Total Posts:71|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Concept Mafia - RESULTS!!!

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:33:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You can all thank badger for being a fvcking douche bag and ruining the game. Completely out of the blue, for absolutely no reason whatsoever he decided to out the entire mafia AND their roles randomly during the day phase... even though his team was about to win. Sure, nobody had to believe him but what he said made perfect sense so the town would have figured it out. Not to mention that it was just completely immature, selfish, unnecessary and rude. All mods put work into their games and he ruined mine for absolutely no reason (the mafia can verify this -- I have no idea why he did that). It's not like anybody was fighting or anything in the thread. It was truly random.

Still, I did not mod kill badger because he hadn't broken any rules. Nor did I say anything to him aside from calling him a douche bag (cuz he is) in the mafia pm once. That was it. Then he decided to create a new thread and I told him it was closed, and opened a new one for his convenience. Still he kept being his usual immature self and refused to post in the correct mafia thread, so I mod killed him because posting in closed threads or non-official threads not started by the mod IS against the rules and he was pissing me off. Anyway, this is why he called me a bitch in askbob's game.

Future mods should think twice about allowing him to play.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:33:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
WINNER: Congratulations, LaissezFaire!

The mafia and town can share second place I guess...

MVPs: Korashk, askbob and mattrodstrom all did an equally excellent job. They would have won had I been smart enough not to let a drug addict play in my game.

== NOTES ==

* Koopin just so happened to copy LF's role on np1, so at first I thought he won too. Upon further examination he did not retain LF's win condition or affiliation -- just his ability.

* OreEle, see matt's role for why you were RB every night...

* CCstate's target was Leafrod who would have become the DOCTOR upon being targeted.

* I clarified that the roles were made up by DDO members -- not roles that have never been used. Several of them were used in other games. There were no flavored roles. The only reason I said the Lie Detector couldn't check the same phrase twice is because like everybody else I think posting "I win with the town" every day phase is annoying.

* I cannot figure out why tvellalott kept watching himself! What was the point of that?! If the mafia targeted him for a kill, he would have been DEAD and not able to report his findings of who visited him anyway. Haha he even said in the day phase that he was watching himself but the mafia never picked up on it and didn't target him :P

== TOWN ROLES ==

Bluesteel: You are the Judge. Like the vigilante, you have the option to sentence a player to death each night phase. The player on trial will be selected via RNG by the moderator. You win with the town.

[Created by: Danielle] I like this lesser powered vig role. I think these concept roles can be used in the future to help mods balance games. I truly chose each of his targets at night randomly too. He even got the same person twice.

OreEle: You are the Role Keeper. Each night phase you can check to see if a specific role title is in the game (though you will not learn affiliations). You win with the town.

[Created by: Danielle] I thought this was was necessary for this game, and in fact can be useful in all mafia games. For instance the mafia often role claims bulletproof. Well this role could check to see if there's really a bulletproof in the game or not. It's an interesting flavored investigative role I think.

Mongoose / Lovelife2: You are the Lie Detector. Each night phase you may select a phrase someone made from the previous day phase and check the validity of their claim. However, you cannot check the same phrase (or an extremely similiar variation) more than once. You win with the town.

[Created by: Vi_Veri] This quickly became a staple in mafia games for some reason. I figured I should use it since there was no cop.


Ccstate4peat: You are the Mentor. The mod has selected 1 person at random prior to the game with an additional role to be activated upon your selection. Every night phase you may select one player. If you target the right townie, they will get an additional power. If you target the wrong player, nothing will happen. You win with the town.

[Created by: Bluesteel] Blue never told me whether or not to tell the target that they were "a target" so to speak, so I chose not to because I figured 2 townies could easily confirm themselves that way. I also thought it'd be more fun for CCstate to guess. Upon Leaf's death I told CCstate about his dead target because I felt bad and didn't want him to think I was just BSing him or have his night action be futile every night.

Lovelife1: You are the Messenger. Each night phase you may send a PM to any player and talk for the duration of the night phase. You may only choose one player per night but can choose a different player each night, regardless of their affiliation. You win with the town.

[Created by: ???] I don't think I invented this role but maybe I did.

Leafrod: You are the Mercenary. You will be "hired" into a PM with the third person to vote to lynch you regardless of their affiliation. You win with the town.

[Created by: Korashk] He uses different variations of this role which is interesting cuz the mods can switch it up accordingly.

Tvellalott: You are the Trapper. Each night phase you can set a trap by watching a particular player. If anyone visits that player for the duration of 2 night phases, you will be informed. You can set a new trap (watch a new player) every night. You win with the town.

[Created by: Danielle] I think it could be for 3 nights in big games :)

Koopin: You are the Apprentice. On night phase 1, you may select any player of your choice. Upon their death, you would retain their role (not affiliation). Until then you are vanilla. You win with the town.

[Created by: ???] I'm not gonna take credit for this since it's just a variation of a role copier.

M.Torres/LaissezFaire2: You are the Body Builder. You start with no votes, but each day you survive the power of your vote will increase. For example, on dp2 your vote will count as 1 vote, on dp3 your vote will count as 2 votes, etc. You win with the town.

[Created by: Mongeese] He didn't submit a role title so I made one up. I think it would be interesting if someone in the mafia had this role (or a limited variation), and I almost considered giving it to the mafia just because people would assume they were town.

== MAFIA ROLES ==

Korashk: You are the Ring Leader. You are a mafioso and your teammates are [people], but they will not be in the PM with you to start. Each night phase, you may select one teammate to join you in the mafia PM. You have the final say in who the mafia kills at night and who will carry out the kill. You win with the mafia.

[Created by: Danielle] Because the town was disadvantaged by having a harder time figuring out which claims were BS, I decided to disadvantage the mafia by not allowing them to collaborate with night actions by keeping them apart at first. They couldn't strategize together right off the bat coming up with fake claims or anything. This actually HELPED the mafia cuz what happened is that they all pitted against each other (interesting phenomenon lol). It wound up confusing the sh!t out of the town, but the downside is that they all seemed to wanna get each other killed without knowing who had what roles which coulda sucked.

Askbob: You are the Truth Teller. You are a mafioso who can fool the Lie Detector. You win with the mafia (though you will not be included in their PM for now). Your teammates are [people].

[Created by: Alex] Self-explanatory to counter the Lie Detector role Vi created. A second Godfather of sorts.

Mattrodstrom: You are the Castrator. You may select any townie on night phase 1 and make them Vanilla for the remainder of the game. Your teammates are [people] though you will not be included in the mafia pm for now.

[Created by: Bluesteel] Great role. I can't believe Blue didn't mention he submitted this role! It explained why OreEle was blocked every night.

Badger: You are the Dodger. You can avoid one player's night action every night; however, you can only select a player once per game. You win with the mafia, though you will not be included in the PM for now. Your teammates [people].

[Created by: Danielle]

== THIRD PARTY ==

LaissezFaire1: You are the Martyr. Like the jester, your goal is to get killed; however, you must be killed by the mafia in order to win. You are a third party player and win with yourself.

[Created by: Danielle] I hate the jester role because it's too easy for them to win. This actually requires some strategy but is a feasible condition.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:39:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know. This game was so crazy I didn't know who to trust or what consequence might eventuate from watching other people.
I figured if I was role-blocked on the night I didn't set the trap on myself I'd catch mafia.
I've been pretty fail the last couple of mafia games. I'm going to try to get back to my old self and put too much effort in to scum-hunting/townie-manipulating rather than not enough.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:40:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Some damn good roles in this game Danielle. Sorry that badger did that, I have no clue why.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:42:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't list the mafia roles I submitted in case someone claimed Mason, so I would know they were the mafia mason role I submitted. It didn't occur to me that the castrator's target might not be told they had been stripped of their role. But I realized as soon as badger ruined the game and outed matt's role that he was telling the truth. Otherwise, I might have NK'ed OreEle anyway, thinking badger was pulling some trick. Anyway, why didn't matt hammer OreEle? That would have been game over.

Ironically, OreEle came up with a mafia mason separately in the alcohol game, which now explains my willingness at the time to believe lovelife was lying in OreEle's game.

I guess I could have played better this game. Note that my suggestion of killing badger first then korashk was correct... I'm getting tired of playing on DDO since no one ever seems to follow my suggestions. I can't post 15 page rants every time I want someone to follow my logic and even when I do, like in OreEle's game against lovelife, people just FOS me. It's annoying to be right and not listened to.

;( no shout-out for correct use of night actions to win this one? I correctly deduced that I had to kill askbob... and not kill Oreele...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:44:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Thanks for the game :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:44:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But tv - if you were killed, how would you post in the day phase who you caught visiting you? I know it was hard to know who to trust, but I think that's because the mafia just did a really good job confusing people. Maybe I'm biased cuz I knew who was mafia. But overall I don't think you (or the town) did poorly... except for them voting NL like 3x in a row, which you were against anyhow.

@ askbob, ty.
President of DDO
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:46:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lol i played terribly this game and my claim was pure crap. It was only through badgers spamming of the DP thread that we forced no lynches for 4 in a row. People were just too timid because they couldn't tell for certainty what claims were bull and which weren't.

Matt definetly came up with a great claim, korashk's claim was terrible and at first I thought badgers claim was horrible, but it somehow worked even though it put matt in a terrible position.

I'd give MVP to matt, bluesteel, and OreEle this game.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:47:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:42:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Anyway, why didn't matt hammer OreEle? That would have been game over.

Danielle allowed Unvotes since TV was also practically lynched that first time.

I figured My hammering would've been suspicious.. and cause an unvote and suspicion on Me and badger :/
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:49:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm also not a big fan of allowing unvotes as it allows for mods to basically interfere with the mechanics of the game.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:50:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:46:28 PM, askbob wrote:
Lol i played terribly this game and my claim was pure crap. It was only through badgers spamming of the DP thread that we forced no lynches for 4 in a row. People were just too timid because they couldn't tell for certainty what claims were bull and which weren't.

Matt definetly came up with a great claim, korashk's claim was terrible and at first I thought badgers claim was horrible, but it somehow worked even though it put matt in a terrible position.

I'd give MVP to matt, bluesteel, and OreEle this game.

least valuable player - ccstate - had a chance to hammer korashk, in the one DP we managed to get people to agree on something; declined to do so.

least valuable player 2 - lovelife; god awful use of night powers. should clearly have tested korashk or matt's claim.

danielle, why did you fvck with as as far as the lie detector as well, saying it would count as a visit?

whoever came up with korashk's claim should get mad props though.

This explains why this game was so frustrating. The three most active players besides myself were all mafia. we had one townie who may as well have had a no-voting role for the amount he logged on.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:51:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I thought the badger thing was brilliant. I thought that it at least woulmindfvck the town for a while.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:51:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:44:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
But tv - if you were killed, how would you post in the day phase who you caught visiting you?

I wouldn't have. :P As I said, I was hoping some NON-KILL role was used on me.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:51:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:42:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
But I realized as soon as badger ruined the game and outed matt's role that he was telling the truth. Otherwise, I might have NK'ed OreEle anyway, thinking badger was pulling some trick.

Yeah, that's why the game didn't continue. Once you chose not to kill OreEle the last night I knew it would be game over, cuz matt woulda been lynched and then Korashk and meh it just sorta woulda been a waste of time. Or maybe I just got frustrated.

Anyway, why didn't matt hammer OreEle? That would have been game over.

That's a good question lol. I dunno - I guess he was just being matt :P

I'm getting tired of playing on DDO since no one ever seems to follow my suggestions. I can't post 15 page rants every time I want someone to follow my logic and even when I do, like in OreEle's game against lovelife, people just FOS me. It's annoying to be right and not listened to.

Lol join the club. I have no problem ranting... I think it's hilarious. Most of the time I sit on my laptop in the living room just cracking up telling my roommate "Omg you should see the stir I have created on the interwebz lol watch me be a mad bitch" and then I put the screen up on the big TV and she watches me just rant and laughs along. But don't you sometimes wish it were possible to be a 1-man team?! ;D Nah but seriously this game is frustrating. Tvellalott actually got mad and quit mid-way through the game at some point. I know the feeling of being genuinely pissed too. It's all good. Just take it as a compliment that people FOS you when you're right lol it works for me :P
President of DDO
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:52:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:47:40 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:42:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Anyway, why didn't matt hammer OreEle? That would have been game over.

Danielle allowed Unvotes since TV was also practically lynched that first time.

I figured My hammering would've been suspicious.. and cause an unvote and suspicion on Me and badger :/

ahh, makes sense. I would have just confirmed with her that she was online and would call the DP after a few minutes, then do it at a time where lovelife and I weren't online to unvote...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:53:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
yeah inactivity was terrible in this game, even though one post qualifies you as active, you should still just replace those people to be fair to the town.

Also Korashk's claim was inventive but it screwed us. Koopin died and TV was pretty close to being confirmed which outed mattrod, this outed in turn badger, since i "tracked" badger, it outed me.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:54:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:51:44 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:42:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
But I realized as soon as badger ruined the game and outed matt's role that he was telling the truth. Otherwise, I might have NK'ed OreEle anyway, thinking badger was pulling some trick.

Yeah, that's why the game didn't continue. Once you chose not to kill OreEle the last night I knew it would be game over, cuz matt woulda been lynched and then Korashk and meh it just sorta woulda been a waste of time. Or maybe I just got frustrated.

Anyway, why didn't matt hammer OreEle? That would have been game over.

That's a good question lol. I dunno - I guess he was just being matt :P

I'm getting tired of playing on DDO since no one ever seems to follow my suggestions. I can't post 15 page rants every time I want someone to follow my logic and even when I do, like in OreEle's game against lovelife, people just FOS me. It's annoying to be right and not listened to.

Lol join the club. I have no problem ranting... I think it's hilarious. Most of the time I sit on my laptop in the living room just cracking up telling my roommate "Omg you should see the stir I have created on the interwebz lol watch me be a mad bitch" and then I put the screen up on the big TV and she watches me just rant and laughs along. But don't you sometimes wish it were possible to be a 1-man team?! ;D Nah but seriously this game is frustrating. Tvellalott actually got mad and quit mid-way through the game at some point. I know the feeling of being genuinely pissed too. It's all good. Just take it as a compliment that people FOS you when you're right lol it works for me :P

Can we get an Elitist game going sometime? Like, invite only game? Cause it seems the same people cause the same problems each time.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:55:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:51:44 PM, Danielle wrote:
Anyway, why didn't matt hammer OreEle? That would have been game over.

That's a good question lol. I dunno - I guess he was just being matt :P

Lwerd wasn't on at the time and we were afraid matt would hammer and then a townie would unvote which would bring the entire deck of cards down on our scheme. Technically we won and the game was over though.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:55:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:46:28 PM, askbob wrote:
Lol i played terribly this game and my claim was pure crap. It was only through badgers spamming of the DP thread that we forced no lynches for 4 in a row. People were just too timid because they couldn't tell for certainty what claims were bull and which weren't.

It's true. This is why badger is a fantastic mafioso (oh wait... no, cuz he cheats). He just rambles in every game and you don't know what to make of it.

Matt definetly came up with a great claim, korashk's claim was terrible and at first I thought badgers claim was horrible, but it somehow worked even though it put matt in a terrible position.

I agree. That was a very risky claim by badger. But am I the only person who liked Korashk's claim?! Haha I thought it was actually a really good role idea and was going to incorporate it on the list of submitted roles even though he came up with it during the game I think. Just FYI @ Korashk that there is actually a real mafia role called Oracle (though I think it suits this role better).

I'd give MVP to matt, bluesteel, and OreEle this game.

Nah. No offense but how can a townie win MVP when the town did not even lynch one mafioso lol. I guess props to bluesteel for killing you. Yeah your claim was bad but by that time it didn't matter cuz it was clear the town was so confused and you guys were in the lead. Plus it was somewhat believable since there weren't any other traditional roles I s'pose. OreEle was unfortunately impotent this game. Haha no pun intended (I just remembered matt's role was the castrator :P).
President of DDO
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:56:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
by the time lwerd was on, badger pulled his stunt and was modkilled, then it was too late.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:56:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You know something, my role was fvcking useless for using on myself, since none of the mafia had roles I could catch. ZOMG!!!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:58:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:33:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
WINNER: Congratulations, LaissezFaire!
lol, easiest win ever.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2011 11:59:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:49:14 PM, askbob wrote:
I'm also not a big fan of allowing unvotes as it allows for mods to basically interfere with the mechanics of the game.

This is possible but I have always had a rule that nobody was officially lynched until the mod called the day phase. For some reason it was never an issue (nobody even mentioned it) before this game. I can see why it's problematic though I'm genuinely 50/50 on the issue. I think the mod needs to clarify before the game though, and I did say the day phase ends when the mod says so (since there were roles that affected voting) so I had to stick with it.
President of DDO
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:02:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:59:07 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:49:14 PM, askbob wrote:
I'm also not a big fan of allowing unvotes as it allows for mods to basically interfere with the mechanics of the game.

This is possible but I have always had a rule that nobody was officially lynched until the mod called the day phase. For some reason it was never an issue (nobody even mentioned it) before this game. I can see why it's problematic though I'm genuinely 50/50 on the issue. I think the mod needs to clarify before the game though, and I did say the day phase ends when the mod says so (since there were roles that affected voting) so I had to stick with it.

well I raised the issue during the quickfire game when town accidentally mislynched instead of lynching me (actually, nonentity hammered, so technically she saved me), but you didn't count it. I understand why you'd do this in a quickfire game. That would have been a lame reason for us to win, just b/c everyone all voted at the same time since the game was moving so fast.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:03:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:50:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
danielle, why did you fvck with as as far as the lie detector as well, saying it would count as a visit?

Oh yeah! What happened was that I didn't think lovelife's action counted as a visit, so I told tv nobody had visited him. Then when someone asked me directly and I had to think about it, I was like... well I GUESS the lie detector "visits" them? So I said yes the lie detector should count as a visit. But then I realized I told tvellalot that nobody had visited him, and I didn't want to get lovelife killed cuz of that so I just pretended like I made a mistake and that no it would not count as a visit for the game. For future games though I think it should.

whoever came up with korashk's claim should get mad props though.

He did... I liked it too! Lol. A lot of people thought it sucked.
President of DDO
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:04:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:58:56 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:33:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
WINNER: Congratulations, LaissezFaire!
lol, easiest win ever.

Also, @mafia, why did you guys kill me?
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:05:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/18/2011 11:54:50 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Can we get an Elitist game going sometime? Like, invite only game? Cause it seems the same people cause the same problems each time.

Pretty sure people turned down this idea when I mentioned it before (kinda joking but kinda not lol). I know blue didn't care but some people did.
President of DDO
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:06:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2011 12:04:21 AM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:58:56 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:33:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
WINNER: Congratulations, LaissezFaire!
lol, easiest win ever.

Also, @mafia, why did you guys kill me?

figured you wouldn't be watched/doctored and were pretty inactive therefore we thought you had a decent role, you were one of the only unknown roles so we figured to play it safe and hopefully it an unwatched powerrole.

We kept you alive as town because you sucked at voting and we could rely on you to vote for a townie then we could hammer them.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:07:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2011 12:05:46 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:54:50 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Can we get an Elitist game going sometime? Like, invite only game? Cause it seems the same people cause the same problems each time.

Pretty sure people turned down this idea when I mentioned it before (kinda joking but kinda not lol). I know blue didn't care but some people did.

I use this in every game i play except not elitist, activist.

I allow the most active players to play the game. It results in much better games with the mafia truely having to rely on their playing skills instead of lynching an inactive.

Also I rarely have to do replacements.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 12:08:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/19/2011 12:05:46 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/18/2011 11:54:50 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Can we get an Elitist game going sometime? Like, invite only game? Cause it seems the same people cause the same problems each time.

Pretty sure people turned down this idea when I mentioned it before (kinda joking but kinda not lol). I know blue didn't care but some people did.

Who would you say would be in such a game?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.