Jump to topic:

"News" Anchor Mafia - DP1

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 3:42:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Standard rules. No screen-printing. No copy/pasting from your role PM. You may copy/paste from all PM's EXCEPT your role PM. You may also start a PM with anyone you like but must include me in it. If you have any questions, ask me via your role PM. But again, you may not copy/paste my responses from the role PM. Remember: you may not c/p from the role PM, but any other PM is fair game.

Votes only count if made in the game thread.

Format for starting a PM: add whomever you like to the PM, but you MUST add me as well. The subject line should be in the following format: your name, "NM discussion," and the number of the PM you have created (#1 if it's the first PM you've created, #2 if the second, etc).

Example: "Danielle NM discussion #1"

This is to avoid confusion on all our parts.

ADVICE: mafia, be VERY careful about which PM you are posting in. Double-check each time.

Active Players
1. M.Torres
2. Askbob
3. Koopin
4. innomen
5. Danielle
6. tvellalott
7. darkkermit
8. m93samman
9. lovelife
10. Thaddeus
11. LeafRod
12. badger

DP ends Monday @ 10 pm CST.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 3:55:00 PM
So i get the relationship between my character and my role pretty clearly enough, and bluesteel's politics aren't as apparent to me as others here, but i am thinking that he is no friend of Fox, so i wouldn't doubt that conservative media is mafia - although that might be too easy.

BTW, i don't think my character is technically an "anchor".

in case of lie detector - i win with the town.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 3:59:28 PM
At 3/26/2011 3:55:00 PM, innomen wrote:
So i get the relationship between my character and my role pretty clearly enough, and bluesteel's politics aren't as apparent to me as others here, but i am thinking that he is no friend of Fox, so i wouldn't doubt that conservative media is mafia - although that might be too easy.

ye might figure my role from my character.

i too win with the town.
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:01:14 PM
At 3/26/2011 3:59:28 PM, badger wrote:

ye might figure my role from my character.

i too win with the town.

Not enough players on line atm.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:16:01 PM
I will try to be as active as possible through my phone (just my usual "sporadic activity" warning).

Are we gonna randomly pressure, wait for Danielle to pressure n00bs (lol), or will we just VTNL?

I'll No Lynch, for now, until more info is revealed. It is interesting, the whole PM thing. Means we may be able to get actual legit info on DP1 rather than just being TOTALLY lost.

And double-checking Blue, we CAN copy/paste/screenprint our PMs (not our role-PMs) to this forum? Is there a limit to how many people can be in the PM?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:17:08 PM

Doesn't look so clear-cut (liberal news v. conservative news) according to my PM.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:17:38 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:16:15 PM, innomen wrote:
I imagine there will be less posts on this thread if there are PM's flying back and forth.

Yeah, except I'm sure this forum will serve as the hub for posting PMs for public to see.

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:19:14 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:16:01 PM, M.Torres wrote:

And double-checking Blue, we CAN copy/paste/screenprint our PMs (not our role-PMs) to this forum? Is there a limit to how many people can be in the PM?

No screenprinting anything. You may copy/paste from non-role PM's. There is no limit to how many people can be in a PM. Anywhere from one to all 12 players.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:19:26 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:17:08 PM, M.Torres wrote:

Doesn't look so clear-cut (liberal news v. conservative news) according to my PM.

Why is that not clear cut?
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:22:34 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:19:26 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/26/2011 4:17:08 PM, M.Torres wrote:

Why is that not clear cut?

In regards of role to allegiance. Though maybe its just my lack of knowledge of news anchors?

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:25:12 PM
i'm anderson cooper.. the bulletproof..

anyone who counter claims that is mafia or the jester..

i've an idea.

rather than pressuring people this np.. how about we just straight no lynch..
and have everyone character and role claim to me.. i should be able to figure out who's telling the truth and who's not.. hopefully? :) and i could present what i've found to the investigative roles or kill roles.. and then they could also present their information to the town through me.. it's really the best idea if you think about it..

also.. we shouldn't vote no lynch until i've all the roles.. and maybe we mightn't even no lynch once i have them?

so what do ye think?
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:27:09 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:25:12 PM, badger wrote:
i'm anderson cooper.. the bulletproof..

anyone who counter claims that is mafia or the jester..

i've an idea.

rather than pressuring people this np.. how about we just straight no lynch..
and have everyone character and role claim to me.. i should be able to figure out who's telling the truth and who's not.. hopefully? :) and i could present what i've found to the investigative roles or kill roles.. and then they could also present their information to the town through me.. it's really the best idea if you think about it..

also.. we shouldn't vote no lynch until i've all the roles.. and maybe we mightn't even no lynch once i have them?

so what do ye think?

Waitwut?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:29:37 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:28:28 PM, badger wrote:
i could of course give the town all the character and roles and just not tell them who they belong to.

Or you could be mafia, and this would be a nice plan for them.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:30:24 PM
i could of course give the town all the character and roles and just not tell them who they belong to.

which is probably a better idea.. and that way ye'd know i wasn't fvcking with ye too.. you know.. if the role and character you claimed comes up you should stay quiet about me being suspicious for twisting.. and if the majority stays quiet it mean i've most likely given a legit account of what i've learned from the pms, right?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:31:36 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:29:37 PM, innomen wrote:

Or you could be mafia, and this would be a nice plan for them.

i could indeed. we can have me investigated first if ye would like. we've all the time in the world.. that'd just mean no lynching this day phase..
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:33:15 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:30:24 PM, badger wrote:

which is probably a better idea.. and that way ye'd know i wasn't fvcking with ye too.. you know.. if the role and character you claimed comes up you should stay quiet about me being suspicious for twisting.. and if the majority stays quiet it mean i've most likely given a legit account of what i've learned from the pms, right?

It's not a bad idea, but EVERYTHING would hinge on you. Now as much as we all love you, you aren't known for your dependability. You were just lynched in the other game, and you weren't even there to defend yourself.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:34:17 PM
my dude does crazy sh1t like swimming with sharks and going to violent protests in egypt and that kinda thing.. hence bulletproof..

trusting me would much benefit the town :)

none of us should claim, in the main thread anyway.
signature
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:34:26 PM
@ Bager

Lolwut?

You serious, man? Just give you all our roles?? You expect us to trust you enough for that? Who's to say none of us are lying? What if no one listens? How the heck do we hold you accountable?etc?

Seems a little hard to pull-off.

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:36:25 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:34:26 PM, M.Torres wrote:
@ Bager

Lolwut?

You serious, man? Just give you all our roles?? You expect us to trust you enough for that? Who's to say none of us are lying? What if no one listens? How the heck do we hold you accountable?etc?

i did say have me investigated first if ye wish.. i'm sure we'll be able to come to some decision on whether we should or not this day phase though? no counter claim means i'm good, right?
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:38:56 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:36:25 PM, badger wrote:
@ Bager

Lolwut?

i did say have me investigated first if ye wish.. i'm sure we'll be able to come to some decision on whether we should or not this day phase though? no counter claim means i'm good, right?

Mafia could counter claim and set you up nice for a lynch. Trying to get everyone to claim is bad for suspicion.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:42:13 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:38:56 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/26/2011 4:36:25 PM, badger wrote:
@ Bager

Lolwut?

Mafia could counter claim and set you up nice for a lynch. Trying to get everyone to claim is bad for suspicion.

innomen, you role claimed to me there like two minutes ago...
signature
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:44:21 PM

you are a dumbass badger. If you are a bulletproof the point is to shut up about it and make yourself seem like a great role so the mafia attempts to kill you and you block their nightkill
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:45:48 PM
At 3/26/2011 4:44:21 PM, askbob wrote:

you are a dumbass badger. If you are a bulletproof the point is to shut up about it and make yourself seem like a great role so the mafia attempts to kill you and you block their nightkill

so you haven't realised that this is a completely different game then? room for much more strategy :)
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:49:14 PM

i was thinking about trying to deduce who might have an important role and pretty much swapping roles with them.. but i thought this might be a better idea :) i'd be protecting so many more people.
signature
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 4:50:23 PM

Too late for that.