Jump to topic:

Salem Witch Trials DP 1

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 12:57:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The year is 1692 and the forces of Satan have been taking hold in the village of Salem. All witches must be sorted out from among us before our humble people are consumed by darkness. But be careful; paranoia might just make things get out of hand.

So what makes this game set-apart, as to appeal to the story-line? Well, as you can guess, it's about hysteria taking things out of hand. Usually in a mafia game, the game will end if all the mafia(witches) are killed and it would result in a townie victory. Even though the townies do need to kill all the witches in this game in-order to win, it will not result in the game immediately ending. This game will continue for 4 day phases. And I will not reveal if someone is a mafia after they have been lynched. This means that the townies may have killed off all the mafia at anytime during the game but still end up killing their own people anyway. If all the witches in the game are gone, I will take their place and randomly kill off one person each night phase with a case of "disease" as to make it look like witches are still active. Townies are not able to tell the difference between disease and works of the devil. *chuckle*

Just so lynching people isn't completely useless, I will give results if the person lynched was a third party or a townie who had a role. Most townies in this game do not have roles.

If at least one witch survives by the end of the 4th day phase OR more than half of non-witch players have died by the end of the 4th day phase, it is a witch victory.

It takes a majority vote to lynch. All votes to lynch must be in bold. A "no lynch" is obviously an option.

You may not send any other players in this game any messages concerning this game unless I organized it.

Role PMs have been sent out. Begin the witch-hunt.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 1:09:22 AM
At 6/12/2011 12:58:26 AM, Brainmaster wrote:
What if the witches burn all the townies with their powers?

I assume they would win, if they're the only ones left.

VTL CCstate
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 1:19:40 AM
These are the players, by the way.

1. Andromeda_Z
2. Logic_on-rails
3. rogue
4. Brainmaster
5.headphonegut
6. ccstate4peat
7. Koopin
8.Nerdykilller
9. lovelife
10. Merda
11. Marauder
12. innomen
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 3:03:46 AM
Wow, the rules make this look like a very tough assignment. First key observation - we only have roles, not characters. Is this true for everyone else?

Also, Freedo, what about night kills - do we get the deceased's affiliation? And if yes, is that only in the case of those who would be revealed in the DP?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 3:37:09 AM
At 6/12/2011 3:03:46 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Wow, the rules make this look like a very tough assignment. First key observation - we only have roles, not characters. Is this true for everyone else?

You should ask questions regarding your role PMs in your role PMs.

Also, Freedo, what about night kills - do we get the deceased's affiliation? And if yes, is that only in the case of those who would be revealed in the DP?

I don't understand the question.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 12:17:45 PM
VTL brainmaster

I went to random.org to and got brianmaster
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 2:40:45 PM
At 6/12/2011 2:09:30 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/12/2011 1:58:53 PM, innomen wrote:
VTL Brain

I invoke the idiotic Zets rule. I miss him.

VTL Innomen

Come on Brain, we just want to know a little bit about you.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 5:51:56 PM
At 6/12/2011 3:37:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/12/2011 3:03:46 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

You should ask questions regarding your role PMs in your role PMs.

I'm allowed to ask other townies I believe, plus, making public observations generally is a good thing.

I don't understand the question.

Basically, some day kills don't reveal information (roleless townies, Mafia) . What about night kills - do the same rules apply?

Also, target amateurs:

VTL Brainmaster
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 8:52:07 PM
At 6/12/2011 8:22:27 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
VTL headphonegut for no reason

Let me tell you something - claim. You've got 4 votes on you. If you don't claim, you'll be lynched, plain and simple. People pressure others for information. Obviously, pressure is ineffectual unless it's backed up. Note that a lot of players target inexperienced players for claims.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 8:57:26 PM
Andro don't think I've forgotten about our contract I'm onto you
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 8:58:50 PM
At 6/12/2011 8:52:07 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Let me tell you something - claim. You've got 4 votes on you. If you don't claim, you'll be lynched, plain and simple. People pressure others for information. Obviously, pressure is ineffectual unless it's backed up. Note that a lot of players target inexperienced players for claims.

What's a claim
Kfc.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 9:02:18 PM
They want your role what it is you do at night as an action. And you'll notice I said they because I want you to be lynched
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 9:04:03 PM
At 6/12/2011 8:58:50 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/12/2011 8:52:07 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

What's a claim

Claim a side, claim a character, claim a role. Usually there aren't role claims this early in the game.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 9:06:04 PM
At 6/12/2011 9:02:18 PM, headphonegut wrote:
They want your role what it is you do at night as an action. And you'll notice I said they because I want you to be lynched

We don't get any information when he's lynched, I'd like him to tell us as much as possible before then.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 9:18:46 PM
At 6/12/2011 9:16:36 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/12/2011 9:16:06 PM, nerdykiller wrote:
Brain tells us a hint of who u are?

nothing good :I

Do you mean you're a witch, or that you don't have a role?
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 9:20:05 PM
At 6/12/2011 9:18:46 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/12/2011 9:16:36 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/12/2011 9:16:06 PM, nerdykiller wrote:
Brain tells us a hint of who u are?

nothing good :I

Do you mean you're a witch, or that you don't have a role?

this statement is false
Kfc.