Jump to topic:

Mafia game discussion: updated RC list

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 7:44:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is a thread to discuss mafia tactics and strategies. the mafia games themselves are not very helpful places to learn what other people objectively think on how to play the game I think because all oppinions are twisted to aid an objective, even if your not mafia because town are searching very hard for information to tell them something. So hard that there bond to find something even if there is nothing to find, just like if you stare at one spot in the woods long enough while hunting you can see a tree move even if it doesn't.

but here there are no objectives, just theories to post, ideas to give, and I wanted to know about who updated role/character claim post are beneficial for? Is it pro town to do this because it keeps townies up to date on all info that's been given to them? Or is it pro mafia to make this list because it gets the town in a fever to push all to fill it out in a hurry and actually helps the mafia figure out who the power towns are more than it helps the town?

Mafia vets; tell me what are the pro's and con's that you have found in making use of these list when you were town, and when you where mafia? is it usually only towns that make them or normally the mafia. or is it normally just the really active aggressive players in general that bother posting an updated list of all claims?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 10:31:48 PM
I'm a list guy and I find making lists VERY helpful, both as mafia and as town.
I keep notepad records of my thoughts on players during most of the games I play in (I was slacking off for a few games there, but I think I'm back to form again). It helps build cases against suspect people and false cases against townies.

I think we'll find some interesting things out from my concept game, hint hint. ^_-
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2011 10:37:39 PM
I like making lists... because usually the mafia are making one anyways, and a lot of townies are too lazy to keep up and pay attention to the game. I think any info the mafia might have been able to deduce from the DP is good to make public so that everyone understands what is going on.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 11:53:50 AM
Lists are, of course, good. Keeping track of claims or key things said.

The best way to be a good mafia, is to play exactly like you do for town (you don't want any tells), the down side to that, is then when you are town, people may think that you are mafia, because they can't read you.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2011 4:55:13 PM
At 4/20/2011 11:53:50 AM, OreEle wrote:
Lists are, of course, good. Keeping track of claims or key things said.

The best way to be a good mafia, is to play exactly like you do for town (you don't want any tells), the down side to that, is then when you are town, people may think that you are mafia, because they can't read you.

It's like a mirror, the good players have as many difficulties for being good as the bad players have for being bad. Best thing is to keep everyone's expectations of you low.

Oh, and don't get discouraged when you make a mistake, everyone does.