Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Bounty Hunter Mafia - End Game

Johnicle
Posts: 888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 10:49:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
PLEASE TAKE PLACE IN THIS REVIEW:
-Make comments where appropriate.

Quality of this concept:
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

Balance Quality
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

Mod Quality
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

========================================

Roles you did not know:

========================================

Timbeech - Doctor: You win with the town.

For $250, you may protect a player during the night phase. You may protect yourself, but may not protect yourself on consecutive nights.

For $800, you may revive a deceased player back into the game. They will be revived with $500 available to be spent the next day phase. You may only do this once.

========================================

Snipe - Jack of all Trades: You win with the town.

For $700, you may kill a player during the night phase.

For $250, you may protect a player during the night phase.

For $300, you may investigate the affiliation of a player during the night phase.

For $400, you may investigate a player's monetary opportunities (what they can buy and for how much).

For $250, you may start a PM with another player.

*Each ability may only be used once throughout the game.

========================================

Makhno - Investigator: You win with the town.

For $400, you may investigate a players monetary opportunities (what they can buy and for how much).

For $800, you may publish this information for everyone to see the following day phase.

========================================

Nerdykiller - Corrupt Lawyer: You win with the mafia.

For $300, you may sue a player who voted to lynch you. That night, all of his funds are frozen. The following night phase, he will receive half of them back. This may only be done to each player once.

For $500, you may bankrupt a player who hammer voted to lynch a fellow member of the mafia.

========================================

Andromeda_Z - Role Blocker: You win with the mafia.

For $300, every purchase made by a specified player during that night phase will be blocked. They will get no refund.

For $1000, you may completely eliminate a player's role. This may only be done once.

========================================

M93samman - Bounty Hunter - You are 3rd Party, you win by completing the following objectives:

-Killing all members of the mafia.
-Be the last man standing in the game (or essentially be one of the last two players.)

*If at the end of the game it is you and another mafia member… you lose.

In order to complete these objectives, you have the following abilities:

For $600, you may kill a player in the game.

For $150, you may block all attempts to visit you during the night phase. (excludes night kills)

For $200, you may start a PM with another member of the game. It will last until the next night phase.

For $200, you may block all kill attempts against you.

Also, as the bounty hunter, you receive tasks assigned to you for an additional sum. Today's task is to avoid being lynched. Be voted for by 2 or fewer unique players in Day Phase 1 and you will earn $300.

========================================

More to come...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 10:54:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Concept
9

Balance
3.5

-mafia got really lucky; town was waaay overpowered. Too many investigative and killing roles. Even with two role blockers, it was a bit much, especially if we hadn't gotten the cop and lie detector killed immediately. I'd rather have one less role blocker and fewer super-powered town roles.

Mod
10

Besides the role balancing pre-game, really good and responsive mod-ing.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Johnicle
Posts: 888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 10:57:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My Review:

Quality of this concept:
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

-For the first time ever, players were not able to just sit back to avoid being killed just to use the most powerful role in the game each night phase. At the very least, I hope to see future Mods implement post minimums for players like Jesters and Mafia members.

Also, I implemented what is essentially a flavored Serial Killer. I think it worked out well.

Balance Quality
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

-I know bluesteel will disagree, but I think the game was balanced reasonably well. I should have ditched the additional investigative role (the "Investigator" was intended to help out the Banker and I didn't realize how obvious the mafia would become. But I guess it wasn't too obvious lol). I would like to note, however, that the mafia won without using any of their night roles until the very last night phase.

Mod Quality
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

-I made a few mistakes, but I think for my first game I did well. I'm interested to hear what you have to say.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:04:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Concept-10
I really like this idea, it provides a good incentive for the lurkers to stop lurking and participate. Also, it rewards people that contribute to the game a lot, which minimum post requirements don't.

Balance-7
I want to say there were too many power roles, but we still won, so it can't have been that bad.

Mod-10
You might have made a few mistakes planning the roles, but you were really good once the game got started.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:26:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
wtf makhno I thought you investigated nerdy killer. How did you say you got role blocker as a result?

Also,

Concept- 10

I really like the way the game worked. The fact that you had to earn points necessitated involvement in the game, which means that only serious players will get to play.

Balance- 4

Definitely an overpowered town, and like bluesteel said, the mafia got lucky. Every time I would question someone they would react like a mafioso and get themselves lynched. Also, there were two identical roles (weak mason/messenger). That needs to be changed

Mod quality- 9

You did an awesome job. I think you should definitely do this again.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:27:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
9
7
8

It was awesome

nuff said

"headphonegut out"
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:28:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
10
6
9
Explanations are for d0uche bags.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:33:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 11:28:46 PM, Johnicle wrote:
How are weak mason and messenger the same?

Weren't the roles identical? Post them here and let's compare them
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:41:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
9
9
9

I didn't have enough money to revive anybody and I was saving up too. I think the town would have won if I would have had the money.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:44:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 11:41:14 PM, timbeech wrote:
9
9
9

I didn't have enough money to revive anybody and I was saving up too. I think the town would have won if I would have had the money.

nerdy would have fake claimed reviver if you guys had just waited, lol

more evidence of an overpowered town IMO. It's a miracle that andro's claim worked given that there was literally nothing else to claim, except politician, which we couldn't prove or vanilla.

This is the bigger prob johnicle. Since some people have multiple roles, there's nothing to fake claim.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:46:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So basically, if we'd needed to make more than one fake claim, we would have inevitably lost.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:47:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That was the other problem with the concept: making a fake claim becomes nearly impossible when it needs multiple tiers, see andro's fake claim. She could have claimed a message power I suppose, but it was tough for mafia in this game.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:49:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 11:44:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/1/2011 11:41:14 PM, timbeech wrote:
9
9
9

I didn't have enough money to revive anybody and I was saving up too. I think the town would have won if I would have had the money.

nerdy would have fake claimed reviver if you guys had just waited, lol

more evidence of an overpowered town IMO. It's a miracle that andro's claim worked given that there was literally nothing else to claim, except politician, which we couldn't prove or vanilla.

This is the bigger prob johnicle. Since some people have multiple roles, there's nothing to fake claim.

Yeah we really rushed the last DP. I also lied about protecting myself and m93. I only had enough money to protect another player. I wasn't allowed to protect myself two nights in a row. Hindsight I would have protected the Vig but I thought the mafia would take the chance to get me assuming I would protect him.
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:51:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unfortunately I was picking mafia out by apparent double claims. I really didn't think town would have had 2 cops and 2 mason roles. I was flawed in my assumption.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2011 11:52:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 11:51:32 PM, timbeech wrote:
Unfortunately I was picking mafia out by apparent double claims. I really didn't think town would have had 2 cops and 2 mason roles. I was flawed in my assumption.

lol, I guess the overpowered town ended up helping us b/c you didn't believe that town would be so overpowered
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:04:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 11:52:53 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/1/2011 11:51:32 PM, timbeech wrote:
Unfortunately I was picking mafia out by apparent double claims. I really didn't think town would have had 2 cops and 2 mason roles. I was flawed in my assumption.

lol, I guess the overpowered town ended up helping us b/c you didn't believe that town would be so overpowered

Exactly. We had too much of the same power in different people, I didn't know who to believe.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Johnicle
Posts: 888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:30:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well one of the investigative roles was supposed to be for finding out what someone could buy while the other one was supposed to find out if they were town or mafia. However, I never really thought of the monetary opportunity investigation incriminating someone (in this game it didn't really lol).

But one thing that blue might not consider is how little people were able to buy. The first day phase had only one purchase I believe. The Doctor saving up for the revival which meant that very few of the town were protected. AND the town had to defeat the Bounty Hunter as well as the Mafia in order to win whereas the the Mafia only had to obtain a majority. The vigilante only had one kill the entire game... (the other ones came from the Bounty Hunter... the JOAT could never afford it).
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 12:40:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 12:30:06 AM, Johnicle wrote:
Well one of the investigative roles was supposed to be for finding out what someone could buy while the other one was supposed to find out if they were town or mafia. However, I never really thought of the monetary opportunity investigation incriminating someone (in this game it didn't really lol).

But one thing that blue might not consider is how little people were able to buy. The first day phase had only one purchase I believe. The Doctor saving up for the revival which meant that very few of the town were protected. AND the town had to defeat the Bounty Hunter as well as the Mafia in order to win whereas the the Mafia only had to obtain a majority. The vigilante only had one kill the entire game... (the other ones came from the Bounty Hunter... the JOAT could never afford it).

yeah actually you're right; them having to save up evened it out. But it made it hard for fake claiming.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Johnicle
Posts: 888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:05:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I suppose I should post the bounty hunter objectives:

DP1: Be VTL by fewer than 2 unique players and earn 300. (he failed this before he even had his role PM LMFAO!)

DP2 was a bunch of post minimums:

1. Cast at least 5 VTL's
2. Post at least 3 "suspicion lists"
3. Post a minimum of 50 times. (Last Day Phase, the most posts made was 42.)

In addition to the money made from each post/SL/VTL, I will give you $25 for each of the aformentioned goals. If you complete all 3, however, I will bump the total from $75 to $300. Remember, double, triple, etc. posts only count as one post.

(this is the only mission he completed.)

DP3/DP4: Be in the voting pool to lynch a mafia player.
Makhno
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:36:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Quality of this concept:
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

Balance Quality
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)

Mod Quality
(it sucked) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 (EPIC!!!!1!!one!!!)
Makhno
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:41:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/1/2011 11:26:39 PM, m93samman wrote:
wtf makhno I thought you investigated nerdy killer. How did you say you got role blocker as a result?

Did you actually read what I stayed? I guess not.

At 5/1/2011 5:46:30 PM, Makhno wrote:
Well, Nerdykiller is not exactly your usual roleblocker, but he can frizz your money for 1 night, if you VTL him, and for an extra sum he can bankrupt you. So I guess "roleblocker" would be a right title for his role.
Makhno
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:43:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 5:40:33 AM, badger wrote:
how did ye make money?

We made money by posting, by publishing suspect lists and by voting.
Makhno
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:49:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Basic concept of this game was:

1.There were no vanilla roles.
2.People were rewarded for actively participating in DP
3.People had to buy their power actions at NP.

I think this is the winner. :)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:09:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 5:43:59 AM, Makhno wrote:
At 5/2/2011 5:40:33 AM, badger wrote:
how did ye make money?

We made money by posting, by publishing suspect lists and by voting.

well that sounds a class idea.. i thought ye were paid on accuracy of suspicion lists lol.. my bad.
signature
Makhno
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:34:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 6:09:13 AM, badger wrote:
At 5/2/2011 5:43:59 AM, Makhno wrote:
At 5/2/2011 5:40:33 AM, badger wrote:
how did ye make money?

We made money by posting, by publishing suspect lists and by voting.

well that sounds a class idea.. i thought ye were paid on accuracy of suspicion lists lol.. my bad.

We did, but that was the bonus.