Jump to topic:

Post Apocalypse: Registration

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 12:26:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This game takes place after the collapse of every world government, a few World Wars, and a economic collapse. You are to take control of an area and claim it to be your new empire [I will supply you an map of potential areas, and please don't try to only go by previous landmass divisions, be original]. You can rule it any way you wish. I shall be the moderator of this thread game and any questions you may have [as well as any tactical moves you may make], you must run across me first.

These are the requirements to register:

Empires Name:
Government Type:
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer:
Landmass [ http://www.worldatlas.com... ]:
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]:
Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]:
Brief Synopsis Of Your Nations History And Current State:

Also, you may post any extra things you would like me to add and/or change.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:14:24 PM
At 7/2/2011 1:06:58 PM, Minuteman wrote:

http://i186.photobucket.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:18:25 PM
At 7/2/2011 1:12:42 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
You stole this from feudal lords...

I took OreEle's base format, so what? And last time I check you are supposed to be dead you zombie!
Minister Of Trolling
:
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 3:29:55 PM
Empires Name: One Republic
Government Type: Republic
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Copper
Landmass [ http://www.worldatlas.com...... ]: Oregon
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]: 65,000
Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]: 1,000
Brief Synopsis Of Your Nations History And Current State: We were fvcked over in World War 5.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 4:23:07 PM
Empires Name: Freedomland
Government Type: Minarchy, Representative Democracy
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Coccaine
Landmass [ http://www.worldatlas.com......... ]: Mexico, Texas
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]: 75,000
Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]: 10,000
Brief Synopsis Of Your Nations History And Current State: We were founded by the great prophet Mouhammed's great great great great granddaughter in 1976.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 4:42:47 PM
Empires Name: Discordia
Government Type: None
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Gift-Economy
Landmass: Whatever new western coastline there is of North America after global warming.
Population: 95,555
Military Numbers: None
Discordianism, Surrealism, humor and empathy all run deep in the culture.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 4:45:10 PM
At 7/2/2011 4:42:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Landmass: Whatever new western coastline there is of North America after global warming.

Nobody is really a discordian. You realize that was a religion invented as a joke right?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 5:06:06 PM
At 7/2/2011 4:42:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Verified. http://img199.imageshack.us... You are yellow.
Minister Of Trolling
:
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 5:57:02 PM
Empires Name: People's Republic of Quarters
Government Type: Dictatorship
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Capitalism
Landmass: Someplace with a coastline in the Eastern U.S.
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]:100,000
Military Numbers : 5,000
Brief Synopsis Of Your Nation's History And Current State:

We're the ones who accidently started the apocolypse.
Velveeta flavored candy bars seemed like a good idea at the time.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 6:12:39 PM
At 7/2/2011 5:57:02 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Empires Name: People's Republic of Quarters
Government Type: Dictatorship
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Capitalism
Landmass: Someplace with a coastline in the Eastern U.S.
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]:100,000
Military Numbers : 5,000
Brief Synopsis Of Your Nation's History And Current State:

We're the ones who accidently started the apocolypse.
Velveeta flavored candy bars seemed like a good idea at the time.

LOL Verified. http://img812.imageshack.us... You are green.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 6:26:21 PM
At 7/2/2011 4:23:07 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Empires Name: Libertas Terram
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Capitalism, no official currency
Landmass [ http://www.worldatlas.com......... ]: Maine
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]: 100,000
Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]: 8,000
Brief Synopsis Of Your Nations History And Current State: We were founded by the great prophet Mouhammed's great great great great granddaughter in 1976.

Changed slightly.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 6:50:30 PM
At 7/2/2011 3:29:55 PM, Minuteman wrote:
Empires Name: One Republic
Government Type: Republic
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Copper
Landmass [ http://www.worldatlas.com...... ]: Oregon
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]: 65,000
Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]: 1,000
Brief Synopsis Of Your Nations History And Current State: We were fvcked over in World War 5.

Verified, You will be Red.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 6:52:48 PM
At 7/2/2011 6:26:21 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
At 7/2/2011 4:23:07 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Empires Name: Libertas Terram
Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Capitalism, no official currency
Landmass [ http://www.worldatlas.com......... ]: Maine
Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]: 100,000
Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]: 8,000

Changed slightly.

Verified, You will be Brown.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 6:58:14 PM
Newest Map [Imageshack isn't working right]: http://www.debate.org...
Minister Of Trolling
:
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 6:59:32 PM
Empires Name: Nütopia

Government Type: Decentralized minarchy; there are many local governments generally consisting of a police department and a tribunal, but much of law enforcement is still privatized. "National government" is more a web of communication and informal organization, leaving individual localities to self-organize and coordinate with other localities.

Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Free-market; free currency (gold dominant)

Landmass: Most of central Kentucky with pieces of Indiana and Tennessee, and a
bit of Virginia.

Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]: approx. 65,000

Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]: About 7,500 total can be mobilized upon a national conference (as the army is composed of smaller local militias, but nearly all citizens have some kind of training.

Brief Synopsis Of Your Nations History And Current State: Sh*t wasn't really good during the wars. Massive looting, bombs dropping everywhere, economies crumbling. With the US Army deploying almost every available soldier, military compounds began to be overrun and plundered for arms as civil war began breaking out. Places like the White House, Cheyenne Mountain, and the Pentagon went quickly; however, a sizable group of survivors in Kentucky were able to take the poorly-staffed Fort Knox without too much a fight, especially given weakening interstate borders and the committing of forces to rebellions breaking out in other areas of the country.

After setting up shop, the rest is sort of history. People flocked to centers of safety and started to rebuild and expand. The base served as a center of organization and administration for natural leaders emerging among the group, and allowed significant territorial and economic expansion (making ample use of the fort's gold reserves as a currency), though other local currencies and bartering systems have emerged as families and refugees continued to flock (which required construction of more cities and production centers, further fueling growth). Eventually, raids by bandits and competing territories stimulated the need for defense, prompting former US military officials to establish training centers for willing individuals (which meant basically everyone, given the relative weakness of local governments and the deep climate of uncertainty and fear in the years following the breakdown). Though border cities continued to come under dispute for some time, the increasing frequency of local insurgencies acted as an effective disincentive to belligerents.

With territory mostly secured and economic growth steady, the way for social stability was basically paved. Recently, things have been relatively quiet, and many communities in Nütopia (so named as a symbol of optimism over a new society built from the rubble of the old world) have recently considered trying to explore the new world and possibly open trade relations with other societies as they're discovered.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:08:50 PM
At 7/2/2011 6:59:32 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Empires Name: Nütopia

Government Type: Decentralized minarchy; there are many local governments generally consisting of a police department and a tribunal, but much of law enforcement is still privatized. "National government" is more a web of communication and informal organization, leaving individual localities to self-organize and coordinate with other localities.

Currency Type/Mode Of Economic Transfer: Free-market; free currency (gold dominant)

Landmass: Most of central Kentucky with pieces of Indiana and Tennessee, and a
bit of Virginia.

Population [be reasonable, keep it in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and lower]: approx. 65,000

Military Numbers [this I leave completely up to you, you can make your entire population if you so wish]: About 7,500 total can be mobilized upon a national conference (as the army is composed of smaller local militias, but nearly all citizens have some kind of training.

Brief Synopsis Of Your Nations History And Current State: Sh*t wasn't really good during the wars. Massive looting, bombs dropping everywhere, economies crumbling. With the US Army deploying almost every available soldier, military compounds began to be overrun and plundered for arms as civil war began breaking out. Places like the White House, Cheyenne Mountain, and the Pentagon went quickly; however, a sizable group of survivors in Kentucky were able to take the poorly-staffed Fort Knox without too much a fight, especially given weakening interstate borders and the committing of forces to rebellions breaking out in other areas of the country.

After setting up shop, the rest is sort of history. People flocked to centers of safety and started to rebuild and expand. The base served as a center of organization and administration for natural leaders emerging among the group, and allowed significant territorial and economic expansion (making ample use of the fort's gold reserves as a currency), though other local currencies and bartering systems have emerged as families and refugees continued to flock (which required construction of more cities and production centers, further fueling growth). Eventually, raids by bandits and competing territories stimulated the need for defense, prompting former US military officials to establish training centers for willing individuals (which meant basically everyone, given the relative weakness of local governments and the deep climate of uncertainty and fear in the years following the breakdown). Though border cities continued to come under dispute for some time, the increasing frequency of local insurgencies acted as an effective disincentive to belligerents.

With territory mostly secured and economic growth steady, the way for social stability was basically paved. Recently, things have been relatively quiet, and many communities in Nütopia (so named as a symbol of optimism over a new society built from the rubble of the old world) have recently considered trying to explore the new world and possibly open trade relations with other societies as they're discovered.

Verified, you are blue [but I had to make some modifications to your territory size]. http://www.debate.org...
Minister Of Trolling
:
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:29:47 PM
I'm just curious, how big is the map? Does it just include the Western Hemisphere or the entire globe?
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:34:50 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:13:15 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
http://www.istockphoto.com...

So I take it that you like your current setup?
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:38:28 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:29:47 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm just curious, how big is the map? Does it just include the Western Hemisphere or the entire globe?

Right now it will only be North and Central America alongside the Caribbean Islands, if the game progresses well I will allow use of the entire Western Hemisphere and from there the rest of the globe. Also, the game will officially start at 9:00 but this does not mean it will be too late to register.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:44:05 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:42:28 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/2/2011 7:34:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I'm fine with that, yeah.

Good!

Starts at 9:00 people!
Minister Of Trolling
:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:48:34 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:44:05 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Good!

What starts? What do we do? Just say our peoples' business?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:48:36 PM

Good!

Eastern!

Also, you may bring a flag.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:51:35 PM
That fvcking sucks. I wont be online until Monday morning at the earliest.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:52:10 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:48:34 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Good!

What starts? What do we do? Just say our peoples' business?

This Game Thread will officially start in 7 minutes, you start off doing whatever you want to do, you can host trade and other such diplomatic negotiations, make new technical facilities [oil wells,weapons manufacture yards, etc]. You can do whatever you wish, this is an civilization game!
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:53:03 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:51:35 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
That fvcking sucks. I wont be online until Monday morning at the earliest.

Well, you better hope everyone else has something else to do on Sunday!
Minister Of Trolling
: