What is a mafia game - Round 5 - Signups

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:05:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello new members of this site.

So you've probably noticed "mafia" being thrown around the site but don't understand any of it and have avoided playing games for fear of looking stupid and losing.

Here's a basic explanation.

Mafia is a forum game.

It is started by a moderator, or a user who decides to start a game.

The moderator then conducts "signups" where people put there name onto a list. Then once all people have signed up, the moderator randomly assigns 1/3 (roughly) of the players onto the mafia team, and then the other 2/3 are signed onto the townie team. None of the teams are announced but are done individually through Private Messages or PMs.

There are two phases in mafia: The day phase and the night phase.

The townies do not know what team any other player is on. However the mafia know who is on their team and can communicate with them in one group private message set up by the moderator. The mafia can communicate in this PM throughout the entire game. Usually the mafia get to "kill" a player during the "night phase"

Basically the mafia decide as a whole who they want to remove from the game. Once they decide the "night phase" is over and the day phase begins. During the night phase no one may post in the forum.

During the day phase everyone can post in the forum. All players decide to "lynch" or kill one play during the day phase. This decided democratically via votes.

A majority of votes are needed to lynch a player. Once the player has been lynched he is removed from the game and the night phase begins.

Whoever survives at the end is the winner.

Some quick things to know:

1. The night phase is not done actually at "night" in real life. It just is a name for a part of the game where the mafia decide on who to remove from the game.

2. The day phase is not necessarily done during the "day" in real life. It is just a name for a part of he game where the mafia decide on who to remove from the game.

3. The mafia are unknown to the townies

4. Other townies are unknown to the townies.

5. The mafia know who the mafia are.

6. The mafia via process of eliminationo know who the townes are.

7. When the mafia decide to remove someone during the night phase it is known as a "night kill"

8. When all the players decide during the day phase to vote someone out of the game it is known as a "lynch"

9. Games last as long or as quickly as it takes for players to make decisions on their votes.

10. Votes can be changed until a majority is met.

11. Sometimes other powers are thrown in to mix things up however this is generally the theme.

I will be conduction an amateur mafia game in which only new players can play in. I will explain every part of the game. Essentially this is a training for new members who wish to try out mafia.

This is for any beginner who has not graduated in the previous set of beginner games. And 1 or 2 players who graduated but who only played 2 games last time.

Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:08:22 PM
At 6/10/2011 11:05:19 PM, askbob wrote:

So you've probably noticed "mafia" being thrown around the site but don't understand any of it and have avoided playing games for fear of looking stupid and losing.

Mafia is a forum game.

The moderator then conducts "signups" where people put there name onto a list. Then once all people have signed up, the moderator randomly assigns 1/3 (roughly) of the players onto the mafia team, and then the other 2/3 are signed onto the townie team. None of the teams are announced but are done individually through Private Messages or PMs.

The townies do not know what team any other player is on. However the mafia know who is on their team and can communicate with them in one group private message set up by the moderator. The mafia can communicate in this PM throughout the entire game. Usually the mafia get to "kill" a player during the "night phase"

Basically the mafia decide as a whole who they want to remove from the game. Once they decide the "night phase" is over and the day phase begins. During the night phase no one may post in the forum.

During the day phase everyone can post in the forum. All players decide to "lynch" or kill one play during the day phase. This decided democratically via votes.

A majority of votes are needed to lynch a player. Once the player has been lynched he is removed from the game and the night phase begins.

1. The night phase is not done actually at "night" in real life. It just is a name for a part of the game where the mafia decide on who to remove from the game.

2. The day phase is not necessarily done during the "day" in real life. It is just a name for a part of he game where the mafia decide on who to remove from the game.

7. When the mafia decide to remove someone during the night phase it is known as a "night kill"

8. When all the players decide during the day phase to vote someone out of the game it is known as a "lynch"

9. Games last as long or as quickly as it takes for players to make decisions on their votes.

11. Sometimes other powers are thrown in to mix things up however this is generally the theme.

I will be conduction an amateur mafia game in which only new players can play in. I will explain every part of the game. Essentially this is a training for new members who wish to try out mafia.

This is for any beginner who has not graduated in the previous set of beginner games. And 1 or 2 players who graduated but who only played 2 games last time.

1. BrainMaster

THANK YOU!
Kfc.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:30:02 PM
At 6/10/2011 11:08:22 PM, Brainmaster wrote:

Mafia is a forum game.

1. BrainMaster
2. Quarterexchange

I hope this is explained better, but sure I'll sign up.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:35:58 PM
At 6/10/2011 11:30:02 PM, quarterexchange wrote:

Mafia is a forum game.

1. BrainMaster
2. Quarterexchange
3. Medic0506

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2011 11:52:12 PM
At 6/10/2011 11:35:58 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 6/10/2011 11:30:02 PM, quarterexchange wrote:

Mafia is a forum game.

1. BrainMaster
2. Quarterexchange
3. Medic0506
4. Freeman

Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Waater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 12:01:32 AM

Mafia is a forum game.

1.BrainMaster
2.Quarterexchange
3.Medic0506
4.Freeman
5.Waater
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 12:17:33 AM
At 6/11/2011 12:01:32 AM, Waater wrote:

Mafia is a forum game.

1.BrainMaster
2.Quarterexchange
3.Medic0506
4.Freeman
5.Waater
6. Rockylightning
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 12:32:53 AM
1.BrainMaster
2.Quarterexchange
3.Medic0506
4.Freeman
5.Waater
6. Rockylightning
7. GMDebater

This game will start tommorow evening in order to give any latecomers a chance to signup
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos