Jump to topic:

New mafia game

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 7:35:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We need to get a new mafia game going. Since askbob got banned, someone experienced should take over modding games for beginners so we get new players.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 3:12:08 AM
That's a really good point Medic. I'll get working on making something happen. I will say that i think it's best for mafia if we don't have 3 or more games going at once; actually i think a break from mafia, or at least a more moderated dosage is better for the interest of mafia. People can get sick of playing if they play too much.

MBS - Mafia Burnout Syndrom.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 10:29:48 AM
feverish's game is going on and there's way too much inactivity. There should definitely not be another game until that one is finished.

Or, alternatively, no one should be able to sign up for a new one unless they've already signed up for feverish's.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 11:49:03 PM
At 7/11/2011 3:16:24 PM, Pozzo wrote:
Could someone explain to me what a mafia game is, how it's played, etc.? Sorry, I just have no idea. Thanks.

I just sent you a message that explains the basics.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 9:42:51 PM
At 7/11/2011 10:29:48 AM, LeafRod wrote:
feverish's game is going on and there's way too much inactivity. There should definitely not be another game until that one is finished.

Or, alternatively, no one should be able to sign up for a new one unless they've already signed up for feverish's.

what about if you have signed up for fevrishes, played in it, and died in it and would not be able to get back in as replacement since you were of course mafia.

I think I have totally solid grounds for moving on to a new mafia game.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 10:21:42 PM
At 7/12/2011 9:42:51 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 7/11/2011 10:29:48 AM, LeafRod wrote:

what about if you have signed up for fevrishes, played in it, and died in it and would not be able to get back in as replacement since you were of course mafia.

I think I have totally solid grounds for moving on to a new mafia game.

Same thing for me, as I was cult and if I came back I would be known to be cult or that the cult was all dead, either way giving away information.

I think that the best idea for Mafia at the moment is to try and form 'elite' games. Now, that sounds bad, so let me clarify. Elite simply means active players chosen by a mod. Effectively, one of the core problems is inactivity. Perhaps mods should say, make a game with x no. of roles intending certain members to fill those roles. Upon these members deciding whether or not to play, then the mod could choose to open the game to the rest of the members.

I don't normally suggest such methods, yet something needs to be done to put a spark into some games.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 10:22:40 PM
i think short games are way more fun
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?