Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Marvel (Avengers) Mafia DP2 Pt2

Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:12:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Continue discussion here.

Player List:
01.) M.Torres
02.) timbeech
04.) innomen
05.) badger
06.) bluesteel
07.) m93samman
08.) Nerdykiller
09.) mongeese
10.) rogue
11.) headphonegut
12.) mattrodstrom
13.) feverish
14.) Marauder
15.) The Mighty Koopin
16.) Logic_on_rails
17.) Thaddus
18.) OreEle
19.) Johnicle
20.) socialpinko
21.) xxdarkxx
22.) tvellalott

Vote count:
- marauder [1/11] (inno)
- OreEle [1/11] (feves)
- No Lynch [2/11] (Ore, pinko)
- innomen [2/11] (koop, marau)
- feverish [1/11] (matt)
- Johnicle [1/11] (tim)
- bluesteel [3/11] (tim, head, badger)

Original Thread:
http://www.debate.org...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:39:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
01.) M.Torres
02.) timbeech - Scarlet Witch
04.) innomen - Nick Fury
05.) badger -
06.) bluesteel - War Machine
07.) m93samman - Thor
08.) Nerdykiller - Luke Cage
09.) mongeese -
10.) rogue -
11.) headphonegut - Ant Man
12.) mattrodstrom -
13.) feverish -
14.) Marauder - Hawkeye
15.) The Mighty Koopin -
16.) Logic_on_rails -
17.) Thaddus -
18.) OreEle -
19.) Johnicle -
20.) socialpinko -
21.) xxdarkxx - Captain America
22.) tvellalott - Deadpool
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:42:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 6:19:54 PM, badger wrote:
so.. where were we? :)

lynching bluesteelO
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 6:47:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 6:42:17 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/5/2011 6:19:54 PM, badger wrote:
so.. where were we? :)

lynching bluesteelO

No one is on right now.

Later tonight we do it.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:23:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Actually, tim, lynching badger would be the favor to me. Then I might actually want to play.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:25:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 7:23:29 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL badger

What are your reasons?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:34:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 7:25:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/5/2011 7:23:29 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL badger

What are your reasons?

1) He's annoying me
2) He seems determined to lynch me for no logic reason
3) He claimed War Machine was the same as Iron Man; clearly not true, since he just claimed to be looking it up
4) He's a merc who could just as easily have been recruited to the mafia as to the town. We can't waste investigations on all of them.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 7:52:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 7:34:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/5/2011 7:25:03 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/5/2011 7:23:29 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL badger

What are your reasons?

1) He's annoying me
2) He seems determined to lynch me for no logic reason
3) He claimed War Machine was the same as Iron Man; clearly not true, since he just claimed to be looking it up


4) He's a merc who could just as easily have been recruited to the mafia as to the town. We can't waste investigations on all of them. WIN

UNVOTE
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:28:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 7:23:10 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Actually, tim, lynching badger would be the favor to me. Then I might actually want to play.

Okay I fine with that. Whatever makes people not want to quit.

unvote
VTL Badger
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:31:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL BADGER

I think you're mafia it's nothing personnel just going with my original idea
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:36:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL badger
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:36:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am back from work now and have caught up with whats been posted.

@claim that hawkeye is an obscure claim good fake claim
theres not a movie or cartoon that dosnt have Hawkeye as one of the main avengers guys. Basically heres a list of the roles you can all know for sure will be in here as town somehow

1) Iron Man
2) Captin America
3) Thor
4) Hulk
5) Antman
6) Wasp
7) Hawkeye
8) Black Panther

also these three are highly probable too
9) Black Widow
10) Vision
11) Wonderman

if there not on that list you have grounds for calling the claim 'kind of obscure'
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:41:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 6:39:51 PM, timbeech wrote:
01.) M.Torres
02.) timbeech - Scarlet Witch
04.) innomen - Nick Fury
05.) badger - Palidin
06.) bluesteel - War Machine
07.) m93samman - Thor
08.) Nerdykiller - Luke Cage
09.) mongeese -
10.) rogue -
11.) headphonegut - Ant Man
12.) mattrodstrom -
13.) feverish -
14.) Marauder - Hawkeye
15.) The Mighty Koopin -
16.) Logic_on_rails -
17.) Thaddus -
18.) OreEle -
19.) Johnicle -
20.) socialpinko -
21.) xxdarkxx - Captain America
22.) tvellalott - Deadpool

you forgot badger claimed palidin
also when did headphone claim antman? I asked him for a character claim and he said 'none of your busness' and said he wanted it to see if someone would use it as a fake claim so he could cc.

If he's antman I dont see why headphone thought thats an unlikely doctor. antman is like the perfect doctor role character for the avengers. he would also be the perfect lover role too though (with wasp).
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:55:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 7:34:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:

3) He claimed War Machine was the same as Iron Man; clearly not true, since he just claimed to be looking it up

actually, I'm not that convinced of your war machine claim either. even though Rhodes is legitimately another character distinguished from iron man, the point about you being just another iron man still stands.

War Machine may be a whole lot more than just another 'suit' of tony's, but power wise and potential role wise in this game he would have to be very similar. Rodie is more Iron Man themed mythos than Avenger themed mythos.

so a) it just seems unlikely there would be two iron man like power characters for this game
b) war machine really would be a good fake claim for the mafia. it is a little believable Rodie would be in this game, but a relatively safe bet that he is not to risk the chance of a cc

that said though your still only the second most suspicious player right now as you have never tried to give reason to be suspicious of thor.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:36:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count:
- marauder [1/11] (inno)
- OreEle [1/11] (feves)
- No Lynch [1/11] (Ore)
- innomen [2/11] (koop, marau)
- feverish [1/11] (matt)
- bluesteel [2/11] (tim, badger)
- badger [4/11] (blue, tim, head, pinko)

1.) Do not know if I mentioned this earlier, but once a lynch is reached, that person is lynched regardless of unvotes. You can all still talk until I officially end the phase, but the lynch goes through.

2.) This phase will end in approximately 12 hours unless there is sufficient thread activity (tbd by myself). Regardless of whether or not a lynch has been reached.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:42:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
well hmmm I guess people should start posting even if their policy is "I'll wait for a few people to die then jump in" that's really illogical btw
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:39:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You. All. Suck.

You made me read all of that crap. What. The. Hell.

This is stupid. CAN THE DP JUST END??

I really don't care who get's lynched now. Jesus. This is ridiculous.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:46:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 11:36:40 PM, Korashk wrote:
Vote Count:
- marauder [1/11] (inno)
- OreEle [1/11] (feves)
- No Lynch [1/11] (Ore)
- innomen [2/11] (koop, marau)
- feverish [1/11] (matt)
- bluesteel [2/11] (tim, badger)
- badger [4/11] (blue, tim, head, pinko)

I mean seriously...? SERIOUSLY??

Come on. Get it together. http://tinyurl.com...
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:54:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 12:46:42 AM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/5/2011 11:36:40 PM, Korashk wrote:
Vote Count:
- marauder [1/11] (inno)
- OreEle [1/11] (feves)
- No Lynch [1/11] (Ore)
- innomen [2/11] (koop, marau)
- feverish [1/11] (matt)
- bluesteel [2/11] (tim, badger)
- badger [4/11] (blue, tim, head, pinko)

I mean seriously...? SERIOUSLY??

Come on. Get it together. http://tinyurl.com...

you should vote badger
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:54:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 12:39:58 AM, M.Torres wrote:
You. All. Suck.

You made me read all of that crap. What. The. Hell.

This is stupid. CAN THE DP JUST END??

I really don't care who get's lynched now. Jesus. This is ridiculous.

if you want to end the day phase already youve got to pick someone to lynch. basically youve only got three choices right now to lynch for the kill from...

innomen; reasons I gave about sheild being avenger protagonist and innomen trying to FOS thor

bluesteel: for claiming warmachine, a redundant kind of superhero to have in a game with iron man, and he tried to get a mass role claim on day phase 2

badger: he's merc so elimating him would hurt the mafia some even if he is not recruited to them yet, and he's been annoying throwing FOS on bluesteel before there was cause and has been general the most unhelpfull player so far in the game.

I'll back you up for ending the day phase and switch votes if I see the person people go with to lynch is not innom any time soon and vote for one of the other two. for now though I'm keeping my vote, I still think a player cant be so ignorant they think thor 'isnt really all that good he might be cult' and that shield is almost defenitly not good for the town when the town is the avengers.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:57:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 12:54:06 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/6/2011 12:46:42 AM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/5/2011 11:36:40 PM, Korashk wrote:
Vote Count:
- marauder [1/11] (inno)
- OreEle [1/11] (feves)
- No Lynch [1/11] (Ore)
- innomen [2/11] (koop, marau)
- feverish [1/11] (matt)
- bluesteel [2/11] (tim, badger)
- badger [4/11] (blue, tim, head, pinko)

I mean seriously...? SERIOUSLY??

Come on. Get it together. http://tinyurl.com...

you should vote badger



Because Blue pissed him off??

I already suggested voting for him earlier, since he's a Merc. I mean, seriously, if Merc's CAN be Mafia, wouldn't it be better to kill 'em off?

I'm frustrated because we can't figure out the recruitment methods AT ALL. Who's to say the Mafia can't outnumber town JUST because of recruitment methods that are random? This is bull. >:/

BUT I really see no suspicion to lynch him over any other Merc. So I really have no idea what to do.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:59:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 12:54:47 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 5/6/2011 12:39:58 AM, M.Torres wrote:
You. All. Suck.

You made me read all of that crap. What. The. Hell.

This is stupid. CAN THE DP JUST END??

I really don't care who get's lynched now. Jesus. This is ridiculous.

if you want to end the day phase already youve got to pick someone to lynch. basically youve only got three choices right now to lynch for the kill from...

innomen; reasons I gave about sheild being avenger protagonist and innomen trying to FOS thor

bluesteel: for claiming warmachine, a redundant kind of superhero to have in a game with iron man, and he tried to get a mass role claim on day phase 2

badger: he's merc so elimating him would hurt the mafia some even if he is not recruited to them yet, and he's been annoying throwing FOS on bluesteel before there was cause and has been general the most unhelpfull player so far in the game.

I'll back you up for ending the day phase and switch votes if I see the person people go with to lynch is not innom any time soon and vote for one of the other two. for now though I'm keeping my vote, I still think a player cant be so ignorant they think thor 'isnt really all that good he might be cult' and that shield is almost defenitly not good for the town when the town is the avengers.

He's also a Vanilla, right? Badger - do you have a role?

Now I want him to roleclaim, cause I ain't risking Mafia outnumbering us.

In fact, we need to figure out if Mercs have roles. If they don't, then they're fodder.

VTL Badger for role info, if there is any.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:00:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol at whoever (can't remember) didn't know who Hawkeye was, but claimed to know about the Avengers.

I mean seriously? SERIOUSLY?

I'm not even that big of a fan, and even I know Hawkeye's a major Avenger.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:06:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 1:00:12 AM, M.Torres wrote:
lol at whoever (can't remember) didn't know who Hawkeye was, but claimed to know about the Avengers.

I mean seriously? SERIOUSLY?

I'm not even that big of a fan, and even I know Hawkeye's a major Avenger.

who was that they're probably mafia
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 1:11:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 12:57:25 AM, M.Torres wrote:
I'm frustrated because we can't figure out the recruitment methods AT ALL. Who's to say the Mafia can't outnumber town JUST because of recruitment methods that are random? This is bull. >:/

I'm going to level with the town here for a sec because this is getting painful:

- The recruitment conditions do not and never did matter.
- All the hirelings have been recruited.
- The game is not unbalanced.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown