Jump to topic:

The Room

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 3:22:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I know that people were craving a fate-style game in my politics game and it didn't happen so here is a different that I think will fit much better with that type of game.

The scenario:
6 people have been selected by a company for the opportunity to take a job that they would all do anything for(I don't specify the job, it isn't important).
They will be placed in a small room where they are tested for this job.
I will reveal the details during the actual game.

How to play:
This is a game with very loose rules. I lay out the scenario. You say what you do. I tell you the consequences. That is all.

I need six players who will be active.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 2:50:17 PM
At 7/20/2011 2:24:10 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
1. BlackVoid the dark, sinister and empty
2. Andro the shining star (which I can tell you from experience is a lot brighter when you are flying near it in a spaceship. Wear sunglasses or you'll probably get a headache and that might ruin your day somewhat)
3. Thaddeus the charming and rugged sky-pirate and detective in his spare time. Very manly fellow.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 3:18:48 PM
At 7/20/2011 2:50:17 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
2. Andro the shining star (which I can tell you from experience is a lot brighter when you are flying near it in a spaceship. Wear sunglasses or you'll probably get a headache and that might ruin your day somewhat)
3. Thaddeus the charming and rugged sky-pirate and detective in his spare time. Very manly fellow.
4. badger the what thaddeus said. minus his name... and the "the" i suppose what with my already having one.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 3:41:48 PM
At 7/20/2011 3:18:48 PM, el-badgero wrote:
4. badger the what thaddeus said. minus his name... and the "the" i suppose what with my already having one.
5. Christian the rugged, loving womanizer who can succesfully charm men or women into sexual activity beyond their unimaginable belief.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 3:59:10 PM
At 7/20/2011 3:41:48 PM, ChristianM wrote:
At 7/20/2011 3:18:48 PM, el-badgero wrote:
5. Christian the rugged, loving womanizer who can succesfully charm men or women into sexual activity beyond their unimaginable belief.
6. Todd, the guy you never really notice, you know, the one who stands in the corner and creepily looks at other people.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:03:48 PM
That should be a new meme here. Anytime you sign up for something, you do that. 1000 internetz to thad.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:10:13 PM
At 7/20/2011 5:03:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
That should be a new meme here. Anytime you sign up for something, you do that. 1000 internetz to thad.

By trying to make it a meme, you've doomed it from ever becoming a real meme.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:35:33 PM
At 7/20/2011 5:17:10 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Yeah, but Milhouse is not a meme is a meme...

According to "Know your memes," I'm suppose to "call a combo breaker to end the mindless de ja vu."

http://knowyourmeme.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 6:05:42 PM
THE GAME BEGINS

[All six of you enter through a white hallway which leads to a small metallic room with 6 desks and chairs with letters on them(positioned left to right to back in alphabetical order) that correspond to each contestant (BlackVoid=A, Andro=B, Thad=C, Badger=D, ChristianM=E, freedom=F). Each chair has a piece of paper on it that is facing down and a pencil next to it. A guard is standing at attention next to the door and a tall man in a suit is waiting in the room in front of all the desks. The man says, in his deep voice,
"Welcome, I am Number Five, please sit at your assigned seats. You have been selected for a rare privilege of competing for a very high value job in our company. This is where you will be tested. We will be watching from behind this glass wall. Now, listen to everything I say very closely. There are only two things you must do to obtain the job. You must have the answer to your question submitted when the clock runs out and you must not break any of the rules. If you break any of the rules you will be thrown out of the room. Other than the rules I put forth, there is no law in this room.
Here are the rules.
1. You may not leave the room for any purpose until you have been dismissed.
2. You may not defile your paper.
3. You may not attempt to communicate with myself or the guard until the clock as reached it's end.
Does anyone have any questions?"

[A few second of silence]

"Then I shall begin the clock."

[Man starts clock. It shows 30:00. Man leaves the room. Everyone sits still for a moment and the turns over their papers. When you look at the papers, you see, "Question 1:" and nothing else.]

Begin playing.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 10:10:41 PM
I can't use my pencil on the paper (that would "defile" it), so I'll have to write on the desk instead. Not now, though. Right now I'm going to hold my paper up to a light, to see if it has a watermark.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 10:19:58 PM
At 7/20/2011 10:10:41 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I can't use my pencil on the paper (that would "defile" it), so I'll have to write on the desk instead. Not now, though. Right now I'm going to hold my paper up to a light, to see if it has a watermark.

[With the paper up to the lights that are on the ceiling you do not see anything]
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 2:05:50 AM
At 7/21/2011 12:08:40 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
I am going to turn off the lights briefly to see if there is any florescent coding on the papers or the walls.

[You don't find any light switched in the room]
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 2:06:14 AM
At 7/21/2011 2:05:50 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/21/2011 12:08:40 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
I am going to turn off the lights briefly to see if there is any florescent coding on the papers or the walls.

[You don't find any light switched in the room]

switches*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 2:31:47 AM
At 7/21/2011 2:06:35 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
I write something down on the paper.

[The guard moves from his position, grabs Thaddeus and removes him from the room]
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 2:33:14 AM
At 7/21/2011 2:14:36 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
I am going to look under all the desks and see if I find anything.

This feels like a Saw movie.

[You find six matches]
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 8:30:55 AM
At 7/21/2011 2:31:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:

[The guard moves from his position, grabs Thaddeus and removes him from the room]

I always objected to that part of the film. Writing on the paper isn't defiling it, if the answer is correct (and considering they were being super-literal - they can't justifiably describe it as defiling the paper). Especially considering the stated goals of the CEO.
I would have hoped you would have had more sense. Oh well.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 8:37:28 AM
At 7/21/2011 8:30:55 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/21/2011 2:31:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I always objected to that part of the film. Writing on the paper isn't defiling it, if the answer is correct (and considering they were being super-literal - they can't justifiably describe it as defiling the paper). Especially considering the stated goals of the CEO.
I would have hoped you would have had more sense. Oh well.

Obviously the person who wrote why they should get the job was not answering correctly, but I was.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 8:55:45 AM
The question is... what happened to Thad?

[the guard comes in and gives everyone some food. Fresh meat that tastes oddly strange, kind of like pork... long pork]

jking.
sorry for interupting.