Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

American Folklore Endgame

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:32:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Active Players:
1. Snipe - Snipe - Bloody Mary - Every third time you are targeted you will kill the person targeting you. If 3 people target you in one night phase/day phase the last person to submit their action will die. Your third target will become ineffectual. Kills, investigations, protections, role blocks, etc. Yours is a passive role. You will be notified if you are visited but not by who you are visited.

DP1 - No one visited
NP1 - No one visited
NP2 - No one Visited
DP2 - Visited by headphonegut (role amplifier)
NP3 - Visited by tvellalott (roleblocker)
DP4 - no one
NP4 - No one
DP5 - no one
NP5 - Visited by tvellalott (roleblocker)

Example:

NP1 - Cop Investigates you, Doctor Protects You
NP2 - Mafia try to kill you, you kill the mafia player attempting to kill you

NP1 - Cop Investigates you, Doctor Protects You, then Mafia tries to kill you, you kill the mafia player

NP1 - no action
NP2 - Mafia kills you, you die

NP1 - investigated by cop
NP2 - protected by doctor
NP3 - Protected by doctor - You kill the doctor.

NP1 - investigated by cop
NP2 - protected by doctor
NP3 - killed by mafia - You survive mafia member dies

2. Logic_on_rails - Babe the BLue Ox - You are an oversized oddly colored animal who has no powers. You can haul lumber, but that's really about it.

MAFIA KILL CHOICES:

NP1
Kill Socialpinko
NP2
Kill andro
NP3
Kill Nerdy
NP4
Kill Andro
NP5
Kill Denote

Graves by the side of the Road:

1. Timbeech - Ichabod Craine - You are Ichabod Crane - you are fat, lazy, a moocher, and really have no redeeming qualities. You are extremely supersticious and are afraid of everything. If you are targeted by anyone of any role at night, you will run away and never return (you will die) You win with the town
Found in a grave dug by the side of the road. A solitary Z was scratched upon the stone marking the grave. Killed NP1 by the vigilante

2. socialpinko - Zorro - You are Zorro, a hot blooded spanish the Youth living in california who has sworn to protect the weak. You escape authorities and work outside the law in a cape and mask. Z is your trademark. Every night you may kill another player. You win with the town. Killed NP1 by the mafia

Role Actions
NP1 - Killed Timbeech and Died

3. OreEle - Paul Bunyan - You are Paul Bunyan. Supposedly a giant Lumberjack with an oddly colored animal. Although your huge, all you can really do is chop wood. You win with the mafia. Lynched DP2

4. Bluesteel - Joe Magarac - Patron saint of steelworkers, you are physically made of steel You appear out of nowhere to help steelworkers in a time of need. You are a doctor and can protect one of your mates during the night phase. You win with the mafia Lynched DP3

Night Actions:
NP1 - Protect Self
NP2 - Protect Self

5. Nerdykiller - Davy Crocket - "Be sure you're right, then go ahead" You ran for congress, and lost because you didn't want to steal the indian's land. You went down to the alamo and died an American hero. During your lifetime you told the world of your many exploits which include: he climbed Niagara Falls on an alligator's back, drank the entire Gulf of Mexico, twisted the tail off a comet, and outsmarted a businessman. You also claim to have killed 105 bears in a year. You started with slight embellishments to your character and over time, your tall tales got taller and taller and taller. You win with the town Killed NP3

Because of this your role will become more powerful every day phase.

Night Actions:
You start off as a vanilla
NP1 - Vanilla - nothing
NP2 - Politician - fvcked up and forgot to give him an option but didn't matter
NP3 - Tracker - killed so power was ineffective
NP4 - Doctor
NP5 - Hunter
NP6 - Reviver

6. m93samman - Daniel Boone - Hunter- If someone kills you, you will be able to pick someone else to kill . You win with the town Lynched DP4

Day Actions:

DP4 - Died and killed headphonegut

7. headphonegut - Henry Hudson and his Crew - So you make people sleep for a couple years, a little shut eye never hurt anyone. You are the sleeper. You get to target someone each day phase to make them sleep. This person will be able to have two night actions as they will go to sleep and enter the night phase during the day phase. They will be able to use their night action during the day phase and also will get to use it during the night phase. So if you make a cop go to sleep and thus be in the NP for two periods. Therefore they will get to investigate someone during the Day Phase and get another investigation during the night phase. They may still talk in the day phase. You win with the town. Killed DP4

Day Actions:
DP1 - Denote (sacrificer)
DP2 - OreEle (mafia)
DP3 - Snipe
Dead

8. AndromedaZ - Jonny Appleseed - Back in the early days of the United States, Johnny set off from somewhere back east with a sack of apple seeds slung over his shoulder and an iron cook-pot for a hat. He could talk to animals and was friends with everyone, settlers and Indians alike. He scattered apple seeds everywhere he went, leaving a tasty trail in his wake. Who the heck doesn't love a guy who goes around planting apple trees, talking to animals, and befriending everyone. You are a popular townie and require one more vote to lynch. Also you carry around magical healing herbs which allow you to heal someone each night phase. You win with the town Killed NP 4

Night Actions

NP1 - Protect Self
NP2 - Protect Self
NP3 - Protect Self
NP4 - Protect Self - Roleblocked and died

9. Mahkno - You are Rip Van Winkle, a lazy bum who likes to laze around town and tell stories. You are a vanilla townie. Lynched DP5

10. Denote - Casey Jones - You are Casey Jones - a famous railroad conductor. Your train on a dark and stormy day was going 65mph to the next stop. In front of you there was a stalled freight train. You saw the train and didn't jump off but stayed on board and held onto the break. You died, but you ended up saving 100 other people through your bravery. It's time to be brave again Casey Jones. You are the sacrificial townie. Every Night Phase you will be given a list of who will die during the night phase. You may choose to sacrifice yourself for one of them if you desire. You are a townie and win with town. Killed by the mafia NP5

Role Actions:
DP1 - No Action
NP1 - RoleBlocked
DP2 - No Action
NP2 - No one died
DP3 - No Action
NP3 - Option to Sacrifice for nerdykiller - Chooses to let him die
DP4 - No Action
NP4 - Option to Sacrifice for AndromedaZ - Chooses to let him die

11. Tvellalott - Pecos Bill - Raised by coyotes, trained as a cowboy Pecos Bill stories involve combinations of super feats of courage and prowess (such as riding a tornado whirlwind like a bronco and using a rattlesnake for a lasso) and explaining natural phenomena (such as why coyotes howl at the moon, digging the Rio Grande, and how the Painted Desert became so colorful). Since you are such a cowboy you can hogtie any player during the night phase and make their role useless. You win with the mafia. Killed by Bloody Mary NP5
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:33:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Winners:

Mafia
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:36:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
rankings will follow tommorow
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:43:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 5:37:39 PM, Denote wrote:
Well played, mafia.

lol, wait til you see the mafia PM. The way we reached the decision to bus me prob wasn't what you'd expect.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:45:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 5:43:40 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/2/2011 5:37:39 PM, Denote wrote:
Well played, mafia.

lol, wait til you see the mafia PM. The way we reached the decision to bus me prob wasn't what you'd expect.

I can't wait to read it lol. I just asked him about it.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:48:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mafia PM
http://www3.picturepush.com...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 5:51:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Snipe
socialpinko
Nerdykiller
headphonegut
AndromedaZ
Mahkno
Denote

Graduates of Beginner Mafia, good to join any mafia game on the forums with confidence.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:00:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bolded players signify active players still playing to this day
Unbolded players signify inactive players who have either left the site or stopped playing mafia games

Graduates of the 4th Round:
Snipe
socialpinko
Nerdykiller
headphonegut
AndromedaZ
Mahkno
Denote


Graduates of Third Round:
Timbeech
logic_on_rails
m93samman


Graduates of the Second Round
M.Torres
bluesteel
nonentity

Superboy777
rogue
annhasle
Charr

Graduates of the First Round

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

xxdarkxx
Kahvan
Marauder
Freedo
Koopin

oceanix
Belle
OreEle
comoncents
Korashk
Hurstman
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:07:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 6:06:02 PM, Denote wrote:
"lmfao @ denote's suspicion list"

thanks....

haha well it was funny because it was the exact opposite of the truth and you had confirmed next to both mafia
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:08:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 6:07:04 PM, askbob wrote:
At 5/2/2011 6:06:02 PM, Denote wrote:
"lmfao @ denote's suspicion list"

thanks....

haha well it was funny because it was the exact opposite of the truth and you had confirmed next to both mafia

lol, it was funny. I don't blame you though. In this game, it was almost more logical to believe tv was town than mafia.

snipe was dead on though last DP with the Pecos Bill thing, although I don't think that had anything to do with tv claiming Wild Bill.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:09:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh well, maybe I'll do better next time :( ... I thought snipe did pretty good, wasn't he the one who found out the fakelore thing?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:10:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes, snipe was dead on this game, besides VTL m93, I believe.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 6:12:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 6:12:12 PM, Denote wrote:
askbob, when is the next game you're running?

nvm, that battle of the ages thing is you apparently.
Snipe
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 7:15:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 6:10:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Yes, snipe was dead on this game, besides VTL m93, I believe.

Nope. I unvoted right away because I realized there was a hunter.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 7:48:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
headphonegut sad

also never trust a denote

and I still don't why I died.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 7:49:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 7:48:10 PM, headphonegut wrote:
headphonegut sad

also never trust a denote

and I still don't why I died.

m93 killed you when he died
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 7:53:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 7:49:25 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/2/2011 7:48:10 PM, headphonegut wrote:
headphonegut sad

also never trust a denote

and I still don't why I died.

m93 killed you when he died

I wonder why everyone always thinks I'm mafia it's like a conjoined fetus that you can't take off. very sad very sad
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 7:54:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
also has there been any southpark mafia or star wars mafia great ideas for anyone that wants'em
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 8:06:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 7:54:52 PM, headphonegut wrote:
also has there been any southpark mafia or star wars mafia great ideas for anyone that wants'em

Check the mod list, mattrodstrom is waiting to start a Star Wars game, but there's no one planning a South Park mafia.
nerdykiller
Posts: 856
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2011 8:09:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2011 5:51:52 PM, askbob wrote:
Snipe
socialpinko
Nerdykiller
headphonegut
AndromedaZ
Mahkno
Denote

Graduates of Beginner Mafia, good to join any mafia game on the forums with confidence.

Yeah 3rd place!!!!
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 1:46:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow, if m93 hadn't killed headphone (ie. didn't have the power; I thought it was just NK) , we would have lost. Also, this being my first time as Mafia was a lot of fun. Now, I'd just like to give a few points about the game:

For those townies who thought the plan to bus Bluesteel was just elaborate, it wasn't. TV completely didn't realise our framing of Denote. There were some serious threats traded in the Mafia pm... at the other Mafia players. Personally, I think we would have won after that Denote lynch as well (maybe a bit easier too) .

That brings me to the next point - town coordination. While people started playing well near the end (Snipe in particular, he just missed 1 point, which I'll explain below) , me and Bluesteel completely directed the town on the first 2 DPs. The townies have to be a bit more active. Also, all beginners, give reasoning for your votes! It really helps (although a lot of player don't) the town out. Also, don't be stupid or just be ultra aggressive (headphonegut) . Nevertheless, good game townies, you were a bit lucky to be up against all the non-beginners (minus Timbeech, who had a horrible role) .

Also, a few game points. Snipe, you could have proved that there were 2 Mafia - role blocker, bus driver, OreEle, Bluesteel (short of a role blocker / bus driver) . Also, this was what I would have claimed basically -

I'm John Dillinger, a 1 shot bulletproof (this was why I hadn't claimed - Mafia could have tried killing me NP 2, thought I was bulletproof, so I wanted them to not think I could be killed) . I'm a 1 shot bulletproof because I evaded the law a lot. I'm a man of the people. I win with the town.

Askbob, I'll probably review the game mechanics once I see the rankings.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2011 2:45:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
We won!
I was a bit worried there...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:44:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rankings - So the basic mechanics of this game were setup to make the townies destroy themselves, which is what they did. The townies put absolutely no effort into even recognizing the story existed. There was no cop in this game because I wanted to set the mafia on a wild goose chase. Not every game involves the same boring roles.

1. Snipe - had his teammates not sucked, he would have won the game for them. Snipe did a brilliant job in both his guesses at the end of who mafia were as well as keeping his role a secret. His good play during the day phase caused the mafia to attempt to kill him on NP3. He was the first to figure that fakelore was mafia and the first to send bluesteel to the gallows.

At 4/28/2011 1:59:13 PM, Snipe wrote:
BAM! I think I got it. Denote, I have been getting a strong town vibe from you all game, goodjob if you're mafia. But here we go.

I googled Blue's character. Went to wiki. In the first couple of paragraphs it says... "However, field research in the early 1950s failed to uncover any traces of an oral tradition about the character, meaning that Joe Magarac, like Big Steve, Febold Feboldson, and Paul Bunyan, probably belongs in the category of "fakelore," or stories told folk-tale style that did not actually spring from authentic folklore."

So "fakelore" is mafia?

VOTE BLUE

out of all the townies, Snipe rocked.

2. Nerdykiller - while it may not have appeared like a strategy, it definitely was. Nerdkiller kept to the shadows with little activity. Had he lasted one more NP he could have protected himself and then revived a fellow townie which would have been devastating to the mafia. Unfortunately he was killed but he did a pretty decent job with his strategy. The next time you play this role you want to claim vanilla and purposefully play badly this way the mafia doesn't target you.

3. AndromedaZ - blocked a kill on NP2 by protecting herself which wasn't a bad strategy. Played decently so that she was never forced to role claim. The only fault with her future night actions was that she should have protected someone else. After blocking a kill, she should have realized that the mafia knew she was either bulletproof or doctor and thus would roleblock her and kill her anyway, therefore protecting herself would have been useless for future NP's.

4. Logic_on_rails - Kept under the radar and was without suspicion the whole game. Excellent job as mafia. Also had good insights about the playing ability of the noobs which helped out the mafia.

5. tvellalott - Although I didn't particularly find his method of destroying bluesteel to be a good thing, maybe it was. While it didn't help out the mafia, maybe bluesteel was already going down by claiming fakelore. He also was either completely lucky or intelligent when he claimed daytime cop as there was no cop in this game so he got credit and confirmed logiconrails

6. Denote - His gameplay was decent, although he was completely fooled by the mafia, he at least didn't jump the gun on the last day phase and give the mafia an easy win. He waited a while and listened to the other townies. His use of his night actions was OK but not really ideal. Had he saved nerdykiller the town would have had a great chance of getting a revive. Also it would have been confusing for the mafia after Denote saving nerdy. Nerdy would have had doctor and probably would have protected themselves. Mafia most likely would have tried to kill Nerdkiller again and the kill would have failed. This would have made no sense to the mafia as AndromedaZ claimed the doctor the next DP. Nerdkiller wouldn't CC so the mafia would assume he was bulletproof and would have killed off a vanilla (Mahkno) instead. This would have allowed a revive of a townie.

So ultimately it was a poor choice not saving nerdkiller.

7. bluesteel - "and town isn't as bright as askbob gives them credit for; I doubt they'll even figure the fakelore thing out; they'll prob think that mafia are all lumberjacks or something" Apparently not a good assumption as Snipe picked him out as fakelore after he claimed. In terms of his gameplay, it was good, but he claimed a fakelore character despite the story, paul bunyan being killed. He also didn't read the OP and told OreEle to claim Paul Bunyan which led to his death. Also advocated killing the vig which was stupid as he had protection powers and the vig was only likely to take out townies for the first few NP's

8. OreEle - largely inactive which led to his suspicion and eventual forcing to claim. He relied on his teammates for info instead of participating in the game. He didn't read the OP and claimed a character which was obviously mafia.

9. Mahkno - He had low activity and came across as decently shady. Had he been more active and better at picking out mafia he would have either been killed in place of a player with a better role/been believable when he picked out who the mafia were on the last day phase.

10. socialpinko - foolishly revealed what was obviously a power-role by his character claim. Made an idiotic decision to kill timbeech on the first NP having had no reason to think timbeech was mafia. Luckily he was killed NP1 or else he could have hurt the town even more.

11. Headphonegut - was all over the place and really didn't add anything at all to the game in terms of analysis. Unfortunate because the last game he played in he was great. I don't know what happened this game. His poor play caused m93samman to kill him when he had a pretty good chance of taking out mafia instead.

12. m93samman - when the game was close, he decided to use his role and picked off a townie. Poor gameplay and analysis which is why the mafia didn't attempt to kill him. He was lynched off by the town for sucking. Had he not used his role power the town would have won.

Unranked due to low gameplay

1. timbeech - the correct strategy for this role was to claim a passive role early on in the game like vanilla, bulletproof, bomb, paranoid gun owner, miller, etc. This way no cops would investigate, no mafia would roleblock or waste their kill, etc. The claim should have been done on DP1 thus he would have not been killed. Just unlucky that the vig killed him.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:55:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
also had headphonegut picked andromedaz he would have had governor powers.

Also for future mods, this game proves that you don't have to just give vanilla roles in order to have a lightly powered town. LRN2 invent your own roles.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:57:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
tv deserves more credit than that; he single-handedly won us the game with his claim. He should be ranked at least 2nd. And Snipe only figured out my fake claim, which is irrelevant since we handed them a mafioso on a silver platter; either I was gonna die or tv. Since they were guaranteed a mafia lynch, it wasn't that helpful that he went for me over tv. And he didn't push it hard enough to even get me lynched without me getting cc'ed as doctor. I even picked up two townies on tv, in spite of snipe's revelation. Being good at this game isn't just about having the right deductions; it's also about convincing everyone else that you are right. I see it in debates too - someone comes up with a good argument but doesn't push it hard enough.

I disagree with the rankings; I don't really care about being ranked low. After tv claimed day cop, I played pretty bad with my claim. That's true. But it was better that I died anyway vs tv. I feel like I could have even potentially saved myself or drawn out the DP to an extreme with a real fake role claim. I picked up m93 and someone else on my bandwagon.

w/e, I'm proud of the way we played, in spite of it being a random accident. This is a novel approach that no mafia would normally risk doing, and it really paid off.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)