Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Beginner Game 3-2 Endgame

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:36:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
TOWNIE VICTORY

Active Players:
1. Denote - mason recruiter
2. headphonegut2 (replaced usafkid/ChristianM) - vigilante

Graveyard:
1. headphonegut - Jester - Third Party - Lynched by the town on DP1
2. badger - Survivor - Third Party - Killed during the Night Phase 1 by the mafia
3. bluesteel - suicide bomber - mafia - killed andromedaZ on DP2
4. AndromedaZ - Jack of All Trades - townie - killed by bluesteel on DP2
5. Socialpinko - Beloved Princess - mafia - lynched by the town on DP2
6. Nerdykiller - Reviver - townie - killed NP2 by the mafia
7. Snipe - Roleblocker/Whore - mafia - killed NP2 by the vigilante
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:41:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mason Recruiter - Denote
NP1 - Recruit Snipe
NP2 - Irrelevant

Vigilante - Headphonegut
NP1 - Kill Snipe - Blocked my mafia whore
NP2 - Kill Snipe

Suicide Bomber - bluesteel
DP2 - Bomb AndromedaZ

JOAT - AndromedaZ
NP1 - Investigate Nerdykiller - Result = Innocent

Reviver - Nerdykiller
Night actions not applicable due to NP1 no one being dead
NP2 - game over

Snipe
NP1 - block Headphonegut2
NP2 - block nerdykiller

Mafia
NP1 - Kill Badger
NP2 - Kill Nerdykiller
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:41:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
dang, good job vig.

guess that strategy would have failed either way if the reviver revived a townie.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:44:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 10:41:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
dang, good job vig.

guess that strategy would have failed either way if the reviver revived a townie.

what can I say I'm awesome.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:45:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Damn we lost. Oh well better luck next time.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:45:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mason PM
http://www2.picturepush.com...

Mafia PM
http://www3.picturepush.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:47:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1-Jester-headphonegut
2-town-headphonegut
3-mafia

what can I say I keep count
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:50:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 10:46:54 PM, Snipe wrote:
Captain Hindsight.

We should have just tried to get a mislynch in the second day phase.

naw, I still like our plan. It was fun.

In hindsight, social should have claimed his actual role - beloved princess, over miller.

And yeah, all it took was one townie voting for another townie and we could have hammered. But it would have been hard to do that will all suspicion on both you and social.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 10:55:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 10:50:37 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/18/2011 10:46:54 PM, Snipe wrote:
Captain Hindsight.

We should have just tried to get a mislynch in the second day phase.

naw, I still like our plan. It was fun.

In hindsight, social should have claimed his actual role - beloved princess, over miller.

And yeah, all it took was one townie voting for another townie and we could have hammered. But it would have been hard to do that will all suspicion on both you and social.

no, we would have DEFINITELY lost then, nvm.

the reviver would have revived someone and we'd all be outed as mafia. dang

town was a wee bit overpowered askbob. Had we all claimed your recommended roles: beloved princess, miller, and vanilla, in any game the vig and JOAT would have made quick work of us.

I guess that just meant we needed to win this one in the DP, by getting the town to mislynch without us looking suspicious.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:01:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
*bulletproof, miller, vanilla

those along with beloved princess claims are always night killed first
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:06:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:04:51 PM, Snipe wrote:
Was head told he was roleblocked? If not he should have thought I was bulletproof.

askbob usually tells people if they are visited by the whore.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:08:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
P L A Y E R -- R A N K I N G S

1. headphonegut - MVP - he won as the jester then came back and won it for the townies. For his first night action he correctly picked a mafia and then continued doing so on NP2. He could have this through blind luck, but his analysis (when he was town) was decently spot on and he floated around from mafia to mafia member.

2. bluesteel - his team was doing terribly and he himself was getting suspicion for being inactive. He came up with the mafia plan which almost won the game for the mafia. Had headphonegut picked nerdykiller first (nerdykiller was his NP3 action) the mafia would have won the game. He exploited all the right loopholes to devise a comeback strategy that put his team in a nearly winning position.

3. Denote - Correctly picked off a mafia member who he recruited and pushed for his lynched. Had he pushed harder for Snipe, the mafia would have had no chance to comeback. He monitored Snipes activity after he recruited him and deduced he was mafia. He was right about social as well.

4. Badger - Did fairly well and if it wouldn't have been for the mafia, probably could have won this as well. He did a pretty good job of appearing innocent so that the mafia thought he might have a power-role.

5. AndromedaZ - correctly lynched a mafioso and kept his trap shut about his role and night phase action. Both excelent decisions for when he found nerdykiller innocent. He couldn't have anticipated being suicide bombed. He did a great job none-the-less and was clearly feared amongst the mafia.

6. Snipe - His gameplay was definitely different and it showed from last game. The townies could sense it as well. He also hesitated and considered killing off the mason recruiter which would have been a mistake, however his hesitation cost him as well when Denote sensed he was mafia by his delay in responding to the mason pm. He should have hopped on board. Being recruited was a great advantage. But it's a beginner game and now he knows that a mason recruiter who can recruit anyone is essentially a vanilla townie who is easy to manipulate.

7. Socialpinko - didn't do a great job in coming off innocent and had suspicion on him since DP1, luckily it semi-worked to his advantage, however the mafia should win by killing off townies by mislynching not having to sacrifice one of their own due to major suspicon by the townies. He should not have claimed miller which was a trap set up by me in the mafia pm. It was early in the game so he was also pretty unlucky and bluesteel was inactive to give him pointers.

8. Nerdykiller - He wasn't active all that much, when he was he made some good deductions, but his inactivity caused the town to fear him which resulted in him getting investigated NP1 and getting killed by the mafia NP2 and he would have been killed NP3 by the vigilante.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:16:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:06:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:04:51 PM, Snipe wrote:
Was head told he was roleblocked? If not he should have thought I was bulletproof.

askbob usually tells people if they are visited by the whore.

he was not told he was roleblocked but was led to believe bulletproof/doctor/whore
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:19:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 10:55:26 PM, bluesteel wrote:
town was a wee bit overpowered askbob. Had we all claimed your recommended roles: beloved princess, miller, and vanilla, in any game the vig and JOAT would have made quick work of us.

I always take into account of who is playing on what roles I assign. You were essentially the only experienced player who was on the mafia's side, thus the town was overpowered. But they are noobs so I was expecting the vig to kill a townie. Also there were 2 third parties.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:25:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey teammates, advice I would have given you if I was able to log on at the time:

1) you have to VTL your teammates if you are mafia. Refusing to do so is an obvious tell. Snipe, you and I could have easily won this one if we both pushed for social's lynch DP1. It would have made us both look innocent when he came up guilty.
2) people check your log in activity; never log out as a mafia tactic, it will backfire
3) role claim as quickly as you can when you're mafia; pick the claim ahead of time so when you actually have to claim, you can do so without delay.
4) don't push hard pressure on DP1; town is looking for any excuse to make people claim in the early game and demanding roles from others is an obvious mafia tell
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:27:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:25:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Hey teammates, advice I would have given you if I was able to log on at the time:

1) you have to VTL your teammates if you are mafia. Refusing to do so is an obvious tell. Snipe, you and I could have easily won this one if we both pushed for social's lynch DP1. It would have made us both look innocent when he came up guilty.
2) people check your log in activity; never log out as a mafia tactic, it will backfire
3) role claim as quickly as you can when you're mafia; pick the claim ahead of time so when you actually have to claim, you can do so without delay.
4) don't push hard pressure on DP1; town is looking for any excuse to make people claim in the early game and demanding roles from others is an obvious mafia tell

Sweet advice man.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:32:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:19:30 PM, askbob wrote:
At 4/18/2011 10:55:26 PM, bluesteel wrote:
town was a wee bit overpowered askbob. Had we all claimed your recommended roles: beloved princess, miller, and vanilla, in any game the vig and JOAT would have made quick work of us.

I always take into account of who is playing on what roles I assign. You were essentially the only experienced player who was on the mafia's side, thus the town was overpowered. But they are noobs so I was expecting the vig to kill a townie. Also there were 2 third parties.

It's just the combination of the two kill roles and the reviver made it pretty tough; even if they accidentally lynched or killed a power role, reviver could have fixed it. And even if we managed to get another mislynch on the mason, again, reviver could have fixed it, or either kill role could have fixed it.

I guess it's mostly the reviver that made this really hard. If the reviver was a doc, this would have been balanced. lol, we still would have lost though.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:09:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
in terms of the reviver it was a one-use role who had a good probability of not using his role. In this game he could have only revived a third party vanilla.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:11:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2011 12:09:11 AM, askbob wrote:
in terms of the reviver it was a one-use role who had a good probability of not using his role. In this game he could have only revived a third party vanilla.

lol, that's true. Had we rb'ed and killed headphone first, he likely would have revived badger though, which is still an extra vote for them. Although maybe snipe could have convinced badger that denote was lying.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:14:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
haha who knows, i wasn't really going for balanced in this game though, I put forth minimal effort. The main point was to educate about all the common roles. This format is perfect for beginners because it allows them to be familiar with more roles than there are players. Because they don't know which roles are in the game or not, players have to read through the different role pms to see what could be in the game. Normally players only get interaction with their pm, this format allows multiple games of experience in just one game.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:56:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's chill. Hopefully they learned something.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 1:00:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2011 12:56:16 AM, bluesteel wrote:
It's chill. Hopefully they learned something.

yeah that I'm awesome
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 1:17:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2011 1:00:46 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 4/19/2011 12:56:16 AM, bluesteel wrote:
It's chill. Hopefully they learned something.

yeah that I'm awesome

lol, I look forward to playing with you again. Go sign up.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
nerdykiller
Posts: 856
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 2:36:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 10:41:50 PM, bluesteel wrote:
dang, good job vig.

guess that strategy would have failed either way if the reviver revived a townie.

AAAAHHH
I wanted to revive Andro