Beginner Game 3-2 Day Phase 1

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:39:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules:

1. You may not screenprint your role pm or any pms for any reason. Ever. This will never change. Do it and I will modkill you. You may also not copy and paste the contents of your role pm. You may only summarize.

2. You may not be inactive for an entire day phase, otherwise you will be replaced

3. You must ask all private questions in your role pm.

4. You must vote for a person in bold Example: "Vote john"

5. You may unvote at any time in bold

6. Once a majority of votes has been obtained on a player in the day phase, or the mafia have selected him to be killed at night, the player will be lynched (removed from the game) and may not post in any of the threads or pms. The person is out of the game.

7. Townies may be considered for replacements

8. Please ask me unlimited amounts of questions via pms.

9. You may not communicate with anyone about this game in Private Messages unless I have created the Private Message and am a part of the private message. If anyone else is doing this, it is cheating. Report them immediately.

10. Please be active and post.

11. You may vote for a "No-Lynch" in bold. If there is a majority the game will proceed to the night phase.

Role PMs are being sent out currently. Mafia players will receive a PM which will inform them that they are mafia. A Private Message will be created between the mafia members and myself by myself. Townie players will receive a PM which will inform that they are townie and nothing else. No PM will be created for Townies. Mafia will know who the townies are and who the mafia are. Townies will not know who the townies or the mafia are.

The mafia goal is to survive without being lynched (voted off) during the day phase. They will try to kill off who they perceive to be the most valuable townie player at night. There will be three mafia players. When 6 townies have been eliminated, the mafia will win. The reason for is this because with 3 townies and 3 mafia, the mafia will just not vote. This will cause a "no-lynch" where no one is lynched and the game proceeds to the night phase where the mafia will kill off a townie and then lynch the next one during the next day phase as they will then have the majority of 2 to 1.

The townie goal is to prevent the mafia goal of winning and to eliminate all mafia players. The game will not end with a townie victory unless all mafia players have been eliminated.

As soon as a player has been lynched (voted out) the dead persons allegiance (townie or mafia) will be announced and the game will change from day phase to night phase. What this means is that the mafia will kill someone and have time to decide who they will kill. During this time there will be no posting in the day phase. After the kill has been decided, the next day phase will immediately start and the killed player will be announced along with his allegiance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the possible role pms since you are all beginners you can see them all. There are also a number of fake role pms so that you all just can't randomly role claim.

You are the reviver and may bring a dead townie back to life at any point in the game. You can only use this ability once and are a townie.

You are the mason recruiter. You are aligned with the Townies. So what is the mason recruiter? Every other day phase you get to pick a player and have them included in a secret pm. You will die if you pick a mafia player or you will survive and the mafia member will become a spy within your organization. The mafia member (upon you choosing to recruit them) will be given a choice whether or not they would rather have you die, or become a spy within the masons. This means that the people who you recruit are not guaranteed to be townie players as they could be a mafia spy in disguise. The player will not be recruited into the masons regardless of their alignment until the next day phase. You may also not discuss in your mason pm who you would like to recruit or who you recruited. This way if you die, your teammates will be unsure of who the mafia member you tried to recruit was. If you discuss who you would like to recruit prior to recruiting, regardless of that persons true allegiance, you will miss your recruiting opportunity. If you discuss who you attempted to recruit after you died (if you recruited a mafia member) then your team will be penalized in the form of a modkill. And I will be displeased. Your mason teammates will be notified with the same message of not discussing recruitment. It is a personal choice for you only to make and for you only to discuss. This is to keep the game fair. You are allowed to recruit on Day Phases 1, 3, 5, 7. You may choose to recruit them any time during the day in your role pm by saying __RECRUIT__THEIR__SCREENNAME_.

You are the beloved princess and if you are killed during the day, you will lose a day phase. If you are killed at night, you will lose a night phase. Thus it is terrible when the townies kill you, but not so bad if the mafia kill you. If you are killed during day phase 1, then the mafia will get two kills in a row for as day phase 2 will be skipped. If the mafia kill you at night then the town will get two lynches in a row as the night phase will be skipped.

You are the mafia suicide bomber. At any point in the game you can attack a townie and suicide bomb them. You will die as well as the townie who you target. Remember the doctor can only protect themself at night so the day phase is probably your best bet.

You are the survivor. Your goal is to get through this game alive. If you survive until the end, you win. If you die, you lose. You are not aligned with either the townies or the mafia but are on your own team.

You are the (mafia/townie) politician. Every night phase you can steal a players vote and make them vote for whoever you want. They can vote for themself, they can vote for you, they can vote for who you think is (townie/mafia), etc. You have been assigned either a mafia or townie alignment which will be undisclosed in the forums but apparent in your pm.

You are the tracker and can "follow" one player per night. You will be told who they visit but not what they do. This only applies to role actions and not pms. Thus if a doctor protects someone, they will have visited them. If the politician steals someones vote, they will have visited them. You are a townie. Etc.

You are the jack of all trades and may either heal, kill, or investigate someone every night. You are aligned with the town. Announce your decision to me any time in the role pm and it will happen during the night phase.

You are the doctor and can protect someone once per night. You may also choose to protect yourself instead of others. The person who you protect will not be killed by the mafia. This means if the mafia tries to kill the person you protected, it will not work and they will lose the chance to kill. You are a townie

You are the mafia godfather. You have no special powers except that you're badass and you appear innocent on investigation.

You are the jester. You are neither mafia nor townie but third party. You are on your own team. You win the game if the townies lynch you. You lose the game if you survive or are night killed by the mafia. Your goal is to be lynched during the day phase.

You are a vanilla townie and have now powers. You are aligned with the town.

You are the vigilante. Once every other night you are allowed to kill a player of your choice. You are aligned with the town. You are allowed to kill someone on Night Phases 1, 3, 5, 7
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:39:46 PM
You are the mafia whore. No this is not an insult. You have the awesome ability of blocking a townies role. You will block their role at night or in the day depending on the nature of their role. You get to use your power once a per night phase.

You are the townie miller. You have no special powers except that when you are investigated, you appear guilty.

You are the bulletproof townie. You cannot be nightkilled by the mafia. You are aligned with the town. So if the mafia attempt to kill you, they will be blocked and will lose a chance at killing you. You can however be lynched.

You are the copper and can investigate someone once every other night. If they are mafia they will appear guilty. If townie they will appear innocent. You are a townie. You may investigate someone on Night Phases 1, 3, 5, 7
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:43:35 PM
Also adding on three more role:

You are the bomb, if someone kills you, both you and the killer will die. Your allegiance will be told to you in the role pm.

You are the paranoid gun owner, if someone uses a night action on you, you will kill them. It doesn't matter what night action it is or if it's a mafia kill
Your allegiance will be told to you in the role pm.

You are the bus driver, you can choose to switch someone's role action to target another player of your choice. Your allegiance will be told to you in the role pm.

Classic Mafia PM

In this thread you discuss your strategy for surviving the day phase, helping out teammates when they are in sticky situations or made an error in judgement.

Remember you do not want to be discovered and killed but want the others to lynch themselves.

At night both of you will have to mutually decide upon a player to kill. It's always the wisest in non-role games to pick the player who is most dangerous to you. Beware though that your choice doesn't indicate who you are. Also beware that your votes don't look organized (one coming right after the other, always agreeing on things, defending each other to no end)

Remember if one dies but the other survives until the end, you still win so be careful that if someone makes a huge blunder the other doesn't go down with the ship.

Some things in mafia games that typically identify mafia:

Lurking - being online without posting in the day phase is always a good sign that the player might be mafia. Sometimes inactivity (not posting much) helps the mafia because it keeps suspicion off of them. However it can also draw suspicion towards you. Be careful with every post.

Accusations - Someone made a stupid mistake so you should capitalize on it and get that person lynched! Not always a good idea because if everyone else realizes that it was just a mistake they might get suspicious of you for pressuring everyone to lynch someone who just made an obvious error.

Lying - self explanatory

Bandwagoning - A player gets one vote then both mafia members vote for the person so now he has three votes and is one away from being lynched.

Hammering - Being the one to kill the enemy especially if there's no real reason to do so. Get in before the end and allow someone else to make the final decision.

Voting without a reason - Make sure you don't just randomly vote for someone without saying anything. Make your vote then explain why you are voting that way. Have a reason for everything you do and make sure the reason makes sense. This allows you to appear as a legit townie.

Saying you are mafia - as stupid as it sounds sometimes people admit it before they are lynched. Also after you are lynched share no information because you could be hurting your teammate.

Agreeing on everything - disagree and disagree on the forum so everyone can see you disagree. Don't ever appear to always agree with each other. Convince each other of things on the forums.

Also on Voting without a reason - you can vote on someone randomly in the beginning just say "to start out the game" "to get the ball rolling" You can even make a joke of it at first. Just beware of doing it after the beginning. You will be found out as mafia. So again have a reason even if that reason is "just a random choice using a random number generator"

in role games it's best to pick the player who is the biggest threat to your team based first upon the role then upon players skill.

You can choose to post a lot, you can choose to post very little. Take advice from above ^^ for how not to be caught as a mafia member. And basically you want the townies to lynch themselves. That's your primary goal. The townies think you are all townies.

I think that a tip for anyone that is not sure about how to be a good mafia player (a member of the mafia), is that you have to play as if you are town. If one of your mafia brothers says something that would raise suspicion to you if you were town, then you need to poke and prod at it as if you were town.

1. There is never a rule based on past games:

"Askbob never did X in past games therefore he won't do it in this game"

I am apt to do whatever I please. Only the rules are for certain

2. No mafia game will give you the number of mafia, only in beginner games will this sometimes happen.

3. mafia will never be given advice, this is done by me for beginners

4. I will give advice just not game information

5. Only give your role action in a pm only ask questions to me in a pm

6. Remember that there are mafia members who are actively lying, don't bandwagon and do have independent thoughts

7. If you are mafia, act like a townie
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And in depth explanation of mafia games:
http://ddomafia.com...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:44:03 PM
At 4/14/2011 6:43:25 PM, badger wrote:
did you just give us the roles in the game?

as in all of them and just them?
signature
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:45:14 PM
Active Players:
1. Denote
2. Badger
3. headphonegut
4. usafkid
5. SocialPinko
6. AndromedaZ
7. Snipe
8. bluesteel
9. nerdykiller

Replacements:
1. tvellalott
2. nonentity
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:45:35 PM
At 4/14/2011 6:44:03 PM, badger wrote:
At 4/14/2011 6:43:25 PM, badger wrote:
did you just give us the roles in the game?

as in all of them and just them?

yes role pms are being sent out
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:56:50 PM
wait do we choose? or am I being a ditz?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:03:04 PM
At 4/14/2011 6:39:33 PM, askbob wrote:
Rules:

1. You may not screenprint your role pm or any pms for any reason. Ever. This will never change. Do it and I will modkill you. You may also not copy and paste the contents of your role pm. You may only summarize.
CONTRADICTION
VVVVVVVVVVVV
You are the beloved princess and if you are killed during the day, you will lose a day phase. If you are killed at night, you will lose a night phase. Thus it is terrible when the townies kill you, but not so bad if the mafia kill you. If you are killed during day phase 1, then the mafia will get two kills in a row for as day phase 2 will be skipped. If the mafia kill you at night then the town will get two lynches in a row as the night phase will be skipped.

You are the mafia suicide bomber. At any point in the game you can attack a townie and suicide bomb them. You will die as well as the townie who you target. Remember the doctor can only protect themself at night so the day phase is probably your best bet.

You are the survivor. Your goal is to get through this game alive. If you survive until the end, you win. If you die, you lose. You are not aligned with either the townies or the mafia but are on your own team.

You are the (mafia/townie) politician. Every night phase you can steal a players vote and make them vote for whoever you want. They can vote for themself, they can vote for you, they can vote for who you think is (townie/mafia), etc. You have been assigned either a mafia or townie alignment which will be undisclosed in the forums but apparent in your pm.

You are the tracker and can "follow" one player per night. You will be told who they visit but not what they do. This only applies to role actions and not pms. Thus if a doctor protects someone, they will have visited them. If the politician steals someones vote, they will have visited them. You are a townie. Etc.

You are the jack of all trades and may either heal, kill, or investigate someone every night. You are aligned with the town. Announce your decision to me any time in the role pm and it will happen during the night phase.

You are the doctor and can protect someone once per night. You may also choose to protect yourself instead of others. The person who you protect will not be killed by the mafia. This means if the mafia tries to kill the person you protected, it will not work and they will lose the chance to kill. You are a townie

You are the mafia godfather. You have no special powers except that you're badass and you appear innocent on investigation.

You are the jester. You are neither mafia nor townie but third party. You are on your own team. You win the game if the townies lynch you. You lose the game if you survive or are night killed by the mafia. Your goal is to be lynched during the day phase.

You are a vanilla townie and have now powers. You are aligned with the town.

You are the vigilante. Once every other night you are allowed to kill a player of your choice. You are aligned with the town. You are allowed to kill someone on Night Phases 1, 3, 5, 7
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:06:17 PM
At 4/14/2011 7:02:13 PM, ChristianM wrote:
Got role.

I'll start this off. I vote to NO LYNCH this day phase.

y wy why WhY WHY?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:07:22 PM
Got role.

no.. we pressure someone..
signature
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:09:08 PM
Got role.

I don't want to make an enemy too early but I Vote ChristianM. It seems very mafia to want to skip the DP. This way you and your mafia buddies don't get lynched and you get to move on to the NP.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:11:47 PM
Lynch-O-Tron:

No Lynch - (1/5) - ChristianM
ChristianM - (1/5) - socialpinko
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:12:14 PM
Lynch-O-Tron:

No Lynch - (1/5) - ChristianM
ChristianM - (2/5) - socialpinko - badger
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:13:22 PM
At 4/14/2011 7:10:38 PM, badger wrote:
vote christian

Now badger is simply bandwagoning it seems. So badger could be mafia and is bandwagoning to get to the NP or badger and Christian are both mafia and badger is simply bussing. Either way I am now suspicious of badger.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:15:25 PM
or social you're pointing that out so we won't be suspicious of you
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:15:27 PM
actually unvote vote social pinko.. he's only pointing stupid fingers now.. i was gonna try and have him claim after anyway if christian didn't come up mafia..
signature
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:17:59 PM
WAIT that doesn't make sense unvote socialpinko
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 7:19:24 PM
At 4/14/2011 6:45:14 PM, askbob wrote:
Active Players:
1. Denote
2. Badger
3. headphonegut
4. usafkid
5. SocialPinko
6. AndromedaZ
7. Snipe
8. bluesteel
9. nerdykiller

Replacements:
1. tvellalott
2. nonentity
3. weird