Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Naruto Mafia DP6

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:22:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Active players
1. M.Torres
2. tvellalott
3. headphonegut
4. Andromeda_Z
5. OreEle
6. rogue (replaced by socialpinko2)
7. innomen (replaced by logic_on_rails2)

Graveyard

Nerdykiller - You are Chiyo, the Honored Grandmother. At any point in the game, you may sacrifice your life to bring another player back to life. You win with the town.

Logic_on_rails1 - You are Sasuke Uchiha. You possess the famed Sharingan. Your Sharingan allows you to perfectly copy someone else's ninjutsu, once you observe them using that ninjutsu. Each NP, select a player, and as long as that player has used their powers at least once, you copy all that player's active powers for that NP and may use those powers however you like. You win with the cult.

M93samman (replaced by badger) - Itachi Uchiha. You possess the mighty Mangekyou Sharingan, which can confuse all of a player's senses and force them to do your bidding. If you target a player 3 times during consecutive NP's, you convert them to mafia. You win with the mafia.

Socialpinko1 - You are Hinata Hyuga. You are a sensory ninja and possess the famed Byakugan, which allows you to see a player's chi. Each NP you may investigate a player's chi; if it turns up blue, the player is innocent; if it turns up black, the player is guilty. You win with the town.

Snipe – Zetsu . . . Mafia.

Korashk – You are Konohamaru Sarutobi, an annoying little kid with no powers. Your story arcs should all be considered filler. You win with the town.

Bradshaw - You are Kiba Inazuka. Your incredibly powerful nose, coupled with that of your dog Akamaru, make you the ideal tracker. You may see who the targeted player visits during the NP. You win with the town.

==============================================

It takes 4 votes to lynch.

DP ends Friday at 1 pm CST.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:40:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Did anyone else receive one-shot powers last night?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 1:23:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 12:40:00 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Did anyone else receive one-shot powers last night?

No one shot powers. What did you get? Also, let's be VERY careful what we do this DP. While I don't think a mislynch is necessarily fatal, it could be. There's likely 1 Mafia still alive, and an unknown no. of cultists. Does anybody know typical cult win conditions - is it gain a majority or eliminate Mafia AND get a majority?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 1:40:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Nerdy - Chiyo - DEAD , town
OreEle - Guy - Mason , can't be Mafia
Logic - Naruto (confirmed character) , can't be Mafia, popular townie
Brad - Kiba - Tracker Dead, town
Rogue - Jirayai - Sage CONFRIMED TOWNIE
Head - Sakura - flavored protector
Andro - Shino - Vig
M.Torres - Tsunade , Doctor
tvellalott - Kakashi, 2 lives
socialpinko - Hinata - DEAD , town
m93samman - Itachi - Mafia recruiter DEAD
Korashk - Konohamuru, town, DEAD
Snipe - Zetsu - Mafia DEAD

Let's go through the remaining players:

Confirmed Non-Mafia/ likely town: Me, Social, OreEle
Confirmed Non-Mafia: Andromeda
Opposed (as in, 1 is likely town, the other not): headphone, Torres
Other: TV

Now, let me begin by saying that this is based upon cult recruiter assumptions; we don't know a thing about the cult, besides that there is one.

Mafia (assuming 1) : TV or (the guilty 1 of Torres and headphone)
Cult * : TV or (the guilty 1 of Torres and headphone), Andromeda, (don't really have a good guess)

*Best chance guess I think. Covers 1, recruitment every second night (1 starter plus recruits 1,3,5) 2, a team recruitment like OreEle did.

Of course, these are all plain guesses right now. 1 thing that is strange is how few deaths there has been for being on DP 6 (might be me thinking so) , so (again, generally just speculation) , perhaps the cult is bulletproof.

Really, we need to hear from the others. Nobody put together rash votes. If the cult numbers say, 3, then they KNOW who the Mafia player is to a great likelihood (work it out) . Knock the Mafia out and cult may win. Townies, watch your votes. Again, most of this is speculation.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 1:43:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I received soft-cop (character) investigation.
LoR, I suppose now is as good a time as ever to prove myself, pending other information.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 1:53:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 1:43:58 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I received soft-cop (character) investigation.
LoR, I suppose now is as good a time as ever to prove myself, pending other information.

When can you use this power - NP I take it? If so, definitely test 1 of headphone and Torres.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 2:04:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 1:53:25 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 5/24/2011 1:43:58 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I received soft-cop (character) investigation.
LoR, I suppose now is as good a time as ever to prove myself, pending other information.

When can you use this power - NP I take it? If so, definitely test 1 of headphone and Torres.

Of course.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:47:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Logic, did you get vig powers last NP? I assume whoever killed Bradshaw was trying to make me look like mafia.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:50:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 12:47:00 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Logic, did you get vig powers last NP? I assume whoever killed Bradshaw was trying to make me look like mafia.

Social, I assume you targeted Logic, and did not get any messages suggesting that it failed, correct?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:51:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Andro - the person you targeted was the one killed, correct (as in, you weren't bussed)?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:51:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 12:50:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 12:47:00 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Logic, did you get vig powers last NP? I assume whoever killed Bradshaw was trying to make me look like mafia.

Social, I assume you targeted Logic, and did not get any messages suggesting that it failed, correct?

Correct.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 12:52:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 12:51:51 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/24/2011 12:50:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 12:47:00 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Logic, did you get vig powers last NP? I assume whoever killed Bradshaw was trying to make me look like mafia.

Social, I assume you targeted Logic, and did not get any messages suggesting that it failed, correct?

Correct.

Logic, can you confirm that you received your powers?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 2:09:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wasn't visited last night

VTL AndroZ

cuz either 1. somebody used doctor on me which I doubt and 2. andro might not have stuck to the plan
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 4:09:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 12:52:41 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 12:51:51 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/24/2011 12:50:48 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 12:47:00 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Logic, did you get vig powers last NP? I assume whoever killed Bradshaw was trying to make me look like mafia.

Social, I assume you targeted Logic, and did not get any messages suggesting that it failed, correct?

Correct.

Logic, can you confirm that you received your powers?

I got vigilante powers, although I wasn't hoping to make myself such an obvious target so quickly. Now, the main question is if Andromeda followed the plan (ie. tried to kill head) , which seems a bit unlikely since NOTHING has happened to headphone (or he's say bulletproof vs. flavoured protector - as Mafia) . Also, who did Torres protect?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 4:13:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 2:09:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:
I wasn't visited last night

VTL AndroZ

cuz either 1. somebody used doctor on me which I doubt and 2. andro might not have stuck to the plan

Or 3, both you and Andromeda are cult and didn't want to kill a team member. The likelihood that Andromeda happened to veer from a town plan (ie. if he were cult) and happen to hit whoever Torres protected, is rather low. Still, let's hear Andromeda out.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 4:24:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Andro for explanation.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 4:58:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That is a big question regarding Andro, but if that is the case, where did those other kills come from?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 5:31:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lynch-0-tron

Andromeda – 2/4 – headphone, spinko
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 8:07:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Andro, who the heck did you target?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 8:57:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 8:48:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I targeted headphonegut. That was the plan.

Hm. Okay. I targeted myself, figuring that the Mafia would have aimed for me since the plan was me for me to target someone else (arguably Andro).
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 9:01:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 8:57:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/24/2011 8:48:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I targeted headphonegut. That was the plan.

Hm. Okay. I targeted myself, figuring that the Mafia would have aimed for me since the plan was me for me to target someone else (arguably Andro).

What?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2011 9:06:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 9:01:18 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 5/24/2011 8:57:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/24/2011 8:48:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I targeted headphonegut. That was the plan.

Hm. Okay. I targeted myself, figuring that the Mafia would have aimed for me since the plan was me for me to target someone else (arguably Andro).

What?

I read that I was to target whoever (in one of Logic's or OreEle's posts. I can check back for it). So I figured the Mafia would assume that I'd target someone like Logic or Andro. Thinking this, I believed them to then see me as an open target and protected myself hoping to block a kill. Instead, they killed Kiba.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 12:36:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/24/2011 2:09:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:
I wasn't visited last night

VTL AndroZ

cuz either 1. somebody used doctor on me which I doubt and 2. andro might not have stuck to the plan

How do you know that you weren't visited?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 12:49:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 12:36:18 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 2:09:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:
I wasn't visited last night

VTL AndroZ

cuz either 1. somebody used doctor on me which I doubt and 2. andro might not have stuck to the plan

How do you know that you weren't visited?

He should have been, I tried to kill him. That's a visit.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 12:52:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 12:49:33 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 5/25/2011 12:36:18 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 2:09:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:
I wasn't visited last night

VTL AndroZ

cuz either 1. somebody used doctor on me which I doubt and 2. andro might not have stuck to the plan

How do you know that you weren't visited?

He should have been, I tried to kill him. That's a visit.

Yes, but how would he know that he wasn't visited (in order to make that claim)? He never claimed a tracker or watcher role. Our tracker is dead.

VTL head
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 12:55:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 12:52:28 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/25/2011 12:49:33 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 5/25/2011 12:36:18 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 2:09:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:
I wasn't visited last night

VTL AndroZ

cuz either 1. somebody used doctor on me which I doubt and 2. andro might not have stuck to the plan

How do you know that you weren't visited?

He should have been, I tried to kill him. That's a visit.

Yes, but how would he know that he wasn't visited (in order to make that claim)? He never claimed a tracker or watcher role. Our tracker is dead.

VTL head


If he was a watcher, wouldn't I have killed him? Unless he's in the mafia or cult and he's bulletproof and he's talking to the watcher. Something doesn't add up. VTL Headphonegut
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 1:01:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes, OreEle makes an excellent point; how does Head know he wasn't targetted?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 1:04:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 12:55:40 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 5/25/2011 12:52:28 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/25/2011 12:49:33 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 5/25/2011 12:36:18 AM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/24/2011 2:09:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:
I wasn't visited last night

VTL AndroZ

cuz either 1. somebody used doctor on me which I doubt and 2. andro might not have stuck to the plan

How do you know that you weren't visited?

He should have been, I tried to kill him. That's a visit.

Yes, but how would he know that he wasn't visited (in order to make that claim)? He never claimed a tracker or watcher role. Our tracker is dead.

VTL head


If he was a watcher, wouldn't I have killed him? Unless he's in the mafia or cult and he's bulletproof and he's talking to the watcher. Something doesn't add up. VTL Headphonegut

I think he is trying to get the town to kill the vig (claiming that he wasn't visited) in a mislynch. Then, after a night kill, hoping that they would be far enough ahead to win.

Since Andro killed Itachi (unless there is some other explanation for Itachi's death), I buy Andro more than Head (who I've been suspicious of since DP2).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"