Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:19:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Winners - Town

Losers - Mafia and 3rd party

Players and Roles...

Tim - Mafia Godfather - Single Malt Scotch. As the epitome of high classy life, nothing beats puffing on a cuban cigar and drinking a nice glass of peaty scotch (neat, of cource), sitting by a fire watching the stars. But all those other liquors are stealing your glory, they need to be reminded that they are nothing but peasent drinks. You appear innocent on investigation. Stay classy.

Danielle - Mafia Roleblocker - Everclear. At 195 proof, you are practically pure ethanol. You can make any other drink plastered, and so take away their night actions if they have them, however, they also become bulletproof in the process.

Belle - Town Vig - Tequila Shots. Nothing says bada$$ like an alcoholic shot, made from a plant that has thorns instead of leaves, right? Well, close enough, even though you make so many fru fru drinks, but that is only because people cannot handle your pure bad-a$$-ness straight. You may kill one person each NP.

M. Torres - Town Doctor - Bourbon. Someone gets a nasty cut? Pour some whisky on it. Someone gets shot? Pour some whisky on it. Some died on a cross 3 days ago? Pour some whisky on 'em. Nothing fixes people right up like some whisky. You are the doctor, you may protect someone each NP, however, you cannot protect yourself.

Askbob - Town Big 3 Inestigator - Tokyo Tea. You are the Tokyo Tea, one of the strongest mixed drinks. There are three of you super strong mixed drinks, and one of you is mafia, but you don't know which. Each night, you can investigate 1 player to see if they are one of the big three, but you won't be told if they are the guilty one or not. Also, you may want to keep your head down, because if that bad one accidently bumps into you, he'll get the suprise of his not-so-long life.

TVellalott - Town Revivor - Pinot Noir. You're kind of light and fruity, but apparently, you're made of the blood of some dead guy about 2,000 years ago (I bet that aged well). You may revive one player during any NP.

Innomen - Town tracker - Chocolate Cake Shot. You've been getting alcoholic lightweight girls that can't handle hard liquor drunk since…well, at least since 2008 when my wife found out about you. These lightweights can't handle how good you taste and so get completely wasted. So wasted that they can't even find their way home and end up wandering all over town. Thankfully you can track them. You may track 1 player each night to see if they visited anyone.

Nonentity - Town Big 3 Investigator - LILT. Same as Askbob

Lovelife - Mafia Mason (Big 3 member) - AMF. You are the AMF, one of the strongest mixed drinks. You have the ability to recruit players into a "mason" PM with you. So you can gain their trust, learn their roles, and turn them on each other. However, there are 2 townies that if you accidently recurit, they (along with everyone else currently in that thread) will be informed that you are mafia.

Koopin - Mafia Framer - Mojito. You're not a gay drink (yes you are). Tons of people love you (all gay men that know fashion and a few desperate chicks). But for some reason, everyone thinks that you're a gay drink (come on, you're about as straight as JimProfit). Well, you're tired of it (being the catcher?) and so you're going to join the mafia and can frame any player each NP so that they appear guilty (of what? being gay?), or you can cover the tracks of one of your mafia brothers (gay brothers) so the tracker cannot follow you.

M93samman - Town Miller - Moonshine. Having to be made is bathtubs and various other not-so-clean places and not given any time to age, you taste like sh!t, but that's not your fault, since everyone thinks that you're guilty. But there is good news, if you survive until after prohibition (to NP3) you obtain watcher powers.

Bluesteel - Town Cop - Bud Light. You're a light beer, so shut the fvck up and just be happy that you made it in a game with real alcohols. But since you're so light, it is okay for cops to drink it and still do their job (isn't it? Well it is now!). You may investigate 1 person each night to find if they are town, mafia, or third party.

Badger - 3rd party JOAT of disruption - Absinthe. You're the green fairy, but one that packs a kick. Ranging around 120 proof, you don't mess around, and when you were made for the cheap poor bastards, you even caused some nice side effects (Hallucinations, or, at least, that is what some wanted the people to think). You are a JOAT of disruption. You have several one shot abilities.
A) Switch to player's roles for a night phase.
B) Allow one player to use their power twice in a single night phase.
C) Have one player be publically outed at the beginning of the next phase.
D) Make everyone's power hit a random player (meaning that every power used goes to a random target, not that every power hits the same target choosen at random), this one must be used last.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:30:17 PM
At 4/15/2011 4:27:09 PM, nonentity wrote:
Yah lovelife's role PM didn't say anything about the other mixed drinks... I was wondering why she didn't fake claim lol

I had assumed that given that she was told that she was one of the big 3, and that there are 2 drinks to avoid, that someone in the mafia would connect that the other "big 3" were apart of the game, and she would want to avoid those two drinks.

however, I do see the mistake in that.

I also should not have told Nonentity and Askbob that the two town big 3s were the same role, only that their roles find other big three members.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:37:03 PM
At 4/15/2011 4:32:14 PM, innomen wrote:
Great game OreEle, nicely done.

Apart from the opening blunder, I think it went rather smoothly.

I am probably going to try to incorporate the mafia mason (with individuals that they ought not target) into more games.

The way it was going to happen, if they recruited the wrong target, would be that the PM would open with me saying "Here is your Mason thread, and you now find out that _________ is a member of the mafia."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:46:01 PM
At 4/15/2011 4:37:03 PM, OreEle wrote:

I am probably going to try to incorporate the mafia mason (with individuals that they ought not target) into more games.

The way it was going to happen, if they recruited the wrong target, would be that the PM would open with me saying "Here is your Mason thread, and you now find out that _________ is a member of the mafia."

Did you make up that pain in the arse role?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:49:22 PM
I absolutely loved my role...until nonentity said askbob had the same role. Then I was surprised when i was able to go, like 3 days without dying xD
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:50:23 PM
also you should make typical masons, and godfather masons, etc in your games too. that way mason doesn't automatically become suspicious, every time.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:51:54 PM
At 4/15/2011 4:46:01 PM, innomen wrote:

As far as I know. I'm sure someone else has thought of it before, but I didn't take it from anywhere.

I was debating like crasy what to do with the big three. I wanted the LIIT and the AMF, but they were so close to each other that people would think that one was a fake claim, so I added the tokyo tea and called them the big three.

I was first thinking of doing something like the three little pigs from the story mafia game, and making that a mason thread (where the three had to agree on who to bring in, so the mafia could influence, but not control), but I shyed away from that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:53:38 PM
I think for the most part it was a good game. I think the town was a bit over powered, the joat was interesting.

I think OreEle, and Danielle are my two fave mods really.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:57:43 PM
I did also find like 3-4 other drinks that were really similar, so i want to know what makes those three so special, and that it was easy to call out that there couldn't possibly be four. I mean aside from things that had to do with my own playing.
Do those three like have some kind of relevancy to each other or something?
Google came up with nothing...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 4:58:36 PM
At 4/15/2011 4:49:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
I absolutely loved my role...until nonentity said askbob had the same role. Then I was surprised when i was able to go, like 3 days without dying xD

I thought the perfect way to do it would be...

Recruit some active townie (Bluesteel would be prime, though Askbob would have ended it) on NP1.
Recruit the godfather NP2 (to semi confirm them)
then just start recruiting townies.

Eventually, you'd get investigated and found guilty and killed, but everyone (namely the Godfather) would likely be viewed as confirmed, and since the GF could be investigated as innocent, that will only help the claim.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:00:06 PM
At 4/15/2011 4:57:43 PM, lovelife wrote:
I did also find like 3-4 other drinks that were really similar, so i want to know what makes those three so special, and that it was easy to call out that there couldn't possibly be four. I mean aside from things that had to do with my own playing.
Do those three like have some kind of relevancy to each other or something?
Google came up with nothing...

Those 3 just happen to be the most popular, at least in this area. And actually, I thought the Tokyo Tea might have issues. Here, every bar knows what an AMF and Long Island are, but only about 1/2 know about the Tokyo Tea.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:02:39 PM
I think the next time I use the Mafia Mason (which won't be any time soon). I'll have the bad targets be completely random, rather than specific targets.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:08:16 PM
At 4/15/2011 4:51:54 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/15/2011 4:46:01 PM, innomen wrote:

As far as I know. I'm sure someone else has thought of it before, but I didn't take it from anywhere.

I was debating like crasy what to do with the big three. I wanted the LIIT and the AMF, but they were so close to each other that people would think that one was a fake claim, so I added the tokyo tea and called them the big three.

I was first thinking of doing something like the three little pigs from the story mafia game, and making that a mason thread (where the three had to agree on who to bring in, so the mafia could influence, but not control), but I shyed away from that.

The role threw me. I specifically asked in the game how could someone be a town Mason, who originated the mason thread with the mod, and be mafia, and there was no answer (that i saw). I began to get a bit suspicious with LL, but still couldn't figure out how she could be mafia in a Mason thread. If she were a spy, well she wouldn't have originated the thread but would have entered some how later.

Anyway, lovelife did well in the PM, so hats off to her in that.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:12:38 PM
I liked the Big 3 role. That was a good one.

How about some Mod feedback?
How did no townie die NP4?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:15:24 PM
At 4/15/2011 5:12:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I liked the Big 3 role. That was a good one.

How about some Mod feedback?
How did no townie die NP4?

Mafia targeted Belle, who was protected by the doctor.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:22:28 PM
Reviver for the win. ^_^
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 5:27:07 PM
Personally, I was really happy that the game did not die of partisipation issues. Though I do appologize to the Replacements that waited to get a chance to play, but never did.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 7:50:11 PM
My original plan:

Recruit danielle, and then askbob, then bluesteel, and then innomen, I would think who else after that.
about halfway through dp1 I realized askbob had to be kicked off the list, and nonentity shouldn't go on at all.I did recruit danielle to buy some thinking time on my new stratagey.
her role in order to protect my fake claim I claimed I recruited belle.
np2 I gave up hope of living and felt suicidal as fvck. uit askbob and nonentity, but because nonentity died, (hint, mafia didn't do a good communication job, especially after danielle died) oreele gave me a second chance so I was all "just fvk it, I'll pretend the mafia is out to get me."
so I recruited innomen, and they were mostly random, I crossed off all mafia members and askbob.
np3 I tried to find someone I myself wouldn't target, that would incriminate me but not as obviously as askbob. So I went after koopin.
np4 I just died. I didn't even think about recruiting anyone. I knew the game was lost. Though all through dp3 I bitched and whined to inno about how unfair everything was, and how the mafia is trying to frame me etc.
I wish koopin had been outed as the framer before I had been killed. Inno might have saved me for another day if that had happened.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 7:54:50 PM
Also after I bitched about my night action not going through, and said I recruited belle, and then the next night telling you guys that I got a second chance, that should have been called out too.
I know I did a kinda sucky job, and backtracked, and changed my story, and put in ridiculous shiit too, but I honestly know almost nothing about
1) my role
2) the theme
so i figured I did about average.
If danielle had lived a few more nights we would have won.
She did make a good call on killing belle tho.
we killed tv cause I misread something and thought that our kill would go before his action since his action was a non-kill.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 8:52:00 PM
lol I noticed that you recruited Koopin, and nobody said anything about the fact that, since he was known mafia, he either should have been exposed in your mason PM or you should have died (according to your claim).

I just can't believe people ignored the mountain of evidence against you :/ After I died and read the DPs I wanted to bang my head against the wall (I ranted several times to OreEle haha).

Yay for bluesteel.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 10:06:56 PM
At 4/15/2011 8:52:00 PM, nonentity wrote:
lol I noticed that you recruited Koopin, and nobody said anything about the fact that, since he was known mafia, he either should have been exposed in your mason PM or you should have died (according to your claim).

I just can't believe people ignored the mountain of evidence against you :/ After I died and read the DPs I wanted to bang my head against the wall (I ranted several times to OreEle haha).

Yay for bluesteel.

a-hahaha. yeah. I try to not rant to the mods, but to other players in a pm with the mod in it, sure :p
I think I ranted danielle's current game, basically calling everyone idiotic sheep for wanting to lynch me, because it was sooooooo retarded.
and then when I woke up this morning the vig poured me out, and I was lynched in the other game.nd i was like "damn inno, that does suck"
but that's about all the ranting I've done lately.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 10:58:25 PM
I noticed that almost every mod never takes into consideration how hard it is for the mafia to win (except for Chrys lol). In this game, OreEle made 2 townies able to easily confirm themselves (nonentity and askbob) meaning neither of them were ever going to get lynched. He put a reviver (which confirms themself as town, so they will never get lynched) as well as someone able to be revived making it even HARDER for the mafia to become the majority -- also because the revived person would not get lynched either (the town knows they're town). The roles given to the townies were completely standard (doctor, cop, tracker and vigilante... oh and a miller. Thanks!) meaning it would be incredibly obvious who the fake claims were. I think the best mods make their games balanced, and this one wasn't.
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 10:54:23 AM
At 4/15/2011 10:58:25 PM, Danielle wrote:
I noticed that almost every mod never takes into consideration how hard it is for the mafia to win (except for Chrys lol). In this game, OreEle made 2 townies able to easily confirm themselves (nonentity and askbob) meaning neither of them were ever going to get lynched. He put a reviver (which confirms themself as town, so they will never get lynched) as well as someone able to be revived making it even HARDER for the mafia to become the majority -- also because the revived person would not get lynched either (the town knows they're town). The roles given to the townies were completely standard (doctor, cop, tracker and vigilante... oh and a miller. Thanks!) meaning it would be incredibly obvious who the fake claims were. I think the best mods make their games balanced, and this one wasn't.

LOL come on. Me nonentity were easily confirmed? WAT

First off if we were confirmed we'd be vanillas so immediately that tells you the power roles. The mafia lost because they killed off vanillas all game and lovelife essentially confirmed herself as mafia. Bad luck with badger choosing your role,but honestly it was some shitty claiming and crap night actions that lost it for your team. Not the mod
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 11:07:05 AM
At 4/16/2011 10:54:23 AM, askbob wrote:
the best mods make their games balanced, and this one wasn't.

Lovelife was the first person to role claim, and outed herself because her role was different than yours and nonentity's. The mod told nonentity that the 2 townies had the same role. Ergo, you and nonentity were confirmed and could never (would never) be lynched. The mafia ONLY wins when the town MISLYNCHES. Tell me who the fvck you would have lynched: the person who claimed cop, tracker, doctor, reviver or vigilante? Obviously not.

First off if we were confirmed we'd be vanillas so immediately that tells you the power roles.

Umm. We killed the vigilante (power role) night phase 1. She was revived. Fail.

The mafia lost because they killed off vanillas all game and lovelife essentially confirmed herself as mafia.

Lovelife confirmed herself as mafia because the 2 townies confirmed themselves with the same role. You believed nonentity from the start because she had the same role as you, and lovelife was the third with a different role. If this wasn't obvious to you and everyone else then you/them are fvcking retarded.

Bad luck with badger choosing your role,but honestly it was some shitty claiming and crap night actions that lost it for your team. Not the mod

Lovelife had no choice with her claim (mason recruiter). I never got a chance to claim because I was investigated guilty right off the bat. Someone CC'd cop because the mod sucked and included only power roles, meaning those who claimed power roles would be safe. I stopped participating in the mafia when I died but that was smart on behalf of the mafia. The ONLY mistake they made (and I have NO FVCKING IDEA WHY THEY DID IT) was kill nonentity np2. Who's idea was that?

Aside from that, everything you said is bullsh!t.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 11:08:41 AM
Bob you've got your head so far up your own a$s that you cannot even admit when you win that it wasn't because of your "awesome" skills. The mod sucked. He assigned ONLY power roles to the townies, along with a reviver. Period. The town did not mislynch once... and how could/would they?
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 11:31:34 AM
At 4/16/2011 11:07:05 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/16/2011 10:54:23 AM, askbob wrote:
the best mods make their games balanced, and this one wasn't.

Lovelife was the first person to role claim, and outed herself because her role was different than yours and nonentity's. The mod told nonentity that the 2 townies had the same role. Ergo, you and nonentity were confirmed and could never (would never) be lynched. The mafia ONLY wins when the town MISLYNCHES. Tell me who the fvck you would have lynched: the person who claimed cop, tracker, doctor, reviver or vigilante? Obviously not.

The only part I think was unfair was oreele telling us the townies had the same role. He either should have not told us that, or informed lovelife that he told us that.

First off if we were confirmed we'd be vanillas so immediately that tells you the power roles.

Umm. We killed the vigilante (power role) night phase 1. She was revived. Fail.

The vigilante is a pro-mafia role by most means. More than likely the vig mis-hits and kills inactive townies.

The mafia lost because they killed off vanillas all game and lovelife essentially confirmed herself as mafia.

Lovelife confirmed herself as mafia because the 2 townies confirmed themselves with the same role. You believed nonentity from the start because she had the same role as you, and lovelife was the third with a different role. If this wasn't obvious to you and everyone else then you/them are fvcking retarded.

It was obvious like i said above oreele should have informed lovelife he told us that

Bad luck with badger choosing your role,but honestly it was some shitty claiming and crap night actions that lost it for your team. Not the mod

Timbeech CC'd cop because the mod sucked and included only power roles, meaning those who claimed power roles would be safe. I stopped participating in the mafia when I died but that was smart on behalf of the mafia. The ONLY mistake they made (and I have NO FVCKING IDEA WHY THEY DID IT) was kill nonentity np2. Who's idea was that?

Timbeech didn't cc' the cop he first came up with a really shitty fake claim then I showed how it was bullshitt, then he cc'd the cop right after the cop claimed.

lol i thought the same thing myself about nonentity
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 11:39:53 AM
At 4/16/2011 11:08:41 AM, Danielle wrote:
Danielle you've got your head so far up your own a$s that you cannot even admit when you don't win that it wasn't because of the mod. Your team sucked. They came up with shitty role claims, and crap night actions. Period. The town did not mislynch once because a townie was modkilled, a third party role happened to out the mafia when he could have easily done it with town, the mod didn't inform lovelife that he told us about having the same role, and timbeech and koopin cc'd the two most powerful roles in the game... so how could/would they?