MEME mafia Day Phase 2

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 7:38:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Stories:

The warrior had travelled a great distance to reach his target. He was ready to kill. He saw the figure standing in the field ahead. He charged, letting out a fearsome battle cry.

"LEEROY JENKINS!"

The figure ran backwards. Leroy chased after him, repeating his cry. They ran for miles in the night. Finally, Leroy realized that he could travel no further. He was getting tired. His supply of chicken had run out. He dropped his weapon, giving up hope as it dawned upon him that he made one of the classic blunders.

The intended victim walked back towards the collapsed warrior, took his weapon, stabbed Leroy in the back, and whispered something in his ear.

A cat had tried to make a new friend. It asked, "I can has cheezburger?" The response was the most terrible sound the cat ever heard. It died.

Living list:
1. darkkermit
2. M.Torres
3. Danielle
4. innomen
5. wjmelements
6. M93
7. Johnicle (or the Jester spot)
8. Alex
9. LeafRod
10. Mattrodstrom
11. LaissezFaire
12. badger
13. Korashk
14. OreEle
15. Askbob
16. nonentity
17. CosmicAlfonzo
18. Chrysippus
19. InsertNameHere

Dead List:

ccstate4peat

bluesteel - "You are LEEROY JENKINS, the overeager vigilante. You must kill one player each night phase. You win with the town." (Found backstabbed in a field)

tvellalott - "You are LOLCATS, the mason recruiter. Each night phase, you may recruit one player into the masons. If you recruit an anti-townie, you die. You win with the town." http://icanhascheezburger.com... (found dead with ears bleeding and eyes self-scratched out)

Koopin - "You are THE CAKE IS A LIE, the lie detector. Your extensive knowledge on whether things are lies comes in handy here. Each night phase, you may target one player. The next night phase, you will learn whether that player ever told a lie during that day phase. You may target another player on that same night. You win with the town." (found blasted to death)

Logic_on_rails - "You are OVER 9000. It takes over 9000 votes to lynch you. You win with the town." (found dead

timbeech - "You are O RLY, the mafia godfather. You appear innocent in all investigations. You decide the mafia kill. You win with the mafia." (found with skull shattered into many pieces)

Continue.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 7:52:50 PM
It seems like TV was made to commit suicide (based on how he was found dead).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 7:55:42 PM
At 4/6/2011 7:52:50 PM, OreEle wrote:

I don't think so. LOLCATS are just pictures, not sounds. Assuming the way people died has something to do with the meme that killed them, I think he tried to recruit a really annoying sounding meme, maybe Boxxy or Rickroll. Did anyone claim either of those?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 7:57:12 PM
At 4/6/2011 7:55:42 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

I don't think so. LOLCATS are just pictures, not sounds. Assuming the way people died has something to do with the meme that killed them, I think he tried to recruit a really annoying sounding meme, maybe Boxxy or Rickroll. Did anyone claim either of those?

That's also likely, cause otherwise, we would have a heck of a lot of killing roles.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 7:59:01 PM
At 4/6/2011 7:55:42 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:

Also, I read the parenthesis, not the actual story line. My bad.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:00:12 PM
so it turns out that everyone sucked with their night actions except me. I am the vigilante and killed timbeech.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:02:05 PM
It also looks like there's no connection between meme and affiliation, just meme and role (and then only sometimes). Nor is there a connection between whether or not someone was in the video last DP and their affiliation.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:06:07 PM
vote to lynch cosmicalfonzo

hasn't posted

probably active in the mafia pm
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:09:18 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:02:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
It also looks like there's no connection between meme and affiliation

FOS on LaissezFaire - asking a superfluous amount of questions.

also godfather was the only one who died so of course his meme will seem as if it's innocent.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:11:16 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:00:12 PM, askbob wrote:
so it turns out that everyone sucked with their night actions except me. I am the vigilante and killed timbeech.

It says in the OP bluesteel was vigilante. How do we know he didn't kill timbeech?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:13:22 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:11:16 PM, nonentity wrote:

It says in the OP bluesteel was vigilante. How do we know he didn't kill timbeech?

Based on the story, it appears that Blue targeted a paranoid gun owner (he was killed by the person he targeted).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:15:20 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:11:16 PM, nonentity wrote:

And blue was a flavored vigilante (overeager), in a game this size, it kind of makes sense that there could be more than 1 vig. I'm also betting that there are many flavored roles.

But before getting too far along, it would be nice to see if any investigative roles came up with anything.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:17:02 PM
doctor on me tonight
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:17:46 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:13:22 PM, OreEle wrote:

Based on the story, it appears that Blue targeted a paranoid gun owner (he was killed by the person he targeted).

Oh, makes sense lol. I don't think askbob should have come out as vig though... now it forces the doc to protect him.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:18:11 PM
also, the Cake is a Lie video only has 260,000 views, and it is in this meme game? That means we can't trust things like the number of views to find out fake claims.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:18:41 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:18:11 PM, OreEle wrote:
also, the Cake is a Lie video only has 260,000 views, and it is in this meme game? That means we can't trust things like the number of views to find out fake claims.

shows that you know crap about memes. It's not about youtube videos. It's about 4chan.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:19:02 PM
FOS on OreEle
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:19:27 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:18:41 PM, askbob wrote:

shows that you know crap about memes. It's not about youtube videos. It's about 4chan.

And how does 4chan spread the video around to make it "popular"?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:20:41 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:19:27 PM, OreEle wrote:

post it on 4chan
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:21:52 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:20:41 PM, askbob wrote:
At 4/6/2011 8:19:27 PM, OreEle wrote:

post it on 4chan

A link to the youtube video.

I'm just making a note that in the last DP, it was commented that something was not a meme because it only had 1,000,000 views. This disproves that theory.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:22:00 PM
After the games release, "the cake is a lie" was widely popular between Portal players, but soon it spread to forums and blogs where the phrase began to take on a new meaning outside of the context of the game. People were using the phrase, "The cake is a lie", on forums as an idiom meaning, "You are chasing after an empty, unattainable goal." People all over the internet were saying "the cake is a lie" without even knowing what Portal was.

It wasn't the video that is a meme but the phrase.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:25:32 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:22:00 PM, askbob wrote:
After the games release, "the cake is a lie" was widely popular between Portal players, but soon it spread to forums and blogs where the phrase began to take on a new meaning outside of the context of the game. People were using the phrase, "The cake is a lie", on forums as an idiom meaning, "You are chasing after an empty, unattainable goal." People all over the internet were saying "the cake is a lie" without even knowing what Portal was.

It wasn't the video that is a meme but the phrase.

okay, either way, I was only pointing it out one theory presented in the last DP was disproven. But forgive me for not knowing every single meme.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:32:48 PM
so no one else has any input or any votes?
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:36:02 PM
Well, let's say bluesteel targeted a paranoid gun owner. Askbob killed timbeech. tvellalott tried to recruit a mafioso.

How do we explain Koopin and Logic_on_rails? Any ideas on what the mafia might have done to get the extra kill?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:47:08 PM
At 4/6/2011 8:36:02 PM, nonentity wrote:
Well, let's say bluesteel targeted a paranoid gun owner. Askbob killed timbeech. tvellalott tried to recruit a mafioso.

How do we explain Koopin and Logic_on_rails? Any ideas on what the mafia might have done to get the extra kill?

Could have been a JOAT, or the mafia having something with killing powers. The town has 2 vigs. Maybe a 3rd vig that hasn't come out.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:58:32 PM
Askbob, can you explain why Timbeech's skull was shattered...?

Also, MOD, was Logic simply (found dead) or did you forget to add specifics?

Otherwise, I think it's odd that Logic was only "found dead".
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.