Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

"News" Mafia - DP3

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 9:06:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dead Players

darkkermit - You are Keith Olbermann – in a segment on your former show Countdown, you were always able to identify the "worst person in the world." Each night, you may investigate one player. You win with the town.

m93samman - You are Jon Stewart – Conservative pundits, particularly O'Reilly, claim that young people actually get their news from your show; even though you are supposedly a comedy program, you do a great deal of fact checking on the right-wing and are good at identifying lies. http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com... You are the lie detector. Each NP, submit one statement to test, with the link to the statement from the game thread or identify the PM the statement is from. You win with the town.

Alive Players
1. M.Torres
2. innomen
3. LaissezFaire
4. lovelife
5. Thaddeus
6. LeafRod
7. badger

It takes 4 votes to lynch.

DP ends on Friday @ 8pm CST.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 9:16:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 9:15:50 PM, lovelife wrote:
Holy fvck badger deceived us all :(

I assume. He told me that he knew for a fact that kermit was lying about being blocked. I'm sorry froggy.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 9:18:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 9:15:50 PM, lovelife wrote:
Holy fvck badger deceived us all :(

This is how I feel. I'll post more once I talk to Lovelife. What the hell?!
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 9:26:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
badger
I've no reason to trust you really you know lovelife :) besides that i think the mafia wouldn't have known that little story bit was gonna come up and might've thought thad the best choice because of this.. what with him being the most confirmed, least major.

vote for kermit. he claims to have been role blocked. this is false. koopin was one shot doctor. he protected himself last night and thus must've been role blocked.

you claim this to the town.

and that bit you said about there already being heat on you.

as another reason i'm kinda trusting you.

lovelife

Hmmm. that's interesting.

I trust you because of koopin's deal yesterday about the doctor. I haven't heard from a doctor, and koopin is innocent. While mafia might like your knowledge they would most likely assume that we would figure out if you switched sides and would lynch you anyway.

badger

go vote for kermit and tell the town what i told you please.

well say nothing.. i just want your vote on kermit.

say nothing. before it's too late :)

just please place your vote on kermit.

lovelife

Okay I did. Sorry I was going to right after but then I was called to talk about dinner and stuff

badger

now keep it there til further notice please :)

lovelife

Okay...?

badger

i've a plan :)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 9:29:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vtl badger

I want info as to what exactly was going on, buddy.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 10:44:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Badger - you are such a dirty little manipulator. This is bullsh!t man.

VTL Badger

I TOLD you I'd do this in our PM if you were wrong. And it just so happens we lose our actual Cop and Lie Detector? No way Badger. This is crap.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 10:52:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/30/2011 10:44:14 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Badger - you are such a dirty little manipulator. This is bullsh!t man.

VTL Badger

I TOLD you I'd do this in our PM if you were wrong. And it just so happens we lose our actual Cop and Lie Detector? No way Badger. This is crap.

Exactly.

The mafia killed the lie detector. And who knew who the lie detector was?
Badger.

Sorry but the whole JOAT suspicion that kermit had, plus the lie detector being killed. No. The odds are not in your favor. Not anymore.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 10:58:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. M.Torres- low suspicion
2. innomen- very low suspicion
3. LaissezFaire- suspicious
4. lovelife- (prefer not to rate due to possible bias)
5. Thaddeus- suspicious
6. LeafRod- suspicious
7. badger- suspicious.

LF, Thad, LR, badger.

It is not thad AND badger, of that I'm sure.

So it would really be LF, LR, badger/thad.

I want bader to tell us what happened and why he said that kermit was 100% mafia.
Vig on thad I'd say.
LF and LR are just mafia. I'm sure of that.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 11:12:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
LYNCH-0-TRON

BADGER - 2/4 - (lovelife, M.Torres)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 11:15:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And I trusted him. Must've been converted--he'd be the obvious choice.

VTL badger
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 11:16:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Avengeeee meeeeeeeee

and badger, if you turn out to be mafia I'm referring to you as the double crosser from here on out
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 1:50:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
well m.torres counter claimed investigator.. and darkkermit claimed to have been roleblocked when i was assuming koopin must've been.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 1:58:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 1:52:10 AM, badger wrote:
and the mafia knew well and good who everyone was i'd imagine. i got a bit cocky.

i was kinda being fairly bold in asking them in the main thread to come talk with me in private, i suppose. got a bit cocky you know..

but anyway, i'm wondering what torres has to say..

he said he'd investigate thaddeus this night phase. have him role claim to ye.
signature
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:00:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
unvote for now
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:42:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 1:58:53 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/31/2011 1:52:10 AM, badger wrote:
and the mafia knew well and good who everyone was i'd imagine. i got a bit cocky.

i was kinda being fairly bold in asking them in the main thread to come talk with me in private, i suppose. got a bit cocky you know..

but anyway, i'm wondering what torres has to say..

he said he'd investigate thaddeus this night phase. have him role claim to ye.

I said that if the cop couldn't confirm you as town today, I regard you as mafia. This looks impossible.
Also to Lovelife; Honestly why would the mafia choose me over you or Badger?
Sure I'd be regarded as less likely, but doesn't really outweigh the massively huge gigantic benefit of knowing who everyone is. You would be less likely than Badger because they can't night kill him, so it would be better to recruit him.
Also what happened at night (two investigatives dead) is incredibly suspicious. Furthermore, he changed the plan. The vig was to get Leafrod, who was to copy badger. Seeing as this did not happen I believe that this is beyond reasonable doubt
VTL Badger
M.torres is likely mafia too if he claims to have investigated me.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:49:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
badger
I've no reason to trust you really you know lovelife :) besides that i think the mafia wouldn't have known that little story bit was gonna come up and might've thought thad the best choice because of this.. what with him being the most confirmed, least major.

Either retarded or mafia. Knowledge>>>>> Having someone confirmed, especially when a conversion automatically unconfirms everyone

vote for kermit. he claims to have been role blocked. this is false. koopin was one shot doctor. he protected himself last night and thus must've been role blocked.

Very dodgy.

you claim this to the town.


and that bit you said about there already being heat on you.


as another reason i'm kinda trusting you.

lovelife

Hmmm. that's interesting.

I trust you because of koopin's deal yesterday about the doctor. I haven't heard from a doctor, and koopin is innocent. While mafia might like your knowledge they would most likely assume that we would figure out if you switched sides and would lynch you anyway.

badger

go vote for kermit and tell the town what i told you please.


well say nothing.. i just want your vote on kermit.


say nothing. before it's too late :)


just please place your vote on kermit.

lovelife

Okay I did. Sorry I was going to right after but then I was called to talk about dinner and stuff

badger

now keep it there til further notice please :)

lovelife

Okay...?

badger

i've a plan :)
I would not trust this plan at all. It hasn't done us well so far.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:56:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The politician's power has been activated. Badger has been lynched.

Game over. Mafia wins.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:04:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 2:56:02 AM, bluesteel wrote:
The politician's power has been activated. Badger has been lynched.

Game over. Mafia wins.

It was lovelife?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:06:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 2:56:02 AM, bluesteel wrote:
The politician's power has been activated. Badger has been lynched.

Game over. Mafia wins.

Also OP mafia, 2 mislynches, with 1 correct lynch = game over?
That means that had we mislynched on the first day the game would have been over.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 11:20:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
yeah too bad i didn't do that stuff..

i was thinking it was you all right, innomen, you crafty homosexual you.

what did koopin do with his role so if he didn't protect himself?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 11:20:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 11:20:15 AM, badger wrote:
yeah too bad i didn't do that stuff..

i was thinking it was you all right, innomen, you crafty homosexual you.

what did koopin do with his role so if he didn't protect himself?

how did i get in here? lol
signature