Jump to topic:

What movie am I?

Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 8:56:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here's an idea I came up with a couple of days ago, time to put it into practice. Here, you describe the events of a movie as if you were the main character, and let others guess on what movie you are in. Let's say if you want to describe Aladdin, you say "When I was in prison, I met this guy who took me to a cavern where I found a magic lamp. I used the lamp to summon a genie, who managed to take me home and make me into a prince in order to impress a chick I met before going to jail." Anyway, if you guess it right, it's your turn...

I work as an engineer or something. One day, two thugs break into my house and kill my wife and child. I'm told that the proof against my wife and child's murder is insufficient, and it won't be enough to send him to prison. My lawyer makes a deal with the criminals, in order to make himself look good. Ten years later, I carry out my revenge.

If it's too hard for you, here's a small hint. It's an early 2009 movie.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 8:58:35 PM
At 6/30/2011 8:56:07 PM, Minuteman wrote:
Here's an idea I came up with a couple of days ago, time to put it into practice. Here, you describe the events of a movie as if you were the main character, and let others guess on what movie you are in. Let's say if you want to describe Aladdin, you say "When I was in prison, I met this guy who took me to a cavern where I found a magic lamp. I used the lamp to summon a genie, who managed to take me home and make me into a prince in order to impress a chick I met before going to jail." Anyway, if you guess it right, it's your turn...

I work as an engineer or something. One day, two thugs break into my house and kill my wife and child. I'm told that the proof against my wife and child's murder is insufficient, and it won't be enough to send him to prison. My lawyer makes a deal with the criminals, in order to make himself look good. Ten years later, I carry out my revenge.

Sounds like something with Jason Statham.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 8:59:48 PM
At 6/30/2011 8:58:35 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
At 6/30/2011 8:56:07 PM, Minuteman wrote:

Sounds like something with Jason Statham.

Nope. Anyone else?
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:08:51 PM
The main character, played by pretty much the coolest actor ever, plays a detective who has a grudge against technology due to a traumatic childhood experience. Think 2003 or 2004.
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:09:48 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:08:51 PM, Denote wrote:
The main character, played by pretty much the coolest actor ever, plays a detective who has a grudge against technology due to a traumatic childhood experience. Think 2003 or 2004.

Gah. Don't know.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:15:04 PM

I, Robot.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:16:36 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:15:04 PM, Puck wrote:

I, Robot.

Good job. I knew I could get away with that without any other details. :) Your turn, I believe.
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:25:00 PM
I was home-schooled by my parents while we all lived in tight quarters in Amsterdam with another family and a bachelor I very much disliked. I was taught to be neither seen nor heard. I was not allowed to go out, and took solace in a book of memoirs I was writing and the company of a boy I was in love with. I can only hope that the fighting will end soon.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:26:51 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:25:00 PM, Minuteman wrote:
I was home-schooled by my parents while we all lived in tight quarters in Amsterdam with another family and a bachelor I very much disliked. I was taught to be neither seen nor heard. I was not allowed to go out, and took solace in a book of memoirs I was writing and the company of a boy I was in love with. I can only hope that the fighting will end soon.

Amelie
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:27:20 PM

Oh come on lol
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:27:25 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:26:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Amelie
No, that's not right...
Hmmmm...

Muh threads
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:27:42 PM

Amelie

nope
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:28:30 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:27:42 PM, Minuteman wrote:

Amelie

nope

Mean Girls?
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:28:55 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:28:30 PM, Denote wrote:
At 6/30/2011 9:27:42 PM, Minuteman wrote:

Amelie

nope

Mean Girls?

Nopers
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:28:59 PM
It's not the Diary of Anne Frank? o.O;

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:31:20 PM
Mwahaha, I'm going to do something hella obscure.... Give me a few minutes to ponder.

Muh threads
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:31:46 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:31:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Mwahaha, I'm going to do something hella obscure.... Give me a few minutes to ponder.

Challenge accepted.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:36:02 PM
I just came to town to have a bath and a shave; I end up killing three guys and raping some stupid woman within 10 minutes.

Muh threads
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:36:43 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:36:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I just came to town to have a bath and a shave; I end up killing three guys and raping some stupid woman within 10 minutes.

The punisher.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:36:56 PM
At 6/30/2011 9:36:43 PM, Minuteman wrote:
At 6/30/2011 9:36:02 PM, tvellalott wrote:

The punisher.

Nope.

Muh threads
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2011 9:37:03 PM

Brokeback Mountain.