Jump to topic:

Salem Witch Trials ENDGAME

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 3:03:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, here we are my Salem villages. Were there mafia or weren't there? Lets take a look. Here are the role PMs I sent out.

Andromeda_Z
You are a peasent. You have no role.

Logic_on-rails
You are a minister. Every night phase you may choose someone to investigate.
(Note not in PM: This minister is an insane cop. All results turn up guilty.)

rogue

Brainmaster

headphonegut

OreEle

Koopin

Nerdykilller

lovelife
You are a mentally-ill peasant. You win by getting lynched by the town.

Merda

Marauder
You are a minister. Every night phase you may choose someone to investigate.
(Note not in PM: This minister is an insane cop. All results turn up guilty.)

innomen
You are a mentally-ill peasant. You win by getting lynched by the town.

Yes, it is true and you figured it out. It really wasn't that hard to. There were no mafia. However, here's what was interesting: Even after figuring out the twist, you continued to lynch people. I mean why not, right? You had nothing to lose. And that's the way I made it. Merciless paranoia. Why not kill off a few more people...you know...just to make sure! And so you did. Ten game started with 12 townies and ended with 7. Great goddamn job you did there. It's a townie win...if that's what you want to make of it. Although, both Jesters achieved their goal so maybe the game should be given to them.

I didn't expect getting lynched myself. Nice twist. Simply not lynching people would have sufficed though.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 4:07:19 PM
Rather lame...

How the heck did Lovelife predict Innomen was another 'needs to be killed' townie? And, it so just happens that our cops happened to investigate those who needed to be killed... (that's right, I investigated Lovelife NP 2) .

Also, without a mod there should have been no DP 4. There was no night kill, because the mod was dead!

Freedo, you shouldn't have killed me - me and Marauder would have kept producing crazy results.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:24:38 PM
Fvck you Freedo.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:28:48 PM
At 6/29/2011 4:07:19 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Rather lame...

How the heck did Lovelife predict Innomen was another 'needs to be killed' townie? And, it so just happens that our cops happened to investigate those who needed to be killed... (that's right, I investigated Lovelife NP 2) .

Those were indeed some crazy coincidences. I was laugingmyassoff.

Also, without a mod there should have been no DP 4. There was no night kill, because the mod was dead!

Freedo, you shouldn't have killed me - me and Marauder would have kept producing crazy results.

Too obvious.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:57:13 PM
At 6/29/2011 3:03:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Yes, it is true and you figured it out. It really wasn't that hard to. There were no mafia. However, here's what was interesting: Even after figuring out the twist, you continued to lynch people. I mean why not, right? You had nothing to lose. And that's the way I made it. Merciless paranoia. Why not kill off a few more people...you know...just to make sure! And so you did. Ten game started with 12 townies and ended with 7. Great goddamn job you did there. It's a townie win...if that's what you want to make of it. Although, both Jesters achieved their goal so maybe the game should be given to them.

I liked your idea of no mafia. We figured out that you were messing with our heads, but we somehow went along with it.

I didn't expect getting lynched myself. Nice twist. Simply not lynching people would have sufficed though.

It would have sufficed, sure, but that's not as fun as lynching the mod.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 5:59:56 PM
At 6/29/2011 5:57:13 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

It demonstrates how there was still a craving for blood, even with no reason to.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 7:25:08 PM
I knew about this months ago. I loved when you guys lynched the mod. 10/10.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2011 9:55:25 PM
At 6/29/2011 5:59:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It demonstrates how there was still a craving for blood, even with no reason to.

It demonstrates nothing of the sort. its how any mafia game works, the town is compelled to lynch people everyday, (except for the first) even without the conditions you put on it.

all in all this game sucked, and was a total waist of time. even if the towns had done everything absolutely wrong there was no scenario in which they could lose. adding the lynch from every phase to the night kills that's only 8 possible people to be dead by night phase 4. that leaves at least 2 towns at the end of the game no matter what happened.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 3:35:27 PM
At 6/29/2011 9:55:25 PM, Marauder wrote:

It demonstrates nothing of the sort. its how any mafia game works, the town is compelled to lynch people everyday, (except for the first) even without the conditions you put on it.

all in all this game sucked, and was a total waist of time. even if the towns had done everything absolutely wrong there was no scenario in which they could lose. adding the lynch from every phase to the night kills that's only 8 possible people to be dead by night phase 4. that leaves at least 2 towns at the end of the game no matter what happened.

You're completely missing it. This mafia game was a lot like modern art.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 1:26:07 AM
At 6/30/2011 3:35:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/29/2011 9:55:25 PM, Marauder wrote:

You're completely missing it. This mafia game was a lot like modern art.

your art sucks
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 1:29:03 AM
At 7/1/2011 1:21:58 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
This is a great life lesson people.

Definitely.

Vote no lynch

I learned something more along the lines of "Don't get bloodthirsty and paranoid at the same time", but that's good advice, too.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 2:02:21 AM
In normal mafia games its logical to get blood thirsty (equating that with determined to lynch someone). with the exception of the first day phase its not in the advantage of the town to not lynch, or cases where the phase is going nowhere and needs to end.

most games the game will end in like 6 phases, towns got just 5 chances to kill maifa for the most part through there only controllable weapon, the lynch vote. even a blind lynch is got 3-4/12-14th chance of hitting mafia. a no lynch is got a 100% chance of not getting rid of mafia.

A Scout is Obedient.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 2:12:38 AM
At 7/1/2011 2:02:21 AM, Marauder wrote:
In normal mafia games its logical to get blood thirsty (equating that with determined to lynch someone). with the exception of the first day phase its not in the advantage of the town to not lynch, or cases where the phase is going nowhere and needs to end.

We knew this wasn't a normal mafia game, though. We lynched people anyway.

most games the game will end in like 6 phases, towns got just 5 chances to kill maifa for the most part through there only controllable weapon, the lynch vote. even a blind lynch is got 3-4/12-14th chance of hitting mafia. a no lynch is got a 100% chance of not getting rid of mafia.

It's also a 100% chance of not killing town, which is why it's an option for the first and maybe second DPs, before we have a good idea who to lynch.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 2:33:45 AM
At 7/1/2011 2:12:38 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 7/1/2011 2:02:21 AM, Marauder wrote:

We knew this wasn't a normal mafia game, though. We lynched people anyway.

you stipulated that you 'learned something' from this nonsense of a game. the bloodthirsty lesson would not apply to other other mafia games, and for that matter it did not actually apply to this one. we lynched a person every phase, and we still won. we could have never killed enough people to make us lose the game and we could have never not lynched enough to make the game end sooner.

most games the game will end in like 6 phases, towns got just 5 chances to kill mafia for the most part through there only controllable weapon, the lynch vote. even a blind lynch is got 3-4/12-14th chance of hitting mafia. a no lynch is got a 100% chance of not getting rid of mafia.

It's also a 100% chance of not killing town, which is why it's an option for the first and maybe second DPs, before we have a good idea who to lynch.

a town dies regardless because of the mafia kill. 100% chance of that happening. procrastination of our offensive does help the town get rid of mafia, the object to the game. its not that big a deal in chess when you lose some pieces, and its not that significant a loss in mafia.

A Scout is Obedient.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 4:31:58 AM
Also maurader, the lesson is about real life;
I wouldn't so much say that the lesson is to be less blood thirsty, but rather don't assume rules and create paradigm on how you should behave based on weak empirical observations.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:54:00 PM
At 7/1/2011 4:31:58 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Also maurader, the lesson is about real life;
I wouldn't so much say that the lesson is to be less blood thirsty, but rather don't assume rules and create paradigm on how you should behave based on weak empirical observations.

Yes. Even more specifically, don't assume that from me.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 4:02:07 PM
I find it so funny that both the Jesters got investigated by insane cops in the first round. That is terrible luck.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 5:02:13 PM
At 7/1/2011 4:02:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I find it so funny that both the Jesters got investigated by insane cops in the first round. That is terrible luck.

Yes... And then we would have basically 'confirmed' our being right by getting the same results. It's extremely rare to have 2 (!) insane cops.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 5:40:19 PM
I didn't enjoy this game but it was fun
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?