Jump to topic:

- Ideas for a new Call of Duty -

Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:00:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Call of Duty is one of my favorite video games. I think throughout the years everyone who plays FPS war games, think of some good ideas about how to make better FPS war games. I would like to hear some good ideas about what you would like to see in a new Call of Duty game or series.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:01:01 PM
At 4/22/2011 2:00:30 PM, Lionheart wrote:
Call of Duty is one of my favorite video games. I think throughout the years everyone who plays FPS war games, think of some good ideas about how to make better FPS war games. I would like to hear some good ideas about what you would like to see in a new Call of Duty game or series.

Nazi Zombies.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:02:52 PM
jet packs like in halo probably wouldn't work so well what with how easy you die in call of duty do you think? jet packs for the win though!
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:04:41 PM
have any of ye played the new red dead redemption zombie game? much the same as the first one really, only funnier. those games sucked didn't they?
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:05:26 PM
realisticaly though, get into more of the behind the scenes things. Like the bombing of the damns (with the bombs that skimmed along the water) and the dabblings into the occult that was done (maybe even make it "real" in the game).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:14:29 PM
At 4/22/2011 2:06:57 PM, badger wrote:
what're you talking about oreele? story mode?

well, yeah. Apart from that, it is really only uping the graphics and physics of the game.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:15:30 PM
At 4/22/2011 2:13:42 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
GoldenEye > Call of Duty.

Perfect Dark > Goldeneye
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:20:30 PM
At 4/22/2011 2:15:30 PM, OreEle wrote:

Perfect Dark > Goldeneye

Never played Perfect Dark. I've heard it was amazing, though.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:23:22 PM
At 4/22/2011 2:20:30 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 4/22/2011 2:15:30 PM, OreEle wrote:

Perfect Dark > Goldeneye

Never played Perfect Dark. I've heard it was amazing, though.

It's basically Goldeneye with different characters and a different story (insert aliens, and so alien guns).

I really liked. I spent weeks getting the gold medel for every single gun.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:26:09 PM
i'm kinda of the opinion that if you want a story you should go watch a movie or read a book. gameplay kinda guy. it's call of duty? it's the online competition of call duty that's what the game's really about i think..
signature
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 2:55:55 PM
Instead of having a limit to what guns, ammo, perks, etc. you can have on your soldier. I would like to see it be a little more realistic.

For guns and equipment. Have a weight to speed ratio. The more guns and equipment you carry, you would...

- Run slower

- Climb slower

- Jump shorter

- Make more noise

In addition, I think the "scavenger perk" from MW2 should be on every soldier, but you would have to actually and press a button to pickup each item the dead soldier is carrying. This would be done by looking down, pressing the scavenger button which would highlight all items available for pickup on the ground, and then let you choose between which ones you want to pick up.

Next, there should be better scope options for all the guns. Everyone that has shot a gun with a scope knows you can change the zoom strength. This zoom system should be standard in every Call of Duty game. Take off the mini map radar on the screen that shows the location of all the other soldiers, instead give the option for such a device in the equipment list. Give the option to either make it handheld or a gun attachment, and make the radar to read everyone as a real radar device would. None of this magic "cold blooded" perk. Instead of "cold blooded" or "UAV jammer" as in the past, give an option in the equipment for a device such as a jammer or scrambler, which would then become part of your equipment.

Next, instead of "perks" when creating your soldier class, have "skills". These "skills" would include movement speed, jump power, ADS speed (aim down sight speed), reload speed, shot accuracy, and stealth ability. Have these "skills" be adjusted by a certain amount of given attribute points. The number of attribute points that are able to be used would be the same for every soldier on multiplayer classes, this would keep it balanced.

Next, have an option for the other players vote and "kick" another player out of a game and or room. If the player gets voted off, he/she is out of the game or room. This would especially take care of the problems with cheaters and team killers.

Next, give players an option for creating multiplayer maps of their own design. And when entering multiplayer mode give players the option to choose between COD world maps and player created maps. COD World would only consist of the given maps created by the COD developers. Player's World or a similar name would consist of player created maps. How this would work efficiently would be as follows. Each player in the room has a custom map attached to him/her. THis map would be chosen by the player before entering the "Player's World" out of all the custom maps they have made. They simply choose the custom map that they want to bring into the "Player's World" and enter. Once in a room each player's custom map enters a map list and is seen by all players in the room. Each player then votes on the map they wish to play. I think this would bring a lot of excitement to a new COD and it would also keep the game fresh at all times. If the developers could still offer to sell new maps packs to the gamers, because they could make maps that would not be possible on the custom map creator. Also, they could sell new items to be used in the custom map creator... Such as road textures, trees, buildings, cars, etc. This would keep the money rolling in for the developers and also keep the custom maps fresh and new for the players.

I have a some more thoughts and ideas, but I would like to hear your thoughts on the ideas I have listed above, and I would also like to hear some of your ideas.

- Lionheart -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 3:01:05 PM
Something that I've always hated about some video games (I'm looking at you, Halo). Why is it that you can unload an entire clip of an assult rifle into someone without killing them, but a single pistol whip kills just about anything?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 3:06:00 PM
At 4/22/2011 3:01:05 PM, OreEle wrote:
Something that I've always hated about some video games (I'm looking at you, Halo). Why is it that you can unload an entire clip of an assult rifle into someone without killing them, but a single pistol whip kills just about anything?

just different gameplay? i don't mind it with halo though.. they pull it off.. didn't like it so much with gears of war though.
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 3:20:23 PM
At 4/22/2011 3:06:00 PM, badger wrote:

just different gameplay? i don't mind it with halo though.. they pull it off.. didn't like it so much with gears of war though.

yeah, but if 30 armor piercing rounds don't even slow me down, how the heck does slapping me with pistol kill me?!
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 3:23:31 PM
At 4/22/2011 3:20:23 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/22/2011 3:06:00 PM, badger wrote:

yeah, but if 30 armor piercing rounds don't even slow me down, how the heck does slapping me with pistol kill me?!

close combat gameplay would be tricky to make good along with being a shooter? and being a shooter the objective is usually to have shot whoever it is before ye'd get so close? and it usually takes a couple of hits in halo unless you come up behind them.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 3:24:52 PM
when you say 30 armor piercing bullets, this is halo we're talking about. the one with the aliens? you're a super human as well i'm fairly sure..
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 3:36:22 PM
At 4/22/2011 3:25:38 PM, badger wrote:
i dunno.. the whole realistic thing is lost on me when it comes to playing video games..

and stories generally.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2011 3:39:09 PM
At 4/22/2011 3:36:22 PM, badger wrote:
At 4/22/2011 3:25:38 PM, badger wrote:
i dunno.. the whole realistic thing is lost on me when it comes to playing video games..

and stories generally.

and graphics.
signature
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2011 3:34:45 PM
A WW I Call Of Duty? I had the discussion with somebody before that it would be more than just going back and forth in trenches.
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2011 4:29:44 PM
How about a Call of Duty MMO?

It would be awesome if they did it right and Sledgehammer Games is said to be working on such a project right now.

Thoughts?

- Lionheart -