Total Posts:127|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Marvel (Avengers) Mafia DP3

Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 3:57:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules and Other Info:
http://www.debate.org...

Player List:
01.) M.Torres
02.) timbeech
04.) innomen
05.) badger
06.) bluesteel
07.) m93samman
08.) Nerdykiller
09.) FREEDO (replaced mongeese)
10.) nonentity (replaced rogue)
11.) headphonegut
12.) mattrodstrom
13.) feverish
15.) The Mighty Koopin
16.) Logic_on_rails
17.) Thaddus
18.) OreEle
20.) socialpinko
21.) xxdarkxx
22.) tvellalott

Deceased Players:
nonentity - You are Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) the Inventor.

Johnicle - You are Ultron (No Alias) the Limiter. As a creation of an Avenger that went wrong, you are a sore spot for the team. Each night you may target a person, and during the next day phase that player is limited to 15 posts. You win when the number of living mafiosos is greater than or equal to the number of living non-mafia players.

marauder - You are Clint Barton (aka Hawkeye) the Two-Shot Tracker. Your hotheadedness both helps and hinders the team, and you are especially good at hiding yourself in combat to strike at the enemies of The Avengers. Twice during the game during the night phase you may target one person and learn who they visited. You can only use this ability twice, and not on consecutive night phases. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead.

Extra Info:
- From now on there will be no, no lynches due to lack of enough votes for a player.
- Reminder that once the requisite number of votes have been cast for a lynch, that player is lynched regardless of unvotes
- This phase will end in approximately three days time
- 10 votes required for a lynch

BEGIN!
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:02:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
hmmmmmmmmmm so I guess he was town :P
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:04:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
i was gonna say marauder was actually probably town and johnicle probably mafia at the end of last dp only i just didn't :)

anyway, i'll be fairly quiet this dp.. i've been limited to 10 posts.

i wouldn't come out yet whoever you are who put it on me.. if you're even town..

vtl bluesteel
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:06:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

sh1t!
signature
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:09:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 3:57:11 PM, Korashk wrote:
Johnicle - You are Ultron (No Alias) the Limiter. As a creation of an Avenger that went wrong, you are a sore spot for the team. Each night you may target a person, and during the next day phase that player is limited to 10 posts. You win when the number of living mafiosos is greater than or equal to the number of living non-mafia players.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:09:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:04:46 PM, badger wrote:
i was gonna say marauder was actually probably town and johnicle probably mafia at the end of last dp only i just didn't :)

anyway, i'll be fairly quiet this dp.. i've been limited to 10 posts.

i wouldn't come out yet whoever you are who put it on me.. if you're even town..

vtl bluesteel

Marauder played it bad. 10 posts? Weird. Of all people to have that sort of restriction.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:13:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I suggest we look over Marauder's posts carefully now that we know he was town; he seemed to have very good comic book knowledge. Personally, I can't remember all of his posts, so it'll take me a few minutes to go through the previous gigantic DP, all the time I have before leaving for school. I'll vote when I return home this afternoon. Although, if I remember, Bluesteel was suspicious (just going off memory) :

VTL Bluesteel
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:16:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:06:00 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

sh1t!

Lol. VTL Bagder
This is pretty much admitting to being mafia.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:19:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
ugh

Vote To Lynch BlueSteelO


caricature plz
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:31:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL badger

We know that Johnicle had the power to limit players to 10 posts and now he's dead and was mafia. Badger however was limited to 15 posts. I'm guessing that Korashk didn't put two limiters in the mafia. So whoever limited badger was most likely town.

Plus he admitted to receiving some sort of list of character claims from Korashk which I don't think would have been sent to a townie. He basically admitted to being mafia.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:32:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:29:14 PM, innomen wrote:
Not defending him, but why are we going at Bluesteel? I don't remember the reason for the FOS.

not sure

unvote

and good point social

vote Badger
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:34:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:16:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:06:00 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

sh1t!

Lol. VTL Bagder
This is pretty much admitting to being mafia.

i guess thaddeus is an idiot or mafia. korashk pretty much just confirmed me with his correction of johnicle's role.. which obviously went through on me.. which would mean mafia didn't like the sorta stuff i was saying? ..unless someone else is claiming they've been ten post limited?

i'd also be suspicious of logic whatever his name is.. he's been talking complete and utter nonsense this game too. and said he can confirme there're both town and mafia recruiters in this game? and feverish pretty much soft claimed recruiter too...? dunno.. i trust feverish.. bluesteel was after him :)

6 more isn't it?

i
signature
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:41:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:34:23 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:16:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:06:00 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

sh1t!

Lol. VTL Bagder
This is pretty much admitting to being mafia.

i guess thaddeus is an idiot or mafia. korashk pretty much just confirmed me with his correction of johnicle's role.. which obviously went through on me.. which would mean mafia didn't like the sorta stuff i was saying? ..unless someone else is claiming they've been ten post limited?

i'd also be suspicious of logic whatever his name is.. he's been talking complete and utter nonsense this game too. and said he can confirme there're both town and mafia recruiters in this game? and feverish pretty much soft claimed recruiter too...? dunno.. i trust feverish.. bluesteel was after him :)

6 more isn't it?

i

You are going to need to explain yourself better than this. I'm keeping my vote on you until you say what the list you got from Korashk was about and why you swore after revealing this. Surely such a list is very likely to be given mafia members. It certainly hasn't been given to townies. Also you said "us". This makes you mafia or cult IMO, and because of the list more likely mafia.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:46:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And how the hell does his correction confirm you? Had you been in a pm with Jonicle, you would have known the correct number too. Also Jonicle had already stated the number last phase.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:00:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:41:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:34:23 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:16:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:06:00 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

sh1t!

Lol. VTL Bagder
This is pretty much admitting to being mafia.

i guess thaddeus is an idiot or mafia. korashk pretty much just confirmed me with his correction of johnicle's role.. which obviously went through on me.. which would mean mafia didn't like the sorta stuff i was saying? ..unless someone else is claiming they've been ten post limited?

i'd also be suspicious of logic whatever his name is.. he's been talking complete and utter nonsense this game too. and said he can confirme there're both town and mafia recruiters in this game? and feverish pretty much soft claimed recruiter too...? dunno.. i trust feverish.. bluesteel was after him :)

6 more isn't it?

i

You are going to need to explain yourself better than this. I'm keeping my vote on you until you say what the list you got from Korashk was about and why you swore after revealing this. Surely such a list is very likely to be given mafia members. It certainly hasn't been given to townies. Also you said "us". This makes you mafia or cult IMO, and because of the list more likely mafia.

very well..

in my first post i claimed to have been limited to ten posts...

johnicle's role in the openin post said he limited people to 15,

so.. i assumed there was another post limiter.. and i was thinking there was a possibility it could've been town, however large, and that it wasn't all that threatening a role anyway even if it was mafia.. so i played like it was town.. thinking it might've made that role, if mafia, comfortable in claiming so lol... and if it was town, i told them not to come forward :) win win..

this intent, now that you are aware of it, can be seen in the first post.

now.. i suppose this might be a mafia ploy.. i might have known johnicle's correct role all along.. whatever..

but i'd have ye notice he was one of the few i've fingered as mafia in past day phases.. so that should go down good in my books don't ye think?

ye'd be idiots not to have bluesteel claim first at least before hanging me.. if he comes up town then sure ye've reason to SUSPECT me.. but it'd only be based on me leading ye wrong.. which bluesteel has done numerous times already :)

why i cursed?

i cursed because i made yet another post after my first one.. without thinking pretty much like the idiot that usually am.. i've only a certain number of posts i'm allowed to make... i replied to the commet about marauder cos i'd called him mafia last day phase.. and wanted to clear that up.. he just put forward terrible ideas and defended people i think scummy.. he's just a bad player i suppose.. if i'd taken the time to actually read fully through the day phases and korashk's links i'd have seen that earlier.. i didn't.. i might seem scummy for this.. know that it really is the case that i've so far just been doing a half arsed job..

i did name johnicle as very possible mafia. and criticized his claim of someone having limited him even.. which would've been a reason to use it on me..

and roles like that do usually go through on someone even if the user is killed.. i know cos it's happened to me :) but it's something the mod would surely clarify for me..

anyway.. you could've nearly figured all this out yourself.. and i've limited posts... so.. help a brother out if you're town..
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:03:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:46:14 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
And how the hell does his correction confirm you? Had you been in a pm with Jonicle, you would have known the correct number too. Also Jonicle had already stated the number last phase.

yes this could be the case. so i can't fault you really. i'm getting pretty fvcked for posts here though.. so i'd really like if you might follow up that whole bluesteel thing i've been on about there for a while before lynching me/pressing me for anymore information/allowing me to be pressed for anymore information even..

i don't even know how many posts i've left now.. 4? 3?
signature
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:04:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 5:00:48 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:41:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:34:23 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:16:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:06:00 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

sh1t!

Lol. VTL Bagder
This is pretty much admitting to being mafia.

i guess thaddeus is an idiot or mafia. korashk pretty much just confirmed me with his correction of johnicle's role.. which obviously went through on me.. which would mean mafia didn't like the sorta stuff i was saying? ..unless someone else is claiming they've been ten post limited?

i'd also be suspicious of logic whatever his name is.. he's been talking complete and utter nonsense this game too. and said he can confirme there're both town and mafia recruiters in this game? and feverish pretty much soft claimed recruiter too...? dunno.. i trust feverish.. bluesteel was after him :)

6 more isn't it?

i

You are going to need to explain yourself better than this. I'm keeping my vote on you until you say what the list you got from Korashk was about and why you swore after revealing this. Surely such a list is very likely to be given mafia members. It certainly hasn't been given to townies. Also you said "us". This makes you mafia or cult IMO, and because of the list more likely mafia.

very well..

in my first post i claimed to have been limited to ten posts...

johnicle's role in the openin post said he limited people to 15,

so.. i assumed there was another post limiter.. and i was thinking there was a possibility it could've been town, however large, and that it wasn't all that threatening a role anyway even if it was mafia.. so i played like it was town.. thinking it might've made that role, if mafia, comfortable in claiming so lol... and if it was town, i told them not to come forward :) win win..

this intent, now that you are aware of it, can be seen in the first post.

now.. i suppose this might be a mafia ploy.. i might have known johnicle's correct role all along.. whatever..

but i'd have ye notice he was one of the few i've fingered as mafia in past day phases.. so that should go down good in my books don't ye think?

ye'd be idiots not to have bluesteel claim first at least before hanging me.. if he comes up town then sure ye've reason to SUSPECT me.. but it'd only be based on me leading ye wrong.. which bluesteel has done numerous times already :)

why i cursed?

i cursed because i made yet another post after my first one.. without thinking pretty much like the idiot that usually am.. i've only a certain number of posts i'm allowed to make... i replied to the commet about marauder cos i'd called him mafia last day phase.. and wanted to clear that up.. he just put forward terrible ideas and defended people i think scummy.. he's just a bad player i suppose.. if i'd taken the time to actually read fully through the day phases and korashk's links i'd have seen that earlier.. i didn't.. i might seem scummy for this.. know that it really is the case that i've so far just been doing a half arsed job..

i did name johnicle as very possible mafia. and criticized his claim of someone having limited him even.. which would've been a reason to use it on me..

and roles like that do usually go through on someone even if the user is killed.. i know cos it's happened to me :) but it's something the mod would surely clarify for me..

anyway.. you could've nearly figured all this out yourself.. and i've limited posts... so.. help a brother out if you're town..

Motivation can be BS'd. You still haven't explained the largest piece of evidence against you. The List.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:05:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh, seeing as we have a whole phase don't respond straight away until we have more people's input, so you have more to respond to in one post.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:17:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

So what is the list and who is us? This better be really, really, really good.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:21:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 5:16:41 PM, badger wrote:
right i've 3 after this i think.. but what list?

i think the only thing that should make me seem suspect would be if someone were to counter claim me on having been post limited anyway.. on having korashk confirm that his role would've went through... i mean why would he not use his role on a townie a second night phase in a row? and i called it's existence into question last dp so who better than to use it on if i were town? this should pretty much confirm me!
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:26:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 5:17:45 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

So what is the list and who is us? This better be really, really, really good.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

this list here that korashk gave us in the story bit in his opening post back in the first day phase. i went reading after he called the last day phase. saw the error in my ways. told you of them earlier.

good enough?
signature
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:26:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count:
- bluesteel [2/10] (badger, Logic)
- badger [3/10] (thad, pinko, head)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:32:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 5:26:04 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 5:17:45 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

So what is the list and who is us? This better be really, really, really good.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

this list here that korashk gave us in the story bit in his opening post back in the first day phase. i went reading after he called the last day phase. saw the error in my ways. told you of them earlier.

good enough?

Yes, actually. Unvote
VTL Bluesteel for claim
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:54:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 5:26:04 PM, badger wrote:
At 5/8/2011 5:17:45 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/8/2011 4:05:33 PM, badger wrote:
yeah hawkeye seemed a fairly major good guy character in fairness lol.. he was bolded and everything in that list korashk gave us.

So what is the list and who is us? This better be really, really, really good.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

this list here that korashk gave us in the story bit in his opening post back in the first day phase. i went reading after he called the last day phase. saw the error in my ways. told you of them earlier.

good enough?

Unvote
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 6:36:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
hmph how about we get two character claims?

vote bluesteel
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 6:44:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not really following this game anymore, to be honest. I'll claim if you guys want, but this should seem pretty obvious. Badger talked about some list that we know nothing about - definitely a mistake. And Johnicle claimed that his own role was used on himself last DP. He was clearly trying to use the role limiter thing to confirm fellow mafiosos, instead of using it offensively to limit townies.

VTL badger

But w/e, I'll claim. I'm a JOAT, but my powers only activate if Iron Man dies. I have a one-shot bulletproof, track, protect, and kill. I protected inno last night.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)