Jump to topic:

MGI sign ups (Mafia Game Igniters)

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 10:24:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
before on this sight members have banned together to form small groups of people to take care of the sights problems, sometimes they have been to counter vote-bombing sometimes to cause it. sometimes they have been made to troll new members and other times ward off new trolls.

Our mafia games need a group to counter a problem they are experiencing, the inability to get out of the sign up stages.

It shall be the MGI (Mafia Game Igniter's) task to fill in all the remaining spots that we can in mafia game sign up when they are beginning to die in the sign ups.

committing to this group does not mean committing to every mafia game that is ever going on. I understand sometimes your life may require your time be spent else ware, like finishing debates, studying, work, campaigning for your congressman, ect....

but it does mean committing to being a mafia player for any game in sign ups when you can commit to playing a mafia game. even if you think the theme is dumb or the mod experienced, even if you think you know very little on the theme of the game and hold even less interest to learn more about such a boring theme.

If mafia games were a job then MGI is a temp-service agency and you who sign up will be the temp service agent.

Sign up on this thread will have the consequences of me sending you a PM when there are games in need of our help, were you will be able to clarify if you can be the hero to step up and get the game going, or if you are too busy to commit to a mafia game.

if you are newb trying to get into a mafia game but have met resistance to that because mods don't want to include newbs when there prone to inactivity or even pre-mature account deactivation, being in this group will have a double plus for you.
The games you are directed to by MGI will be ones that are dying in sign ups; as such the mods will be more likely to accept your participation against the better judgement.
if they still are resistant to letting you play, notify me and I will go to there dead sign up thread and argue a petitionary case for you that will sound something like this...

"yes he/she is a newb but its become apparent your game will never get of sign ups if you don't accept a few newbs here and there. besides they will probably get killed off early anyway because town often likes to lynch newbs day phase one or inactive (should my MGI newb turn out inactivate) in later day phases. should my MGI agent become a problem for you game because of the reasons newbs often are, by the time that's apparent there will likely be a dead active player to replace them with anyway if the MGI agent was not killed in the game themselves. the problem will work itself out."

all interested in playing probably a lot of mafia games please join me in igniting the ones having trouble starting. sign up now!
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 10:33:08 AM
also I'd like to use this group as way of ranking/evaluating mafia player skills if the game mods will help me out with this.

like after the games are over give me an evaluation of all my MGI agents, if they were inactive, badger-ish, really active, band-wagoner-ish, made tended to make short post, wrote a novel size post every time, were they mafia or town or other, did they show good strategy in leading town lynches, ect....

if this were done, I could keep record of a pretty cool mafia player ranking chart for all the frequent players (that are MGI) to look at. I would post a new one every time a game finishes, updating where you stand on the ranking chart.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 10:44:59 AM
At 6/10/2011 10:24:13 AM, Marauder wrote:
before on this sight members have banned together to form small groups of people to take care of the sights problems, sometimes they have been to counter vote-bombing sometimes to cause it. sometimes they have been made to troll new members and other times ward off new trolls.

Our mafia games need a group to counter a problem they are experiencing, the inability to get out of the sign up stages.

It shall be the MGI (Mafia Game Igniter's) task to fill in all the remaining spots that we can in mafia game sign up when they are beginning to die in the sign ups.

committing to this group does not mean committing to every mafia game that is ever going on. I understand sometimes your life may require your time be spent else ware, like finishing debates, studying, work, campaigning for your congressman, ect....

but it does mean committing to being a mafia player for any game in sign ups when you can commit to playing a mafia game. even if you think the theme is dumb or the mod experienced, even if you think you know very little on the theme of the game and hold even less interest to learn more about such a boring theme.

If mafia games were a job then MGI is a temp-service agency and you who sign up will be the temp service agent.

Sign up on this thread will have the consequences of me sending you a PM when there are games in need of our help, were you will be able to clarify if you can be the hero to step up and get the game going, or if you are too busy to commit to a mafia game.

if you are newb trying to get into a mafia game but have met resistance to that because mods don't want to include newbs when there prone to inactivity or even pre-mature account deactivation, being in this group will have a double plus for you.
The games you are directed to by MGI will be ones that are dying in sign ups; as such the mods will be more likely to accept your participation against the better judgement.
if they still are resistant to letting you play, notify me and I will go to there dead sign up thread and argue a petitionary case for you that will sound something like this...

"yes he/she is a newb but its become apparent your game will never get of sign ups if you don't accept a few newbs here and there. besides they will probably get killed off early anyway because town often likes to lynch newbs day phase one or inactive (should my MGI newb turn out inactivate) in later day phases. should my MGI agent become a problem for you game because of the reasons newbs often are, by the time that's apparent there will likely be a dead active player to replace them with anyway if the MGI agent was not killed in the game themselves. the problem will work itself out."

all interested in playing probably a lot of mafia games please join me in igniting the ones having trouble starting. sign up now!

But I like the idea of us killing the list and letting the market run the mafia games. I mean, what could possibly be better? Having a bunch of games trying to go at once is heaven! Even though most games now either don't get past the sign-ups, or die from in-activity of one form or another.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 10:57:26 AM
At 6/10/2011 10:44:59 AM, OreEle wrote:

But I like the idea of us killing the list and letting the market run the mafia games. I mean, what could possibly be better? Having a bunch of games trying to go at once is heaven! Even though most games now either don't get past the sign-ups, or die from in-activity of one form or another.

I sense your sarcasm.

We have the opposite problem of to many games at once, and thats no games getting started at all. the few that are going have mods that are not paying attention or some other reason for there inactivity.

multiple games going at once is really only a problem anyway if you have all the same players playing all said games.

but as mod of MGI if it can be done I will deploy the MGI agents spread around different games if it can be done. also I dont intend to provoke igniting games dead in sign ups unless current games going are kind of dead or close to over.

what list are we killing anyway, the mod list? that list is just for putting order to mafia games even starting in sign ups period. MGI will not affect that list as we are only signing up in games that have already gotten past the stage of being on the Mod list, posted sign ups, and then nearly died in sign ups (without our help)

I'm thinking a group like MGI will also help counter the inactivity when theirs an incentive to finish games and change your status on a mafia player ranking list too that someone is keeping track of.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:36:49 PM
so I have 2 people who have shown interest so far

Headphonegut
Medic0506

right now that's not of much use as head is already sign on for every game there is to sign on for and Medic really needs to go through askbobs game first before filling out the other games stuck in sign ups.

A Scout is Obedient.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:41:30 PM
At 6/10/2011 11:36:49 PM, Marauder wrote:
so I have 2 people who have shown interest so far

Headphonegut
Medic0506

right now that's not of much use as head is already sign on for every game there is to sign on for and Medic and Brainmaster needs to go through askbobs game first before filling out the other games stuck in sign ups.

added
Kfc.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 12:00:22 AM
Headphonegut
Medic0506
Brainmaster

A Scout is Obedient.