Concept Mafia - Day Phase 1

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 8:58:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
-- Rules and Notes --

1. No copy/pasta your PMs or screen-shotting your roles.

2. The mod's count will be the official vote count.

3. The roles used in this game are either new, or roles we've used created by DDO members. If a role variation has been used before, it may have a new name (for this game only) but we'll clear up any discrepancies after the game.

4. If I seem cryptic, it's probably intentional but feel free to ask for clarifications in your PM.

5. If I didn't use your submission, it's probably because I needed to balance the game but all submissions will be posted in a thread after the game at some point.

6. Don't cheat, play nice, don't lurk, be active and have fun :)

The day phase will end on Wednesday, April 6 at 10pm CST. You need 8 votes to lynch.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 10:14:50 AM
So I know that the first poster is typically viewed as mafia, but I really want to see this game get roling, so I'll go ahead and post first.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 10:23:34 AM
At 4/5/2011 10:14:50 AM, OreEle wrote:
So I know that the first poster is typically viewed as mafia, but I really want to see this game get roling, so I'll go ahead and post first.

lol, I thought pretty much the same thing.. but then realized I didn't have all too much to say anyhow (as You apparently don't ;)

I usually only jump in once people have already talked a bit.. getting it started is tough
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:24:40 AM
so it'd make sense that whoever submitted a mafiaish type role would claim it to us so that we might have a better chance of finding them possibly?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:26:47 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:24:40 AM, badger wrote:
so it'd make sense that whoever submitted a mafiaish type role would claim it to us so that we might have a better chance of finding them possibly?

well we'd know better what we were up against anyway. wouldn't really help us find them i suppose.
signature
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:29:11 AM
Claims are going to be useless in this game.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:29:42 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:24:40 AM, badger wrote:

That's true, and very helpful.

If anyone submitted a mafia role to Danielle, let us know what roles you submitted (that are mafia), so we know what we are up against.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:30:50 AM
TV and Bluesteel were the only two that stated in the original thread that they sent Danielle roles.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:34:21 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:30:50 AM, OreEle wrote:
TV and Bluesteel were the only two that stated in the original thread that they sent Danielle roles.

I sent her a few.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:34:56 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:34:21 AM, Korashk wrote:

I sent her a few.

any mafiaish ones?
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:35:51 AM

I sent her a few.

Did you send her any mafia roles? If so, what were the roles (no need to out any townie roles sent, since we do not want the mafia to know what they are up against).
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:37:36 AM

I sent her a few.

Mercenary - Third party, most of you should know what this is already. Wouldn't be surprised if this is in the game.

Diviner - Any alignment, gets a clue about what one player did during the night phase. Works better in themed games. I doubt this one is in the game.

Crazy Cultist - Starts as cult, 50% chance to get a random power every phase.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:42:01 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:37:36 AM, Korashk wrote:

I sent her a few.

Mercenary - Third party, most of you should know what this is already. Wouldn't be surprised if this is in the game.

I'm not familiar with that one.

Diviner - Any alignment, gets a clue about what one player did during the night phase. Works better in themed games. I doubt this one is in the game.

Probably not, but you never know. If this is entirely DDO roles, there may have needed to be some stretching.

That one does not sound like a fun role to have to fight against.

I did not send any roles.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:42:41 AM
I didn't suggest any..

also, I suppose when people Do claim.. if they claim a role a person invented it would prolly make sense for the other person to say so...

Though, danielle prolly made up a good number herself..

and the mafia could plausibly try to confirm fake roles that way themselves.. though that would multiply the risks for them anyhow :/

If a role's confirmed in this way... I'd say it's got a good bit more legitimacy though.. Otherwise sorting real roles from fake roles is probably going to be tough.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:44:43 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:42:41 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I didn't suggest any..

also, I suppose when people Do claim.. if they claim a role a person invented it would prolly make sense for the other person to say so...

and the mafia could plausibly try to confirm fake roles that way themselves.. though that would multiply the risks for them anyhow :/

If a role's confirmed in this way... I'd say it's got a good bit more legitimacy though.. Otherwise sorting real roles from fake roles is probably going to be tough.

yeah this also.. so doctor on bluesteel tonight? lol
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:45:08 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:44:43 AM, badger wrote:
I didn't suggest any..

if we have one...
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:46:40 AM
I didn't suggest any..

lol, in all likeliness, we don't have a [conventional] doctor, cop, or vig.

But then, the mafia probably don't have a [conventional] roleblocker, framer, or godfather.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:47:05 AM

yeah.. no.

Metaphysics:
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:47:33 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:42:01 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/5/2011 11:37:36 AM, Korashk wrote:

I sent her a few.

I'm not familiar with that one.

gets recruited to whatever team fulfills recruitment conditions.. like makes the 200th post or something like that..

did you submit recruitment conditions, korashk?

Probably not, but you never know. If this is entirely DDO roles, there may have needed to be some stretching.

That one does not sound like a fun role to have to fight against.

I did not send any roles.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:48:43 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:46:40 AM, OreEle wrote:
I didn't suggest any..

But then, the mafia probably don't have a [conventional] roleblocker, framer, or godfather.

well i'm thinking he'd be the one after creating the most roles thus the best person to confirm people, if he so wished.
signature
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:49:37 AM
All the roles I submitted were townie roles, so posting them here doesn't help us, at all.

danielle even made a comment about how everyone seems much more interesting in crafting new roles for town than for mafia.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:49:40 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:48:43 AM, badger wrote:
I didn't suggest any..

well i'm thinking he'd be the one after creating the most roles thus the best person to confirm people, if he so wished.

which has nothing to do what what you said, oreele :)
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:51:29 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:49:37 AM, bluesteel wrote:
All the roles I submitted were townie roles, so posting them here doesn't help us, at all.

it does not. you would probably be a good man to confirm people though right?

danielle even made a comment about how everyone seems much more interesting in crafting new roles for town than for mafia.
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:52:36 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:49:40 AM, badger wrote:
I didn't suggest any..

which has nothing to do what what you said, oreele :)

???
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:53:34 AM

oh.. I thought you were commenting on my not liking BS.

anyways.. if that's the case, then If he's a townie he's definitely going to be useful to have around..

but if he's mafia.. he wouldn't be of any use at all.

so.. I suppose the "doc" ought to consider keeping him around unless he starts to stink... Though, clearly, if any other townies get confirmed/have roles... BS's relative importance drops too.

Metaphysics:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:54:06 AM

Well, I had created 2 new mafia roles in my animal kingdom game, but I never submited anything.

There has to be some submitted mafia roles, otherwise my role is completely useless outside of a mass role claim.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:55:58 AM

not Now it doesn't.. But if you're confirmed.. then you can be a way to add confirmation to others claimed roles as legit if they claimed one you made up.

Metaphysics:
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:57:22 AM
At 4/5/2011 11:53:34 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

oh.. I thought you were commenting on my not liking BS.

well, you seem pretty edgy don't you :) vtl matt for pressure

anyways.. if that's the case, then If he's a townie he's definitely going to be useful to have around..

sure

but if he's mafia.. he wouldn't be of any use at all.

he'd be pretty much confirming himself as mafia in not being useful to us though ;)

so.. I suppose the "doc" ought to consider keeping him around unless he starts to stink... Though, clearly, if any other townies get confirmed/have roles... BS's relative importance drops too.
signature