Pirates of the Caribbean Mafia DP 1

Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 1:58:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. No c/p or screenshot roles.
2. No talking out of the designated pm's or forums.
3. A phase ends when i call it.
4. Typical winning conditions, pm me if you have questions.
5. Direct questions in the PM.
6. Other typical mafia rules apply. Again, ask in pm with questions.
7. Participation in the forums is a must, as is timely actions at night.
8. I can add or change rules any time.

1. Leafrod
2. badger
3. lovelife
4. innomen
5. Marauder
6. Danielle
7. mongoose
8. Koopin
9. OreEle
10. Askbob
11. tvellalott
12. bluesteel
13. Korashk
14. M.Torres

Note: There is no specific time that i pulled roles from in the series, so if a character drastically changes in the third one, i may have used them the way they were in the first one. As an example.

8 votes to lynch, good luck!
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 2:52:29 AM
First person to post is mafia!

Oh wait...

Seriously though, Koopin (or anyone for that matter) can you please use the Gaia RNG to start some unbiased pressure?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:23:47 AM
VTL Danielle

I've chosen #6 on the list every time for the last like 4 times and been mafia every time. The one time I don't, I'm town...

I swear, #6 is mafia every time.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:24:55 AM
fyi, I wanted #6, but danielle took it first.

Anyway, I figure it's as good a reason as the n00b rule or a # generator
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 3:49:41 AM
I don't trust anything other than a gaia vote for the first pressure. It's too easy to say "blah blah blah, my vote is random because it's number 6 and number 6 is always mafia" and it's complete manipulative bullsh!t.

VOTE bluesteel
For beginning the first non-random random lynch.

Muh threads
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:26:24 AM
At 3/31/2011 3:23:47 AM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL Danielle

I've chosen #6 on the list every time for the last like 4 times and been mafia every time. The one time I don't, I'm town...

Ballsy, so i figure that when i log back on later this morning, i will see Bluesteel halfway lynched.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:32:39 AM
At 3/31/2011 3:49:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I don't trust anything other than a gaia vote for the first pressure. It's too easy to say "blah blah blah, my vote is random because it's number 6 and number 6 is always mafia" and it's complete manipulative bullsh!t.

VOTE bluesteel

After getting called out by askbob on the first post rule in quickfire, I've tried not to start the first pressure as mafia. This is a superstition, but I'm inclined to believe it given my ridiculous run of being back-to-back mafia by choosing #6.

w/e, others can decide, but you and danielle might both be mafia. I'm more than happy to claim if others VTL me, but I'm convinced of this #6 thing. I know it's silly and will be sad if it's not true this game, but w/e.

There's some logic to VTL danielle too. She and I do a lot of research when we're mafia on fake claims (just saw her as mafia while mod-ing). Pressuring her first ensures that if she's mafia, she doesn't have much time to research fake claims first.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:34:07 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:32:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:

VOTE bluesteel

After getting called out by askbob on the first post rule in quickfire, I've tried not to start the first pressure as mafia. This is a superstition, but I'm inclined to believe it given my ridiculous run of being back-to-back mafia by choosing #6.

w/e, others can decide, but you and danielle might both be mafia. I'm more than happy to claim if others VTL me, but I'm convinced of this #6 thing. I know it's silly and will be sad if it's not true this game, but w/e.

There's some logic to VTL danielle too. She and I do a lot of research when we're mafia on fake claims (just saw her as mafia while mod-ing). Pressuring her first ensures that if she's mafia, she doesn't have much time to research fake claims first.

I think you should just claim now, how about that?

Muh threads
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:36:09 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:32:39 AM, bluesteel wrote:

VOTE bluesteel

Not a bad strategy. I've always said she is the most dangerous as mafia and the most valuable as town.

BTW, in case of lie detector, i win with the town.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:37:11 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:26:24 AM, innomen wrote:
VTL Danielle

Ballsy, so i figure that when i log back on later this morning, i will see Bluesteel halfway lynched.

Seriously? What the fvck ever. You guys realize that danielle's pressure a n00b thing is an even worse strategy in this regards. She always gets to pick the n00b. Since there are multiple n00bs each game, she can just pick the one that isn't mafia with her, but with some semblance of justification.

Check. I was mafia my last 4 games. Chose 6 each time. Not bs-ing. I said in the KFC game that I couldn't be mafia 3 times in a row and then Chrys was laughing when I got mafia again in his game.

If you think I'm a dumb enough player to put this much FOS on me as mafia first thing DP1, go ahead and VTL me. My claim will be solid.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:38:23 AM
I win with the town.

FOS on tv. Pressuring someone to claim with only one vote on them => mafia tactic.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:40:06 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:37:11 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:26:24 AM, innomen wrote:
VTL Danielle

Seriously? What the fvck ever. You guys realize that danielle's pressure a n00b thing is an even worse strategy in this regards. She always gets to pick the n00b. Since there are multiple n00bs each game, she can just pick the one that isn't mafia with her, but with some semblance of justification.

Check. I was mafia my last 4 games. Chose 6 each time. Not bs-ing. I said in the KFC game that I couldn't be mafia 3 times in a row and then Chrys was laughing when I got mafia again in his game.

If you think I'm a dumb enough player to put this much FOS on me as mafia first thing DP1, go ahead and VTL me. My claim will be solid.

I don't actually - mean i don't think you are suspicious yet. I'm not arguing against pressure on danielle first, i just know that she'll spin the table around so damn fast your head will spin, and you will have votes against you right off.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:41:53 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:40:06 AM, innomen wrote:

I don't actually - mean i don't think you are suspicious yet. I'm not arguing against pressure on danielle first, i just know that she'll spin the table around so damn fast your head will spin, and you will have votes against you right off.

Don't care. Good character claim + I relish a challenge.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:43:37 AM
Honestly, I'd like to be on the same team as danielle for once. Hasn't happened since my first themed game - tv's. Admittedly, she mod-ed two games that I was in, so we haven't played together that much. But if we are on the same team, that'd be nice.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:43:43 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:41:06 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I shouldn't say this, but I've had a terrible mafia "tell" my last few games. Just look at my post ratio. I post a lot less when I'm mafia. Nonentity picked up on it last game. I know I could have switched strategies, but w/e

You seriously think I'd fight for a dumb superstition this much if I were mafia? I'm not retarded.

The other thing is I try not to go after danielle when I'm mafia. Making her angry has an uncomfortable way of biting you in the @ss. She never lets things go, which makes it hard to get FOS off you at that point.

Not arguing with you here. I agree with all your points. The hardest part for me when mafia is trying not to lynch my own guys, and still look innocent.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:44:11 AM
I don't care if you were mafia every game you ever played, it has no effect on your chances of being mafia in this game and you will get no concessions from me.

Muh threads
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:44:56 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:43:43 AM, innomen wrote:

Not arguing with you here. I agree with all your points. The hardest part for me when mafia is trying not to lynch my own guys, and still look innocent.

Their own guys? Freudian slip? lol
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:47:10 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:44:56 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Their own guys? Freudian slip? lol

No, when i am mafia and my fellow mafiosos. My guys.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:47:37 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:44:11 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I don't care if you were mafia every game you ever played, it has no effect on your chances of being mafia in this game and you will get no concessions from me.

I never claimed it makes me innocent. I claimed it was as good a reason as any to get #6, ie danielle, to claim first. I prefer this to a number generator. Superstitions sometimes have good reasons behind them. Some mods actually mix their roles up with a random # generator. Some don't and do it by hand. They try to put mafia roles not too close to the beginning as to not make it look suspicious, but not grouped together in the middle either. At least that's what I did my first time, but used a random # generator the second. Makes 6 a more likely mafia number than say 1 or 12.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:48:58 AM
Look at my behavior tv. You really think I'd risk getting lynched over something this stupid? We played as mafia together in KFC. You should know me better than that.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:50:15 AM

VTL danielle?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:51:26 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:38:23 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with the town.

FOS on tv. Pressuring someone to claim with only one vote on them => mafia tactic.

Not 'someone'.
You.

Because I don't trust ya.
You pulled the same "I was mafia the last x amount of games, therefore i am not mafia" every other time you were mafia.

Also, you completely ignored the fact that I want to pressure someone based on a legitimate RNG, rather than bogus randoms, especially when the target is Danielle who is a threat to anyone who isn't on her team.

Muh threads
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:53:28 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:50:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:

VTL danielle?

Meh why not. Puts my head on the chopping block, but it will get things moving.
VTL danielle
Pressure only, don't do anything crazy while i'm gone this morning.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:54:16 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:48:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Look at my behavior tv. You really think I'd risk getting lynched over something this stupid? We played as mafia together in KFC. You should know me better than that.

Let me tell you something; the more you obviously try not to seem like mafia, the more likely i think you ARE mafia.

You're very obviously trying to act as you imagine we would think you would act if you were town. It's annoying and insulting to think we should just swallow your load and smile.

Muh threads
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:57:59 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:51:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:38:23 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with the town.

Not 'someone'.
You.

Because I don't trust ya.
You pulled the same "I was mafia the last x amount of games, therefore i am not mafia" every other time you were mafia.

I'm NOT saying I'm town b/c I was mafia 4 times in a row. I'm saying this justifies my belief that #6 is usually mafia, and I even gave some analysis above about why this might be, with mods randomizing the numbers by hand in an actually non-random way. That whole "I can't be mafia b/c I was 3 times before" was utter BS and I'll admit it freely.

Again, not saying this proves anything about me this game.

Also, you completely ignored the fact that I want to pressure someone based on a legitimate RNG, rather than bogus randoms, especially when the target is Danielle who is a threat to anyone who isn't on her team.

I know. I don't care what you want. I've made it clear what I want.

Do you win with the town, tv?

btw, this is dumb. w/e, I want danielle; you want an RNG. Let others decide at this point.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 4:59:58 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:54:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/31/2011 4:48:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Let me tell you something; the more you obviously try not to seem like mafia, the more likely i think you ARE mafia.

You're very obviously trying to act as you imagine we would think you would act if you were town. It's annoying and insulting to think we should just swallow your load and smile.

lol, so the more I act like town, the more you think I'm mafia? b/c I'm just that good?

You must be really bored right now. I'm done arguing with you over something so stupid.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:00:49 AM
It's just the initial pressure to get things started. We almost never lynch the first person we target right off. Actually a good chunk of the time we end up with NL.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:04:02 AM
Alas, I still think the #6 thing is complete BS. This mod didn't mod any of the other games you were mafia as #6, so you have no reason to believe it should apply to this game.

Outting Danielle based on that is a terrible idea. I'd rather see a cop/watcher/tracker/lie-detector/whatever check her out NP1. Do you not see how easily that could be a mafia plot to out perhaps the best player on the site? If you ARE town, you should realise that putting pressure on her is stupid.

I win with the town.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 5:07:26 AM
At 3/31/2011 4:59:58 AM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, so the more I act like town, the more you think I'm mafia? b/c I'm just that good?

No, the more you say "look, look! this isn't how i act when i'm mafia!" the more I think you are infact mafia.

You must be really bored right now. I'm done arguing with you over something so stupid.

Just about to go to bed.

At 3/31/2011 5:00:49 AM, innomen wrote:
It's just the initial pressure to get things started. We almost never lynch the first person we target right off. Actually a good chunk of the time we end up with NL.

No, but it will more than likely lead to a character reveal, which (since bluesteel admits Danielle is excellent at fake claiming) which will probably just give the mafia more information.

So it's fail pressure.

Fvck, first thing I'm doing tomorrow is making a Gaia account.

Muh threads