Jump to topic:

Naruto Mafia DP1

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:47:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the quiet village of Konoho, the Hidden Leaf, mischief is afoot...

RULES

1. No screen-printing or copy/pasting from role PM's. You may summarize your role in your own words.
2. Once a lynch is reached on someone, the DP is over. Unvoting will not matter.
3. If you are inactive for 48 hours, you will be replaced. Inactive meaning you either don't log onto DDO or don't post to the game thread at all; posting to a PM will not count as being active.
4. Ask me questions only via your ROLE PM.
5. If you have an active power but would like to choose not to use said power during the night phase, you must inform me of your intention NOT to use your power.
6. No talking after you are dead under any circumstances or your team will be punished. Mafia may continue to speak in the mafia PM.
7. Unvote before voting again. Bold your votes and unvotes.
8. You may vote for a "no lynch," which results in the DP ending without a lynch.
9. I may replace anyone at any time to move the game along, at my discretion. Posting often and intelligently will prevent your replacement.

Alive Players
1. M.Torres
2. bradshaw
3. tvellalott
4.headphonegut
5. Andromeda_Z
6. socialpinko
7. OreEle
8.Nerdykiller
9. m93samman
10. Logic_on_rails
11. Korashk
12. Rogue
13. Snipe
14. innomen

DP ends on Thursday at 1 pm CST.

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:55:03 PM
I really don't think I need to explain my DP1 strategy anymore.

No Lynch
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:59:41 PM
VTNL
If we push for claims or lynch in the first DP it can only hurt the town and help the mafia.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:59:52 PM
Sigh... VTNL

Although if I could request bluesteel (since I know he has a gaia account) to use an rng and pull a random number up for us, I would like to pressure someone for a character claim.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:01:15 PM
3 posts, three votes for no lynch. Wow.

Here's a little secret for you guys:

Roles do not win games unless the game is unbalanced. What wins games is individual players having discussions with each other. It is NOT a good thing to have short phases. Particularly early-game.

VTL Logic_on_rails
http://www.gaiaonline.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:03:49 PM
At 5/2/2011 3:01:15 PM, Korashk wrote:
3 posts, three votes for no lynch. Wow.

Here's a little secret for you guys:

Roles do not win games unless the game is unbalanced. What wins games is individual players having discussions with each other. It is NOT a good thing to have short phases. Particularly early-game.

VTL Logic_on_rails

thank you

unvote

VTL Logic_on_rails
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:08:36 PM
I guess a random pressure for a character claim would be beneficial.
Unvote
VTL Logic
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:39:33 PM
Lynch-0-tron

NO LYNCH – 2/8 – (M.Torres, bradshaw)
LOGIC_ON_RAILS - 3/8 – (korashk, m93samman, socialpinko)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:12:54 PM
Wow, we're using RNG? Okay first, I win with the townie, and am a townie etc.

Okay, you people had better be intelligent and have doc on me tonight. You're fools for using RNG. I don't know how it works, but can't all Mafia people have their own spin and only show 1 that is favourable to them?

I'm the famed Sasuke Uchiha.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:15:51 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:12:54 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Okay, you people had better be intelligent and have doc on me tonight. You're fools for using RNG. I don't know how it works, but can't all Mafia people have their own spin and only show 1 that is favourable to them?

Although a vague claim, it seems genuine. A mafioso who fake claims would most likely choose an obscure character so as to keep the chances of being called out by the real Sasuke to a minimum.

I do agree also that if there is a doctor, he should be on Logic this NP, however I think Logic should provide more details on his character/power.
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:18:07 PM
Lynch-0-tron

NO LYNCH – 2/8 – (M.Torres, bradshaw)
LOGIC_ON_RAILS - 3/8 – (korashk, m93samman, socialpinko)
Rogue – 1/8 – (nerdykiller)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:19:04 PM

Okay, you people had better be intelligent and have doc on me tonight.

Not sure if this is a good idea given your claim.

You're fools for using RNG. I don't know how it works, but can't all Mafia people have their own spin and only show 1 that is favourable to them?

Not really.

Sasuke isn't a good guy.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:19:25 PM

okay, does someone want to do another? And yes, doctor and cop should be on Sasuke (remember, sasuke is not exactly uber town, especially later in the series).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:21:55 PM
Are you Sasuke from the beginning or the end of the series? He does become a bad guy if I'm not mistaken. More information would be appreciated, and again whoever the doctor is, stay on Logic tonight.

I'm also good for one more claim and if it is sufficient we no lynch.

VTL Rogue
:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:23:22 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:16:50 PM, nerdykiller wrote:
Love to be random!!!!
http://www.random.org...
number is 12
Which is Rogue...
VOte ROgue

no, Korashk should use the same thread to make a new random number. He will have a new number and he can't fake it, since it will be posted right under the old post (if he tries to fake it, we'll see multiple posts).
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:25:12 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:23:22 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:16:50 PM, nerdykiller wrote:
Love to be random!!!!
http://www.random.org...
number is 12
Which is Rogue...
VOte ROgue

no, Korashk should use the same thread to make a new random number. He will have a new number and he can't fake it, since it will be posted right under the old post (if he tries to fake it, we'll see multiple posts).

I agree with OreEle. Unvote
:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:27:37 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:21:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Are you Sasuke from the beginning or the end of the series? He does become a bad guy if I'm not mistaken. More information would be appreciated, and again whoever the doctor is, stay on Logic tonight.

Well, he doesn't become "bad" so much as "confused" because of Itachi and the past treatment of his clan. Many (including myself) still believe that he can be saved.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:27:43 PM
OreEle.

Unvote
VTL OreEle

Honestly, if the cop investigates anyone tonight it should be Logic.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:30:10 PM
I win with the town.

Honestly, there's probably a lie detector in this game. So many characters that role would fit with.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:32:00 PM
Lynch-0-tron

No lynch – 2/8 – (M.Torres, bradshaw)
logic_on_rails - 1/8 – (m93samman)
rogue – 1/8 – (nerdykiller)
OreEle – 1/8 – (korashk)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:32:24 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:30:10 PM, Korashk wrote:
I win with the town.

Honestly, there's probably a lie detector in this game. So many characters that role would fit with.

That is true. This is something I didn't want to do, because several others will likely now know my role as there is probably 1 or 2 more with the same role.

I am Guy.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:35:55 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:27:37 PM, OreEle wrote:

Well, he doesn't become "bad" so much as "confused" because of Itachi and the past treatment of his clan. Many (including myself) still believe that he can be saved.

Seriously though, Sasuke hasn't been a "good guy" since he joined Orochimaru before the timeskip. That was a long time ago both story-wise and real-time wise.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:37:01 PM
Unvote

Don't know why you mention your role OreEle. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would fit Guy and other characters.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:39:43 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:37:01 PM, Korashk wrote:
Unvote

Don't know why you mention your role OreEle. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would fit Guy and other characters.

it won't mean anything accept to the other people that have the same role (whom I could likely identify from their characters if they ended up coming out, though they shouldn't).

Though I encourage them to target me with their roles when they can. Even though the mafia will likely target me, cause they probably now think that I have a powerful role (though it isn't really that powerful and can actually be hurtful).
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:42:13 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:39:43 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:37:01 PM, Korashk wrote:
Unvote

it won't mean anything accept to the other people that have the same role (whom I could likely identify from their characters if they ended up coming out, though they shouldn't).

Though I encourage them to target me with their roles when they can. Even though the mafia will likely target me, cause they probably now think that I have a powerful role (though it isn't really that powerful and can actually be hurtful).

You just flerped a huge derp. There was literally no need to mention this about your role.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:43:47 PM
At 5/2/2011 4:35:55 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:27:37 PM, OreEle wrote:

Seriously though, Sasuke hasn't been a "good guy" since he joined Orochimaru before the timeskip. That was a long time ago both story-wise and real-time wise.

but until recently, he's been 3rd party. It wasn't until after he killed Itachi and found the truth about Itachi's past that he turned against Konoha.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:44:57 PM
VTNL
Two claims is enough for the first DP. I think, as OreEle said, the cop and doctor should be on Logic tonight. Sasuke may or may not be a mafia character and if he's town he should most likely be protected as mafia are sure to target those who claimed this DP.
: