Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Wu Tang v Beatles mafia DP9

feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 1:24:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Profuse apologies for the obscene delay.

Living players:

1. Andro Z
2. Alex
3. el-badgero!
4. Medic0506
5. Lasagna (Rob1billion)
6. LeafRod V2

Deceased players:

1. Koopin (Ringo, mafia) killed NP1
2. LeafRod (Method Man, clan) killed NP1
3. wjmelements (Paul, mafia) lynched DP2
4. Danielle (Ghostface, clan) killed NP2
5. Darkkermit (Capadonna, clan) killed NP2
6. Headphonegut (Shyheim, clan) lynched DP3
7. Logic_On_Rails killed NP3 (Tom Carauna, cult) killed NP3
8. Quarterexchange (Poppa Wu, clan) killed NP3
9. Marauder (Yoko, mafia) killed NP3
10. nonentity (Brian Epstein, mafia) lynched DP4
11. innomen (John Lennon, mafia) killed NP4
12. Thaddeus (Mark Chapman, third party) killed NP4
13. Headphonegut V2 (Buddha Monk, clan) lynched DP5
14. Mongeese (Inspectah Deck, recruited to cult) killed NP5
15. Nags (Masta Killa, clan) lynched DP6
16. Danielle V2 replaced ccstate (Gza, clan, recruited to cult) killed NP6
17. nerdykiller (George Harrison, mafia) lynched DP7
18. Darkkermit V2 (Stuart Sutclffe, mafia) killed NP7
19. Thaddeus V2 (Pete Best, mafia) lynched DP8

Nobody died in the night.

4 votes needed to lynch.
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 8:14:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Grabbed this from DP7:

ROLE CLAIMED:
el-badgero - ol' dirty bastard, one-shot bulletproof

CHARACTER CLAIMED:
Andro Z - 4th Disciple, ???
Alex - RZA, ???
Lasagna - Killah Priest, ???
LeafRod V2 - Dreddy Kruger, ???
medic0506 - Raekwon, ???

I guess Alex has been tvellalott for a while now.

Anyway I'd say vote Andro Z, I don't really know what 4th Disciple is and it seems less tangible than the rest of us.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 8:27:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 8:14:54 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Anyway I'd say vote Andro Z, I don't really know what 4th Disciple is and it seems less tangible than the rest of us.

I'm the apprentice, I get Alex's role if he dies. What makes a character less tangible?
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 8:35:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
ROLE CLAIMED:
el-badgero - ol' dirty bastard, one-shot bulletproof
Andro Z - 4th Disciple, apprentice

CHARACTER CLAIMED:
Alex - RZA, ???
Lasagna - Killah Priest, ???
LeafRod V2 - Dreddy Kruger, ???
medic0506 - Raekwon, ???
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 9:53:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 9:42:36 PM, Lasagna wrote:
So there aren't many of us left... does this keep going until every last mafioso is lynched?

The cult needs to be lynched as well, and it can also end when the town is outnumbered.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:02:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So what's the strategy from here? We are all character claimed... I'd rather not role claim if it's not necessary unless it comes down to it, but if I have to I will.
Rob
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:04:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 10:02:26 PM, Lasagna wrote:
So what's the strategy from here? We are all character claimed... I'd rather not role claim if it's not necessary unless it comes down to it, but if I have to I will.

Now we pressure those who we think have suspicious character claims for their roles, or we lynch someone.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 10:35:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 10:04:41 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 7/27/2011 10:02:26 PM, Lasagna wrote:
So what's the strategy from here? We are all character claimed... I'd rather not role claim if it's not necessary unless it comes down to it, but if I have to I will.

Now we pressure those who we think have suspicious character claims for their roles, or we lynch someone.

You guys have been in the game longer than me, who's suspicious??
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:00:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 10:35:31 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 7/27/2011 10:04:41 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 7/27/2011 10:02:26 PM, Lasagna wrote:
So what's the strategy from here? We are all character claimed... I'd rather not role claim if it's not necessary unless it comes down to it, but if I have to I will.

Now we pressure those who we think have suspicious character claims for their roles, or we lynch someone.

You guys have been in the game longer than me, who's suspicious??

I think Alex is. He didn't post in the last two DPs or this one, and he was online an hour ago. I think he's avoiding us, and I don't know why the town would do that if they want to find the mafia/cult. VTL Alex
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:13:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/27/2011 11:00:28 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 7/27/2011 10:35:31 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 7/27/2011 10:04:41 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 7/27/2011 10:02:26 PM, Lasagna wrote:
So what's the strategy from here? We are all character claimed... I'd rather not role claim if it's not necessary unless it comes down to it, but if I have to I will.

Now we pressure those who we think have suspicious character claims for their roles, or we lynch someone.

You guys have been in the game longer than me, who's suspicious??

I think Alex is. He didn't post in the last two DPs or this one, and he was online an hour ago. I think he's avoiding us, and I don't know why the town would do that if they want to find the mafia/cult. VTL Alex

I just checked that and you're right, he hasn't posted since dp 6 so I'm gonna join you.

VTL Alex
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 10:56:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
More tangible in that I don't know what "4th Disciple" is but I know what "Method Man" and "RZA" and even "Dreddy Kruger" are.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 3:59:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/28/2011 10:56:41 AM, LeafRod wrote:
More tangible in that I don't know what "4th Disciple" is but I know what "Method Man" and "RZA" and even "Dreddy Kruger" are.

Oh, okay. I don't know any of them.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2011 10:22:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Core Wu-Tang members, for those of you who are clueless:

Method Man "Johnny Blaze" - the biggest star coming out of the clan. Starred in "How High" with Redman.

RZA "Bobby Steels"- the producer. Also hit the movie scene like Meth but only in supporting roles.

GZA "The Genius" - Credited with assembling the clan, regarded as the senior member.

Raekwon "The Chef" - successful member, known for his abstract form.

Ghostface Killa "Tony Starks" - another successful member who usually pairs up with Raekwon given their complimentary styles. Also pretty abstract, although unlike Rae you can actually understand him most of the time.

Ol' Dirty Bastard "Osirus" - the diva of the clan, who just had to go out like Jim Morrison and kill himself because he was that important. Probably the most original, definitely the most zany member.

Lesser known core members:

Inspectah Deck "Rebel INS" - faster rap style, very impressive on earlier CDs but when he came out with his own (finally) it did not impress.

U-God - bassy, scratchy-voiced member with some occasional diamonds in the rough.

Masta Killa - slow-rapping, unimpressive, and used most of the time as filler.

Others:

Cappadonna - appeared a little later than the core members, started breaking out with Raekwon and Ghostface. Better than the lesser known core members but not as good as the top tiered-ones.

These are the main Wu-Members. 9 originals, plus Cappadonna a little later.
----
4th disciple, Killarmy, Killah Priest, Shyheim...

These are just affiliates, spin-offs, etc. Feverish obviously needed more than ten names so he is now grabbing for lesser-known side-projects here, and you can read a bit about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Rob
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2011 10:34:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/29/2011 10:22:39 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Masta Killa - slow-rapping, unimpressive, and used most of the time as filler.

Strongly disagree with this assessment, perhaps a debate topic for the future?

Alex 4/4
(Andro, medic, lasagna, LeafRod).

Alex has been lynched. He was indeed the Rza and had not been recruited into the cult.

Night actions in please.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2011 10:44:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The song "Triumph" highlights every single member without having to listen to 10 different songs. This song comes at the peak of Wu-Tang's success, 1997, during their second album. They had already put out their first group album, Method Man's, ODB's, Rae's, GFK', and GZA's by now and they were all amazing and gold/platinum status. After this album they would begin their decline.

Intro and narrations: Ol' Dirty Bastard (0:13)
Rebel INS (0:38)
Method Man (1:25)
Cappadonna (2:08)
U-God (2:45)
RZA (3:26)
GZA (3:53)
Masta Killa (4:09)
Ghostface Killah (4:45)
Raekwon (5:23)

Feverish: try not to fall asleep during masta killa's part LOL
Rob
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2011 4:10:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/29/2011 10:44:32 AM, Lasagna wrote:


Feverish: try not to fall asleep during masta killa's part LOL

Yeah, I can admit that track is far from his finest moment but you can't judge an artist's career based on one song. Imagine if you judged ODB solely by his performance on something like Snakes off his first album.

Masta Killa is dope and has improved with age unlike most of his clan-mates. You seriously need to check his two solo albums, where, incidently (you say he raps slow) some of the best tracks are uptempo ones such as the title track and Digi Warfare on his first, and Brooklyn King on the second.

I guess as the youngest of the 9, he's had more chance to develop, but even if you go all the way back to Enter (which any head can agree is still the best Wu album) Masta Killa's only verse (recorded during a brief respite from his incarceration) on Mystery Of Chessboxing is a clear highlight.

You can't join the Wu Tang Clan as it's youngest member and have a name like Masta Killa, without being a seriously dope emcee.
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 3:50:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I absolutely love Masta Killa's verse in that song. That song to me is just totally about style and screwing around. My friends and I love the way he seems to simply be speaking his lines and we crack up whenever he says that line about energy travelling in rhyme form. I think it's awesome.