Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Naruto Mafia DP1

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:47:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the quiet village of Konoho, the Hidden Leaf, mischief is afoot...

RULES

1. No screen-printing or copy/pasting from role PM's. You may summarize your role in your own words.
2. Once a lynch is reached on someone, the DP is over. Unvoting will not matter.
3. If you are inactive for 48 hours, you will be replaced. Inactive meaning you either don't log onto DDO or don't post to the game thread at all; posting to a PM will not count as being active.
4. Ask me questions only via your ROLE PM.
5. If you have an active power but would like to choose not to use said power during the night phase, you must inform me of your intention NOT to use your power.
6. No talking after you are dead under any circumstances or your team will be punished. Mafia may continue to speak in the mafia PM.
7. Unvote before voting again. Bold your votes and unvotes.
8. You may vote for a "no lynch," which results in the DP ending without a lynch.
9. I may replace anyone at any time to move the game along, at my discretion. Posting often and intelligently will prevent your replacement.

Alive Players
1. M.Torres
2. bradshaw
3. tvellalott
4.headphonegut
5. Andromeda_Z
6. socialpinko
7. OreEle
8.Nerdykiller
9. m93samman
10. Logic_on_rails
11. Korashk
12. Rogue
13. Snipe
14. innomen

DP ends on Thursday at 1 pm CST.

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:55:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I really don't think I need to explain my DP1 strategy anymore.

No Lynch
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 1:59:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTNL
If we push for claims or lynch in the first DP it can only hurt the town and help the mafia.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 2:59:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sigh... VTNL

Although if I could request bluesteel (since I know he has a gaia account) to use an rng and pull a random number up for us, I would like to pressure someone for a character claim.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:01:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
3 posts, three votes for no lynch. Wow.

Here's a little secret for you guys:

Roles do not win games unless the game is unbalanced. What wins games is individual players having discussions with each other. It is NOT a good thing to have short phases. Particularly early-game.

VTL Logic_on_rails
http://www.gaiaonline.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:03:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 3:01:15 PM, Korashk wrote:
3 posts, three votes for no lynch. Wow.

Here's a little secret for you guys:

Roles do not win games unless the game is unbalanced. What wins games is individual players having discussions with each other. It is NOT a good thing to have short phases. Particularly early-game.

VTL Logic_on_rails
http://www.gaiaonline.com...

thank you

unvote

VTL Logic_on_rails
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:08:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I guess a random pressure for a character claim would be beneficial.
Unvote
VTL Logic
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 3:39:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-0-tron

NO LYNCH – 2/8 – (M.Torres, bradshaw)
LOGIC_ON_RAILS - 3/8 – (korashk, m93samman, socialpinko)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:12:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow, we're using RNG? Okay first, I win with the townie, and am a townie etc.

Okay, you people had better be intelligent and have doc on me tonight. You're fools for using RNG. I don't know how it works, but can't all Mafia people have their own spin and only show 1 that is favourable to them?

I'm the famed Sasuke Uchiha.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:15:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:12:54 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Wow, we're using RNG? Okay first, I win with the townie, and am a townie etc.

Okay, you people had better be intelligent and have doc on me tonight. You're fools for using RNG. I don't know how it works, but can't all Mafia people have their own spin and only show 1 that is favourable to them?

I'm the famed Sasuke Uchiha.

Although a vague claim, it seems genuine. A mafioso who fake claims would most likely choose an obscure character so as to keep the chances of being called out by the real Sasuke to a minimum.

I do agree also that if there is a doctor, he should be on Logic this NP, however I think Logic should provide more details on his character/power.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:18:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-0-tron

NO LYNCH – 2/8 – (M.Torres, bradshaw)
LOGIC_ON_RAILS - 3/8 – (korashk, m93samman, socialpinko)
Rogue – 1/8 – (nerdykiller)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:19:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:12:54 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Wow, we're using RNG? Okay first, I win with the townie, and am a townie etc.

Okay, you people had better be intelligent and have doc on me tonight.

Not sure if this is a good idea given your claim.

You're fools for using RNG. I don't know how it works, but can't all Mafia people have their own spin and only show 1 that is favourable to them?

Not really.

I'm the famed Sasuke Uchiha.

Sasuke isn't a good guy.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:19:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:12:54 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Wow, we're using RNG? Okay first, I win with the townie, and am a townie etc.

Okay, you people had better be intelligent and have doc on me tonight. You're fools for using RNG. I don't know how it works, but can't all Mafia people have their own spin and only show 1 that is favourable to them?

I'm the famed Sasuke Uchiha.

okay, does someone want to do another? And yes, doctor and cop should be on Sasuke (remember, sasuke is not exactly uber town, especially later in the series).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:21:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Are you Sasuke from the beginning or the end of the series? He does become a bad guy if I'm not mistaken. More information would be appreciated, and again whoever the doctor is, stay on Logic tonight.

I'm also good for one more claim and if it is sufficient we no lynch.

VTL Rogue
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:23:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:16:50 PM, nerdykiller wrote:
Love to be random!!!!
http://www.random.org...
number is 12
Which is Rogue...
VOte ROgue

no, Korashk should use the same thread to make a new random number. He will have a new number and he can't fake it, since it will be posted right under the old post (if he tries to fake it, we'll see multiple posts).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:25:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:23:22 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:16:50 PM, nerdykiller wrote:
Love to be random!!!!
http://www.random.org...
number is 12
Which is Rogue...
VOte ROgue

no, Korashk should use the same thread to make a new random number. He will have a new number and he can't fake it, since it will be posted right under the old post (if he tries to fake it, we'll see multiple posts).

I agree with OreEle. Unvote
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:27:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:21:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Are you Sasuke from the beginning or the end of the series? He does become a bad guy if I'm not mistaken. More information would be appreciated, and again whoever the doctor is, stay on Logic tonight.

Well, he doesn't become "bad" so much as "confused" because of Itachi and the past treatment of his clan. Many (including myself) still believe that he can be saved.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:27:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.gaiaonline.com...
OreEle.

Unvote
VTL OreEle

Honestly, if the cop investigates anyone tonight it should be Logic.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:30:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.

Honestly, there's probably a lie detector in this game. So many characters that role would fit with.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:32:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-0-tron

No lynch – 2/8 – (M.Torres, bradshaw)
logic_on_rails - 1/8 – (m93samman)
rogue – 1/8 – (nerdykiller)
OreEle – 1/8 – (korashk)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:32:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:30:10 PM, Korashk wrote:
I win with the town.

Honestly, there's probably a lie detector in this game. So many characters that role would fit with.

That is true. This is something I didn't want to do, because several others will likely now know my role as there is probably 1 or 2 more with the same role.

I am Guy.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:35:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:27:37 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:21:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Are you Sasuke from the beginning or the end of the series? He does become a bad guy if I'm not mistaken. More information would be appreciated, and again whoever the doctor is, stay on Logic tonight.

Well, he doesn't become "bad" so much as "confused" because of Itachi and the past treatment of his clan. Many (including myself) still believe that he can be saved.

Seriously though, Sasuke hasn't been a "good guy" since he joined Orochimaru before the timeskip. That was a long time ago both story-wise and real-time wise.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:37:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unvote

Don't know why you mention your role OreEle. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would fit Guy and other characters.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:39:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:37:01 PM, Korashk wrote:
Unvote

Don't know why you mention your role OreEle. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would fit Guy and other characters.

it won't mean anything accept to the other people that have the same role (whom I could likely identify from their characters if they ended up coming out, though they shouldn't).

Though I encourage them to target me with their roles when they can. Even though the mafia will likely target me, cause they probably now think that I have a powerful role (though it isn't really that powerful and can actually be hurtful).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:42:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:39:43 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:37:01 PM, Korashk wrote:
Unvote

Don't know why you mention your role OreEle. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would fit Guy and other characters.

it won't mean anything accept to the other people that have the same role (whom I could likely identify from their characters if they ended up coming out, though they shouldn't).

Though I encourage them to target me with their roles when they can. Even though the mafia will likely target me, cause they probably now think that I have a powerful role (though it isn't really that powerful and can actually be hurtful).

You just flerped a huge derp. There was literally no need to mention this about your role.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:43:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 4:35:55 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:27:37 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/2/2011 4:21:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Are you Sasuke from the beginning or the end of the series? He does become a bad guy if I'm not mistaken. More information would be appreciated, and again whoever the doctor is, stay on Logic tonight.

Well, he doesn't become "bad" so much as "confused" because of Itachi and the past treatment of his clan. Many (including myself) still believe that he can be saved.

Seriously though, Sasuke hasn't been a "good guy" since he joined Orochimaru before the timeskip. That was a long time ago both story-wise and real-time wise.

but until recently, he's been 3rd party. It wasn't until after he killed Itachi and found the truth about Itachi's past that he turned against Konoha.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 4:44:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTNL
Two claims is enough for the first DP. I think, as OreEle said, the cop and doctor should be on Logic tonight. Sasuke may or may not be a mafia character and if he's town he should most likely be protected as mafia are sure to target those who claimed this DP.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.