Feudal Lords

Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 12:32:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Welcome to Feudal Lords!

Most country games eventually fall into the same rut. You are either powerless against older, more active nations, or you're so old and powerful that you can't attack anything without you winning before having much fun! Well not here!

Here, you make a country, choose your government, race, location, etc. Then, you advance. Start projects, build up a military, etc. etc. The catch? Things aren't perfect!

Now, you may be thinking "What does that mean?" but it's really quite simple. Most of the time, in civilization games, your projects only have a description, a funding usage, and a completion date. However, that doesn't seem realistic. To put it simply, this game adds problems. The fun is in counteracting those problems to keep your nation going strong!

Tired of being the weak nation? Afraid of starting a nation game because you'll never be able to catch up? This is another way this game is different. New players will start with technology equal to the average tech level of the other countries, and when an age is advanced, all countries will get the base technology of that age, just with no "bells and whistles," or customization. In that way, it pays to be the main advancer, but other players won't fall behind! If you are inactive, you will fall behind. Falling behind means missing crucial technology that you will have to earn by posting again.

Sound fun? Here are the rules:

1 Most anything goes!
2 DON'T GOD-MOD (say things are unbeatable, create an unrealistic number of things, etc.) Also known as overpowering.
3 DO NOT ADVANCE WITHOUT MY NOTICE!! You can't just say "oh, we're in the space age now" or whatever until I say we are.
4 When claiming land, the Age/Era will determine the size of your empire or kingdom. At the Start, only 1 preclaim, and 3 conquest claims. As time goes on, you may begin to expand.
5 Please keep Technology in the Age/Era Time. If you research something out of the Age/Era period, those items will be banned from your nation for 1 Era/Age.
6 All players must keep a current form of there lands they own, if only in their head.
7 Please update your land list daily so I may update the official land list
8 Please stay within limits of the Rules (start pop and troop count).
9 From here on out, if you create a new technology, you MUST POST WHAT IT IS, WHAT IT IS ABOUT, AND WHEN IT WILL BE COMPLETED. If you post a technology that is out of no where, you must recreate the technology from the very start.
10 No player, under any circumstance, may start, in or on Antarctica. Players who do so, players may not play in the game, participate in any events, or anything else, until they relocate.

• Ages: The Ages we will go through in the Game before reaching another

Stone Age
Bronze Age
Iron Age
Greek Era
Roman Era
Dark Ages
Medieval Times
The Crusades
Post-Black Death Era
Renaissance Age
Exploration Age I
Colonial Age
Revolutionary Age
Manifest Destiny Age
Civil War
Industrial Revolution
World War 1
Great Depression
World War 2
Cold War Era
-Space Race(Cold War)
-Atomic Era (Cold War)
Modern Age
Exploration Age II
Inter-Solar System Age
First Contact Period
Exo-Solar Age
Hyperspace Era
Galactic Age
END GAME

-----

~Current year~
3000 BC

__

Wanna play?
Getting Started!
If you new to these types of Games, this page is for you. Here you will find a way to start you new nation and how to run it. The Example below will tell you what to fill out on each of the lines.

So when you just start, you will post this Application.

~~~New country application~~~
Country Name: In this Area, you will post your Countries name.

Government type: <-- How your Government is Set up. Will it be a Kingdom/Monarchy Like France and Britain, Or will you be a Democracy like Greece and the US. Or will you be a Dictatorship like the Former Dictators of the World.

Starting Population (can't exceed 100,000): How many people you start with. This number increases over the game period.

Starting military (can't exceed 25,000): The Size of your Army, and Type.

First land claimed: The First Piece of land you wish to start with. This will expand in the Game Period. At the Beginning, only Europe is open, later, Asia and Africa, then the Americas and other land masses.

Other info: What ever fits what you want to say. It can be totally random!

Below is the Clean application, please use this one when making your nation.
Your DDO Name:
Country Name:
Government type:
Economy Type:
Race (Humans or others, others in same age):
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million):
Starting military (can't exceed 100,000):
• Army:
• Navy
Currency:
First land claimed:
Any past experience with nation games? if so, what game:
Please state rule 3 and 6. These are important rules:
Please List Technologies:
Other Information that is Useful:

__

Getting Started and running your nation

After you've set up the government and you nation. You have also staked your claim in the world. Good job! But now the real work starts. Out in the Game world, there are many other nations. Some of which hostile, or Peaceful. It's time to start working.

As seen in many other threads I've played. Some don't know where to start. There is a list below if you need help.

HELP LIST:
You can start by increasing your crops, this will allow for more food, then more people.

You can start by training an army if you don't have one.

You can research progress FOR THE TIME PERIOD! No Laser Gunships in 1860!

You can expand your capital, increasing living space and other factors.

You can also begin to harvest your raw materials and make them into something to sell.

You can also boost your education, health, and safety systems.

Train a Militia force for a defense force in your nation.

Ask players around. Ask for Trade Agreements and Map Information that will help you explore.

Be Friendly! No one loves someone who breaks the rule and is a total jerk to the others. Being nice will help you get through the game!

Do not go into the game with a war-path. Doing this is pretty much an auto restart. You will likely never win the war against an NPC on your first few days.

_____
Kfc.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2011 12:34:45 PM
WARS

Wars may become common in the later years. In war, you must either defend your nation, or attack another nation. Wars can ONLY BE STARTED if you want to gain more land, resources, or if the opposing player is attacking an ally. No Wars for unjust causes.

Wars end by either surrender, total occupation, destruction of the nation at war, capture of the 3 major capitals, or treaties made by others.

Victory can be assured in those ways, however, major battles in cities could play key roles in how your battles are fought. If you win a battle for a major position that completely assures path to claiming something, the enemy army will rout and you will face little resistance. However, if you win, but face horrible loses (Pyrrhic Victory), your army will be in shambles and you will have to spend time waiting for reinforcements to advance your position.

Defeat, can come in ways to. If you are winning small battles, be warned. A larger battle may come out of no where as in an ambush. This ambush could devastate your military force and shatter them. If you military is shattered, you can't fight back. Losing troops also means you military count suffers, troops that have past combat experience will likely fight to the death, new recruit, means that they will shatter more easily and be left to run. You win find that losing major battles will likely seal a war where it is, you losing or surrendering.

In War, You must wait for the responding Player to Post. If the Player is active and refrains from Posting (He posts one day and doesn't post without saying he doesn't have an excuse saying he'll be gone) The player that had war Declared on him must post with a certain number of days before the other player may begin his advance.

I have the final word in the posts of current wars. If you recently conquered lands, they may rebel.

I will also void wars if they cause way to much trouble.

__

For Claiming Land, Use this application.

Country Name:
Land That you Acquired:
How was this land Claimed/Taken?
For a Fictional Land, please explain in a short paragraph how this land looks. (Describe it):

>>NPC Nations<<
The Allied Kingdoms of Italy and France
The USA
Britain
Russia
Red Sea Protectorate
South Africa

Player nations are based on Activity. If you post a lot, your playing the game. Remember, you can't claim any land with a post- natives will fight back!

__

Problems!

You can't just run a nation and have everything run perfectly. These problems will simulate the real life problems. You may suffer riots, anarchy, weather problems, economic downturn or recessions. Any problem that will happen, has happened, or will happen can and will happen here.

PROBLEMS:

• Recently conquered lands will likely hate you. If you go to war, be warned. They will riot, and possibly rebel. If these rebellions grow, they will turn to revolutions for independence. If they declare independence, you have a few wars on you hands. Don't let this happen.

Subject to change.

__

•End Game Era and the Restart: What it means and what happens•

End game is the time period of where the galaxy is threatened by unknown event that brings the downfall of all civilizations. This event always is different, but the outcome is the same, player civilizations are destined to fall and intelligent life in the galaxy is wiped out. End game can be a a massive intergalactic invasion fleet that kills all life, or the systematic extermination of life bearing planets by various aliens, or the rise of AI which bring with them the keys to all technological ways of life. In any event, all cases are impossible to stop, and sooner or later, the civilizations of the galaxy fall.

End game will begin with hints during the Hyperspace Era, the age where player nations may find a system of hyperspace networks, interlinking the galaxy, ruins of civilizations once known recently, a loss of contact of alien colony worlds or other anomalies. End Game fully starts once the Galactic Age begins and most Alien species begin falling, hard. In the coming years, they fall faster, taking other civilizations with them, and then, human civilizations fall.

After End Game, the game fully restarts. The restart isn't the continuation of humanity in the Galaxy. Its simply a new start, everything that occurred in the last session of the game doesn't come back in the new session. Every session is different also, don't expect the same events to occur again (some End Game events may occur more than once).

During the restart, game-play comes to a stop, and new ideas are put forth. This is the time where players begin to set up for the next session by preparing to have their nomadic tribes settle down in the province that they desire to start in. When the restart ends, the next game play session begins, and the session will be different every time. Survive one endgame event, another will come.

The Next Session of FL will likely begin in August/September 2011.
Kfc.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:42:03 PM
too long 2 read
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:50:00 PM
At 6/12/2011 11:42:03 PM, phantom wrote:
too long 2 read

simple version:

you build a nation and get into fights and sh!t, just find the application and fill it out for the love of god
Kfc.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:53:42 PM
At 6/12/2011 11:50:00 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
too long 2 read

simple version:

you build a nation and get into fights and sh!t, just find the application and fill it out for the love of god

Too simple to consider
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 11:54:35 PM
At 6/12/2011 11:53:42 PM, phantom wrote:
At 6/12/2011 11:50:00 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
too long 2 read

simple version:

Too simple to consider

You build a nation, fight with other players, do battle with NPC nations, run an economy and build f*cking tanks.
Kfc.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:32:41 AM
I give to everyone the free food, shelter, and healthcare to which they are entitled for being so great as to be born within my borders.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:33:19 AM
At 6/13/2011 12:32:41 AM, wjmelements wrote:
I give to everyone the free food, shelter, and healthcare to which they are entitled for being so great as to be born within my borders.

You have to fill out the f*cking application, dipsh!t.
Kfc.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:40:19 AM
*Application filled*

I declare myself ruler of the world.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:41:26 AM
Your DDO Name:
Country Name:
Government type:
Economy Type:
Race (Humans or others, others in same age):
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million):
Starting military (can't exceed 100,000):
• Army:
• Navy
Currency:
First land claimed:
Any past experience with nation games? if so, what game:
Please state rules 2, 3, 5 and 6. These are important rules:
Please List Technologies:
Other Information that is Useful:
Kfc.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:54:54 AM
At 6/13/2011 12:41:26 AM, Brainmaster wrote:
Your DDO Name: >>phantom
Country Name:>> phantom land
Government type: >>exploiting the commoners!
Economy Type: >> non existant
Race (Humans or others, others in same age): >>phantoms :p
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million):>> just me. jk 10 mil
Starting military (can't exceed 100,000): 100,000
• Army: >> should I say something here?
• Navy ^^
Currency: >> phantom euros with pictures of me on either side of the bill
First land claimed: ???
Any past experience with nation games? if so, what game: >> risk
Please state rules 2, 3, 5 and 6. These are important rules: >> What are rules 2, 3, 5 and 6??
Please List Technologies: >> ?? I thought this was medieval........
Other Information that is Useful: >> I've got herpes
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:01:49 AM
Let me fix your app.

At 6/13/2011 12:54:54 AM, phantom wrote:
Country Name:>> Phantom Land
Government type: >> Dictatorship
Economy Type: >> Agricultural
Race (Humans or others, others in same age): >> Humans, only they exist ATM
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million):>> 10,000,000
• Army: >> How much of your military is army?
• Navy ^^
First land claimed: Put a country in Europe that is not Russia here
Please state rules 2, 3, 5 and 6. These are important rules: >> Read the rules, dipshit
Please List Technologies: >> Stone and fire

If it seems tl;dr, tell me and I will recreate the thread shorter.
Other Information that is Useful: >> I've got herpes
Kfc.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:05:31 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:01:49 AM, Brainmaster wrote:

Wrong thread.

I think u meant to post that here. http://www.debate.org...
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:06:14 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:05:31 AM, phantom wrote:

Wrong thread.

?
Kfc.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:11:54 AM
Your DDO Name: quarterexchange
Country Name: Quarterland
Government type: Dictatorship
Economy Type: Free Market Capitalism
Race (Humans or others, others in same age): Humans
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million): 5,000,00,
• Army: 75,000
• Navy: 25,000
Currency: Quarters, only Quarters, with a capital Q
First land claimed: United States
Any past experience with nation games? if so, what game: I loved Empire Earth
Please state rules 2, 3, 5 and 6. These are important rules: ????
Please List Technologies: Blaster Rifles, Death Star, and Teleportation
Other Information that is Useful: None
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:12:30 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:11:54 AM, quarterexchange wrote:
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million): 5,000,000

fixed
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:14:42 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:12:30 AM, quarterexchange wrote:

fixed

You start in the stone age with basic tools dipsh!t. Read rule 2 and 5 again. If necessary I will create a new thread where idiots like you can hopefully comprehend.
Kfc.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:17:08 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:06:14 AM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:05:31 AM, phantom wrote:

Wrong thread.

?

what does tl;dr, mean? dictionary.com doesn't have a definition.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:19:44 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:14:42 AM, Brainmaster wrote:

fixed

You start in the stone age with basic tools dipsh!t. Read rule 2 and 5 again. If necessary I will create a new thread where idiots like you can hopefully comprehend.

Then why did you ask us to list? Whatever, I understand the rules.

Anyway can we enforce a draft or a conscription?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:20:15 AM
Let me fix your app.

At 6/13/2011 12:54:54 AM, phantom wrote:
Country Name:>> Phantom Land
Government type: >> Dictatorship.
Ok
Economy Type: >> Agricultural.
OK
Race (Humans or others, others in same age): >> Humans, only they exist ATM
than whats the point of asking deuche bag?
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million):>> 10,000,000
• Army: >> How much of your military is army?
• Navy ^^
do the math
First land claimed: Put a country in Europe that is not Russia here.
England
Please state rules 2, 3, 5 and 6. These are important rules: >> Read the rules, dipshit.
Ninnyhammer
Please List Technologies: >> Stone and fire
ok

Milksop
Other Information that is Useful: >>

I've got herpes
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:23:37 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:19:44 AM, quarterexchange wrote:
First land claimed: China

fixed

quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:30:26 AM
Okay here is my final application.

Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million): 10,000,000
First land claimed: Germany
Please state rules 2, 3, 5 and 6. These are important rules: I understand them.
Please List Technologies: Basic
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 3:52:07 AM
Your DDO Name: Thaddeus the temporarily bearded
Country Name: Scotland
Government type: None - basically I am the embodiment of the free market in my nation. I guess I fell in some in radioactive waste, and shizzle happened. Note I don't control the free market per se, but rather have perfect knowledge of it and am one with it. To a heathen this may seem like I am controlling it, but that would be bloody stupid.
Economy Type: Free market
Starting Population (can't exceed 10 Million): 10 million and one
Starting military (can't exceed 100,000): (The military is all comprised of various PMCs who are perfectly willing to fight for other countries if the price is right)
• Army: 20,000
• Navy 75,000
Currency: Various private currencies. The main one is linked to gold, and is called Cosmic Pennies in honour of the guy who pushed the now embodiment of the free market into the vat of toxis waste
First land claimed: Scotland
Please List Technologies: Irrigation, husbandry, minting, mining, markets, basic weapons like stone hatchets and wooden shields, forestry, art of silly walks (ministry of such is a work in production), fire, ship building, basic navigation via stars, cartography, written word, use of bark to write on (veto if you think bark can't be used to write on, I know I'm not going to get papyrus in Scotland, and paper made from wood pulp is definately out reach atm), basic stone tools (like sharp rocks for cutting, heavy rocks for bashing), hunting, philosophy, fishing and numeracy

Other Information that is Useful: There aren't any wizards in scotland. We have one guy claiming to be a warlock but he's always been a bit funny. Lads in the south are the most protective of their property, and employ the PMCs mostly. The naval PMCs also tend to own areas of sea (all sea within 30 miles of the coast is privately owned) for fishing whilst not engaging in warfare. Occasionally some of the lads up north get a bit bothered with some in the south and they have a bit of a kerfuffle, with the PMCs getting involved. There's rarely much bloodshed (One or two every decade) and it is normally settled via drinking contest.

Start by opening trade relations with Quarter. Greater demand for PMCs means recruitment increases (20,000 more army, 30,000 more navy). A small group of PMCs start competing to provide a far more expensive, but more elite group of soldiers. They train their employees to provide such a service.
Innovation with fire and ore means that an emerging market of providing smelting services and blacksmithing is being looked into by some clever clogs in Glasgow.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 7:42:46 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:19:44 AM, quarterexchange wrote:

fixed

Yeah. But it's only slightly effective and will require a long operation to do this early, and I really don't recommend wars so early.
Kfc.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 7:43:49 AM
At 6/13/2011 1:30:26 AM, quarterexchange wrote:

People, this is how to do an application. Except you can't really have a free market yet.
Kfc.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 7:51:21 AM
At 6/13/2011 7:43:49 AM, Brainmaster wrote:

People, this is how to do an application. Except you can't really have a free market yet.

Firstly why not? There is no technological requirements for it. Secondly, unless he never does anything as a dictator, he cannot have a free market. Thirdly I thought extra detail was helpful.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 7:56:46 AM
At 6/13/2011 7:51:21 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 6/13/2011 7:43:49 AM, Brainmaster wrote:

Firstly why not? There are no technological requirements for it. Secondly, unless he never does anything as a dictator, he cannot have a free market. Thirdly I thought extra detail was helpful.