Total Posts:82|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Game 3-1 DP1

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 8:42:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules:

1. You may not copy and paste or screenprint your role pm or any pms for any reason. Ever. This will never change. Do it and I will modkill you. You may also not copy and paste the contents of your role pm. You may only summarize.

2. You may not be inactive for an entire day phase, otherwise you will be replaced

3. You must ask all private questions in your role pm.

4. You must vote for a person in bold Example: "Vote john"

5. You may unvote at any time in bold

6. Once a majority of votes has been obtained on a player in the day phase, or the mafia have selected him to be killed at night, the player will be lynched (removed from the game) and may not post in any of the threads or pms. The person is out of the game and may not post.

7. Townies may be considered for replacements

8. Please ask me unlimited amounts of questions via pms.

9. You may not communicate with anyone about this game in Private Messages unless I have created the Private Message and am a part of the private message. If anyone else is doing this, it is cheating. Report them immediately.

10. Please be active and post.

11. When a player reaches the required number of votes they are lynched. No matter if I'm online or not.

Role PMs are being sent out currently. Mafia players will receive a PM which will inform them that they are mafia. A Private Message will be created between the mafia members and myself by myself. Townie players will receive a PM which will inform that they are townie and nothing else. No PM will be created for Townies. Mafia will know who the townies are and who the mafia are. Townies will not know who the townies or the mafia are.

The mafia goal is to survive without being lynched (voted off) during the day phase. They will try to kill off who they perceive to be the most valuable townie player at night. When the number of townies are equal to the number of mafia, the mafia will win. The reason for is this because with 2 townies and 2 mafia, the mafia will just not vote. This will cause a "no-lynch" where no one is lynched and the game proceeds to the night phase where the mafia will kill off a townie and then lynch the next one during the next day phase as they will then have the majority of 2 to 1. The townies win by killing all of the mafia

The townie goal is to prevent the mafia goal of winning and to eliminate all mafia players. The game will not end with a townie victory unless all mafia players have been eliminated.

As soon as a player has been lynched (voted out) the dead persons allegiance (townie or mafia) will be announced and the game will change from day phase to night phase. What this means is that the mafia will kill someone and have time to decide who they will kill. During this time there will be no posting in the day phase. After the kill has been decided, the next day phase will immediately start and the killed player will be announced along with his allegiance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two mafia players

It takes 5 votes to lynch

There are no roles, everyone is either a plain townie or a plain mafia.

Active Players:
1. m93samman
2. Andromeda_Z
3. nerdykiller
4. phantom
5. Snipe
6. tvellalott
7. Denote
8. headphonegut
9. socialpinko
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 8:43:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Role pms are being sent out. You must send me a friend request or allow the sending of pms so i can give you your role pm.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 9:34:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok so I VOTE SNIPE. someone has to hang right?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 9:37:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tron:

Snipe - (1/5) - headphonegut
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:05:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I vote m93samman. I'm new to this game and right now I'm just guessing.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:32:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 12:05:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I vote m93samman. I'm new to this game and right now I'm just guessing.

It seems as though your supposed to bold your votes.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:58:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let's get organized. As of now, no one is voting in coordination with the rest of the town. I'm going to be aggressive this game since the majority of players are new to the game.

I win with the town; socialpinko, your "guessing" isn't very convincing. We have 10 players this game, so we're going to have either 3 or 4 mafia, most likely 3. I'm going to VTL socialpinko to see how he responds to pressure. I recommend that someone follow my lead so we can start getting organized; no more than 2 people should vote with me so the mafia can't hammer.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 12:59:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 12:58:29 PM, m93samman wrote:
Let's get organized. As of now, no one is voting in coordination with the rest of the town. I'm going to be aggressive this game since the majority of players are new to the game.

I win with the town; socialpinko, your "guessing" isn't very convincing. We have 10 players this game, so we're going to have either 3 or 4 mafia, most likely 3. I'm going to VTL socialpinko to see how he responds to pressure. I recommend that someone follow my lead so we can start getting organized; no more than 2 people should vote with me so the mafia can't hammer.

Oops, sorry we have 9 players. It's basically a given that there are 3 mafia at this point.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:05:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Active Players:
1. m93samman
2. Andromeda_Z
3. nerdykiller
4. phantom
5. Snipe
6. tvellalott
7. Denote
8. headphonegut
9. socialpinko
10. Mr.Carroll
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:08:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tron:

Snipe - (1/5) - headphonegut

m93samman - (1/5) - socialpinko

tvellalott - (1/5) - Denote

socialpinko - (1/5) - m93samman
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:08:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 1:05:50 PM, askbob wrote:
Active Players:
1. m93samman
2. Andromeda_Z
3. nerdykiller
4. phantom
5. Snipe
6. tvellalott
7. Denote
8. headphonegut
9. socialpinko
10. Mr.Carroll

I'm still banking on there being 3 mafia.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:32:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 12:58:29 PM, m93samman wrote:

I win with the town; socialpinko, your "guessing" isn't very convincing. We have 10 players this game, so we're going to have either 3 or 4 mafia, most likely 3. I'm going to VTL socialpinko to see how he responds to pressure. I recommend that someone follow my lead so we can start getting organized

I would, but it looks like you're only picking him because he picked you. Notice that you didn't say anything about me or the other guy who randomly selected. I'm not sure if experienced players are allowed to be mafia or not in this round, but that seems kind of suspicious.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:34:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 1:32:15 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/11/2011 12:58:29 PM, m93samman wrote:

I win with the town; socialpinko, your "guessing" isn't very convincing. We have 10 players this game, so we're going to have either 3 or 4 mafia, most likely 3. I'm going to VTL socialpinko to see how he responds to pressure. I recommend that someone follow my lead so we can start getting organized

I would, but it looks like you're only picking him because he picked you. Notice that you didn't say anything about me or the other guy who randomly selected. I'm not sure if experienced players are allowed to be mafia or not in this round, but that seems kind of suspicious.

Actually, I take that back. Encouraging bandwagon mentality towards the person who voted you doesn't necessarily make you mafia I guess. I'm not sure who to vote for at this point
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:34:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 1:32:15 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/11/2011 12:58:29 PM, m93samman wrote:

I win with the town; socialpinko, your "guessing" isn't very convincing. We have 10 players this game, so we're going to have either 3 or 4 mafia, most likely 3. I'm going to VTL socialpinko to see how he responds to pressure. I recommend that someone follow my lead so we can start getting organized

I would, but it looks like you're only picking him because he picked you. Notice that you didn't say anything about me or the other guy who randomly selected. I'm not sure if experienced players are allowed to be mafia or not in this round, but that seems kind of suspicious.

True, but here's my reasoning for choosing him specifically. Headphonegut voted first, and that's typical of all players (mafia and town). I don't really have a lead on him. Socialpinko in his first game might be mafia trying to slide under the radar, while casting his vote.

I really don't have anything to go off of yet, but you probably would have been the next person I pressure. For now though I'm gonna stick to socialpinko, gut hunch. Depending on his response, I'll act.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:36:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 1:34:35 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/11/2011 1:32:15 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/11/2011 12:58:29 PM, m93samman wrote:

I win with the town; socialpinko, your "guessing" isn't very convincing. We have 10 players this game, so we're going to have either 3 or 4 mafia, most likely 3. I'm going to VTL socialpinko to see how he responds to pressure. I recommend that someone follow my lead so we can start getting organized

I would, but it looks like you're only picking him because he picked you. Notice that you didn't say anything about me or the other guy who randomly selected. I'm not sure if experienced players are allowed to be mafia or not in this round, but that seems kind of suspicious.

Actually, I take that back. Encouraging bandwagon mentality towards the person who voted you doesn't necessarily make you mafia I guess. I'm not sure who to vote for at this point

Regardless of what you think, I'm not going to tell you how to act. You have an independent mind of your own; if you're a townie, though, I suggest you follow my lead. I'm playing in our favor right now.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:41:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 1:37:17 PM, Denote wrote:
I suppose I'll unvote tvellalott right now and wait for social's reponse

That still wouldn't really help the town's coordination.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:44:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 1:41:06 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/11/2011 1:37:17 PM, Denote wrote:
I suppose I'll unvote tvellalott right now and wait for social's reponse

That still wouldn't really help the town's coordination.

I'm going to give him a reasonable amount of time to react. If he takes too long, or doesn't answer in a reasonable timeframe, I'll vote. I don't want to be to lynch-happy on my first game, hence why I unvoted tvellalott now that we have a suspect that more than one person is (potentially) willing to vote for.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:45:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Fair enough.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 1:46:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to respond. I voted M93 just randomly as this is my first mafia and I'm not sure how we're supposed to find mafia members. However, M93 responded pretty defensively to my vote so now I'm beginning to think he really is mafia. So for now I'm going to keep my vote the same. It makes sense that Askbob would pick the more experienced players to be mafia actually though.

I'll keep my vote on m93samman
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 2:27:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 2:09:20 PM, Denote wrote:
Yeah, social seems to be playing that, "I'm new here" card for all it's worth.

I'm not playing any sort of 'card'. Don't brand me as a mafia member because I had the misfortune of choosing a bandwagon leader.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 2:47:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know about my vote now so I will unvote snipe
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 2:51:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/11/2011 1:36:29 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/11/2011 1:34:35 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/11/2011 1:32:15 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/11/2011 12:58:29 PM, m93samman wrote:

I win with the town; socialpinko, your "guessing" isn't very convincing. We have 10 players this game, so we're going to have either 3 or 4 mafia, most likely 3. I'm going to VTL socialpinko to see how he responds to pressure. I recommend that someone follow my lead so we can start getting organized

I believe it's two mafia read askB's first post and since you want too start off strong and take suspicion away from you I'll put my bet that you're mafia.

Regardless of what you think, I'm not going to tell you how to act. You have an independent mind of your own; if you're a townie, though, I suggest you follow my lead. I'm playing in our favor right now.

I love how in this statement you make everyone equal "playing in our favor right now" gee you know I bet hitler something very similar. so I vote m93samman
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 2:55:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Headphone, who said "I believe it's two mafia read askB's first post and since you want too start off strong and take suspicion away from you I'll put my bet that you're mafia." ?...
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 2:59:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have no idea I'm sure it's quoted somewhere though
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2011 3:00:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-O-Tron:

m93samman - (2/5) - socialpinko - headphonegut

socialpinko - (2/5) - m93samman - Denote
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos