Jump to topic:

Concept Mafia games?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 6:22:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What are "concept games"? What makes a game a "concept game" as opposed to a normal game? Is having new roles enough to qualify as a concept? Does it need a certain number of new roles or a % of new roles?

I'm just trying to see if we can come to some kind of agreement on what is and what is not a concept game.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 6:46:38 PM
It's the concept that I don't care about the list
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 7:29:18 PM
At 4/15/2011 6:46:38 PM, askbob wrote:

There is no such thing as a concept game; if you want to try a small concept game, get on the list. If you want to try a large concept game, get on the list.

It's just bullsh!t used by people who don't want to wait.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 12:14:41 AM
At 4/15/2011 6:46:38 PM, askbob wrote:

You mean This list?

SMALL GAMES (<14 players)

In progress: Alex (PotC)

- Kahvan
- Korashk (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
- M.Torres (Green Day)
- xxdarkxx
- bluesteel (Naruto)
-rogue
- FREEDO (Salem Witch Trials)
- tvellalott (Magicians)
- feverish
- mattrodstrom (starwars!)
-innomen (Soviet Mafia)
-Koopin
-Chysippus
-LF (libertarian)
-OreEle (Animal Kingdom 2: Pitch Black Ocean)
-Johnicle (TBD)
- ChristianM (Apocalyptic Mafia: Revisited)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 6:52:01 AM
At 4/15/2011 6:22:40 PM, OreEle wrote:
What are "concept games"? What makes a game a "concept game" as opposed to a normal game? Is having new roles enough to qualify as a concept? Does it need a certain number of new roles or a % of new roles?

I'm just trying to see if we can come to some kind of agreement on what is and what is not a concept game.

well you can't make the joat the bad guy :) people aren't gonna be expecting that kinda twist at all. even if i do get mentioned in the op.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 6:56:38 AM
At 4/16/2011 6:52:01 AM, badger wrote:

well you can't make the joat the bad guy :) people aren't gonna be expecting that kinda twist at all. even if i do get mentioned in the op.

well you should've given them more than 4 night phases to figure it out anyway.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 7:49:16 AM

well you can.. but call it a concept game or something to spare yourself ;)
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 8:49:06 AM
Concept games are supposed to try new themes that deviate from traditional mafia. Technically I think my concept game would apply, even though the premise of concept mafia to skip the list is kind of retarded. As askbob said - sometimes people just don't care about the list. People coming up on the list are Kahvan (who hasn't played mafia in forever), xxdarkxx (who hasn't played and when he does sign up just stays completely inactive and is a burden cuz he needs to be replaced in EVERY game), rogue (stfu), FREEDO (who I've never played with in my life -- and I've played in almost every game), feverish (who only really mods and doesn't play, and that's not fair), etc. So I'm not gonna play in any of these games and more from the list. In the meantime, if others want to host games on the side I will play in theirs if I'm interested in the theme or whatever.

I think the people on the list SHOULD get to host and the list is cohesive; however, I'm just choosing not to play in theirs and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to play in another game that's being hosted simultaneously. People can boycott any games they want. Meanwhile if there's interest in them, I don't see why they should be stopped...? The only thing that sucks is people playing in multiple games. I recently had the same role in 2 games and was mafia with the same people in a few games and that was confusing. But I've learned my lesson and won't sign up for that many games at once, though it's up to the individual.
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 8:53:30 AM
he probably just enjoys mafia but doesn't want to play. i remember him saying it was very time consuming before and i suppose it is.
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 8:56:14 AM
At 4/16/2011 8:52:04 AM, badger wrote:
why is it unfair that feverish mods but doesn't really play?

Because a lot of people prefer modding to playing. I know Korashk does, and so do I -- yet we play in other people's games to help them come into fruition. It's not that it's "unfair" so much as seems almost like he's not paying his dues, so to speak. Again this is just my perspective. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything and I bet feves game will be awesome. If it's before May 2 I might even play in it.
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 8:57:22 AM
At 4/16/2011 8:54:28 AM, badger wrote:
i really don't care the game or the mod as long as there's a game. and variety is fun too :)

so i suppose a list's really not too bad an idea. but if someone comes up with something i think might be interesting while some other person from the list also has sign ups i might have to go with my interest :)
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 8:59:28 AM
At 4/16/2011 8:56:14 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/16/2011 8:52:04 AM, badger wrote:
why is it unfair that feverish mods but doesn't really play?

Because a lot of people prefer modding to playing. I know Korashk does, and so do I -- yet we play in other people's games to help them come into fruition. It's not that it's "unfair" so much as seems almost like he's not paying his dues, so to speak. Again this is just my perspective. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything and I bet feves game will be awesome. If it's before May 2 I might even play in it.

how are you helping them come into fruition in playing? jeez i'd have thought modding would be fairly boring.. all work no fun..
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 8:59:30 AM
At 4/16/2011 8:55:00 AM, badger wrote:
why?

Because work will consume my soul. I will literally have ZERO free time Monday--Friday.
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 9:00:03 AM
At 4/16/2011 8:59:30 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/16/2011 8:55:00 AM, badger wrote:
why?

Because work will consume my soul. I will literally have ZERO free time Monday--Friday.

oh yeah! well that sucks. you should get like an iphone or something?
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 9:02:18 AM
At 4/16/2011 8:59:28 AM, badger wrote:
how are you helping them come into fruition in playing? jeez i'd have thought modding would be fairly boring.. all work no fun..

I hate playing compared to modding. Playing is annoying because you have to rely on dumb teammates lol. Modding is fun because I like coming up with balanced games. The planning is the fun part for me. I'm a Labor Studies major with an emphasis in management lol I prefer managing things :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 9:04:37 AM
At 4/16/2011 9:00:03 AM, badger wrote:

Haha no I will not be getting an iPhone to play mafia :P Also I will be working >.< I'll miss ya though badge. I'll come say hi on the weekends maybe :P
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 9:06:10 AM
i do believe you're forgetting an r at the end of my name there.. and have done so before.. i put it there for a reason :P
signature
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 10:40:38 AM

mafia joat's are used all the time...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 11:01:34 AM
At 4/16/2011 10:40:38 AM, lovelife wrote:

mafia joat's are used all the time...

no they're not.
signature
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 11:27:47 AM
damn....
is mafia like the most important thing on this site? o.0
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 11:28:44 AM
At 4/16/2011 11:27:47 AM, lovelife wrote:
damn....
is mafia like the most important thing on this site? o.0

i love it dearly :)
signature
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2011 9:30:58 PM
At 4/16/2011 9:04:37 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/16/2011 9:00:03 AM, badger wrote:

Haha no I will not be getting an iPhone to play mafia :P Also I will be working >.< I'll miss ya though badge. I'll come say hi on the weekends maybe :P

Well damn. I have the perfect role for you in my magician mafia. :(
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...