Total Posts:142|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Marvel Mafia DP1

Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 6:34:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules
1. Votes to lynch must be cast in bold or they won't be counted. I Repeat: won't be counted.

2. You don't have to UNVOTE to change your vote.

3. To lynch requires that one player has votes from MORE than half of the current players. Once the player has the required number of votes, they're gone. For instance, beginning with 12 players, 7 votes will be necessary for the first day's lynching.

4. You may vote for a NO LYNCH. A vote of this kind from more than half of the current players is required to end the day without kicking anyone off the show.

5. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread. You may ask me to remind players to be active, but you may not do it yourself.

6. Only current players may post in this game. You can say "oh no" or avenge me townies" after you die but nothing strategy wise.

7. DO NOT screen-print your role, DO NOT copy and paste your role. You may summarize it if you wish. Breaking this rule will result in a MOD KILL. You also may not copy/paste other parts of your PMs with me.

8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours, please post a notification in the thread. Please treat this game as a semi-serious commitment to the other players and contribute regularly.

9. All Night actions occur simultaneously, meaning that the order I receive them doesn't matter.

10. No Talking after discussion has ended. Legitimate mistakes will be forgiven, but anything else will result in a punishment of some kind for you or your team. I check my actions and if you think I am mistaken in the action I have taken DO NOT disregard the /DISCUSSION and instead contact me via your role PM.

12. If you go an entire Day Phase without posting ypu're probably going to be replaced ASAP.

13. Only two no-lynches due to lack of votes will go through. After than the person with the most votes on them at the end of the phase will be lynched. If at the end of the phase there is a tie for number of votes a RNG will decide who is lynched. If a majority of the players vote for a no-lynch, that no-lynch will not count towards the limit.

Player List:
01.) M.Torres
02.) timbeech
03.) nonentity
04.) innomen
05.) badger
06.) bluesteel
07.) m93samman
08.) Nerdykiller
09.) mongeese
10.) rogue
11.) headphonegut
12.) mattrodstrom
13.) feverish
14.) Marauder
15.) The Mighty Koopin
16.) Logic_on_rails
17.) Thaddus
18.) OreEle
19.) Johnicle
20.) socialpinko
21.) xxdarkxx
22.) tvellalott

Story (well, more like premise):
Some of The Avengers' most prominent enemies have banded together in order to fight them. Therefore they must band together like they always do in order to combat them. To help, there are numerous contractors who act as wildcards throughout the conflict.

Story (well, more like premise):
- Day phases will last ~three days. At that time I will either let the phase continue if there is sufficient activity, or call it and move to the night phase if there is not sufficient activity.
- List of Avengers can be found here: http://bit.ly...
- More detailed info about characters can be found here: http://marvel.wikia.com...
- Players should note that the theme is based around The Avengers and not Marvel at large.

You may begin!
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 6:41:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sadly, this is the most imperfect timing. I will be back on Monday morning. Good luck town.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 6:45:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/29/2011 6:41:29 PM, OreEle wrote:
Sadly, this is the most imperfect timing. I will be back on Monday morning. Good luck town.

Due to this, and more than a few other players professing possible inactivity. This phase will last a day or two longer than the rest.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 6:48:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
For the first DP we should get two role claims at most and then if nothing comes up, go for a no lynch. The first person I think should claim is Rogue. It's a random vote so don't take it personally.

VTL rogue
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 6:53:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/29/2011 6:48:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
For the first DP we should get two role claims at most and then if nothing comes up, go for a no lynch. The first person I think should claim is Rogue. It's a random vote so don't take it personally.

VTL rogue

yeah, nice, a completely "random vote" <rolls eyes>

I'm not partial to letting you or danielle pick the first person to be pressured every time, just b/c you are the first to jump into the fray. You both use completely non-random voting.

http://www.gaiaonline.com...
it's a 7

VTL m93
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 6:54:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/29/2011 6:53:30 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 4/29/2011 6:48:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
For the first DP we should get two role claims at most and then if nothing comes up, go for a no lynch. The first person I think should claim is Rogue. It's a random vote so don't take it personally.

VTL rogue

yeah, nice, a completely "random vote" <rolls eyes>

I'm not partial to letting you or danielle pick the first person to be pressured every time, just b/c you are the first to jump into the fray. You both use completely non-random voting.

http://www.gaiaonline.com...
it's a 7

VTL m93

I pick a random vote every time but if you need a computer generated one to feel safe, whatever.

VTL m93samman
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 7:01:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count:
m93samman [2/12] (blue, pinko)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 7:04:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Are we going to have to wait a long time for m93 to get back online?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 7:06:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/29/2011 7:01:11 PM, Korashk wrote:
Vote Count:
m93samman [2/12] (blue, pinko)

Colors hate m93!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 7:21:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count:
m93samman [3/12] (blue, pinko, head)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 7:32:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey, I'm just checking in. But I'm going out tonight, and I work early tomorrow morning. I'll try to sign on during work but if we're busy I'll be unable to. Otherwise I'll be active tomorrow evening.

(:
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 7:58:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE m93samman
Samman has shown repeatedly that he has no problem claiming under the slightest pressure, so this shouldn't take long.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 8:05:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count:
m93samman [5/12] (blue, pinko, head, Koop, tv)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 10:09:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That's enough pressure.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 10:32:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count:
m93samman [7/12] (blue, pinko, head, Koop, tv, John, tim)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 10:58:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
samman is online and active. Please character claim immediately samman.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 10:58:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow, that sucks. You guys chose the wrong person... so character or role?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 10:59:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/29/2011 10:58:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:
samman is online and active. Please character claim immediately samman.

I'm here for you ;)

Thor Odinson (No Alias). No role claim from me yet, I presume.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:02:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
...anyone gonna unvote?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:04:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
UNVOTE
You lead a lynch m93samman. Who smells bad, mighty Thor?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:07:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/29/2011 11:04:31 PM, tvellalott wrote:
UNVOTE
You lead a lynch m93samman. Who smells bad, mighty Thor?

01.) M.Torres
02.) timbeech
03.) nonentity
04.) innomen
05.) badger
06.) bluesteel
07.) m93samman
08.) Nerdykiller
09.) mongeese
10.) rogue
11.) headphonegut
12.) mattrodstrom
13.) feverish
14.) Marauder
15.) The Mighty Koopin
16.) Logic_on_rails
17.) Thaddus
18.) OreEle
19.) Johnicle
20.) socialpinko
21.) xxdarkxx
22.) tvellalott

I was born Jan. 28, 93. 01/28/93. Let's do 93 divided by 28, round up and add 1. I'll grab a calculator.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2011 11:08:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
5.

VTL Badger
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.