Total Posts:281|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia DP 1

Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 1:58:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. No c/p or screenshot roles.
2. No talking out of the designated pm's or forums.
3. A phase ends when i call it.
4. Typical winning conditions, pm me if you have questions.
5. Direct questions in the PM.
6. Other typical mafia rules apply. Again, ask in pm with questions.
7. Participation in the forums is a must, as is timely actions at night.
8. I can add or change rules any time.

1. Leafrod
2. badger
3. lovelife
4. innomen
5. Marauder
6. Danielle
7. mongoose
8. Koopin
9. OreEle
10. Askbob
11. tvellalott
12. bluesteel
13. Korashk
14. M.Torres

Note: There is no specific time that i pulled roles from in the series, so if a character drastically changes in the third one, i may have used them the way they were in the first one. As an example.

8 votes to lynch, good luck!
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:52:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
First person to post is mafia!

Oh wait...

Seriously though, Koopin (or anyone for that matter) can you please use the Gaia RNG to start some unbiased pressure?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:23:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Danielle

I've chosen #6 on the list every time for the last like 4 times and been mafia every time. The one time I don't, I'm town...

I swear, #6 is mafia every time.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:24:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
fyi, I wanted #6, but danielle took it first.

Anyway, I figure it's as good a reason as the n00b rule or a # generator
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:49:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't trust anything other than a gaia vote for the first pressure. It's too easy to say "blah blah blah, my vote is random because it's number 6 and number 6 is always mafia" and it's complete manipulative bullsh!t.

VOTE bluesteel
For beginning the first non-random random lynch.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:26:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 3:23:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL Danielle

I've chosen #6 on the list every time for the last like 4 times and been mafia every time. The one time I don't, I'm town...

I swear, #6 is mafia every time.

Ballsy, so i figure that when i log back on later this morning, i will see Bluesteel halfway lynched.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:32:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 3:49:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I don't trust anything other than a gaia vote for the first pressure. It's too easy to say "blah blah blah, my vote is random because it's number 6 and number 6 is always mafia" and it's complete manipulative bullsh!t.

VOTE bluesteel
For beginning the first non-random random lynch.

After getting called out by askbob on the first post rule in quickfire, I've tried not to start the first pressure as mafia. This is a superstition, but I'm inclined to believe it given my ridiculous run of being back-to-back mafia by choosing #6.

w/e, others can decide, but you and danielle might both be mafia. I'm more than happy to claim if others VTL me, but I'm convinced of this #6 thing. I know it's silly and will be sad if it's not true this game, but w/e.

There's some logic to VTL danielle too. She and I do a lot of research when we're mafia on fake claims (just saw her as mafia while mod-ing). Pressuring her first ensures that if she's mafia, she doesn't have much time to research fake claims first.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:34:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:32:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/31/2011 3:49:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I don't trust anything other than a gaia vote for the first pressure. It's too easy to say "blah blah blah, my vote is random because it's number 6 and number 6 is always mafia" and it's complete manipulative bullsh!t.

VOTE bluesteel
For beginning the first non-random random lynch.

After getting called out by askbob on the first post rule in quickfire, I've tried not to start the first pressure as mafia. This is a superstition, but I'm inclined to believe it given my ridiculous run of being back-to-back mafia by choosing #6.

w/e, others can decide, but you and danielle might both be mafia. I'm more than happy to claim if others VTL me, but I'm convinced of this #6 thing. I know it's silly and will be sad if it's not true this game, but w/e.

There's some logic to VTL danielle too. She and I do a lot of research when we're mafia on fake claims (just saw her as mafia while mod-ing). Pressuring her first ensures that if she's mafia, she doesn't have much time to research fake claims first.

I think you should just claim now, how about that?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:36:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:32:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/31/2011 3:49:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I don't trust anything other than a gaia vote for the first pressure. It's too easy to say "blah blah blah, my vote is random because it's number 6 and number 6 is always mafia" and it's complete manipulative bullsh!t.

VOTE bluesteel
For beginning the first non-random random lynch.

After getting called out by askbob on the first post rule in quickfire, I've tried not to start the first pressure as mafia. This is a superstition, but I'm inclined to believe it given my ridiculous run of being back-to-back mafia by choosing #6.

w/e, others can decide, but you and danielle might both be mafia. I'm more than happy to claim if others VTL me, but I'm convinced of this #6 thing. I know it's silly and will be sad if it's not true this game, but w/e.

There's some logic to VTL danielle too. She and I do a lot of research when we're mafia on fake claims (just saw her as mafia while mod-ing). Pressuring her first ensures that if she's mafia, she doesn't have much time to research fake claims first.

Not a bad strategy. I've always said she is the most dangerous as mafia and the most valuable as town.

BTW, in case of lie detector, i win with the town.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:37:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:26:24 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/31/2011 3:23:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL Danielle

I've chosen #6 on the list every time for the last like 4 times and been mafia every time. The one time I don't, I'm town...

I swear, #6 is mafia every time.

Ballsy, so i figure that when i log back on later this morning, i will see Bluesteel halfway lynched.

Seriously? What the fvck ever. You guys realize that danielle's pressure a n00b thing is an even worse strategy in this regards. She always gets to pick the n00b. Since there are multiple n00bs each game, she can just pick the one that isn't mafia with her, but with some semblance of justification.

Check. I was mafia my last 4 games. Chose 6 each time. Not bs-ing. I said in the KFC game that I couldn't be mafia 3 times in a row and then Chrys was laughing when I got mafia again in his game.

If you think I'm a dumb enough player to put this much FOS on me as mafia first thing DP1, go ahead and VTL me. My claim will be solid.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:38:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.

FOS on tv. Pressuring someone to claim with only one vote on them => mafia tactic.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:40:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:37:11 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:26:24 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/31/2011 3:23:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL Danielle

I've chosen #6 on the list every time for the last like 4 times and been mafia every time. The one time I don't, I'm town...

I swear, #6 is mafia every time.

Ballsy, so i figure that when i log back on later this morning, i will see Bluesteel halfway lynched.

Seriously? What the fvck ever. You guys realize that danielle's pressure a n00b thing is an even worse strategy in this regards. She always gets to pick the n00b. Since there are multiple n00bs each game, she can just pick the one that isn't mafia with her, but with some semblance of justification.

Check. I was mafia my last 4 games. Chose 6 each time. Not bs-ing. I said in the KFC game that I couldn't be mafia 3 times in a row and then Chrys was laughing when I got mafia again in his game.

If you think I'm a dumb enough player to put this much FOS on me as mafia first thing DP1, go ahead and VTL me. My claim will be solid.

I don't actually - mean i don't think you are suspicious yet. I'm not arguing against pressure on danielle first, i just know that she'll spin the table around so damn fast your head will spin, and you will have votes against you right off.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:41:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:40:06 AM, innomen wrote:


I don't actually - mean i don't think you are suspicious yet. I'm not arguing against pressure on danielle first, i just know that she'll spin the table around so damn fast your head will spin, and you will have votes against you right off.

Don't care. Good character claim + I relish a challenge.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:43:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Honestly, I'd like to be on the same team as danielle for once. Hasn't happened since my first themed game - tv's. Admittedly, she mod-ed two games that I was in, so we haven't played together that much. But if we are on the same team, that'd be nice.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:43:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.

Not arguing with you here. I agree with all your points. The hardest part for me when mafia is trying not to lynch my own guys, and still look innocent.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:44:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't care if you were mafia every game you ever played, it has no effect on your chances of being mafia in this game and you will get no concessions from me.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:44:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:43:43 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.

Not arguing with you here. I agree with all your points. The hardest part for me when mafia is trying not to lynch my own guys, and still look innocent.

Their own guys? Freudian slip? lol
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:47:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:44:56 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:43:43 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.

Not arguing with you here. I agree with all your points. The hardest part for me when mafia is trying not to lynch my own guys, and still look innocent.

Their own guys? Freudian slip? lol

No, when i am mafia and my fellow mafiosos. My guys.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:47:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:44:11 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I don't care if you were mafia every game you ever played, it has no effect on your chances of being mafia in this game and you will get no concessions from me.

I never claimed it makes me innocent. I claimed it was as good a reason as any to get #6, ie danielle, to claim first. I prefer this to a number generator. Superstitions sometimes have good reasons behind them. Some mods actually mix their roles up with a random # generator. Some don't and do it by hand. They try to put mafia roles not too close to the beginning as to not make it look suspicious, but not grouped together in the middle either. At least that's what I did my first time, but used a random # generator the second. Makes 6 a more likely mafia number than say 1 or 12.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:48:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Look at my behavior tv. You really think I'd risk getting lynched over something this stupid? We played as mafia together in KFC. You should know me better than that.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:50:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:43:43 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.

Not arguing with you here. I agree with all your points. The hardest part for me when mafia is trying not to lynch my own guys, and still look innocent.

VTL danielle?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:51:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:38:23 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with the town.

FOS on tv. Pressuring someone to claim with only one vote on them => mafia tactic.

Not 'someone'.
You.

Because I don't trust ya.
You pulled the same "I was mafia the last x amount of games, therefore i am not mafia" every other time you were mafia.

Also, you completely ignored the fact that I want to pressure someone based on a legitimate RNG, rather than bogus randoms, especially when the target is Danielle who is a threat to anyone who isn't on her team.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:53:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:50:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:43:43 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.

Not arguing with you here. I agree with all your points. The hardest part for me when mafia is trying not to lynch my own guys, and still look innocent.

VTL danielle?

Meh why not. Puts my head on the chopping block, but it will get things moving.
VTL danielle
Pressure only, don't do anything crazy while i'm gone this morning.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:54:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:48:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Look at my behavior tv. You really think I'd risk getting lynched over something this stupid? We played as mafia together in KFC. You should know me better than that.

Let me tell you something; the more you obviously try not to seem like mafia, the more likely i think you ARE mafia.

You're very obviously trying to act as you imagine we would think you would act if you were town. It's annoying and insulting to think we should just swallow your load and smile.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:57:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:51:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:38:23 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with the town.

FOS on tv. Pressuring someone to claim with only one vote on them => mafia tactic.

Not 'someone'.
You.

Because I don't trust ya.
You pulled the same "I was mafia the last x amount of games, therefore i am not mafia" every other time you were mafia.

I'm NOT saying I'm town b/c I was mafia 4 times in a row. I'm saying this justifies my belief that #6 is usually mafia, and I even gave some analysis above about why this might be, with mods randomizing the numbers by hand in an actually non-random way. That whole "I can't be mafia b/c I was 3 times before" was utter BS and I'll admit it freely.

Again, not saying this proves anything about me this game.

Also, you completely ignored the fact that I want to pressure someone based on a legitimate RNG, rather than bogus randoms, especially when the target is Danielle who is a threat to anyone who isn't on her team.

I know. I don't care what you want. I've made it clear what I want.

Do you win with the town, tv?

btw, this is dumb. w/e, I want danielle; you want an RNG. Let others decide at this point.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:59:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:54:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:48:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Look at my behavior tv. You really think I'd risk getting lynched over something this stupid? We played as mafia together in KFC. You should know me better than that.

Let me tell you something; the more you obviously try not to seem like mafia, the more likely i think you ARE mafia.

You're very obviously trying to act as you imagine we would think you would act if you were town. It's annoying and insulting to think we should just swallow your load and smile.

lol, so the more I act like town, the more you think I'm mafia? b/c I'm just that good?

You must be really bored right now. I'm done arguing with you over something so stupid.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:00:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's just the initial pressure to get things started. We almost never lynch the first person we target right off. Actually a good chunk of the time we end up with NL.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:04:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Alas, I still think the #6 thing is complete BS. This mod didn't mod any of the other games you were mafia as #6, so you have no reason to believe it should apply to this game.

Outting Danielle based on that is a terrible idea. I'd rather see a cop/watcher/tracker/lie-detector/whatever check her out NP1. Do you not see how easily that could be a mafia plot to out perhaps the best player on the site? If you ARE town, you should realise that putting pressure on her is stupid.

I win with the town.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:07:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/31/2011 4:59:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, so the more I act like town, the more you think I'm mafia? b/c I'm just that good?

No, the more you say "look, look! this isn't how i act when i'm mafia!" the more I think you are infact mafia.

You must be really bored right now. I'm done arguing with you over something so stupid.

Just about to go to bed.

At 3/31/2011 5:00:49 AM, innomen wrote:
It's just the initial pressure to get things started. We almost never lynch the first person we target right off. Actually a good chunk of the time we end up with NL.

No, but it will more than likely lead to a character reveal, which (since bluesteel admits Danielle is excellent at fake claiming) which will probably just give the mafia more information.

So it's fail pressure.

Fvck, first thing I'm doing tomorrow is making a Gaia account.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...