Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia, DP2

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 6:37:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Andromeda_Z has been killed during the Night Phase.

List of Dead

Andro

Current Living List

Medic0506
Freedomsquared
Lickdafoot
MCDCBC
Man-is-good
Greyparrot
Fubar
Wierdman
ChristianM
Deadleaves93

There are 10 people alive, so it still takes 6 votes for a lynch.

This DP will end on Wednesday at 4 pm PST.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 6:38:29 PM
At 8/1/2011 6:37:58 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Andromeda_Z has been killed during the Night Phase.

List of Dead

Andro

Current Living List

Medic0506
Freedomsquared
Lickdafoot
MCDCBC
Man-is-good
Greyparrot
Fubar
Wierdman
ChristianM
Logic on Rails

There are 10 people alive, so it still takes 6 votes for a lynch.

This DP will end on Wednesday at 4 pm PST.

Correction made, Logic replaced Deadleaves.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2011 7:35:38 PM
At 8/1/2011 7:03:31 PM, fubar wrote:
Where was I?

...oh yes...
Vote freedomsquared

I remembering you finding his bandwagoning suspicious, but you didn't vote to lynch him because that would contradict what you said about not wanting to lynch someone early in the game. Then he posted something, and you said he was definitely scum and voted for him. I didn't get a chance to ask before the previous DP ended, but what were your reasons for the change of opinion?
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 1:53:24 AM
At 8/1/2011 7:35:38 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Where was I?

...oh yes...
Vote freedomsquared

I remembering you finding his bandwagoning suspicious, but you didn't vote to lynch him because that would contradict what you said about not wanting to lynch someone early in the game. Then he posted something, and you said he was definitely scum and voted for him. I didn't get a chance to ask before the previous DP ended, but what were your reasons for the change of opinion?

I'd also like a reply on this point.

On a second point of interest, I find it interesting that ChristianM (using the name for simplicity in this post) wasn't hammered by the Mafia. I find it hard to believe that the Mafia wouldn't have killed him off. The Mafia likely have 3 people (a guess based on the normal 1/3 or 1/4 ratio) .

This I believe leaves 2 options (ie. more plausible than the Mafia not taking a free kill) . 1, ChristianM is Mafia or 2, all the Mafia members were already voting for Andromeda.

I believe this is a good place to start at, but, since I also want to hear the views of others, namely inactives, I'm refraining from my vote for the moment.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:47:55 AM
At 8/2/2011 1:53:24 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 8/1/2011 7:35:38 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Where was I?

...oh yes...
Vote freedomsquared

I remembering you finding his bandwagoning suspicious, but you didn't vote to lynch him because that would contradict what you said about not wanting to lynch someone early in the game. i think that the lynch worked perfectly becuase andro replaced christian m
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:57:19 AM
Where was I?

...oh yes...
Vote freedomsquared

Would you mind telling me why exactly?
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 11:10:14 AM
i want to know why logic and man-is-good did not vote?

I'm also curious as to why fubar said he would not vote someone off on the first day, and then singled out freedomsquare, and is now jumping to him right off the bat without any further information? I'm not sure if you are mafia or just way off base.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 4:15:12 PM
At 8/2/2011 11:10:14 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i want to know why logic and man-is-good did not vote?

I'm also curious as to why fubar said he would not vote someone off on the first day, and then singled out freedomsquare, and is now jumping to him right off the bat without any further information? I'm not sure if you are mafia or just way off base.

Simple. I wasn't online for a long period of time (ie. before votes piled on). You could have checked this during the night phase, which is actually a common strategy. At the time I was online I didn't feel there was reason enough to vote.

Let me put this simply. Either you believe me or I'm Mafia with Andromeda. The best way to test this would be to lynch Andromeda as we were already suspicious of Christian. However, the first thing to do is try and get some of the inactives active.

Ie. Has Man-is-good even posted yet?

VTL Man-is-good for pressure to participate.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 4:47:50 PM
At 8/2/2011 4:15:12 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Let me put this simply. Either you believe me or I'm Mafia with Andromeda. The best way to test this would be to lynch Andromeda as we were already suspicious of Christian. However, the first thing to do is try and get some of the inactives active.

I only thought I should VTL him because he was the most inactive out of all of us. I thought we should lynch someone, and he wasn't going to hurt us if he was town. What do you find suspicious?

Ie. Has Man-is-good even posted yet?

He posted twice so far, and both were in the last DP.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 4:49:13 PM
Also, currently looking for and accepting people to be replacements. I have openings (no benefits and pays well below minimum wage).

Also, a little over 25 hours left in this DP.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 4:56:37 PM
At 8/2/2011 1:53:24 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
On a second point of interest, I find it interesting that ChristianM (using the name for simplicity in this post) wasn't hammered by the Mafia. I find it hard to believe that the Mafia wouldn't have killed him off. The Mafia likely have 3 people (a guess based on the normal 1/3 or 1/4 ratio) .

This I believe leaves 2 options (ie. more plausible than the Mafia not taking a free kill) . 1, ChristianM is Mafia or 2, all the Mafia members were already voting for Andromeda.

I'm not mafia, but there aren't any investigative roles, so that's going to be hard to prove to you. The mafia might have been voting for me already, or maybe the mafia didn't notice that I was one vote away in time to hammer before the DP ended. I don't really know why they didn't hammer.
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 6:34:32 PM
Where was I?

...oh yes...
Vote freedomsquared

What baffles me is that Fubar reluctantly voted of freedomsquared without a cause as to why he wants he dead.(lynched)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:35:20 PM

VTL Freedomsquared
I do find his jump in the bandwagon suspicious....And yes, I am now participating...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 7:41:30 PM
At 8/2/2011 7:35:20 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

VTL Freedomsquared
I do find his jump in the bandwagon suspicious....And yes, I am now participating...

I didn't ever bandwagon...for the record. I made what I thought was a logical argument as to why we should lynch inactive people (an argument that has yet to be proved illogical). Fubar, not understanding how to play a mafia game with no roles, started fear mongering in order to get me lynched. While I'm most definitely suspicious of him, I think he is most likely misguided on this issue and is not acting maliciously. Saying that, I'd like to stick with the lynching of inactives.
-innomen

freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:18:22 PM
At 8/2/2011 8:06:19 PM, wierdman wrote:
VTL: Freedomsquared

because to me, he is the most inactive player.

Lol, well at least you give a reason (even if it's not true :P). I still think we should lynch inactives. That said, my list of people to lynch are:

1. Medic0506
2. MCDCBC
3. Greyparrot

The last one has not posted at all (making him extremely inactive) and the other two have only come on to vote to lynch. It is a common mafia tactic to lurk and then jump in when a lynch seems imminent.

Also, in my defense, the only confirmed townie (Andromeda) agreed with me on the last day phase.
-innomen

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:23:53 PM
At 8/2/2011 8:18:22 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Also, in my defense, the only confirmed townie (Andromeda) agreed with me on the last day phase.

That's not a defense. It only means that you and I thought the same thing, you could still be mafia no matter who agrees with you.

Also, I noticed that OreEle never announced my affiliation. The only way you could know for sure that I was town was if you were mafia. VTL freedomsquared
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:27:50 PM
At 8/2/2011 8:23:53 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

That's not a defense. It only means that you and I thought the same thing, you could still be mafia no matter who agrees with you.

This is true, I only point this out to show that I have the same opinions as the only confirmed townie.

Also, I noticed that OreEle never announced my affiliation. The only way you could know for sure that I was town was if you were mafia. VTL freedomsquared

You were killed during the night phase when the town has no roles (aka, a vigilante). Therefore, you were killed by the mafia. If you were killed by the mafia, then you are a townie.
-innomen

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:33:09 PM
At 8/2/2011 8:27:50 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/2/2011 8:23:53 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

This is true, I only point this out to show that I have the same opinions as the only confirmed townie.

You were killed during the night phase when the town has no roles (aka, a vigilante). Therefore, you were killed by the mafia. If you were killed by the mafia, then you are a townie.

Oh, right. That was a fail on my part, I was trying to do too many things at the same time and didn't think that through. unvote
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:42:43 PM
At 8/2/2011 8:06:19 PM, wierdman wrote:
VTL: Freedomsquared

because to me, he is the most inactive player.

Lol, well at least you give a reason (even if it's not true :P). I still think we should lynch inactives. That said, my list of people to lynch are:

1. Medic0506
2. MCDCBC
3. Greyparrot

The last one has not posted at all (making him extremely inactive) and the other two have only come on to vote to lynch. It is a common mafia tactic to lurk and then jump in when a lynch seems imminent.

Actually, I posted several times during the last day phase. If you remember I was arguing against lynching anyone until we heard from Ore_Ele how many players we had. I haven't posted today because I've been busy in a thread, and was waiting, like others, to see Fubar's response.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 8:56:02 PM

VTL Freedomsquared

Unvote

I realized that I might have been too brash, so instead I will be considering to vote for Greyparrot to lynch. He's very inactive, and his death--despite his status as a townie or mafia member, will at least mean little harm. Sorry for my recklesness, guys. After all, I was 'pressured to participate'...

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:22:17 PM
At 8/2/2011 8:56:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

VTL Freedomsquared

Unvote

I realized that I might have been too brash, so instead I will be considering to vote for Greyparrot to lynch. He's very inactive, and his death--despite his status as a townie or mafia member, will at least mean little harm. Sorry for my recklesness, guys. After all, I was 'pressured to participate'...

I'll go ahead...

VTL Greyparrot
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 10:29:06 PM
At 8/2/2011 8:56:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

VTL Freedomsquared

Unvote

Since grayparrot has barely participated, I will 'pressure' him to do so:
VTL Greyparrot

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2011 1:58:32 AM
Unvote
VTL Greyparrot
for pressure to participate.

Obviously, the more people who participate the more exchanges of suspicions we get and the more odd things we can point out. Now, onto a few points:

1. Wierdman votes freedomsquared because he's the most inactive player?! It's okay to vote, but at least give a reason that isn't objectively false. (there are way less active players...)

2, Andromeda, obviously I can't 'prove' anything in this game. What I do is analyse the playing style of players and look at their reactions to statements and such. Things like you claiming freedom was Mafia due to the reasons you realised seems somewhat like scare tactics. Plus, I didn't insinuate that you were Mafia, merely that if you were town then all the Mafia were likely voting for you. Having said that, I think that's our best lead at the moment.

However, for the moment, I'm adopting a wait and see approach. I pressure inactives to voice opinions and see how it all stacks up. Once I see highly suspicious behaviour I'll move in. I'm collecting 'evidence'.