Naruto Mafia Endgame

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:42:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
WINNERS: TOWN

1. M.Torres (replaced by logic3) - You are Lady Tsunade, Fifth Hokage of Konoha Village and master of the medical arts. You are the doctor and can protect one player or yourself each NP. You win with the town.

2. bradshaw - You are Kiba Inazuka. Your incredibly powerful nose, coupled with that of your dog Akamaru, make you the ideal tracker. You may see who the targeted player visits during the NP. You win with the town.

3. tvellalot - You are PAIN. You force dead bodies to fight in your stead and are nearly impossible to kill. The first time you are killed or lynched, you will not die (they targeted a dead body, not the real you). Lynching you results in a no lynch, but you'll be vulnerable after that. You win with the mafia.

4. headphonegut - You are Orochimaru. Your job is to entice Sasuke to your side. If you successfully target Sasuke on two back-to-back night phases, you convert him to cult (you must first put your curse mark on him before convincing him to join you). You have used a transformation jutsu to hide yourself under the identity and appearance of Sakura Haruno and thus cannot be investigated guilty. You win with the cult.

5. Andromeda_Z - You are Deidara, Master of the Explosive Arts. You are the suicide bomber – at any time, including the DP, you may activate your power to kill yourself and one targeted player. (Remember, protective powers don't work during the DP). You win with the mafia.

6. socialpinko - You are Hinata Hyuga. You are a sensory ninja and possess the famed Byakugan, which allows you to see a player's chi. Each NP you may investigate a player's chi; if it turns up blue, the player is innocent; if it turns up black, the player is guilty. You win with the town.

7. OreEle - You are Guy Sensei. On NP2, you must select your squad members. In Konoha, squads consist of three people and one team leader, so select three other players to be in a PM with you on night phase 2. Choose wisely. You win with the town.

8. Nerdykiller - You are Chiyo, the Honored Grandmother. At any point in the game, you may sacrifice your life to bring another player back to life. You win with the town.

9. m93samman (replaced by badger) - You are Danzo. You like to stay in the shadows and carefully play the politics game. Although some of your actions appear very nefarious, you have the village's best interest at heart. You are the politician and win with the town. Each NP, select one person's vote to steal and use however you like.

10. logic_on_rails - You are Sasuke Uchiha. You possess the famed Sharingan. Your Sharingan allows you to perfectly copy someone else's ninjutsu, once you observe them using that ninjutsu. Each NP, select a player, and as long as that player has used their powers at least once, you copy all that player's active powers for that NP and may use those powers however you like (you cannot use your power NP1). Dead players' roles may be copied as well. You win with the town.

11. korashk - You are Konohamaru Sarutobi, an annoying little kid with no powers. Your story arcs should all be considered filler. You win with the town.

12. rogue (replaced by spinko2) - You are Jirayai, the Perverted Sage. If you successfully target Naruto during the NP, you teach him Rasengan, giving him vigilante powers. Without this skill, he does not have a technique damaging enough to actually kill someone. Select a player each night phase to target. You win with the town.

13. snipe - You are Zetsu, the Ninja Framer. When a player dies, you can quickly travel to that player's body and switch it with another. Each NP, I will inform you which players have died and you may choose to switch one body's identity with: "Itachi Uchiha - MAFIA. You possess the mighty Mangekyou Sharingan, which can confuse all of a player's senses and force them to do your bidding. If you target a player 3 times during consecutive NP's, you convert them to mafia." This message will appear next DP in place of that player's real character, alignment, and role. You may ninja frame people who are lynched, as alignments will not be announced at the end of the DP. You may use this power only once. Your role action is immune to trackers (you use camouflage), but killing someone is too high profile to hide. If you are successful in framing someone, your role will not be announced when you die. You win with the mafia.

14. innomen (replaced by logic2) - You are Uzumaki Naruto, the Gutsy Ninja. Initially, the village hates you but eventually comes to love you. For DP1 and 2, you are a hated townie (it takes one fewer votes to lynch you) but on DP3 and after you are a popular townie (it takes one more vote to lynch you). You win with the town.

MVP - logic_on_rails => figured most everything out; had the right suspicions; good call taking a life from tvellalot
LVP - badger => the failed cc of snipe allowed snipe to live a day longer and allowed snipe to successfully ninja frame him and allow andro to claim vig

andro also got lucky that bradshaw tracked her to the kill the same night badger was ninja framed.

Night Actions

NP1
Headphone (cult recruiter) – target LoR (Sasuke) – successful, night 1 of 2
M.Torres (doctor) – protect self
Bradshaw (tracker) – headphonegut (cult recruiter) – visits logic_on_rails
Spinko (cop) – nerdkiller – blue (innocent)
M93 (politician) – LoR votes for LoR
Rogue (mentor, needs to target inno) – spinko (Hinato)
Mafia NK rogue, Andro carries it out

NP2
Bradshaw follows M.Torres – visited OreEle
Headphone targets LoR and converts him to cult
Spinko investigated innomen – blue
LoR – copy bradshaw, track korashk – result: visited no one
M.Torres – protect OreEle
Mafia NK logic – carried out by andro
OreEle – recruits inno, nerdy, snipe

NP3
Socialpinko investigates badger – result blue
Andro kills badger
Badger is ninja framed
Bradshaw – andro visited badger
Headphone visited himself
Nerdykiller suicide revives rogue
M.Torres protects spinko
Badger – OreEle votes for OreEle

NP4

NP4
Headphone targets rogue
Spinko investigates rogue – result: blue
Bradshaw tracks tvellalot – visited no one
Andro kills spinko
M.Torres protects andro
Spinko2 targets korashk (fail to teach Rasengan)

NP5
Headphone targets andro
Bradshaw follows spinko
Spinko visits logic, giving him vig powers
M.Torres protects himself
Andro kills bradshaw

NP6
Logic on rails kills tvellalot (who loses one life)
M.Torres protects self
Andro kills logic

NP7
Andro kills merda
Logic3 protects himself
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:47:19 PM
The points of interest are badger's role and snipe's role, if you're skimming.

Also, for the record, I had to re-balance the game before starting it. But I did originally have a vig and Jiraiya's role, but the vig was Minato, the Yellow Flash, whose speed makes him the perfect assassin. I dunno why Shino would be vig.

But yeah, two town vigs and a potential town role copier was too un-balanced, even if I gave the mafia another member.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:48:50 PM
Lols interesting actions

performance reviews mod?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:49:47 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:47:19 PM, bluesteel wrote:
The points of interest are badger's role and snipe's role, if you're skimming.

Also, for the record, I had to re-balance the game before starting it. But I did originally have a vig and Jiraiya's role, but the vig was Minato, the Yellow Flash, whose speed makes him the perfect assassin. I dunno why Shino would be vig.

Neither do I. I just looked on wikipedia and saw something about destruction bugs in the description of Shino, so I fake claimed him.

But yeah, two town vigs and a potential town role copier was too un-balanced, even if I gave the mafia another member.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:50:21 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:47:35 PM, OreEle wrote:
Wow, the entire itachi thing was messed up.

I thought him being a (fake) recruiter would help the mafia, since mafia usually claims low profile roles that wouldn't be recruited, but it looks like it actually hurt them.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:54:27 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:50:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I thought him being a (fake) recruiter would help the mafia, since mafia usually claims low profile roles that wouldn't be recruited, but it looks like it actually hurt them.

Not really, it provided a solid claim for Andro until the very end, but the fact that the fake role had a "recruitment" feature in it still allowed for suspicion.

In the end, I think it was a great job (in both balance and modding skills in general).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:55:49 PM
Now people are gonna think I could be cult too That adds jester mafia and cult. Nobody is ever suspicious of andro We should make it our top priority
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 4:58:16 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:48:50 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Lols interesting actions

performance reviews mod?

You played well with your role actions and targeted logical people to fool the tracker later, but your role claim was pretty weak, given that there was a real doctor. In many games, you would have been immediately cc'ed, either by the doctor or by the politician who you claimed didn't exist b/c your role was responsible for logic's self-vote. You probably should have claimed hated townie, or something that might get you investigated, since you'd be confirmed innocent then.

bradshaw always chose logical targets.

spinko chose good targets as well - he even got an innocent on badger, which could have potentially told town that badger was framed, although it is an unforeseen role. Unfortunately, you guys convinced him he was a paranoid cop, and he wasted his last investigation on Jiraiya, who was already confirmed. Had he tested andro, the game would have gone quicker.

snipe's role claim was terrible, given that he knew there was a real politician. He almost didn't get to use his role at all.

tvellalot's claim made sense, although I dunno why he claimed to have gotten a one-shot investigation. All the roles were known so there was no one that could have given it to him. It made him look pretty suspicious.

andromeda took a big risk with vig, but it almost paid off. Had snipe not made such a bad claim though, she really should have suicide killed the reviver before they could do any damage.

This game was plagued by inactivity; sorry guys. It was probably unfair that I had to use logic twice as a replacement to keep things going, especially since he knew andromeda was lying about vig killing tvellalot.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:00:14 PM
OreEle did a good job with his role, recruiting one mafioso, and even lying to his recruits to try to get a mafioso to slip up, which he did. That was solid, and it forced snipe to claim relatively quickly.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:01:08 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:54:27 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/1/2011 4:50:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Not really, it provided a solid claim for Andro until the very end, but the fact that the fake role had a "recruitment" feature in it still allowed for suspicion.

In the end, I think it was a great job (in both balance and modding skills in general).

Thanks OreEle.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:06:21 PM
Yea this game was more fun relative to the others I've been in but that's only because my propensity to screw things up has gone way down and my obsession to have fun overcame my propensity to screw things up anyway awesome game very cool
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:07:04 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:55:49 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Now people are gonna think I could be cult too That adds jester mafia and cult. Nobody is ever suspicious of andro We should make it our top priority

They just lynched me, so they must have been suspicious of me. Go ahead and make that your top priority if you want, though.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:08:29 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:58:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Lols interesting actions

performance reviews mod?

You played well with your role actions and targeted logical people to fool the tracker later, but your role claim was pretty weak, given that there was a real doctor. In many games, you would have been immediately cc'ed, either by the doctor or by the politician who you claimed didn't exist b/c your role was responsible for logic's self-vote. You probably should have claimed hated townie, or something that might get you investigated, since you'd be confirmed innocent then.

bradshaw always chose logical targets.

spinko chose good targets as well - he even got an innocent on badger, which could have potentially told town that badger was framed, although it is an unforeseen role. Unfortunately, you guys convinced him he was a paranoid cop, and he wasted his last investigation on Jiraiya, who was already confirmed. Had he tested andro, the game would have gone quicker.

snipe's role claim was terrible, given that he knew there was a real politician. He almost didn't get to use his role at all.

tvellalot's claim made sense, although I dunno why he claimed to have gotten a one-shot investigation. All the roles were known so there was no one that could have given it to him. It made him look pretty suspicious.

andromeda took a big risk with vig, but it almost paid off. Had snipe not made such a bad claim though, she really should have suicide killed the reviver before they could do any damage.

This game was plagued by inactivity; sorry guys. It was probably unfair that I had to use logic twice as a replacement to keep things going, especially since he knew andromeda was lying about vig killing tvellalot.

Had M93 come out and said "no, I'm the politician, I made that person vote for themselve" this game would have been much more one sided. Since snipe wouldn't have anything that he could claim (after locking into Ino) and head would have been completely outted.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:11:31 PM
Oh I will andro I will I'm making it a rule of mine when in a game with andro vote for her first
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:35:10 PM
I'm fairly certain my inactivity lost the game for the mafia. I claimed a one-shot investigation role and could have easily explained it, but I just never had time. The whole idea was to put suspicion on one of the remaining town.

Bluesteel; the only thing i'm remotely annoyed about is that I wasn't explicitly informed that I had lost my first life. I honestly thought I still had it.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:39:24 PM
At 6/1/2011 5:35:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm fairly certain my inactivity lost the game for the mafia. I claimed a one-shot investigation role and could have easily explained it, but I just never had time. The whole idea was to put suspicion on one of the remaining town.

Bluesteel; the only thing i'm remotely annoyed about is that I wasn't explicitly informed that I had lost my first life. I honestly thought I still had it.

you were informed; snipe even commented on it
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:46:05 PM
At 6/1/2011 5:39:24 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 6/1/2011 5:35:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:

you were informed; snipe even commented on it

I know, but the way you wrote it, it was easy to miss among the massive mafia pm. Stuff like that should be bolded; jus' sayin'. o.O;
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 5:48:02 PM
Lol that was hitlers excuse lost track of the Jews they should've worn funny hats Those SOBs
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 6:00:41 PM
At 6/1/2011 5:48:02 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Lol that was hitlers excuse lost track of the Jews they should've worn funny hats Those SOBs

Oh my goodness, that was funny.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 6:03:41 PM
Was that sarcasm couldn't tell if it is lol
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 6:04:38 PM
At 6/1/2011 6:03:41 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Was that sarcasm couldn't tell if it is lol

No, it was legit. I even added it to my sig.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 6:08:44 PM
At 6/1/2011 5:11:31 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Oh I will andro I will I'm making it a rule of mine when in a game with andro vote for her first

I'll have to play in every game, then. No more bickering over RNG that way.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 6:10:49 PM
Yay also I wasnt kidding when I said lol it sounded so classical like something out of the 50s even if it was sarcasm i had already laughed and finally I got someone. To sig my post
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 10:31:06 PM
At 6/1/2011 10:22:01 PM, lovelife wrote:
Snipe had the most badass role ever

Sir thing or it you're not allowed to comment on this forum since you did no participate in this game :p jk lol
Snipe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2011 10:41:49 PM
At 6/1/2011 4:58:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I thought the votes were a result of head's "role".