Total Posts:429|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

American Folklore DP2

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 2:29:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Story:
http://www3.picturepush.com...
http://www1.picturepush.com...
http://www3.picturepush.com...
http://www5.picturepush.com...

Active Players:
1. Snipe.
2. AndromedaZ
3. Denote
4. m93samman
5. bluesteel
6. Makhno
7. OreEle
9. headphonegut
10 Tvellalott
11. nerdykiller
12. Logic_on_rails

Graves by the side of the Road:

1. Timbeech - Ichabod Craine - You are Ichabod Crane - you are fat, lazy, a moocher, and really have no redeeming qualities. You are extremely supersticious and are afraid of everything. If you are targeted by anyone of any role at night, you will run away and never return (you will die)

Found in a grave dug by the side of the road. A solitary Z was scratched upon the stone marking the grave.

2. socialpinko - Zorro - You are Zorro, a hot blooded spanish the Youth living in california who has sworn to protect the weak. You escape authorities and work outside the law in a cape and mask. Z is your trademark. Every night you may kill another player. You win with the town.
Found split in two by a large sharp device.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 3:05:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
overly confused.

tim was afraid and died by investigation?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 3:10:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 3:05:10 PM, headphonegut wrote:
overly confused.

tim was afraid and died by investigation?

He had a Z carved next to him. It's obvious who killed him. Also avenge me. The mafia must have figured out my role and offed me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 3:17:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Makhno. I'm pretty sure he's mafia; he was sliding with very little inactivity all game long.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 3:18:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 3:17:29 PM, m93samman wrote:
VTL Makhno. I'm pretty sure he's mafia; he was sliding with very little inactivity all game long.

VTL Makhno
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 3:58:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 3:18:12 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:17:29 PM, m93samman wrote:
VTL Makhno. I'm pretty sure he's mafia; he was sliding with very little inactivity all game long.

VTL Makhno

he's been posting in the Green Day game but not this one; seems like he's laying low.

If no one has anything to report, it's our best lead I guess

VTL makhno for character claim
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 3:59:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Pillory

Mahkno - 3/7 - m93samman - headphonegut - bluesteel
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 4:02:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 3:10:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:05:10 PM, headphonegut wrote:
overly confused.

tim was afraid and died by investigation?

He had a Z carved next to him. It's obvious who killed him. Also avenge me. The mafia must have figured out my role and offed me.

Avenge me is all you are permitted to say. Imparting game information after you are killed is against the rules. This time you have received a warning.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 4:27:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 4:02:09 PM, askbob wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:10:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:05:10 PM, headphonegut wrote:
overly confused.

tim was afraid and died by investigation?

He had a Z carved next to him. It's obvious who killed him. Also avenge me. The mafia must have figured out my role and offed me.

Avenge me is all you are permitted to say. Imparting game information after you are killed is against the rules. This time you have received a warning.

Sorry. Avenge me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:36:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 3:58:14 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:18:12 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:17:29 PM, m93samman wrote:
VTL Makhno. I'm pretty sure he's mafia; he was sliding with very little inactivity all game long.

VTL Makhno

he's been posting in the Green Day game but not this one; seems like he's laying low.

If no one has anything to report, it's our best lead I guess

VTL makhno for character claim

I'm not in the Green Day game, but he's had low activity, and posting in 1 game a lot more than another is suspicious. Besides, we need a new lead after the vig killed Tim and (short of something like a 2nd vig from large games, which is very, very unlikely) the Mafia killed our vig. At the moment, without a bit more information, the town will just VTNL again and be in lots of trouble.

VTL makhno for character claim
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:42:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mahkno is online, but not responding to the pressure. It's very suspicious of him, but he may just be one of those people that doesn't post much. Either way, I think he should say something, or risk being lynched.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:45:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
No one hammer him yet. Go back to day 1 and look at m93's actions. He randomly voted for mahkno then, and then now at the very beginning of this phase. Of course, if he was mafia and wanted mahkno dead that bad, I don't see why he wouldn't have killed him during the night. Just something to think about. I'm still going over day 1
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:46:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 5:45:26 PM, Denote wrote:
No one hammer him yet. Go back to day 1 and look at m93's actions. He randomly voted for mahkno then, and then now at the very beginning of this phase. Of course, if he was mafia and wanted mahkno dead that bad, I don't see why he wouldn't have killed him during the night. Just something to think about. I'm still going over day 1

Headphone gut also followed suit IMMEDIATELY WITH NO REASONS GIVEN BOTH TIMES. I'm thinking it's m93 and headphone. Of course, this is pretty risky, because if someone hammers mahkno, I'm probably dead for bringing this up.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:48:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 5:46:56 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/24/2011 5:45:26 PM, Denote wrote:
No one hammer him yet. Go back to day 1 and look at m93's actions. He randomly voted for mahkno then, and then now at the very beginning of this phase. Of course, if he was mafia and wanted mahkno dead that bad, I don't see why he wouldn't have killed him during the night. Just something to think about. I'm still going over day 1

Headphone gut also followed suit IMMEDIATELY WITH NO REASONS GIVEN BOTH TIMES. I'm thinking it's m93 and headphone. Of course, this is pretty risky, because if someone hammers mahkno, I'm probably dead for bringing this up.

And then m93 voted for tim by going "VOTE TIM VOTE TIM VOTE TIM VOTE TIM" after headphone switched to tim. Bad mafia is bad.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:54:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Pillory

Mahkno - 4/7 - m93samman - headphonegut - bluesteel - logiconrails -

m93samman - 1/7 - Denote
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:56:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And I'm not sure about bluesteel, but I'm thinking it's a possibility that he's also mafia, so my prediction is m93, headphonegut, and bluesteel maybe. I guess we'll see if I was right at the end of the game.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 5:58:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 5:46:56 PM, Denote wrote:
At 4/24/2011 5:45:26 PM, Denote wrote:
No one hammer him yet. Go back to day 1 and look at m93's actions. He randomly voted for mahkno then, and then now at the very beginning of this phase. Of course, if he was mafia and wanted mahkno dead that bad, I don't see why he wouldn't have killed him during the night. Just something to think about. I'm still going over day 1

Headphone gut also followed suit IMMEDIATELY WITH NO REASONS GIVEN BOTH TIMES. I'm thinking it's m93 and headphone. Of course, this is pretty risky, because if someone hammers mahkno, I'm probably dead for bringing this up.

If I remember correctly, yesterday's suspicions were on headphone. I don't see any reason why they should have died down. No one seems to have had any revolutionary night action or anything, which should keep him in the firing line.

Anyway, first, Makhno character claims, then we continue. Maybe headphone next and then we continue planning. Looks like town didn't do well on the night actions.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:14:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 3:58:14 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:18:12 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 4/24/2011 3:17:29 PM, m93samman wrote:
VTL Makhno. I'm pretty sure he's mafia; he was sliding with very little inactivity all game long.

VTL Makhno

he's been posting in the Green Day game but not this one; seems like he's laying low.

If no one has anything to report, it's our best lead I guess

VTL makhno for character claim

LIE. MAKHNO ISN'T EVEN PLAYING THE GREEN DAY GAME.

"List of players (Green Day DP1)

1. Andromeda_Z
2. Danielle
3. headphonegut
4. rogue
5. socialpinko
6. ccstate4peat
7. bluesteel
8. Johnicle
9. m93samman
10. anarcholibertyman
11. OreEle
12. lovelife
13. tvellalott
14. Marauder"

"Green Day DP 2.

1. Andromeda_Z
3. headphonegut
4. rogue
5. socialpinko
6. ccstate4peat
7. bluesteel
8. Johnicle
9. m93samman
10. anarcholibertyman
11. OreEle
12. lovelife
13. tvellalott
14. Marauder

Casualties
2. Danielle"


Yep. It's m93, bluesteel, and headphone. I'm not switching my vote right now because I don't think it really matters which of them gets voted at this point since we don't know their roles anyhow.

(@Bluesteel, Although I'm quite adamant about this, I apologize ahead of time if I made a stupid error.)
Makhno
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:26:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
People, are you kidding me? You been deceived.

M93, where in Green Day game did you see my posts? Sense when was I inactive in this game? You make absolutely no sense.

As I told you before, my death will not benefit good town folks.
If you looking for inactive players AndromedaZ, OreEle and nerdykiller are your bets. On another hand the most aggressive players are: m93samman, bluesteel and headphonegut.

Furthermore AndromedaZ claimed Johnny Appleseed as here character who is not a fictional character as far as I know.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:29:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 6:26:03 PM, Makhno wrote:
People, are you kidding me? You been deceived.

M93, where in Green Day game did you see my posts? Sense when was I inactive in this game? You make absolutely no sense.

As I told you before, my death will not benefit good town folks.
If you looking for inactive players AndromedaZ, OreEle and nerdykiller are your bets. On another hand the most aggressive players are: m93samman, bluesteel and headphonegut.

Furthermore AndromedaZ claimed Johnny Appleseed as here character who is not a fictional character as far as I know.

I know, I'm on your side. Read my posts. I'm 99% sure you're not mafia because my prime suspects (The ones I've caught lying and extreme bandwagoning) accused you. And they don't have to be fictional. Mine isn't fictional, he was just turned into a "legend". I suggest taking a serious look at m93, bluesteel, and headphone.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:36:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 6:26:03 PM, Makhno wrote:
People, are you kidding me? You been deceived.

M93, where in Green Day game did you see my posts? Sense when was I inactive in this game? You make absolutely no sense.

As I told you before, my death will not benefit good town folks.
If you looking for inactive players AndromedaZ, OreEle and nerdykiller are your bets. On another hand the most aggressive players are: m93samman, bluesteel and headphonegut.

Furthermore AndromedaZ claimed Johnny Appleseed as here character who is not a fictional character as far as I know.

They apparently don't have to be fictional, just a part of American Folklore.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:37:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
hm unvote

I honestly got my games confused then, denote. I wouldn't bother lying about something like that since I know that mahko would call me on it and it'd be easily verifiable.

But other than that, it seems like your theory about mafia is pretty much just to FOS the first 3 people to post in the DP. I don't think what you've said about m93 makes him mafia - everything you've described is just m93 as usual.

Headphone, however, does seem to be bandwagoning on every single attempt to pressure someone. I agree he's suspicious.

VTL headphone for claim
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:43:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Pillory

Mahkno - 3/7 - m93samman - headphonegut - logiconrails -

m93samman - 1/7 - Denote

headphonegut - 1/7 - bluesteel
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:46:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Despite you being wrong about me, I appreciate you trying to figure things out though denote. No one else seems to be adding much or even pressuring anyone. The game will go nowhere if people don't put forward theories and/or pressure people for claims.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:46:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2011 6:36:25 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 4/24/2011 6:26:03 PM, Makhno wrote:
People, are you kidding me? You been deceived.

M93, where in Green Day game did you see my posts? Sense when was I inactive in this game? You make absolutely no sense.

As I told you before, my death will not benefit good town folks.
If you looking for inactive players AndromedaZ, OreEle and nerdykiller are your bets. On another hand the most aggressive players are: m93samman, bluesteel and headphonegut.

Furthermore AndromedaZ claimed Johnny Appleseed as here character who is not a fictional character as far as I know.

They apparently don't have to be fictional, just a part of American Folklore.

It's reasonable to believe that any kind of folklore can actually be based upon true incidents.

On inactivity and aggression - it's unlikely that the Mafia fit into either category alone, likely that they are between the 2. Now, because inactives are less of a threat (ie. doing nothing is less likely to be fatal) , I want to focus on the aggressive players.

2 other things:

1. OreEle is nearly never online on weekends (or so I've heard in other games) , that may expalin his inactivity. I haven't played with the other 2 before.
2. The most important thing is that we don't get sidetracked . A no lynch is not a good idea.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 6:47:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
and makhno, I guess you did post a few times last DP in this thread, so I'm unvoting you, but if that one post is all you post this DP, I really will start to think you're trying to fly under the radar.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)