/7 and Badger is 1/7

Every mafioso is alive. The fact that so many people are just rushing to lynch lovelife only tells me even further that she's not mafia. To me it indicates jester more than mafia, but whatevs.
President of DDO