Jump to topic:

POLITICS, The Game

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 3:51:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I attempted to start something like this before but I made the game WAY too complicated and no one wanted to play. This is the new and improved version. It is a political simulation game.

Where the other game was based on a bunch of different numbers and things for each person to keep track of, this one is based on imagination and my arbitration as Fate, similar to the "Hangover" games Rocky started.

The game will start with a representative democracy government with a central bank and low government-limitations. However, it is possible for this to change later. According to the constitution, a president is elected for a term of 1 week plus however long the next election takes. The elected president starts the game with the power to issue taxation, establish spending programs, control the money supply, prohibit certain behavior, declare constitutional assemblies, and detain or kill individuals. If a constitutional assembly is declared, each player may choose to propose a constitutional amendment that everyone will vote on. A majority will decide if it is passed, this is one way the form of government can change. It can also change through revolution, which I will leave to your imaginations.

Everyone who plays will be given an economic status by me, Fate, when they join. I will tell you how much property you have, what kind of and how much resources your property has and how much money you have.

I will wait tell ten people are signed up and after they have elected a president before I start the game. Anyone may join the game at anytime, simply post in bold "I wish to join the game" and, once I will reply to your post with your economic status, you may begin playing. It is possible, however, for the president to limit immigration.

To participate in the economy you can sell different resources you have, buy other resources, sell your labor, set up businesses, etc. Use your imagination and try to act as you would in the real world, buy things you would want.

There is another way to get what you want besides participating in the economy though. Send me a PM telling me if you want to steal from someone or do some other crime to them. Based on the factors at hand, I will tell you if you were successful and whether or not you were caught.

Notice! If you don't get a hold of food and water, I may declare you dead. Likewise, other actions or lack there of may have me declare you ill, which has no actual consequence but is a bad thing you're truly getting into the game.

Natural disasters are also a possibility.

It should be real fun so sign-up!

Players:
0. FREEDO (Fate)
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2011 8:13:33 AM
Sign me up. This seems fun.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 11:57:03 PM
Comment: I would like to play this game. It seems like a very enjoyable interactive learning experience.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 1:39:25 AM
So, what exactly are we supposed to do? I know thats a really vague question, but I dont really see what the objective is or how players actions affect each other.
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 2:28:13 AM
At 7/1/2011 1:30:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Players:
0. FREEDO (Fate)
1. Tim
2. Andro
3. Tiel
4. Minuteman
5. Tudaloo
6. Grape

I will play.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:56:32 PM
At 7/1/2011 1:39:25 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
So, what exactly are we supposed to do? I know thats a really vague question, but I dont really see what the objective is or how players actions affect each other.

The game itself is ruled vaguely for the sake of more realness. The goal is to act like you would in real life and see what happens. It's for the sake of simulation.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:59:41 PM
By the way, for political purposes, the sooner you sign-up the more likely you are to start off wealthy.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 4:01:40 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:59:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
By the way, for political purposes, the sooner you sign-up the more likely you are to start off wealthy.

Damn, looks like it's lower middle class for me.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 4:05:44 PM
At 7/1/2011 4:01:40 PM, Grape wrote:
At 7/1/2011 3:59:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Damn, looks like it's lower middle class for me.

Not at all. These are just the first 10 people. Anyone can sign-up at any time, unless there are anti-immigration laws.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:56:07 PM
On second thought, this game is a lot more fun if I'm dictator.

Discordia is a dictatorship of me.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:57:04 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:56:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
On second thought, this game is a lot more fun if I'm dictator.

Discordia is a dictatorship of me.

LOL, I posted in the wrong thread. This is meant for SRWs game!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 3:34:35 PM
C'mon! Just two more for now and we will start! First ten people are guaranteed not to start off poor!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 4:18:35 PM
i'll play! ..whatever it is.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!