6. Nags
7. Vi
8. Danielle
9. OreEle
10. Mongeese (replaced xxdarkxx)
12. lovelife

DEAD PLAYERS:

Nonentity: Jester: Third Party
You are the Golden Snitch. You are an annoying golden orb that tends to hold up Quidditch games. Unlike normal Jesters, your goal is to hold off getting lynched for a little while. Get within two votes of being lynched on two separate DP's, and you win, even if you are subsequently lynched. You are third party, of course, and will come up guilty upon investigation.

Koopin: Resurrection Stone: Town

Thaddeus: Argus Filch: Hated Townie

6 votes needed to lynch. DP ends at 12 pm CST Monday.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 10:49:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, I got the strangest investigation result - I investigated Lovelife and got town! That means 3 vanilla townies + a hated townie, if both my investigations were right and Badger was a vanilla, like he said he was. Since I don't believe we have 4 powerless townies, I think I've stumbled across a Godfather somewhere.

Also, I investigated Lovelife because I was scared of a jester win, although now the jester is gone, which is good. Also, this lack of a second kill makes me wonder quite a bit - did the Mafia kill get blocked, do we have a regular vig? etc. Because I'm wondering as to the Mafia's choice of kill. If I were Mafia Nonentity wouldn't have been my first target.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:11:13 PM
We shouldn't have two vanillas and a hated. That would be ridiculous. The thing is, without an investigative role besides the cop, we can't decide which of our vanillas is actually Mafia. We could kill both (the townie is vanilla, after all).
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:23:03 PM
This game is really confusing. I don't get what's going on with the vig/SK. I really thought lovelife would be killed last NP.

If either of the two are godfather, it'd definitely be lovelife. OreEle was willing to lynch himself at one point to help the town out, as to not waste an investigation. That seems pretty far to go out on a limb as godfather. Lovelife, on the other hand, randomly started flipping out on danielle then claimed vanilla with no pressure on her. She definitely seems like she wanted to be investigated.

I dunno. Going with lovelife seems like a good choice. But stranger things have happened than having multiple vanillas in a game.

Chrys - can we get badger's full role description?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:27:21 PM
Oh wait, nice! Badger is listed among the living players. I wonder if he wasn't really vanilla? A lynch-proof role? Or was he resurrected?

Badger, tell us what the real deal was with your role, unless there's some benefit to keeping it secret still.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2011 11:48:28 PM
I'm sorry; made a mistake with the "living players" list.

Badger is dead.

Badger: Dudley Dursley: You are an annoying, spoiled, worthless, fat Muggle; but you're better than some, if only by not being capable of psychopathic mass-murder. You win with the town.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 12:45:31 AM
At 3/26/2011 11:48:28 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
I'm sorry; made a mistake with the "living players" list.

Badger is dead.

Badger: Dudley Dursley: You are an annoying, spoiled, worthless, fat Muggle; but you're better than some, if only by not being capable of psychopathic mass-murder. You win with the town.

That's not how my PM was....wtf.

I'm town mother fvckers. If only chrys believed in lie detectors.

Any other way you want to confirm me is fine, but guess what, I'M TELLING THE TRUTH. I tried to clear badger LONG ago.

Oh and I did vtl myself at one point. Nice straws.

FOS on bluesteel. Especially if I die.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:04:10 AM
Vote bluesteel for character claim, though I do think OreEle or Lovelife may be guilty. I just don't see the point in having 3 vanillas (and did someone say somebody claimed hated townie? If so, who???) -- unless having a mass character claim would just be too revealing; i.e., only the very main characters all be left.
President of DDO
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:06:59 AM
This most recent investigation is really (emphasis on this) making me confused. I could maybe, just maybe except 2 vanillas and a hated townie, in exchange for an ultra powerful town otherwise and a lame mafia, but 3 (!) vanillas AND a hated townie? What the heck?

The main reason I investigated Lovelife was to try and prevent a jester victory (Thought she was Mafia or Jester) , but town completely shocked me. I really wished that all the vanillas hadn't revealed on DP 1. Now all the power roles don't want to out themselves, because they fear that it will mean that Mafia know nearly every role. Meanwhile I'm shooting in the dark at straws (especially given this latest investigation) .

Also, what the heck is happening vig/serial killer wise? If Non was a vig/serial killer kill (I doubt Mafia would have killed her) , then who was the Mafia targeting? This has me rather confused. Nevertheless, I think we need to pressure someone. A lot of people aren't helping much.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:21:47 AM
At 3/27/2011 1:17:34 AM, Danielle wrote:
Logic, who claimed hated townie?

*points Danielle toward OP*
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:26:30 AM
At 3/27/2011 1:21:47 AM, Chrysippus wrote:

*points Danielle toward OP*

I still don't see it...

Also, Lovelife is more suspicious than OreEle for sure, so after a bit I wouldn't mind lynching her today if we get no other incriminating evidence.
President of DDO
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:58:35 AM

As Chrys said, view opening post. Thaddeus was discovered as hated townie DP 2, after dying NP 1. He didn't actually claim the role while alive, but his death rather confirms his role, given the mod, Chrys, has said so himself.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 2:09:52 AM
Having re-read Bluesteel's earlier post this day phase (because people want him to character claim and are getting suspicious) , I noticed that he didn't seem to be quite as confused at the prospect of so many vanillas as he should have been. While his comment might well be true (I haven't played too many games) , 4 players with vanilla level powers or below in a game size of 14 is pushing it.

If we assumed 4 vanillas (which is a really stupid assumption at this point) we get the following from the original 14:

4 vanillas
2 known townies (myself, Koopin,)
1 (or 2) third party (Jester, maybe serial killer, although questionable)
3/4 Mafia (more likely 3, in the case of 3 or 4 vanillas; balance)
4 other townies with powers

At the moment the only info we've got coming in is my investigations. And since we have so many vanillas, I'm guessing the other townie powers are pretty powerful. I also think we need more information. So in the need of a character reveal:

VTL Bluesteel
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 3:00:36 AM
I really think I know how to confirm roles now (without investigation, just based on claim).

With that said, if Bluesteel is pressured and reveals, I might reveal my theory. Besides that, not much more to go off of.

ALSO, why is this Vig thing so confusing to you guys?? It was NP2. From what I've seen, Vig's normally get kills every other night, so I'm assuming that the Nonentity kill was Mafia.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 5:15:43 AM
I did not see this coming, and boy was i wrong. I would have bet the house on LL being jester. I do not accept 4 vanilla's it's just wrong. Unless Chrys is just messing with us, i just don't see it.

That being said, i think LL looks more suspicious than before. I thought she was just an annoying jester, now she's ruled out as being hated townie, so i really think she looks the most suspicious atm. OreEle may have played the first DP really well and is mafia, but i don't think so.

VTL Lovelife.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 8:58:09 AM
My biggest suspicions are bluesteel, innomen and Vi for reasons I will explain some other time. I have a hard time believing the mafia would fake claim a THIRD vanilla on day phase 1 (as that is practically suicide), though I don't mind lynching her to check now that we know she's not jester. However, I would like other people to at least claim, starting with bluesteel.
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:18:50 AM
i would be pretty surprised if lovelife wasn't godfather at this point, i don't know my guesses haven't been too correct this game.

lovelife could you at least explain/defend why you randomly wanted to lynch danielle for not knowing the book? I think innomen or OreEle said the exact same thing, so why choose danielle?

I think it would probably help us out to at least have one more townie claim this day phase as the mafia probably know that the non-vanillas have decent roles anyway.

Vote to lynch bluesteel
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 11:53:31 AM
The pressure on me makes absolutely no sense... If I was mafia and everyone else was down to lynch lovelife, who I knew to be town, why wouldn't I just go along with it, rather than being more cautious? I used two vanillas and a hated in my game of 8. I was just saying it's not unheard of.

w/e I'm Hermione Granger. I doubt logic is mafia, but it's quite possible the other people pressuring me are, since they'd be searching for role clues and more solid fake character claims.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 12:07:21 PM
At 3/27/2011 11:53:31 AM, bluesteel wrote:
w/e I'm Hermione Granger. I doubt logic is mafia, but it's quite possible the other people pressuring me are, since they'd be searching for role clues and more solid fake character claims.

No, I'm going based on who helped vote for badger as some of them are inevitably going to be mafia (probably excited that I started the lynch, as they could shift responsibility). I won't get into detail about how I narrowed down the list until necessary, but I'd like to hear claims from Vi and innomen (at least characters). Vi got called outta work today so no more of this "I'm busy" excuse. Yes, she is legitimately busy, but in the past 2 games she was mafia and used this to her advantage. Right now she's home with not much to do today, so... Unvote, Vote Vi I guess because I dunno next time innomen will be online.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 12:31:16 PM
I voted for badger because it seemed the most logical decision of the vanillas. I believed OreEle in his last plea when he thought he was lynched in DP1, and i was incredibly convinced that LL was jester. I still am really skeptical of the number of vanillas.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 12:49:25 PM
At 3/27/2011 12:47:57 PM, Danielle wrote:
Vi was online 2 hours ago. It seems she's excessively lurking at this point.

Are you with her? Is she legit busy, or otherwise?
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:15:59 PM
Not sure about the Hermione claim, to be honest, but like I said I can't know for sure, I just have reason to disbelieve that claim.

And now we're back to random pressure?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:48:17 PM
Hermione is so obviously in the game. I think M.Torres is grasping at straws, trying to get FOS to shift back to me to get my role. I don't think outing everyone this DP is the right approach.

I say VTL lovelife then have logic check out Vi and vig kill Torres, if we have a vig
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:49:36 PM
At 3/27/2011 11:18:50 AM, askbob wrote:
i would be pretty surprised if lovelife wasn't godfather at this point, i don't know my guesses haven't been too correct this game.

I'm not.

lovelife could you at least explain/defend why you randomly wanted to lynch danielle for not knowing the book? I think innomen or OreEle said the exact same thing, so why choose danielle?

She stuck out the most this game. Plus since people follow her SOO very closely, and not the other two, it was more dangerous.

Maybe it was foolish, but she seemed to have the power to lead us wrong this whole game, as clueless, or as mafia. Still a pretty bad threat.

I think it would probably help us out to at least have one more townie claim this day phase as the mafia probably know that the non-vanillas have decent roles anyway.

Vote to lynch bluesteel
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2011 1:57:02 PM
Don't kill me until we investigate the other vanilla, and then sort through similarities and differences in our role message.

Mine said that I am a muggle and there is nothing at all magical about me, thus I have no role.

Its diff than badgers that's for sure but its the truth.

Oh and what's more plausible, if one of us had to be vanilla, would it be the one that

1) is connected to a KNOWN vanilla
or 2) Some other guy that doesn't fit with any pattern.

I don't think he's guilty but if he is he's likely gf.

I believe the hermione claim, and think its really scummy forpeople to be all "idk about that..."

I mean come on, hermione HAS to be in this game.