Jump to topic:

Random request to future mods

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 11:17:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Please make me vanilla in your games more often. I really think that is what's best, though not once in the history of mafia have I ever been vanilla. However without fail, bluesteel, askbob and I will ALWAYS be targeted first. Period. For investigations, for kills, etc. and it really sucks because it basically means that if we're mafia, we will be found out immediately no matter what... and if we're town, we'll die asap. Also we are always the ones being watched, tracked, etc. which basically just makes every mafia game about us for the first few day phases until we're dead and the town moves on. People (OreEle) will say I'm just being cocky but every single person who has modded can confirm this to be true about us being the first and prime targets. Now it's clear mods say they assign roles randomly but that is quite obviously bullsh!t in most cases. In the MEME game, I was the role blocker, askbob was the JOAT and bluesteel was the vig (and badger was the badger... lol give me a break). Of course this coincides with my observation that we have all never been on the same team. What I'm saying is that if the mods made bluesteel vanilla, then the town wouldn't have suffered so much despite him being targeted first. But what always happens is that the town/mafia lose their big roles because they're always given to us. I dunno. It's just annoying and I always feel guilty when I get a good role because I know it will quickly be useless. Blue and Bob might get mad at me for this request lol but I really think it's for the best :P
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 11:20:00 PM
I can verify that the MEME game was, indeed, random. Our RNG is apparently just awesome. Seriously, we're too lazy to bother with balancing the town and Mafia player-wise.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 11:42:44 PM
its not the mods fault, you just have to develop a new style of play.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 12:19:04 AM
Duly noted. I try to avoid having any vanilla roles in my mafia games, because vanilla players are so inactive.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 10:43:18 AM
And it is just random.

But, really. NP1 (of the alcohol game), you were only targeted by 1 person. You weren't targeted by the cop, or the watcher, or the vig, or either of the big three investigators.

But really, if you don't want to be anything other than vanilla, why do you play?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 12:50:16 PM
and i wasn't really paying attention in oreele's game.. but in fairness to you, i did think you'd be the most fun to target :)
signature
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:04:31 PM
In the meme game nobody targeted you though. You weren't night killed and you weren't investigated. The only reason you were lynched was because you were CC'd.