21.) xxdarkxx
22.) tvellalott

Cult Losers:
04.) innomen
10.) nonentity[2]
12.) mattrodstrom
17.) Thaddus

MVP(s):
Marauder - He was the most knowledgeable and active in the game. He pretty much lead the town eveb though he tended to over-think the game.

Koopin - Took out matt, which led to the lynch of innomen, and he killed Johnicle, which bought the town a phase and likely made it so that he wasn't confirmed for claiming that he was limited.

Actions:
http://i51.tinypic.com...

Roles:
01.) M.Torres - You are Loki Laufeyson (No Alias) the Role-blocker. Your magic is able to confound and confuse The Avengers; as a matter of fact it was because of this ability that they were formed. During each night phase you may choose one person and they will be unable to use their power for that night. You win when the number of living mafiosos is greater than or equal to the number of living non-mafia players.

02.) timbeech - You are Wanda Maximoff (aka Scarlet Witch) the Sibling and Diviner. You are connected to Pietro Maximoff (feverish), your twin brother and love him very much. During the night phase I will send you a clue about someone's night actions. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead.

03.) nonentity[1] - You are Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) the Inventor. Your powers as a superhero come from your many, many different suits. During each night phase you may choose one suit to use, after you do I will tell you what that suit does and you will then choose who you are using the suit on. Your suits to choose from are: Stealth Armor Mark I (Watcher); Stealth Armor Mark II (Watcher); Experimental Safe Arm (Doctor); and Crossing Armor (Vigilante). Each suit can only be used once. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead. Used Experimental Safe Armor.

04.) innomen - You are Nick Fury (No Alias) the Bulletproof Cult Recruiter. You are the founder of SHIELD, a government organization that works to combat supernatural threats to Earth. Each night phase you may target one person and that person will join the cult. You also survive one nighttime attempt on your life. The cult can have up to four members at one time and not all players can be recruited. You are a cultist and win when the mafia is dead and the number of living cultists are greater than or equal to the number of living townies.

05.) badger - Your real name is unknown (aka Paladin) the Hireling. As a mercenary, you accept jobs as they come. Regardless of who's offering. You have no abilities. After certain conditions are met you join one of the existing factions and gain win conditions that mirror its. Before this happens your win condition is survival. Gained one-shot bodyguard.

06.) bluesteel - You are Nijo Minamiyori (aka Agent X) the Hireling. As a mercenary, you accept jobs as they come. Regardless of who's offering. You have no abilities. After certain conditions are met you join one of the existing factions and gain win conditions that mirror its. Before this happens your win condition is survival. Recruited to the mafia on DP2.

07.) Marauder[2] - You are Thor Odinson (No Alias) the Mason Recruiter. You are a very outgoing member of the Avengers that can instill a sense of camaraderie throughout the team. Each night phase you may target one person and they will join the masons. If you attempt to recruit a non-town player you will die and the masons can only have up to four members at one time. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead.

08.) Andromeda_Z - You are Johann Shmidt (aka Red Skull) the Politician. In your early years you were Hitler's underling and later served as a prominent enemy of the Avengers. each night you can steal the vote of one player to make them vote for whomever you want for the entirety of the following day phase. You win when the number of living mafiosos is greater than or equal to the number of living non-mafia players.

09.) lovelife - You are Christoph Nord (aka Maverick) the Hireling. As a mercenary, you accept jobs as they come. Regardless of who's offering. You have no abilities. After certain conditions are met you join one of the existing factions and gain win conditions that mirror its. Before this happens your win condition is survival.

10.) nonentity[2] - You are Inez Temple (aka Outlaw) the Hireling. As a mercenary, you accept jobs as they come. Regardless of who's offering. You have no abilities. After certain conditions are met you join one of the existing factions and gain win conditions that mirror its. Before this happens your win condition is survival. Gained one-shot watcher.

11.) headphonegut - You are Hank Pym (aka Ant-Man) the Doctor. As a biochemist, you use science to try and better the world. On every night phase you may target one person, and that person will survive any attempt made on their life during that phase. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead.

12.) mattrodstrom - You are Natasha Romanov (aka Black Widow) a Regular Cultist. You are a prominent member of SHIELD and often work with Nick Fury. You have no powers, but participate in the cult PM. You are a cultist and win when the mafia is dead and the number of living cultists are greater than or equal to the number of living townies.

13.) feverish - You are Pietro Maximoff (aka Quicksilver) the Sibling. You are connected to [redacted]. You have no abilities except that you know who your counterpart sibling is. If either of you dies during the game, the other will commit suicide on the next night phase. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead. Granted one-shot cop.

14.) Marauder[1] - You are Clint Barton (aka Hawkeye) the Two-Shot Tracker. Your hotheadedness both helps and hinders the team, and you are especially good at hiding yourself in combat to strike at the enemies of The Avengers. Twice during the game during the night phase you may target one person and learn who they visited. You can only use this ability twice, and not on consecutive night phases. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead.

15.) The Mighty Koopin - You are Bruce Banner (aka The Hulk) the Unpredictable. Your anger turns you into The Hulk, an unpredictable and hard to control monster. During the night phase I will flip a coin. If it comes up heads you get a kill that you have to use. If it comes up tails you're bulletproof. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead.

16.) Logic_on_rails - You are Hercules (No Alias) the Un-recruitable Townie. You help the Avengers out a lot and are very likable, but you do like spending time alone. You are unable to be recruited by any faction. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead. Granted one-shot tracker.

17.) Thaddus - You are Mar-Vell (aka Captain Marvel) the Sacrificial hero. While never an official Avenger until after your death, you often worked with them, and they were all honored to call you friend. During the night phase you can choose to give up your life in place of another townie who would have died that phase. Once you do this you will live for two more day phases until declared dead. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead. Recruited to cult on NP1.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 11:48:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
18.) OreEle - You are Vanessa Carlysle (aka Copycat) the Hireling. As a mercenary, you accept jobs as they come. Regardless of who's offering. You have no abilities. After certain conditions are met you join one of the existing factions and gain win conditions that mirror its. Before this happens your win condition is survival.

19.) Johnicle - You are Ultron (No Alias) the Limiter. As a creation of an Avenger that went wrong, you are a sore spot for the team. Each night you may target a person, and during the next day phase that player is limited to 15 posts. You win when the number of living mafiosos is greater than or equal to the number of living non-mafia players.

20.) socialpinko - You are Kl'rt (aka Super Skrull) the Godfather. Your Skrull ability to shapeshift makes it easy for you to disguise yourself. You come up innocent when investigated by the cop. You win when the number of living mafiosos is greater than or equal to the number of living non-mafia players. Gained one-shot watcher.

21.) xxdarkxx - You are Steve Rogers (aka Captain America) the Cop. You are often referred to as the "heart and soul of the Avengers" and nigh everyone holds you in high regard. On every night phase you may investigate one person and I will tell you if they are guilty or innocent. You are a townie and win when all non-town players are dead.

22.) tvellalott - You are Wade Wilson (aka Deadpool) the Hireling. As a mercenary, you accept jobs as they come. Regardless of who's offering. You have no abilities. After certain conditions are met you join one of the existing factions and gain win conditions that mirror its. Before this happens your win condition is survival. Gained one-shot psychic (character cop).

Particulars/Observations:
- Chose who the hirelings were based on doing a search on Marvel's wiki for people that had "mercenary" as an occupation.

- Recruitment was sort of predetermined like badger thought. The hirelings were paired with each other, and when one of the pair was hired, the other went to a different faction.

- Conditions were: 53rd vote cast hired tv to the town and made bluesteel go to the opposite faction; first post that took up the entire browser screen (only 25% could be a quote) hired badger to the town and made lovelife go to the mafia; first post that mentioned four or more players (excluding lists) hired OreEle to the town and made nonentity[2] go to the cult. All three were in DP2.

- Changed Ultron's (Johnicle's) role from 15 posts, to 10 once NP1 hit.

- Changed Koopin's role to what it is now on DP2. It was more complicated.

- Gave the mafia fake claims (Black Panther, Wasp, Vision, Ms. Marvel) because if they had to think of theirown they'd be instantly picked from the crowd.

- I think the "no inactivity no lynches" is a good idea for games.

- I know that letting badger get in his action could have prevented one of the town deaths, but he would have died in their place, making the power moot.

- The mafia didn't really win this one so much as the town lost this one. It was a decently played game, but there wasn't much that the mafia actually did to get the win. They basically just waited things out. Granted, their night actions were very strategic and for that they deserve props.

- I wouldn't mind being rated and getting feedback about the game and my modding abilities.

At 5/20/2011 10:37:40 PM, timbeech wrote:
I HATE MY LIFE!!!! I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF, YOU HEAR?!!!! MY TWIN IS DEAD!!!!!!
nac

Hahahahaha
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2011 11:52:30 PM
MVP(s) Con't:
M.Torres - Led the mafia in terms of night phase strategy.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 12:22:31 AM
w00t, I paid little/no attention, and still won! lol
tho I didn't know we could win that quickly o.0
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 12:27:18 AM
o.0 I was a hireling? I thought I was the politician. So what's up with if I died andro would be outed as lying about being the politician?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 12:39:59 AM
At 5/21/2011 12:27:18 AM, lovelife wrote:
o.0 I was a hireling? I thought I was the politician. So what's up with if I died andro would be outed as lying about being the politician?

Did you replace FREEDO or nerdykiller? nerdy was the politician and FREEDO was the hireling.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 12:53:42 AM
did you know I'm overthinking your overthinking comment right now I think about it? anyway I completely believe you when you say I overthought this

It's cool being called MVP for once, yet how can I be the MVP when it was my total wrongness about the number of mafioso and the number of classic avenger claims that lead to town defeat?

like I was really, really, really wrong. there was 6 mafia in this game. a limiter, roleblocker, godfather, politian, and two hired goons.

a mafia that size really do just have to wait it out. I understand the two goon additions could have not occurred for several day phases but when it all happens close to the beginning... I dont know it seems like a lot, but his may be my first big game I have gotten to play I guess.

all in all I think Korshack did really well at saving this game from inactivity, mercilessly replacing people and providing one-shot abilities to the semi-active to gain interest. really a whole lot of the town in this game ended up vanilla and that's interesting for the people with roles that do stuff to ponder over its boring for the vanilla player themselves. even some of the regular non-hiring towns were vanilla like Hercules and quicksilver to for the most part. or they feel like a vanilla anyway when you don't do anything on night phases your role simply relates to what other people do.

also I think the insurance that people get lynched every day-phase is helpful too.

I also liked the presences of mod activity in the games discussion itself when debate over certain idea about game factors we all really have no data on gets intolerably embarrassing. putting a halt to the continuing activity in discussing the pointless has been shown to be as important as doing something about the in-activeness of members as well.

don't know where the game would have gone if Korshk had not stepped in and made it clear 'the recruitment conditions never did matter'. real game discussion did not really get started until after that was cleared up I think.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 12:58:15 AM
At 5/21/2011 12:39:59 AM, Korashk wrote:

Did you replace FREEDO or nerdykiller? nerdy was the politician and FREEDO was the hireling.

Really? I thought it was mongoose/freedo/andro that was the politian and nerdykiller/lovelife was hireling.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 1:11:45 AM
REVIEW:
Deadpool didn't have powers therefore this game sucked. :P

I liked it, though it seems mafia might have had one too many members...

7.5/10
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 1:33:18 AM
Seriously on the too many mafia? 6/22 is well within the norm, plus they started with four. As for roles, neither the limiter or the politician really did anything, neither did the godfather. They may as well have had five goons and a blocker.

Also, clues:
- One who dwells above this mortal plane (Thor) attempted to befriend (recruit to masons) the insane one (Deadpool). You all figured out this one.

- He with the name like an internet ad (Bruce Banner) ended the life of the fire haired beauty (Natasha Romanov).

- One whose allegiance was once unsure (Inez Temple) dropped by the leader [of the masons] (Thor) using a power she wouldn't normally have (Watcher).

- He with a face the color of rage (Red Skull) persuaded (Politician vote steal) a contractor (Inez Temple).
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 1:38:07 AM
In terms of a mod review, you did quite well Korashk. I quite liked a lot of ideas that sped up various game elements (Mod clearing up some confusions, random lynches etc.) . In my large game experiences things get dragged out ridiculously unless some happens. Mod clarifications are a brilliant example of making things more manageable. The only other thing I might suggest would be a maximum post limit (say, 500) .

I don't think there were too many Mafia, but I think the number of 'actionless' townies was a bit much. In particular, this hurt because the town couldn't deduce too much throughout the game.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 1:52:19 AM
At 5/21/2011 1:38:07 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
The only other thing I might suggest would be a maximum post limit (say, 500) .

Heh, I don't think any mod would ever institute a post limit. Back when I first started playing 500+ post phases were common. In Danielle's The Gods mafia one of the phases was well over 1,000 posts. Probably closer to 1,500.

I don't think there were too many Mafia, but I think the number of 'actionless' townies was a bit much. In particular, this hurt because the town couldn't deduce too much throughout the game.

I do agree with that. It was pretty much why I gave six people one-shot powers.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 4:24:11 AM
At 5/21/2011 1:33:18 AM, Korashk wrote:
Seriously on the too many mafia? 6/22 is well within the norm, plus they started with four. As for roles, neither the limiter or the politician really did anything, neither did the godfather. They may as well have had five goons and a blocker.

Too many mafia because there was also a cult. That meant in terms of people working against the town it was half after one night phase.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 4:50:02 AM
At 5/21/2011 4:24:11 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/21/2011 1:33:18 AM, Korashk wrote:

Too many mafia because there was also a cult. That meant in terms of people working against the town it was half after one night phase.

The cult had a vested interest in eliminating the mafia and making sure that the town stayed alive long enough to kill the mafia, as they couldn't win unless all of the mafia was dead. Plus none of them (save you) had powers, and none had useful powers.

That's 16 players ardently anti-mafia. Plus The mafia very well could've knocked off cult players. The cult was both anti-mafia and pro-town until the mafia was dead, the mafia was anti-town and anti-cult, the town was anti-cult and anti-mafia. I stand by the position that the game was balanced.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2011 8:26:33 AM
At 5/21/2011 8:25:51 AM, nonentity wrote:
Yah literally, together, the cult and town had like significant 3 roles. A vig, a doctor, and a mason recruiter. No cop?

Nevermind. I forgot about Captain America.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 12:23:22 AM
At 5/21/2011 12:39:59 AM, Korashk wrote:

I think I replaced freedo and lovelife replaced nerdykiller.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 6:55:25 AM
At 5/21/2011 1:11:45 AM, tvellalott wrote:
REVIEW:
Deadpool didn't have powers therefore this game sucked. :P

That he cannot die may have been a fun role origin. :P
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2011 9:55:44 AM
In hindsight I should've asked lovelife which NP she protected Marauder, because when I watched him nobody visited him. I supposed it wouldn't have mattered anyway, town and cult still would have lost.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2011 3:53:28 AM
Fun game but I agree that the mafia was over powered. 6/22 would be cool if 16/22 were town but with cult as well 6 mafia to 12 town is not a fair balance at all.

We could have still had a chance if we hadn't lost the joat so early and if we'd got some info out of the cop before he died. We probably should have recruited xdarkx to the masons.

7.5/10