Jump to topic:

POLITICS, v3

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:41:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok, here is my third attempt. If this doesn't work I will trash it.

The first game failed because it had too many rules. The second tried to fix that but ended up over-compensating and nobody could really get into the game. This one will try to find a sweet spot in the middle.

There are 5 things to keep track of about yourself and 5 things only. Necessity points, luxury points, money points, happiness points and your business(if you have one). There is also the election system like before and the game will take place in rounds this time. I will send out a PM each time there's a new round, hopefully that will stir activity.

Rounds
-During 1 round you may make 5 transactions.
-Rounds, as I will explain, affect other aspects of the game.
-1 round ends when everyone has made their transaction choices and I post "Round X has begun".
-If someone is inactive for 1 round I will accept that they have made no transactions, if they are inactive for 2 rounds I modkill them and destroy their property.

Happiness Points:
-HPs are essentially your goal in the game(whether maximizing your own HPs or if you decide your goal is everyone's).
-HPs rise and fall depending on necessity points and luxury points.
-HPs will also go down 1 every 1 round you work for someone's business.
-You start out with 10 HPs.
-If your HPs drop to zero your character will commit suicide.

Necessity Points:
-NPs start out at 10 during the beginning of the game.
-You buy NPs from businesses that sell them.
-If your NPs fall below 10 you will lose that many HPs.
-NPs drops 1 every 1 round.
-If NPs reach 0 you will die.

Luxury Points:
-LPs start out at 0 at the beginning of the game.
-You buy LPs from business that sell them.
-You gain 1 HP for every LP you have.
-If you lose an LP you will lose the HP you gained before.
-LPs drop 1 every 1 round.

Money Points
-The amount of MPs you start out with vary by players.
-MPs are used to buy LPs and NPs.

Businesses
-Some players will start out with businesses that sell NPs, some LPs, some construction companies that build more business or enlarge old ones.
-Each business has a limit to how much of it's product it can produce during 1 round.
-Each business will only be able to produce as much of its product equal to as many workers as it has working there during 1 round.

Crime
-During any 1 round a player can choose to steal 1 LP or 1 NP from another. Just tell me in a PM who you would like it to be.
-Criminals may be caught. The more police the government has the more likely they are to be caught.
-When a criminal is caught they will be will not be allowed any transactions for 5 rounds and the amount they stole will be returned. Their NP will be fixed to 10 during their jail time.

The Government
-Every 10 rounds there will be an election held for president.
-The president will have the ability to do anything with anyone's LPs, NPs, MPs or Businesses that they choose.
-The president may also create new MPs or destroy them.
-The government needs to hire police officers in order to catch criminals. The odds of catching them increases with hiring more police officers. Hiring 1 police office will result in a 1 in 2 chance of the criminal getting away. Odds for the criminal will be cut by 1 for every additional police officer(2 police = 1 in 3 chance, 3 police = 1 in 4 chance, etc).

SIGN-UPS

I'm going to fairly conclude that I can put everyone from the last game, which stopped half-way, on this list(except the ones that left or announced that they will), unless they wish to take it off.

1. Andro
2. Tiel
3. Tudaloo
4. Thaddeus
5. darkkermit
6. innomen
7. el-badgero

Anyone else can join the game at any time. Just post "I join" in bold and I will send you your start-off economic status.

Now, everything I have written here is all there is to the game. It really shouldn't be complicated, especially since I will help you keep track of your points. The structure should give good incentive for continuous gameplay. Join--it should be fun. By the way, Thaddeus is going to start off as the president since he was elected in the last game and has yet to do anything. Sending out PMs now.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 2:37:39 PM
At 7/12/2011 7:34:44 AM, innomen wrote:
I assume that Thaddeus is our president?

To those who are interested, i have one NP to sell this round.

I'm interested. How much are you selling it for?
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 2:39:09 PM

Reply: Sounds good. How do I start a business? I want to start a construction company. How much will it cost me?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 2:43:01 PM
At 7/12/2011 2:37:39 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

3 MP's but i am open to barter.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 2:47:30 PM
At 7/12/2011 2:43:01 PM, innomen wrote:
At 7/12/2011 2:37:39 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

3 MP's but i am open to barter.

2 MPs?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:18:33 PM

You have to hire 1 person in order to produce it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:20:44 PM
At 7/12/2011 2:39:09 PM, Tiel wrote:

Reply: Sounds good. How do I start a business? I want to start a construction company. How much will it cost me?

There are currently no construction companies. I will add one when we have more players. There needs to already be one in order to make more.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:24:55 PM
At 7/12/2011 3:18:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Must I pay in MP's, can i pay my worker in an NP?

Either way it would look like i need an employee. Any takers?
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:30:33 PM
Tiel's Statistics

HP - 10

NP - 10

MP - 20

LP - 0
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:34:24 PM
At 7/12/2011 3:24:55 PM, innomen wrote:
At 7/12/2011 3:18:33 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Must I pay in MP's, can i pay my worker in an NP?

Yes, if they agree to that.

Either way it would look like i need an employee. Any takers?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:39:49 PM
JOB POSTING

Are you tired of not having enough MPs? Would you like to work in an environment that helps people? Are you frustrated with feeling that you don't make a difference in the world?

If you answered yes to any of these questions....

Then we are looking for YOU!

Job includes... short hours, flexible schedule, friendly NP production environment, paid holidays, and 2 weeks paid vacation each year!

Compensation: 1 MP per round.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:45:11 PM
I'm hiring too. I need a worker (I can pay in MPs or NPs) and policemen. We will be operating under a voluntary tax system to pay the police. Anyone who wishes to have receive the benefits of the police may pay 3 MP per round.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:45:37 PM
At 7/12/2011 3:39:49 PM, Tiel wrote:
JOB POSTING

Are you tired of not having enough MPs? Would you like to work in an environment that helps people? Are you frustrated with feeling that you don't make a difference in the world?

Job includes... short hours, flexible schedule, friendly NP production environment, paid holidays, and 2 weeks paid vacation each year!

Tiel, you don't have a business. You can't hire. You're in the working class, sorry.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:54:10 PM
If everyone could PM their wealth and assets, it will assist in coming to a fair value for the voluntary tax.
Also, Tiel, would you be interested in working as a rozzer? You will need a warrant if you want to blow someones head off, but you will get a share of whatever is paid as tax.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 3:57:09 PM
At 7/12/2011 3:54:10 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
If everyone could PM their wealth and assets, it will assist in coming to a fair value for the voluntary tax.
Also, Tiel, would you be interested in working as a rozzer? You will need a warrant if you want to blow someones head off, but you will get a share of whatever is paid as tax.

And please include me in any PMs you send out to each other concerning the game.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:04:34 PM
At 7/12/2011 3:45:11 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'm hiring too. I need a worker (I can pay in MPs or NPs) and policemen. We will be operating under a voluntary tax system to pay the police. Anyone who wishes to have receive the benefits of the police may pay 3 MP per round.

I'm looking for work. How much would I be paid?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:12:47 PM
At 7/12/2011 4:09:18 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
That depends on how many people want protection.

Makes sense. If you want to hire me, I'll take the job.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:17:42 PM
At 7/12/2011 3:45:37 PM, FREEDO wrote:
JOB POSTING

Tiel, you don't have a business. You can't hire. You're in the working class, sorry.

Reply: Says who? I have MP don't I? How can I not start a business when I have points to pay people to work for me? What kind of a dictatorship are you running here? I was not aware of this dictatorship and I rebel against it.

I won't be a part of this dictatorship. I am leaving your nation in the next round.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:31:48 PM
At 7/12/2011 4:17:42 PM, Tiel wrote:
JOB POSTING

Reply: Says who? I have MP don't I? How can I not start a business when I have points to pay people to work for me? What kind of a dictatorship are you running here? I was not aware of this dictatorship and I rebel against it.

I won't be a part of this dictatorship. I am leaving your nation in the next round.

Lol, tiel. Read how the game works.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 5:09:12 PM
How does one acquire arms, and who might be interested in a violent over throw of this tyrrant that's looking to over tax us and take away our freedoms?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 5:11:02 PM
At 7/12/2011 5:09:12 PM, innomen wrote:
How does one acquire arms, and who might be interested in a violent over throw of this tyrrant that's looking to over tax us and take away our freedoms?

LOL, no revolution in this game. Unless it was really creative.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 5:34:11 PM
i preferred it the old way.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 5:37:09 PM
At 7/12/2011 4:31:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
JOB POSTING

Reply: I did, and you forbid me to be anything but a worker. Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

Opinion: A business can be started by there being a demand and those that can supply the demand. I have MP to pay a worker which in turn can produce an NP or LP, how do I need anything else?

Suggestion: Maybe you should list available start up business costs in your dictatorship and what those businesses are.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 12:46:16 AM
At 7/12/2011 5:37:09 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 7/12/2011 4:31:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
JOB POSTING

Reply: I did, and you forbid me to be anything but a worker. Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

Opinion: A business can be started by there being a demand and those that can supply the demand. I have MP to pay a worker which in turn can produce an NP or LP, how do I need anything else?

Suggestion: Maybe you should list available start up business costs in your dictatorship and what those businesses are.

It's a Capitalist economy so yes it is going to restrict your options. You can't just produce NP and LP, you need a business to do so. You need to buy a business from a construction company to have one. There is currently no construction company in the game because we hardly have any players. When more players are in the game I will add construction companies. When they have been added you may buy from them at a price they set to create a business. Until then, you need to find a job from someone who has a business. If you aren't satisfied with your job you can go on strike or something. The game is realistic. I'm not controlling anything outside of what chance would take care of.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord