askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 11:58:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Winner:

Bluesteel
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2011 11:59:11 PM
Serial Killer

NP1 - No Target
NP2 - tvellalott
NP3 - Innomen
NP4 - m93samman

1. bluesteel - Jack the Ripper/Montague Druitt - Terror of the Victorian Age in both real life and fiction. You have the ability to kill both the fictional and the nonfiction. You are bulletproof. And also appear innocent to investigation during the day (you look like just a regular guy). Every victim who you kill will come up as a village whore regardless of what role they have. There are men after you, you face some of the greatest minds of the age both fictionally and nonfictionally. Beware of sherlock holmes, watson is watching out for him. Your alternate persona in Sherlock Holmes is Wiggins, head of the baker street irregulars. If you die, Watson will lose his message power. Watson is aware that he will lose one of his powers if another player dies but he is not informed of what character or what power he loses. The nonfiction side of the world is much more dangerous to you.

http://www.ghostsandcritters.com...

Mafia:

NP1 - Targeting Bluesteel - Blocked due to bulletproof
NP2 - Targeting Bluesteel - Stopping Sherlock & Holmes
NP3 - Targeting Nonentity - Janitoring her
NP4 - Targeting Matt - Lovelife Sacrificed

6. badger - Irene Adler - You are Irene Adler, the only temptress who stole Sherlocks heart. As you are clever enough to evade holmes, you can pick one night phase and halt both Watsons and Sherlocks powers. You do not need to know who they are.

DP1 - No Action
NP1 - No Action
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - Stopping Sherlock and Holmes
No more actions

11. Innomenn - Professor Moriatry - You are professor moriatry, you protect your group of villans and attempt to cover up their mess. You order the mafia killings and have the one-shot role as a janitor. You also decide who does the kills on your team.
DP1 - No Action
NP1 - No Action
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - No Action
DP3 - No Action
NP3 - Cover death of nonentity
no more actions

8. Koopin - Stapleton - you are stapleton. While you have no powers you are a clever bastard and chase butterflies around to appear crazy when really you're not batshit, you're a criminal mastermind. You are the anti-miller and appear innocent upon investigation.

No Actions

Townie:

2. m93samman - Professor Henry Littlejohn - You are Professor Littlejohn, the foundation of Sherlock Holmes. It is your duty to catch an evil man who has been killing women left and right. You win with the town. You are a forensic scientist and have the ability of determining the killer of a body after 4 Day Phases of investigation.

DP1 - No Action
DP2 - No Action
DP3 - Death of Tvellalott
DP4 - Death of Tvellalott
Dead

10. socialpinko - Dr. Joseph Bell - You are Dr. Joseph Bell, personification of Sherlock Holmes. It is your job to catch a mysterious killer who has been slaughtering women left and right. You win with the townies. You are famous for your logical deductions and just by watching a man you can determine his occupation and what he did recently. You essentially are a day role cop and a day tracker. Day Phase 1 - no powers - Day Phase 2 - Tracker - Day Phase 3 - Role Cop Day Phase 4 - No powers - Day phase 5 - tracker - Day phase 6 - role cop

DP1 - No Action
NP1 - No Action
Modkilled

3. Nonentity - you are a local village whore, appear innocent upon investigation and win with the town. You have no powers.

DP1 - No Action
NP1 - No Action
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - No Action

4. Danielle - A local butcher - you are a local butcher and appear guilty upon investigation. You win with the town.

DP1 - No Action
NP1 - No Action
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - No Action
Dead

9. tvellalott - Arthur Conan Doyle - You are Arthur Conan Doyle - You are the doctor and win with the town. You are also an author and have to produce a paragraph to put at the beginning of each Day Phase. Your paragraph must be from the point of view of watson. You can include anything you would like as long as it sounds as though it could have been a book. It has to be entertaining or thought provoking, otherwise I will modkill you. I am your editor. It can include encrypted messages, hidden messages, anything you'd like.

DP1 - No Action
NP1 - Story Written, protect socialpinko
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - Protect mattrodstrom
Dead

7. timbeech - Inspector Lestrade - You are the Inspector Lestrade, a skilled detective and fearless protector of the people. You are the cop and win with the townies.

DP1 - No Action
NP1 - Received Matt's investigation
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - Received Matt's investigation
DP3 - No Action
NP3 - Receive cocaine info
DP4 - No Action
NP4 - Receive cocaine info

5. lovelife - Watson - You are Watson. Sherlocks right-hand man. You are the JOAT and win with the town. You have 1-shot watcher but can only watch holmes with it, can sacrifice himself for Holmes, send messages to another player(unlimited power), 1 - shot heal but only holmes. There is one of your roles that requires that another player be alive. If he's dies you lose one of your powers.

DP1 - No Action
NP1 - Watch mattrodstrom
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - Blocked by Badger (mafia)
DP3 - No Action
NP3 - Sent TV: "My role does not mention any specific character (other than sherlock) and thus does not secifically mention bluesteel's character"
DP4 - No Action
NP4 - Sacrifice self for holmes

12. mattrodstrom - Sherlock Holmes - You are Sherlock Holmes genius in the art of deduction. You are a day cop. However if you don't have any interesting investigations for 2 day phases you will shoot yourself up with cocaine and forfeit your power for two day phases. You must investigate someone each day phase.

DP1 - Investigate timbeech - innocent
NP1 - No Action
DP2 - Investigate bluesteel - innocent
NP2 - No Action
DP3 - Cocaine-induced coma - Blocked by badger (mafia)
NP3 - No Action
DP4 - Cocaine-induced coma
NP4 - No Action
DP 5 - Investigate badger - guilty
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:00:58 AM
Game Mechanics:

Timbeech only receives matt's investigations is told he is a normal cop (takes credit for holme's investigations)
Mattrodstrom is not allowed to release his investigation results but will be allowed to after timbeech dies
fake claim of whore is given to mafia in their pm
wiggins info and lovelife info is given to serial killer in pm

Tvellalott wrote all of the text that appeared in this picture, i photoshopped it in

TV's
http://www5.picturepush.com...

Original
http://www4.picturepush.com...

Google images
http://faeryangel.files.wordpress.com...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:01:14 AM
The person mentioned in lovelife's pm is holmes not bluesteel
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:01:52 AM
Bluesteel appears innocent to holmes but guilty to nonfiction
mafia appears innocent to nonfiction but guilty to fiction
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:02:09 AM
This game was the first that I know of to feature dual stories that were based off of each other.

Watson was based off of Arthur Conan Doyle
both were army doctors
both were friends of brilliant detectives

dr. bell and littlejohn were both the inspiration for holmes.

Jack the ripper was the inspiration for most of the bad guys that appeared in the films.

The doctor could protect both fiction and nonfiction because he could protect his "characters" because he chose what they did in the story. He could protect nonfiction because he was a physician.

Forensic science wasn't perfect and thus deductions took time

Dr. Belle could deduce where a person had been as well as their occupation by looking at them during the day.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:02:33 AM
Lestrade was not a good detective and in some stories Holmes let him take credit for his investiations.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:02:48 AM
I hate you bluesteel <3
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:04:45 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:00:58 AM, askbob wrote:
Game Mechanics:

Timbeech only receives matt's investigations is told he is a normal cop (takes credit for holme's investigations)
Mattrodstrom is not allowed to release his investigation results but will be allowed to after timbeech dies
fake claim of whore is given to mafia in their pm
wiggins info and lovelife info is given to serial killer in pm

Tvellalott wrote all of the text that appeared in this picture, i photoshopped it in

TV's
http://www4.picturepush.com...

Original
http://www5.picturepush.com...

Google images
http://faeryangel.files.wordpress.com...

fixed
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:07:32 AM
rankings will come out tommorow
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:09:14 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:02:48 AM, m93samman wrote:
I hate you bluesteel <3

;-)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:14:01 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:09:14 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/25/2011 12:02:48 AM, m93samman wrote:
I hate you bluesteel <3

;-)

I killed a mafioso for you guys, at least. And blocked two of their kills.

lol, I thought until DP4 that it was just me, no mafia.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:15:49 AM
danielle was right, but for the wrong reason: I had no role cop power; the butcher thing was just a coincidence

and badger was right about me - but b/c he was mafia, apparently, so he knew I was lying b/c he tried to kill me twice

askbob also told me that nonfiction was more dangerous to me, so making that list was really helpful for me. And mafia fake claiming nonfiction made them targets (innomen)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:25:00 AM
lol, danielle was DEFINITELY right though about the ridiculousness of badger's cc

see danielle, I'm NOT that stupid . . . but I wanted you lynched
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:32:40 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:25:00 AM, bluesteel wrote:
lol, danielle was DEFINITELY right though about the ridiculousness of badger's cc

see danielle, I'm NOT that stupid . . . but I wanted you lynched

hahaha
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:41:09 AM
Wow, town was so fail this game... congrats to bluesteel though. I honestly just thought you were a complete idiot, even after I FOS'd you :p

I can't believe Danielle seriously got lynched though. That was the most retarded thing I've ever seen.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:46:56 AM
Can I just say that I love playing in your games, askbob? The fact that you keep up with the vote count and keep the night phases short and everything runs so quickly is highly appreciated <3
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:48:54 AM
By the way, what does "janitoring" mean?

It makes sense now that the mafia targeted me... I wanted to lynch both badger and innomen :p I'd wondered why they'd target a vanilla.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:49:10 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:46:56 AM, nonentity wrote:
Can I just say that I love playing in your games, askbob? The fact that you keep up with the vote count and keep the night phases short and everything runs so quickly is highly appreciated <3

) thanks glad you guys are active in them
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:49:23 AM
(that was a smiley face btw)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:51:19 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:48:54 AM, nonentity wrote:
By the way, what does "janitoring" mean?

It makes sense now that the mafia targeted me... I wanted to lynch both badger and innomen :p I'd wondered why they'd target a vanilla.

normally janitoring means that your role and allegiance are not revealed for the whole game.

In this game I told them there was a twist but did not tell them what. The twist was that their janitoring matched bluesteel. Whoever they targeted would be a vanllia whore.

I liked the confusion this created although no one really figured it out.

Also no one figured out the connection between the butcher being miller and jack the ripper.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:52:15 AM
At 4/25/2011 12:46:56 AM, nonentity wrote:

yeah, and your themes/roles are always awesome. This one was especially well thought out.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:53:58 AM
To be honest I have no clue who Jack the Ripper is, nor do I know a single thing about Sherlock Holmes, or even that the two were connected. I based the entire game on playing style really, rather than character claims.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 12:54:05 AM
The janitor also sometimes tells you the person's role, in addition to preventing it from being revealed, so mafia can fake claim it.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 2:38:53 AM
God damn. I really shouldn't have taken on Koopin's role. I knew something strange was going on, but because I couldn't say anything about my first role, I had to restrict what I would have liked to have done.

bluesteel was sickeningly powerful, but the nature of the game leveled it out quite nicely. bluesteel, why did you kill me?! I liked my first character.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 10:06:27 AM
we fvcked up a nice bit in this game.. should've pushed for you instead of danielle.. should've figured you'd kill mafia.. should've known her role would come up like it did.. i was hoping innomen could use his janitor role on her.. cool game though.
signature
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 10:06:29 AM
Pretty awesome game :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 10:10:22 AM
and danielle didn't say my counter claim was ridiculous, bluesteel. but that two millers was very possible :)
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 10:16:21 AM

... And everything else. The last day phase I was alive, I insisted badger and innomen were mafia, that you were the serial killer, and warned that koopin (now tvellalott) was likely mafia too. I even insisted not to consider tvellalott innocent. It doesn't matter what the rankings say because this game is about luck. You only came in first place because of the stupidity of other people. Had people listened to me, the game woulda been over. Since we cannot control how dumb other people are, this game will never be a true reflection of an individual's skill. That's why I'm against mafia rankings. Regardless of whether people acknowledge it, I was 100% right and that's satisfaction enough for me and my evaluation of my own abilities :) I really only care about impressing myself and lol I do.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2011 10:18:51 AM
At 4/25/2011 10:16:21 AM, Danielle wrote:

... And everything else. The last day phase I was alive, I insisted badger and innomen were mafia, that you were the serial killer, and warned that koopin (now tvellalott) was likely mafia too. I even insisted not to consider tvellalott innocent. It doesn't matter what the rankings say because this game is about luck. You only came in first place because of the stupidity of other people. Had people listened to me, the game woulda been over. Since we cannot control how dumb other people are, this game will never be a true reflection of an individual's skill. That's why I'm against mafia rankings. Regardless of whether people acknowledge it, I was 100% right and that's satisfaction enough for me and my evaluation of my own abilities :) I really only care about impressing myself and lol I do.

Miller should claim early ;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."