Jump to topic:

Gamma World #1

Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 2:39:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
An older prospector, Tenk, a friendly but graying badder has recently excavated an entrance to an old building with your day labourer help. Unfortunately after entering he but got chased off by some sleeths, already active within the underground dig, undoubtedly having access from another region connected to the site.

He's willing to reward you work hands if only you'll go find out what was in that basement and get revenge on the sleeths. Explore all the dig site areas for him and he'll add some extra rewards in addition to whatever you find down there.

=====================================================

You pick your way through the cleared tunnels and emerge in a still-intact basement. A string of colorful holiday lights is strung up here around an archaeological dig site where humanoid lizards poke through the rubble. The site appears to have been occupied a while. Temporary housing and pickets dot the dig area. One of the sleeths holds a frayed electrical cord like a leash, tied to a snarling, wingless beetle the size of a bulldog, another prowls towards the north of the dig site ...

Mutation + Omega Tech:

Ragnar
25 Reflexive Teleport
6 Mk 1 Power Armour

Torres
10 Confusion
25 Science Comp

Korashk
33 Amnesia Field
47 Hypno ray

Tv
40 Hostility
46 The Patch II

Hpg
49 Radio Head
49 Hover Board

Initiative:
Tv
R
M.T
H
K

2 snarls at your entering and rushes towards the group, 3 with a flick of the wrist, releases the soul besh guardsketeer and moves in from the other side.

Tv's turn.

Map:

http://img848.imageshack.us...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 2:51:59 AM
I will proceed to E4 and cast Fiery Flare on #3.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:14:00 AM
At 5/5/2011 2:58:59 AM, Puck wrote:
That's a hit - fire engulfs for 11 damage.

*dances*

Muh threads
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 3:57:35 AM
Use the path that TV opened to move to F5, use Maximum Overdrive, shifting me 2 squares down to H5 before I attack 3. attack +12 vs AC, if it hits I do 1d12 +4 damage and target has a -2 penalty to attack rolls against my allies till end of my next turn.

Also Nature check at +8, what do I know about sleeths and snarling wingless beetles?

Modhed cruises right behind the steam elemental before overtaking like a slingshot, laughing carelessly, careening into 3 just after the flames die out, his shoulder headed straight for the sleeth's stomach or equivalent.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:12:07 AM
At 5/5/2011 3:57:35 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
attack +12 vs AC

Constitution + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC

3 con mod, 1 level, 3 light weapon accuracy.
+7 vs AC.

What am I missing?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 4:27:39 AM
At 5/5/2011 4:12:07 AM, Puck wrote:
At 5/5/2011 3:57:35 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
attack +12 vs AC

Constitution + your level + weapon accuracy vs. AC

3 con mod, 1 level, 3 light weapon accuracy.
+7 vs AC.

What am I missing?

A miss anyway using +7 mod.

======

Nature check 21

The reptilian sleeths are a peaceful race, at least among themselves. They are renowned as precognitive wonders and scholars of the Ancients, and they are especially knowledgeable about Area 52 tech. Unfortunately for would-be seekers of wisdom, sleeths' lizard brains are wired for xenophobia nothing riles up a community of seer lizards more than non reptilian visitors.

You see a Sleeth guardian, you have heard tales that Sleeths enhance their fighting with psychic attacks, and are resilient somewhat to psychic damage.

Soul beshes are flightless, mutant beetles the size of small dogs. They creep up to travelers' camps and stick their proboscises into sleeping victims, paralyzing them with an anesthetizing venom while draining them dry. Guardskeeters can be trained as watch-bugs, but they're dangerous when hungry and not very attentive when digesting a meal.

You also know they are chameleon in nature, it might be harder to target them from afar. They will also hound a fallen enemy.

You know there are other sleeth castes, but you cannot see any.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:25:38 AM
Did I miss where you gave us the HP for these sorts of creatures?

Sirius looks into the camera, as though he were part of some fictional game. He hisses as he speaks, like one would imagine a snake would (if it could speak) and whispers to the DM: "How much healttttthhhh do thessssse thingsssssss have?

Muh threads
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 9:27:37 AM
I move to B6 and use Ape Rage on 3.

-------------------------

Mukyrro begins to run determinedly on all fours towards the sleeth. He bares his teeth, and snorts as he picks up speed. He turns to face the sleeth, stretches to his full height, balls his fists above him in the air, and moves to pummel the reptilian creature.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:38:52 AM
At 5/5/2011 4:12:07 AM, Puck wrote:
... 3 light weapon accuracy.

Ah, so that's what weapon accuracy is. That makes more sense. Wizards dinnae put it on the sheet.

Did I miss where you gave us the HP for these sorts of creatures?
That's not typically something we get with a monster identification check. After all, sleeths come at different levels no doubt, and roll up different starting attributes, etc.

What we have learned--
don't psychic the sleeth, don't ranged the beetles, these sleeth are "guardians" which means they probably have good fort and AC. Since they are psychic their will can't be too bad either. Attacking reflex is probably best bet if possible on the sleeth. If I had to guess I'd say both reflex and will are gonna be good targets on the beetles.

Also, poison sounds to me like we should take care of the beetles first :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 1:06:59 PM
[Why does the initiative roll seem to hate me? I'm pretty much always last.]
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 2:43:54 PM
At 5/5/2011 1:06:59 PM, Korashk wrote:
[Why does the initiative roll seem to hate me? I'm pretty much always last.]

You've pretty much always got a low dex char right?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:03:11 PM
At 5/5/2011 9:27:37 AM, M.Torres wrote:
I move to B6 and use Ape Rage on 3.

You move next to 2, Ape Rage has a weapon keyword meaning you could target both 2 and 3 buuuut judjing by the fluff you want to target 2.

Miss - your fists crash past the swaying lizard who hisses malevolently.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:14:48 PM
1 - B8

This new creature glares at the ape - it seems surrounded by a faint haze, as it prepares to attack you can hear the beetles legs clicking in anticipation. A hand raises and pain strikes through the apes fragile mind.

Hit - 6 damage and immobilised on Torres.

headphonegut's turn.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:24:02 PM
can I use that? I suppose if not brickbat if not and if I ended my turn with that then it's coo
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:33:51 PM
At 5/5/2011 6:26:56 PM, Puck wrote:
With a loud click, the sleeth's neck is held in the vice grip.

Hit - 6 damage and immobilised.

Korashk's turn.

Oh yeah! hpg just initiated an alpha flux.

hpg your old mutation is discarded, your new one is ... 48 Mindswitch
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:10:14 PM
[Move to F5, hit 6 with a Gravitational Pulse.]

The black mass moves south to give aid to the oddly mobile feline some support. The rest of the ragtag bunch can probably handle themselves for the time being. Once he gets close enough, he sends a pulse of energy at the approaching beetle. Deciding to take his chances at hindering an approaching enemy instead of merely damaging one already in the fray.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:34:07 PM
At 5/5/2011 7:10:14 PM, Korashk wrote:
The black mass

[This is my name now. That's a freaking awesome phrase.]
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:43:55 PM
The graviton pulse approaches and as the darkness engulfs, a shimmer is seen near the edge. The bug sheds the stone floor pattern and chatters hungrily, seemingly unharmed (you only missed due to the range penalty >.<).

3 faces the agile cat, the air around its slashing hand rippling. It connects with a massive slam and sends the large cat sprawling.

14 damage and prone against Ragnar. Ragnar is bloodied in one massive hit.

2 Moves to B7; OA invoked from Torres, Hit, 16 damage as the twin fists come crashing down.

2 Targets hpg, 9 damage as the claw slams down, the air rippling like a hammer - 9 damage and prone against hpg.

Tv you are up.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:47:36 PM
At 5/5/2011 7:34:07 PM, Korashk wrote:
The black mass

Want token recoloured?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 8:08:37 PM
At 5/5/2011 7:47:36 PM, Puck wrote:
At 5/5/2011 7:34:07 PM, Korashk wrote:
The black mass

Want token recoloured?

[Sure.]
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:13:23 PM
hold up tv, got an interrupt.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:27:15 PM
As I warned you I would use this interrupt mutation, so I shall:

Reflexive teleport, immediate interrupt:

You switch places with an enemy.; Immediate interrupt, Ranged 10.; Trigger: You are hit by an attack; Target: One creature; Attack: Level + 3 vs Will; Hit: You and
the target teleport, swapping positions. The triggering attack hits the target instead, and misses you if you're out of range.; Miss: You teleport 3 squares after the triggering attack.

Attempt to switch with 5, which being at J7 is two squares diagonal from my position of H5, diagonal squares being the same distance as straight squares by 4e rules. +3 vs 5's will. If I make the roll, 5 soaks up the hit instead. If i miss it, I'll teleport to H2, still being prone and bloodied.

Modhed sees a fuzzy portal line between him and an enemy the moment the other makes contact, and time seems to freeze. He thinks it would be more fun if the line spun in circles. Yeah, that's a lot more fun than getting slammed. Will it to be, Modhed....
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:38:02 PM
Oh wait, ranged 10 means 10 squares, not ten feet. Gotta clear out the dust of 3.5 move rules in me brain. In that case I'm trying to switch with 1 which is at B8, not 5. Still H2 if I fail the roll.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:53:33 PM
At 5/5/2011 10:38:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Oh wait, ranged 10 means 10 squares, not ten feet. Gotta clear out the dust of 3.5 move rules in me brain. In that case I'm trying to switch with 1 which is at B8, not 5. Still H2 if I fail the roll.

Which you don't! As the hit connects, you swap places, the force of the strike now punishing your replacement, who afterwards is bloodied and looking a little shaky.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:55:58 PM
Modhed is a little disoriented as the lines bend reality for him and disappear, but then shrugs it off with a Woo!
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 3:14:25 AM
Don't move, cast Fiery Flare on 3 again.

Sirius, still grinning a vaporous smile from his (it's?) last successful attack, breaths out a torrent of steam before sending the flaming attack at the ugly creature.

(Can we get a map update please?)

Muh threads